Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 106. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
Take the 50% refund first. So you have at least 50% instead of nothing (possible bankcruptcy after court decision to your favor). You can still claim the rest through smallclaims.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Forget their T&C, they are void for individuals. Take distance selling regulations, they do apply if ya didnt order as business customer.

I didn't order as business customer, I ordered it for myself as an individual so maybe distance selling regulations are the way to go.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Has anyone taken these to the UK small claims court yet?

I bought a 5MHs (now 50MHs) in the second round of orders at end of March so I'm still within the 5 month refund window, however they are only offering a refund 50% - £70.

Although these are obviously trying to pull a fast one here, I'm trying to identify the exact terms they have broken. The only thing I have found that I think would be arguable in a court, is in the original terms they said miners would ship 8 - 10 weeks after the request for final payment. This request happened on May 22nd however they haven't shipped yet.

The other possible argument is around the required power for the miner. The original 5MHs was going to draw <= 70W looking here http://web.archive.org/web/20140212231631/https://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner. However, with the upgrade to now be 50MHs the power requirements have shot up to <= 375W which I think is another possible point to argue for a full refund on?

I paid by Bank Transfer as this was the only option in the March batch of sales, so no CC claim for me!

Forget their T&C, they are void for individuals. Take distance selling regulations, they do apply if ya didnt order as business customer.
Activity: 46
Has anyone taken these to the UK small claims court yet?

I bought a 5MHs (now 50MHs) in the second round of orders at end of March so I'm still within the 5 month refund window, however they are only offering a refund 50% - £70.

Although these are obviously trying to pull a fast one here, I'm trying to identify the exact terms they have broken. The only thing I have found that I think would be arguable in a court, is in the original terms they said miners would ship 8 - 10 weeks after the request for final payment. This request happened on May 22nd however they haven't shipped yet.

The other possible argument is around the required power for the miner. The original 5MHs was going to draw <= 70W looking here http://web.archive.org/web/20140212231631/https://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner. However, with the upgrade to now be 50MHs the power requirements have shot up to <= 375W which I think is another possible point to argue for a full refund on?

I paid by Bank Transfer as this was the only option in the March batch of sales, so no CC claim for me!
Activity: 1
Alpha hasn't run yet. Bitpay got back to me on this situation.... They sent a complaint to Alpha. Alpha replied with their typical bullshit saying they haven't broken their terms, and I am not entitled to a refund.

I explained how it has absolutely zero reference to not being refunded in full after 6 months of payment but before product delivery.

I then explained how they have in fact broken their terms and conditions by requesting payment greater than 8-10 weeks ago and still being far off from delivery.

I informed them I have already started a case with their local UK tribunal courts and this would be their last opportunity to resolve the matter outside of the courts.

Could you provide us some guidance about dealing with bitpay refunds, please?
Activity: 28
I called Discover and said I wanted to dispute a charge, gave the date of the order and the merchant name, explained it was an order for a computer that was supposed to ship some months after I ordered it but never arrived and that I had tried to contact the merchant to request a refund but had been denied. That was it, I wasn't too specific about the date it was supposed to arrive. They did ask why I waited so long to dispute it, and I explained it was an order for an item that hadn't been released yet, but that the date of it's release had come and gone with no product arriving. They didn't need any additonial info.

This triggered a dispute in PayPal almost immediately with the description "Item never arrived", in the details it said "We're reviewing this chargeback and we'll contact you if we need more information. You don't need to do anything further at this time". Opened it on June 30th, didn't hear anything from Discover or PayPal, case closed in my favor July 16th.

I did exactley the same with Mastercard yesterday. Waiting for them to get back to me. Will be keeping you guys informed...
Activity: 616
Don't forget, they promised credit as a method of payment, and it was revoked. They now have no way for you to pay the order, and are still penalizing you for it.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Yes, but don't go to PayPal, go straight to the CC company and explain the situation, they will open the dispute with PayPal on your behalf which isn't affected by the 45day PayPal dispute time limit.

Yes always try your credit card company first.  PayPal terms and conditions states that if you contact them first you waive all your rights to the cc company terms for protection.

Did not know this ..will pass it along....important to know this I think for those trying cc options....(perhaps that is also why my dispute #1 failed and I lost 45 days plus..hmmmm)

Searing

Yes, but don't go to PayPal, go straight to the CC company and explain the situation, they will open the dispute with PayPal on your behalf which isn't affected by the 45day PayPal dispute time limit.

don't ask for a refund from alpha either first or they might file a 'dispute' against you ..by this i mean with amex they give the disrupted party 45 days to reply
from what I can tell then 30 days on a follow up...if you inform alpha you are refunding or going to refund to your amex card they can then file against you
and not reply for 44 days or so .initiating the 'big stall' imho .with me on my orig dispute #1 I lost (did not know for 1 week) because alpha sent an invoice I paid that was not like
the invoice showing what I still owed....just one showing I paid the 30% down thus looking like an order fufilled......amex closed the dispute...or course I redid the dispute...but 44 days
was lost and well ..it did manage to p/o amex when I put that in my dispute anyway..and they never replied on the 30 days after ...so the time I lost is significant
at this point in time with amex you want your dispute to be looked at once and refunded because all the info it is a scam is there at the get go and perhaps
amex will not play mediation tag...it is so late in the game for alpha a 44 day reply etc ...well I can't see them lasting 30 days ...but try anyway.

so just go to the cc company skip paypal (somehow also on orig dispute #1  paypal was involved..they sent me nothing but the dispute showed up on my paypal info site
I'm not sure if this was amex's doing or alpha (amex negotiates all and tells you nothing as part of the process...) but...it could have been done by either...just
muddied the waters no my orig loss of disptute #1 with amex.

anyway just tell cc company ....don't tell alpha you want a refund or they could use the above and file a DISPUTE ON YOUR that
you did not pay the last 70%.....as a stall and claim they are the victim that you OWE THEM
money...(that would send most of us on this forum really off the deep end!)

that sanitized bill they sent amex on the first dispute freaked me out..it was the 2nd dispute with amex that I filed that I a bit of info each time to their
1-800 number amex rep..as stuff happened ...ex ..this date i was banned from forums....they have no phone number on their web page anymore etc

The main thing with amex when it goes to the fraud guys you want the guy to look at the dispute notes a page or two and just "know" at glance
it is a fraud...cause it is all laid out....should be easy enough to map such out in a manner and in say amex's case just feed the 1-800 amex reps
this info a bit over numerous calls....

I WOULD NOT except as supplement upload DOCS to them and expect them to read that ...imho they are just gonna read the dispute info that
you gave the amex reps....they are likely too swamped for a big investigation...so if you lay it out well..they will see it is an obvious scam and 1)
either send them a scathing letter with emphasis on your points which alpha will likely ignore and lose the dispute or 2) simply do the refund
(assuming alpha has funds/methods they can access yet) cause they like your dispute info all there no hassle and less work from them...and
then the alpha fraud guy can just move on to his next dispute case.

anyway whatever you do act guick and good luck

Searing

This was true on my dispute #1 which I lost with alpha..it seems  paypal at least flagged my paypal account as having a dispute
although I got no further info on the dispute in anyway by paypal.

The second go around dispute #2 I filed with details to the amex reps directly and them adding stuff
to my dispute page (use the www.coindesk.com article and www.alpha-t-net own news on the
silly stock stuff...but READ over the phone the amex rep as you shoot all this stuff to them bit by bit
...the links directly ..it is a pain for the direct coindesk article but
again imho amex fraud people usually just look at the dispute page to start not the extra docs
say you could not get the doc to upload (was true also in my case anyway) and just read
them in ..I think the coindesk article made a good impression and the news alpha puts out
about equip to stock makes them look like idiots...make sure to get them both sites...imho

anyway 2nd dispute that I won paypal never got involved at all ...and that one I got my full refund

anyway just so folks know who are trying amex card refund and or it may apply to other cc companies

Searing

Please don't forget guys... I don't see this posted on here?Huh but.... over here at http://www.alpha-viper-group-action.com/ they are collecting a pool of those seeking refunds for a class-action suit that Alpha much deserves. I won't post any details on the updates we have received publicly here... but... the more the merrier.... get on the list if you are not already.

additionally I'd also do the above also just in case

Searing

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Please don't forget guys... I don't see this posted on here?Huh but.... over here at http://www.alpha-viper-group-action.com/ they are collecting a pool of those seeking refunds for a class-action suit that Alpha much deserves. I won't post any details on the updates we have received publicly here... but... the more the merrier.... get on the list if you are not already.
Activity: 36
Alpha hasn't run yet. Bitpay got back to me on this situation.... They sent a complaint to Alpha. Alpha replied with their typical bullshit saying they haven't broken their terms, and I am not entitled to a refund.

I explained how it has absolutely zero reference to not being refunded in full after 6 months of payment but before product delivery.

I then explained how they have in fact broken their terms and conditions by requesting payment greater than 8-10 weeks ago and still being far off from delivery.

I informed them I have already started a case with their local UK tribunal courts and this would be their last opportunity to resolve the matter outside of the courts.

I did the exact same thing and the child changed my 30% order status to full deposit refund but never sent it, and said the 70% was non refundable, and upon inquiry to why and what, complete disregard and lack of communication or cooperation.

In effect he forcibly cancelled and promised goodwill refund and stole the rest.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Activity: 714
I called Discover and said I wanted to dispute a charge, gave the date of the order and the merchant name, explained it was an order for a computer that was supposed to ship some months after I ordered it but never arrived and that I had tried to contact the merchant to request a refund but had been denied. That was it, I wasn't too specific about the date it was supposed to arrive. They did ask why I waited so long to dispute it, and I explained it was an order for an item that hadn't been released yet, but that the date of it's release had come and gone with no product arriving. They didn't need any additonial info.

This triggered a dispute in PayPal almost immediately with the description "Item never arrived", in the details it said "We're reviewing this chargeback and we'll contact you if we need more information. You don't need to do anything further at this time". Opened it on June 30th, didn't hear anything from Discover or PayPal, case closed in my favor July 16th.

+1, A+++ poster. Would read again.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?

one guy got a chargeback from discover

Just wondering perhaps it is too soon but looking like the only ones so far who have managed a FULL refund after the alpha
self imposed grace period over (last spring refunds) ..is thru various cc options...and that seems require a LOT of explaining to get even the alpha $$$
back even via cc method...in that from my point of view when it did reply on my first dispute ..the invoice looked like I paid for a completed
product...not 30% down on vaporware..what was sent to amex anyway

That was me, and it didn't take a lot of explaining, one call to Discover which took about 3 minutes to explain the situation and I got a full refund of the deposit. I urge everyone who paid with any credit card to contact your credit card company and put in a dispute right now before Alpha Technologies file for bankruptcy.

What exactly did you explain?  Some people are trying the same channels and not getting the same response.

Yes always try your credit card company first.  PayPal terms and conditions states that if you contact them first you waive all your rights to the cc company terms for protection.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Nice one Smiley
You wan chili saus?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Just wondering perhaps it is too soon but looking like the only ones so far who have managed a FULL refund after the alpha
self imposed grace period over (last spring refunds) ..is thru various cc options...and that seems require a LOT of explaining to get even the alpha $$$
back even via cc method...in that from my point of view when it did reply on my first dispute ..the invoice looked like I paid for a completed

That was me, and it didn't take a lot of explaining, one call to Discover which took about 3 minutes to explain the situation and I got a full refund of the deposit. I urge everyone who paid with any credit card to contact your credit card company and put in a dispute right now before Alpha Technologies file for bankruptcy.

Did you pay through your cc via paypal though?
You wan chili saus?

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
And does anybody get SSL certificate notification in Chrome?  About their forum?
Yup
Jump to: