Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 103. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Back on fucking topic....

Stop with the bitching and moaning, and concentrate on the end goal. Forget the I told you so's.

Again, rants and I told you so's are not helping. What we need is....

Ok guys I need some help. I just got my papers back, and Alpha is defending the claim I had on them. They sent me the paperwork for small claims track. Is anyone at this stage? They used the same shitty ass copy and paste response as a defence in this claim. Also their response is different than the original tos. I need some help guys...

Here's a link, they are backwards the way they were sent, so start from the bottom. http://imgur.com/a/2IbnV

Ok Scooby

they state that HMRC taxes it. HMRC taxes the transactions made with it as it does when you make a transaction on anything.

It is not your duty to register as a business. as a consumer, you only need to submit a tax return in the UK when you change the coin into GBP or trade it for an item that has GBP value. Check with an accountant and quote the hell out of HMRCs brief http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm It is not a money printing machine. you still have to do things with it after "mining" to get value.

Customers must abide by UK law, not AT Law.

AT has not delivered after the 10 weeks they said they would. this is a clear bread of contract.

So when did you pay the 70%? then ten weeks from that date is when they should have shipped and they told us all they were not going to meet the deadline.

read these forums again this is nothing new and can be argued out. PM me and i can share with you my full Statement of Claim I am preparing. Smiley but it would Help if you have paid in full 10 weeks or more ago. then there are other options to explore.

They think they will wriggle off the hook with us being businesses. I work with Homeless people everyday and this is a side thing. Yes it might make money. I hoped i would be able to trade the coins to break even but it was always something of a personal project and hobby. but they have not delivered.

Check out my post above too.

I am not a lawyer but happy to help if i can. if you are unsure about anything you need to consult a lawyer.

Finally a useful post. Point being we ALL need a concise document to hit them with. There will be those that still believe in AT. I for one do not obviously. I also find it humorous that people still talk specs here as this product is dead. If they handed it to you tomorrow, you lost money. Give it up folks.

Many posters here have contributed invaluable information. if you go back and read my request, and look at the pics, you can see I am obviously in get em mode.

AT, you stole 6500 from me, I want it back, and fuck your half offer (perhaps instead of 2 you pay for one) and stocks for that matter.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Stop with the bitching and moaning, and concentrate on the end goal. Forget the I told you so's.

Ok guys I need some help. I just got my papers back, and Alpha is defending the claim I had on them. They sent me the paperwork for small claims track. Is anyone at this stage? They used the same shitty ass copy and paste response as a defence in this claim. Also their response is different than the original tos. I need some help guys...

Here's a link, they are backwards the way they were sent, so start from the bottom. http://imgur.com/a/2IbnV

Ok Scooby

they state that HMRC taxes it. HMRC taxes the transactions made with it as it does when you make a transaction on anything.

It is not your duty to register as a business. as a consumer, you only need to submit a tax return in the UK when you change the coin into GBP or trade it for an item that has GBP value. Check with an accountant and quote the hell out of HMRCs brief http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm It is not a money printing machine. you still have to do things with it after "mining" to get value.

Customers must abide by UK law, not AT Law.

AT has not delivered after the 10 weeks they said they would. this is a clear bread of contract.

So when did you pay the 70%? then ten weeks from that date is when they should have shipped and they told us all they were not going to meet the deadline.

read these forums again this is nothing new and can be argued out. PM me and i can share with you my full Statement of Claim I am preparing. Smiley but it would Help if you have paid in full 10 weeks or more ago. then there are other options to explore.

They think they will wriggle off the hook with us being businesses. I work with Homeless people everyday and this is a side thing. Yes it might make money. I hoped i would be able to trade the coins to break even but it was always something of a personal project and hobby. but they have not delivered.

Check out my post above too.

I am not a lawyer but happy to help if i can. if you are unsure about anything you need to consult a lawyer.

Edit: sorry the photos are hard to read. just realised they assert you have not paid your 70% this will put you in a different situation from me. You need to really focus your argument on the Consumer/Business debate. This is what they are relying on. you may need an accountant to show you are not reliant on this product as your main source of income, i.e. you have a job or another business.
Activity: 616
Lawyer said no.. please stop posting unless you have useful info.

My useful information, along with anderl and retro's, is what has been helping the community. Your lawyer said no, then that's fine. This is still an open topic thread. So far, you've ruined one whole page with your large embedded quoting of telling people they bother you. Please refrain from requiring everyone bow to your preferences. Glean from this thread what is useful to you. Reading back 10 pages will provide all of your answers.

how is an exact calculation not on point? these are not calculations for a cupcake recipy

bumface, you're correct in looking at the PSU situation that way. Their recent change of heart was that they would include the appropriate power solution, which should save you this extra expense--though shipping and VAT on it will hurt.

You know an alpha-lawsuit webforum has been setup aggregating all of this right? Your frustration is understandable, but this is an open forum whose only topic is Alpha Tec. So to be 'on topic' would be for you to actually go to the lawsuit webforum.

I believe it is http://www.alpha-viper-group-action.com/

Lawyer said no.. please stop posting unless you have useful info.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
 Let's recover what we can. Sick of the bullshit I told you so's and I just got banned. WE ALL BEEN BANNED.  With that said, lets do something about it..

Activity: 616

You know an alpha-lawsuit webforum has been setup aggregating all of this right? Your frustration is understandable, but this is an open forum whose only topic is Alpha Tec. So to be 'on topic' would be for you to actually go to the lawsuit webforum.

I believe it is http://www.alpha-viper-group-action.com/
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but never buy from an unknown source like this. Alpha has never shown the product just fed us bullshit and still found greedy people willing to send them money.

Useless info... You are the fucking choir, and it helps no one here to hear it.

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Activity: 532
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
This is what I have to say about that piece of crap looking case Alpha-T threw together 10 months after the start of the project in order to try to convince  the public, customers, CC processors, Paypal et all that they are actually real and doing something useful with the millions of dollars they probably raised in pre-orders.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Can someone tell me where in the world a Crypto currency is a recognised currency?

As i understand it HMRC see it as a personal traceable asset.

My experience of Small Claims is the Judge acts as inquisitor of both cases. I got a roasting once and judge found in my favour. went totally against all the signs.

I intend to throw every piece of law i can find at them and see if they stick. Distance Selling Regs, unfair trading regs, etc

Also they cannot cancel the contract because you ask for a refund. It is an unfair term. They have gained a pecuniary advantage.

The bottom line is if you have paid in full more than 10 weeks ago they have breached contract.

Further, a court may find that the contract only commenced from the 8 weeks after final payment as that is the time when they should have started shipping and there for the contract commences then. as they did not it could be viewed that they were negligent/in breach of the statutory duty owed under Section 5(2)(b) of the consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
      “ it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take transactional decisions he would not have taken otherwise”

plus i am concerned they knew problems end of April as the Development updates stopped and then they would be in breach of the Fraud Act

Besides i am not only relying upon the right to cancel on the Distance regs i also am seeking judgment on their ability to be unable to perform the contract and Schedule 2 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 Sections 1(b);(d);(g);(m); and (o).

Check em out, they may offer alternative routes to make a statement of claim. Personally i am kitchen sinking them and see what the judge says.

just a little extra -
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm
"1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received."

I know it is vague but  with other evidence, some anecdotal, like is owning a camera, is it a business activity if you are a hobbyist and sell a few? Would most likely get you the benefit of the doubt. So selling selling a digital camera to a consumer or a professional would be a good parallel. Even if you would like the produced to pay for itself over a period of time. Does that make you a business? really? one uses it in his everyday work and another in his spare time. that i would imagine applies to the vast majority of AT customers. Therefore consumers.

Remember EVERYTHING is up for debate and a matter of perspective in a court room this will be no exception and most likely the judge will have had little experience of this market so it will be new to them and they will rely upon experience and intuition.
Intuition would not come down favourably on AT side as these products will not make money ever so how can they be a business activity. it is illogical to buy a machine that will not make enough for your to live on. so ok some have bought four or five or more of the big ones. they might have a tougher time arguing this. those who bought one unit should be able to argue the points.

Add it to ATs stance and timeline and most judges who see this sort of thing everyday may not look favourably on them.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Tape-out is progressing with good speed and we are on track to ship in September.

That is a pretty amazing statement. It was 3 months after KNC finished the Neptune tape-out before they received wafers.
It has been over 2 months since KNC finished tape-out on the Titan and they don't have wafers yet.

But Alpha-T still hasn't finished tape-out and they are going to ship next month ?

the website is now offline  Sad
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
Yes something quite suspicious about those pictures in particular the third one down:

https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-08082014/

To me that looks like dust on that closest lip with finger smudges in the dust as well.  Where has this thing been hiding all this time one must wonder? Being held for ransom i.e. payment? You would thing a week ago two weeks ago, before the whole thing was about to blow up they would have been able to say hold one our chassis is right now being manufactured and will be showable in two weeks time (now). But nothing a week ago, two weeks ago, 1 month ago. And with the stroke of a magic want without any mention at all, not even an inkling, these pictures suddenly show up?
no PSU, tell me you`re joking!

Power consumption: <=1875 Watts

a 1500 watt PC PSU is 309 euro here!!!!!!!!!! are you telling me i have to pay 5450 GBP + 21% Dutch tax + a fucking 400 euro PSU!??!!

original full copy of the januari website states "Power consumption: <= 600w"

it also says "Appropriate power supply for customer country shall be provided."

this psu shit will cost me an addition 300 to 400 euro

5450 GBP = 6837.74 Euro

6837.74 Euro .... 21% = 1435.9254 TAX
                                                               +
----------------------------------------------------------

400 PSU
                                                               +
----------------------------------------------------------
8673.6654 euro A.K.A 11618 dollar

Scrypt Multipool         0.00056173           BTC/MHs
http://poolpicker.eu/

0.00056173 x 250MH/S = 0,1404325 per day  (82.29 USD)

11618 dollar / 82.29 USD = Breakeven point 136,2176105053347 days (4,394116467914024 months)

ow yeah and did i mention the 29 dollarcent per kilowatt energy prices in the netherlands? which is €3800.088 (5087.82 US Dollar) per YEAR

and all this glory could be mine IF i get a machine next month

year 1 total income 51,2578625 btc = 30074.53 USD
Year 1 total costs 12473,7534 euro = 16697.17 US Dollar   -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                     13377,36 dollar profit
*IF i get it next month,
*IF multipool payouts remain constant
*IF btc price does not fall,
*IF powercosts do not rise                                                     
*IF hardware doesnt break down during or after warranty period

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Honestly I can't figure out how anyone can take this guy seriously. This "Development Update" (https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-08082014/) just proves Alpha were lying when they said they only found out the tapeout failed in early July.

Mubasher Akram
Managing Director
Administrator
Re: Alpha-Tech Developmental Update 08/08/2014

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:49:42 PM »

There are several modifications being made to this enclosure. The smaller holes are primarily because the vendor had to make tooling for bigger ones which would have taken time and this one was readily available. The version shown was our prototype of the enclosure and was primarily made for mock fit out arrangements of PCBs and fans.

These are the some of the major modifications that will be done in the final enclosure you will receive:

1)     Vertical insertion of up to 15 Scrypt boards with card guides.

2)     Rear Panel fan will have full cutout with only finger guard. No holes at all there.

3)     Telescopic rails holes for rack rails mounting.

Also though we have provision for 12 PCI-E connectors, the 50 M/hs will require fewer connections from the power supply.

Its the 8th of August and this is still a prototype enclosure, still being modified. The PCB design has not yet been finalised. Yet they were still ADVERTISING they were going to be shipping in July as late as 20th of June AND were still trying to take credit card payments from 15th of July onward until the CC processor shut it down. This shows a clear intention to deceive their customers. To have had ANY hope of shipping from July 15th they should have had many hundreds of cases, PCBs, Power supplies etc, sitting in a warehouse waiting for the chips. Right now they don't even have one finished case!!

I think Mubasher Akram will be lucky not to get thrown in jail if he goes in front of a Judge with his cockamamie defense. Every time he opens his mouth he digs a bigger hole for himself.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
I got this today:

Greetings Miners!

As promised we want to provide you updates as often as possible covering as much as possible in the lead up to shipment. Here is our enclosure which has rack mount provisions.

Both the front and back side of the enclosure have 3 fans fitted.

The Scrypt boards will be placed in vertical fashion inside the enclosure so that air flow can be maintained at 2m/sec and higher.

The Controller board will be placed on top of the Scrypt boards on a plate (as shown in the pic). All the fan connectors will terminate on this board.

The Power distribution boards will be mounted on the back side of the enclosure so that cables from the power supply can be directly connected to it. The Ethernet connection will come out of the controller board which can be directly connected to a router/switch using a CAT5-E Ethernet cable.

After further consideration we may break the Scrypt boards into multiple smaller boards because of the size of the current boards and thermal reasons; this is being evaluated right now. In all likelihood each Scrypt board will have 12 chips instead of 36 chips as planned earlier.

Tape-out is progressing with good speed and we are on track to ship in September. We will soon be releasing full details of our proposition to you, it will of course take some time for the legal and accounting team to put it together so please bear with us; you will be emailed when it’s ready.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram

Director

To unsubscribe click here
newsletter
Jump to: