Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 109. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
So I was browsing their site again, for giggles, and noticed something which caught my eye. Now, the last CE/PSU update I could recall, they were going to require the customer to provide the PSU and they would simply provide the connector. Now I see on their site that they're including CE'd PSU's once more. Maybe I'm wrong and they did change it and I missed the update, but thought I'd share.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, check out their terms overview: "If at any point you request a refund...your order will be revoked to be resold to other potential buyers"

Considering they have tons of unpaid orders, I'm surprised they're "out of stock". Unless they plan to keep those miners..

Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
Oh snakey B now that brings back some (lack of) memories!  Grin
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I have no more information about these guys than you do Retro72 but I think your characterization of them as ambulance chasers is a little unfair. All the ambulance chasers are down in Hammersmith Smiley

Seriously, when you are talking about lawyers who specialize in commercial and civil litigation, they are ALL ambulance chasers. Thats what lawyers do, help victims recover what is coming to them, and take a cut for their efforts.

I agree with you though that it wouldn't hurt to hear them out.
Haha, don't knock Hammersmith, it has some great pubs along the river, I was thrown out of pretty much all of them in my drunken, snakebite and black fuelled youth Grin

Like I say it probably won't hurt to hear them out. Maybe I was a bit harsh but do your due diligence and make your own minds up.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
I have no more information about these guys than you do Retro72 but I think your characterization of them as ambulance chasers is a little unfair. All the ambulance chasers are down in Hammersmith Smiley

Seriously, when you are talking about lawyers who specialize in commercial and civil litigation, they are ALL ambulance chasers. Thats what lawyers do, help victims recover what is coming to them, and take a cut for their efforts.

I agree with you though that it wouldn't hurt to hear them out.
Activity: 433
so thoughts on this law firm? I've also been contacted.. I see they did some work on the Mt Gox thing, but I dont see a final result nor do I see much from their clients in the case. Is this a scam within a scam?
They look like a bunch of shady ambulance chasers if you ask me.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/selachii-llp-law-firms-initial-gox-plan-507274
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zyf1w/sellachi_llp_vs_mtgox_discussion_of_fee/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MtGox/comments/1zn09i/selachii_trustworthy/
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?367574-payday-loan-taken-out-2-years-ago-now-capital-credit-management-Lasker-International-taking-my-money

They never answered the questions or serious allegations raised in those threads and kind of did an Alpha brushoff.

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.

I should hopefully be able to provide an update within 24/36 hours.

Questions & concerns in this thread still not addressed?

Our clients call us on + 44 (0) 20 7792 5649 or email info(at)selachii.co.uk for updates and advice.

Or please book an appointment for an in person meeting at our London office.

If you would like to obtain advice from any other law firm in England and Wales you may find firms here:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Or if you would like an estimate of costs and advice from a law firm in Japan you will find some here:

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7113.html

It might not hurt to hear them out but I would be vary and do your due diligence, especially if they are asking for upfront fees.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
If you remember my last update regarding my BitPay refund request with dialogue involving Mubasher, our mediary and myself, the young adult forcibly changed the status of my order to refunded without actually sending a refund, and breaking communication for 2 days.

He replied upset that he felt "BitPay was feeding me lies" and "seemed to value the customer over the merchant" whereas the only contact that has occurred between BitPay and myself had occurred within the ticket itself and was completely neutral in every regard to the dialogue.

Also within his reply he did not address the status change of my order, my account status, or my two refunds.

He disregarded the issue and then disappeared again, and didn't respond to my immediate reply.

Bout to lawyer up because I'm getting nowhere with this negligent child.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
The Andrew Laurus Story is not confirmed. I think it is just a hoax. Roll Eyes
I revealed Andrew Laurus's involvement in this thread based on public records of shareholders. It is not a hoax.  It is definitely confirmed.  If you want to see a copy of their shareholder records this year, you can PM me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg7979406;topicseen#msg7979406

It's still hard for some folks to swallow the load of reality which is this situation.

Create a fake dude and issue him some fake shares in a fraudulent company and when it all implodes they will say fake dude ran off with the cash. Pretty lame!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Even though I already have the money claim going through the courts, I dropped an e-mail over to this law office and gave them my information!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
so thoughts on this law firm? I've also been contacted.. I see they did some work on the Mt Gox thing, but I dont see a final result nor do I see much from their clients in the case. Is this a scam within a scam?

They are probably quite successful. I used to live in the Notting Hill Gate area just up the road many years ago. Its a posh area full of successful small businesses and expensive residential areas on a road that runs from Notting Hill Gate down to Kensington not far from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, and eventually on towards Harrods.

It wouldn't hurt to give them a chance and hear their terms and advice before you decide to participate.
My guess is that they are trying to judge the number of people who might like to participate, the scope of damages and the likelihood of recovery before they decide its worth their while. If I had an Alpha-T pre-order, which I don't, I'd give 'em a chance. At the very least, if I felt unhappy with Alpha-T, I would let them know why and how much money you have at stake.

It looks like the best offer on the table at the moment.
Activity: 462
I have not been in this thread since I posted pissed off comment in January about them stealing 40% of my refund plus fee. Seeing all the crap here now Im really glad I got my refund before it was too late :-)
Haven't been that lucky with Black Arrow and Hashfast though
Activity: 19
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Google

Richard Howlett (Selachii LLP ) and Simon Taylor
Activity: 64
LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P
Activity: 32
Activity: 381
PRiVCY
no i was referring to the selacchii law firm and asking VJLoops
Activity: 107
Activity: 381
PRiVCY
whats their mail address?
Activity: 64
LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P
Gladly! It's the least I could do  Grin

Dear Sir,
We have been asked to contact you because you have shown an interest in joining a potential class action against Alpha Technology (INT) Limited (Alpha).

The reason you will have shown an interest is because you will have paid either in part or in full for goods which have not been shipped to you by Alpha.

Alpha appear to have employed delaying tactics to their customers in respect of goods ordered and also informed customers they are not protected by the UK Distance Selling Regulations because the customer is a 'business'.

We are currently ascertaining a rough count of clients who would be interested in a class action against Alpha.  At this stage, if you would be interested, can you please confirm:-

1.  Your Name
2.  The date of your order
3.  How much you have paid to Alpha
4.  Your country of residence
5.  If you would be interested in joining a class action to recover the funds you have paid to Alpha

Once we have an idea of how many customers have been affected we will then be able to confirm a strategy to those who wish to be included.  We would provide clear details of how a class action works, what we can do to protect any assets held by Alpha, what will happen if it transpires that Alpha are guilty of fraud and also the estimated costs.

The main benefit of any class action is that the costs are divided equally between clients therefore making litigation viable for almost any client.

We look forward to hearing from you.  If you are aware of any other customers who have suffered losses due to ordering goods with Alpha, please do pass them a copy of this email.

Selachii LLP are a firm of Solicitors based in central London who specialize in both commercial and civil litigation.

Yours faithfully,

Selachii LLP

131c Kensington Church Street, Notting Hill, London, W8 7LP

Tel: 020 7792 5649

www.selachii.co.uk
Activity: 616
Maybe, maybe not. 10% of the company, for helping them out of a hole? If they manage to perform a miracle and actually ship units, then it's a sizeable stake. If they go under, he hasn't got much to lose. I think he's just offering guidance.

They claimed that after the first tapeout disaster, someone came along and pumped them with money to carry them through to the end.

That's a lot of "guidance".
Activity: 532
I fail to see how they said the foundry said the CHIPS performed better than expected when they don't have any chips?

Did Andrew Laurus do a runner with the cash?

That is the answer to all questions. Why is that person involved with this company? and how does that relate to offering customers 30% of profits only which there will be none.

I'm wondering if Laurus run a mining farm that maybe he took all the good chips for himself?

Or maybe Alpha-T gave him shares in return for him helping salvage their absolute disaster of a company.

If that's the case, looks like he got a bum deal :p

Maybe, maybe not. 10% of the company, for helping them out of a hole? If they manage to perform a miracle and actually ship units, then it's a sizeable stake. If they go under, he hasn't got much to lose. I think he's just offering guidance.
Jump to: