Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 140. (Read 529056 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Searing et al using amex can you please just answer one question: why isn't refund being offered to you on the basis of Insurance? (or is it that Insurance is not automatically provided to customers in the US by default?)

I'm not talking about amex standard refund policy, I am talking about stuff like:

If you pay with amex for your travel ticket, then you get travel insurance for free automatically.
If you pay with amex for an item and it is stolen within 3 month then you get reimbursed
etc.

this is usually associated with the gold/platinum cards...

Well ... from what I can gather ..the 30% down is the rub...... they keep asking alpha to reply to what the heck is going on ..the first reply was 44 days and sent amex
a bill that I paid ..neglecting to say it was 30% down....amex closed the ticket...so i re-opened the ticket on them breaking the merchant TOS with amex
by only offering the 30% via paypal and cc protection and not giving me back the 30% unless I paid in full as my only option in the last 70%.....ie amex says that
is pretty much extortion...so they sent another dispute error to alpha which they will reply with some wishy washyness that probably has no legal bearing and so
the wheel of 45 day dispute will continue...they are stalling

I suppose it is POSSIBLE I could get something thru amex from some kinda fraud/insurance payback...but I paid 30% down...fraud only covers if you DID NOT
CHARGE THE ITEM from what I gather (again just asking regular reps they may be wrong) but the consensus is....because I paid the 30% down if they no
longer have a cc option account to get the $$$ back under paypal and amex cc stuff...ie alpha is only taking the equiv of cash via unsecured wire xfer or bitcoin
or litecoin...then amex has no way to get back funds...thus..because I purchased it ..was not fraud..at that point I take them to court ..or so the consensus is
according to amex regular reps...this has gone a bit higher then that at this point..I guess there is a paypal executive committee you can petition..but again
what normal corp has no access to bank accounts amex can find nor cc nor paypal etc in such a manner to take the first 30% secured and extort you for the
last 70% unsecured....thus why amex is befuddled....

but  yeah....they could (amex) say it just reeks of a scam and refund me...but again consensus of reg amex reps you regularly get on the voice line is that
because I paid (not some criminal) I probably will just have to sue alpha or some such (FTC/BBS the usual BFL run around)

catch here again is I PAID and amex said they agree in good faith...they just plain have not seen anyone from what I can tell sell vaporware and extort the
rest in such a manner before....likely it will be up to me (esp if alpha sends amex a letter saying they are going bankrupt) and/or amex simply says I should
file with UK authorities...it is that OR AMEX eats the $$$ I lost..w/o a method to get it back from alpha

and again if amex does have insurance the adjuster would probably point out it was me that paid for the initial 30% down anyway so it is up to me to get
it back in that amex did what it could in good faith but regular amex avenues are closed (esp if alpha claims bankruptcy and now again is only a cash/carry
business)

Anyway...we will see but only give myself a 1 out of 10 chance now of getting any $$$ back....this is just what is going on with amex ..I've heard others on
here discover/visa have gotten $$$ back right away by just walking the cc rep thru the above alpha antics..but amex has a dispute method with their
merchants and quite frankly imho alpha is gaming the system by waiting till the last day or so to reply..thus stalling imho till they go belly up

believe me the amex folks know all about the above and they are being played....but again it is all in amex camp.....I doubt any redress will come from alpha-t

so it goes hope you are right however and the regular amex reps and me are wrong..but again I give my self best odd only 1/10 chance to get any $$$ back.

by the by I even told AMEX that I would eat the 70 british pound fine/fee on the refund as they had in their TOS for the time alpha spends on this stuff
I thought that was only fair to take some of the lumps on this..but again ignored in the reply just a paid receipt sent and until I told amex it was only for
30% down...amex was clueless on that point...so again amex is p/o'd but if alpha is dead in the water going bankrupt may be a lost cause already

Searing

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
If KNC Titan batch1 pre-orders are going for ~ USD5200 now on Ebay (originally USD10000), how much is a Viper going to be worth when Alpha-T finally (if ever) deliver ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Titan-300MH-scrypt-asic-miner-rig-pre-order-not-Alpha-Zeus-no-reserve-/301251631029
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Searing et al using amex can you please just answer one question: why isn't refund being offered to you on the basis of Insurance? (or is it that Insurance is not automatically provided to customers in the US by default?)

I'm not talking about amex standard refund policy, I am talking about stuff like:

If you pay with amex for your travel ticket, then you get travel insurance for free automatically.
If you pay with amex for an item and it is stolen within 3 month then you get reimbursed
etc.

this is usually associated with the gold/platinum cards...
copper member
Clueless!
Fiaz Malik « Reply #34 on: Today at 11:18:49 AM »

"Apologies first of all when I said it should be released I genuinely expected it to however these updates sometimes incur a few days delay as information has to be relayed through multiple parties but it will certainly be any day now I assure you."

Jeez... 21 century and they sending messenger from India on the horse. And he has to visit so many castles along the road. Pick up a phone and make a call you dumbass... Ahh, no sorry... my bad.  I have forgotten, they don't have a phone.  Grin

I guess they have ordered the vipers on the Melanesia islands, you know, where "Cargo Cult" was developed. Alpha-T got the best offer from them. Who could blame them? When the ship came in May they got a letter that the tape out has begun. Everything was on track for delivery on July. Beginning of July they got the transport with vipers. Stuffed snakes bounded by 50 and 250 pieces with tape.  Grin

even at the best case scenario ....say they just got tape out and they have some stuff ready case/etc wise....at best and I mean the very very best...luck of the level
of having Kate Upton as a girlfriend lucky...they still imho (in this fantasy) could not get a scrypt miner to the public till the middle of September 2014 at BEST and that is
if everything from this point on works right ...chips are up to spec...and the dominoes all fall their way....and man am I being stupidly generous with this fantasy to the
point I'm having trouble not seeing flying unicorns just typing this.....

that is 2 months late or more....KNC Titan units will be out before then imho....so anyway it is better then getting NO equipment...but if that is the most optimistic I can
force myself to see....(and I mean forced......Mary Poppins is alive in the other room forced.....) well......dim hopes indeed....does not apply to me ...I plan on never
sending them that last 70%....can't get the unicorn faith that far up to speed don't ya know...to those of you that have paid in full...I hope the above is correct for
your sake thou...good luck!

Searing
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Fiaz Malik « Reply #34 on: Today at 11:18:49 AM »

"Apologies first of all when I said it should be released I genuinely expected it to however these updates sometimes incur a few days delay as information has to be relayed through multiple parties but it will certainly be any day now I assure you."

Jeez... 21 century and they are sending messenger from India on the horse. And he has to visit so many castles along the road. Pick up a phone and make a call you dumbass... Ahh, no sorry... my bad.  I have forgotten, they don't have a phone.  Grin

I guess they have ordered the vipers on the Melanesia islands, you know, where "Cargo Cult" was developed. Alpha-T got the best offer from them. They went fot it. Who could blame them? When the ship came in May they got a letter that the tape out has begun. Everything was on track for delivery in July. Beginning of July they got the transport with vipers. Stuffed snakes bounded together by 50 and 250 pieces with a tape.  And we are bitching about a f.... update - highly inappropriate.
copper member
Clueless!
@Searing: From my experience with Amex, if you actually keep pushing, they might just end up eating the cost.  The one (maybe the only) great thing about American Express, is they will really go the extra mile for their clients.

Is there a reason you aren't taking this to court?

The posts of the alpha forum today have been priceless.  The shill accounts are becoming so impressively blatant....

The few real customer accounts left must belong to completely gullible idiots that actually believe the community is responsible for Alpha-T not providing updates...

I'll go the consumer protection route (links on this thread) court etc etc but basically I expect alpha to file for bankruptcy protection in the next month or so
it is unlikely there is anything to get (you saw their office pics..I suppose I could ask dibs on the couch Smiley )

but because I'm mining legal in usa (i know dumb..but have reasons due to bank wire xfers error had to show legit biz even thou banks fault on messed up 8 or
so wire xfer cancellations they pointed out as mine...fixed it but still had to file for that reason)

anyway...I can at least depreciate over time (say 4-5yts) any loss and/or depreciation of equip so I will get likely 25% back of my approx 686 usd to alpha
for my 1/3 of down payment on a vyper 50mh...so...hey with the wire xfer fee and etc probably I will end up stuck at worse with $450 loss in real $$$
not being able to apply that amount to taxes as a loss etc

so anyway could be worse almost got the what is it now 90mh unit? ....so anyway....amex will do what amex can I have that much faith in them
.they seem to be going the extra mile but as soon as alpha says 'bankrupt' then it is probably between me and alpha ...maybe I can get a 'couch button" from
 a cushion as my pay out?

it is what it is....but yeah should probably do the consumer protection link stuff .....

catch is if they would have been up front fessed up they were in trouble made a valid attempt been honorable abou this whole thing ..I'd probably have
let it slide to apply to their "next product" ie they coulda imho had an option to get the funds they need to get the boxes out by allowing folks to apply
the 30% to next product...thus ensuring funds for this product...sure a gamble ..but again intent means a lot to me...if they would have been honest
and gave us an option to help I probably would have just ate the 685 for the fact they gave it a good shot and put it to experience

but sudden banning we are the problem cause we don't want vaporware and the other parts of this clusterf**K etc ..well no oppurtunity to work with
them to get around what was likely a cash flow problem..ie they could not pay for the chips in full .thus stuck

who knows but yeah should probably look at them links in the thread for EU consumer protection and UK consumer protection stuff

Searing
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@Searing: From my experience with Amex, if you actually keep pushing, they might just end up eating the cost.  The one (maybe the only) great thing about American Express, is they will really go the extra mile for their clients.

Is there a reason you aren't taking this to court?

The posts of the alpha forum today have been priceless.  The shill accounts are becoming so impressively blatant....

The few real customer accounts left must belong to completely gullible idiots that actually believe the community is responsible for Alpha-T not providing updates...
copper member
Clueless!
One helluva a good summary Searing.  Unfortunately I was one of the really stupid smuchks that paid entirely for my order with bitcoin so I'm likely screwed but wish you the best of luck getting back what you can.  

*Wasn't aware of the part that they where accountants BTW.  Adding accountants to my list of not to trust professions Smiley

If nothing else I have amex all wired up ..they are very very miffed at thru paypal and cc allowing 30% down and then the merchant being able to
cancel paypal and thus the cc protection goes poof ...very p/o'd at the idea that only way I can get my 30% back is to pay the remaining 70%
balance WITHOUT any protection via wire xfer or bank xfer..

that is a 'loophole' that may be plugged pretty fast in the merchant TOS..then they talked amex into closing my first dispute in 44 days by
sending amex a bill that I paid..neglecting to say it was the 30% down payment and the above for my refund...so when I pointed that out to
amex ..they went even further into orbit

have been talking to amex reps that are really really 'amex reps' ie corp honchos....they are not pleased in the least

you can see from amex's point of view it is them by association via paypal vouching for stuff with their amex credit card and then finding out
it is a 'vaporware' scam ..even if alpha ment to ship us something ..this loophole sure seems to fire up the amex people I've talked to

anyway I lose $$$...amex is losing big $$$ trying to figure out how to plug this hole in its future TOS for merchants I think as a result
but from amex's point of view and they have stated...with a 'normal corp/business' I should have been protected..but a business that
is supposedly 'legit' collecting 30% down then canceling paypal and cc options etc and telling the customers who paid under paypal
and cc that only way to get the 30% back is to send them 70% with no cc protection or paypal option via wire xfer or bank xfer so
essentially a 'corporation' going to 'straight cash' in midstream is as far as I can tell outside of amex's expediences up to this point...
thus amex at last I talked to them being essentially 'flumoxed' at this point on how to get $$$ back to me...

yeah...if I was amex i'd be p/o'd too....well hell if nothing else I showed amex a hole to plug in their merchant TOS etc

always there to help a corporation to save $$$ (sigh) but to be fair have gotten more help/support from amex then I have any
right to expect under the circumstances...they simply are at a loss imho on how to get $$$ back with a supposed legal
corporation that now refuses out of the blue to take paypal cc and only takes wire xfer cash...so alpha as far as I can tell
has managed to 'flumox' amex up to this point

anyway I suppose there is a 1/10 chance of amex somehow getting $$$ back ...but it does not look likely ..unless amex
eats the cash at their end ..which I doubt..if it gets to that point I'm sure they will tell me to go after them in bankruptcy
as my only option

again hope I am wrong and alpha comes/thru refunds or amex figures something out

but I think my odds are somewhat better in getting/winning a 'date' with Kate Upton.....slim to none odds on either imho

Searing

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
One helluva a good summary Searing.  Unfortunately I was one of the really stupid smuchks that paid entirely for my order with bitcoin so I'm likely screwed but wish you the best of luck getting back what you can. 

*Wasn't aware of the part that they where accountants BTW.  Adding accountants to my list of not to trust professions Smiley
copper member
Clueless!
Saving it before fiaz deletes it.  We need to start archiving these.

Tell me about it ...the most telling way I was banned was about the time when DEXEL removed alpha from their page etc

also deafening silence...end of June I think it was ..like after their 6/20 update I think...anyway....

posted on here I was concerned because no prototype...no chip no news on tapeout...and the usual stuff here again back then we were just 'asking'
were not if I remember correctly 'over the top' as we are now when things are obviously going down hill

so essentially I was spot on with the questions....unsure of the answers then..but 'spooked' them by being (with others then)
spot on in my ramblings of what is really going on...again on this forum..

by the by I know of nothing I posted on the alpha forums to get banned back then....so they were and maybe still are banning people
on the alpha forums on what you post here

It was after the ban on the forums I went off and told everyone I was punting and sicking amex on them...but that was after the fact
when I was already banned (if I remember correctly)

the only real ..in my view ..it is likely to be a scam is the turning on cc for a week or so to suck up the last 70% of cc cash and then turning
off the cc faucet before amex and others could process refunds via the same method.....because it was thru their bank they had the power
to turn it on/off at their discretion....and they will honor refunds for those (or did when the bank was taking cc orders) of refunds of these
folks that either buying new or catching up with last 70% of refunds AT THAT BRIEF interval of time via cc thinking their cc protection would save them
so bank figures they just changed their mind....slick trick....has amex scratching head on how to get $$ back to me

anyway as stated by others here ..they have lawyered up and are going to declare bankruptcy imho ...what is being done this month
is all that they can do to protect their personal assets and let the alpha-t corp take the fall in bankruptcy (they are accountants by the by)

thus the change of the TOS and the (in the future they can say) bad lawyer advice on such...deleting of posts on alpha forum and here
so they can say it was just stupid incompetence on their part not a scam...so that the alpha t corp can take the fall and none of their
personal assets etc can be touched....ie the walk shiny new and clean after the corporation fails...if they can say they were incompetant
which looking at their track record should not be hard to prove....if the business fails for being stupid they should be protected imho
by bankruptcy laws and walk...sad to say that is how it works all the time in the USA...

they are covering their butts big time for an announcement of such imho...the 'angst' they show against all of us ...is too deep
for it to be anything else imho...they are bailing off the alpha-t corp ship as fast as possible

and as an update amex is still after them for a refund..so we will see (not hopeful) a modern corporation who can't get cc
access to pay for a product ..that shoulda been our first clue to bail probably months ago..but again the amex reps said
the same to me...you paid via paypal with cc protection you should have been protected (at least from amex's view) but
if the corp only takes bitcoin or cash (which is unheard of as far as amex is concerned if you are legit) not much they
probably can do to get my $$ back ...so me down 1/3 on a vyper 50mh coulda been worse...

Searing

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
Well that is indeed a novel approach, attack while they are fast asleep. No doubt Fiaz Malik is fast asleep deep in dream about what to do with all the filthy lucre. What a lovely surprise he will have on the morrow when he awakens, and what a miserable night of not sleeping the next night, and the next and the one after that and after that.......
Activity: 714

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime.

True. But making false promises that you can't deliver on in a timely manner is essentially fraud. Although things can go wrong during development of a product if you do not communicate those details effectively to your customers you are in essence hanging yourself with the rope you were given to build a bridge.

Refunds are a fundamental part of the customer/merchant relationship especially when it involves great distances between the two and the transaction happened online.

Just because AT says "our ToS disallows refunds after a certain point" but doesn't deliver on the product ordered in a timely manner doesn't justify that claim and make it legally factual.

My new asic company will deliver 100GHs script miners for $2300.00 by August 31st guaranteed.  If I fail to deliver by August 31st or the miners do not hash at 100GHs or better then you get $300 of your money back.  I also offer full refunds. 

You can trust me because it is in my ToS.  Also my ToS is subject to change.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Yes, I'm a paying customer.  I was banned from forums I *PAID FOR* for stating that the 50/250 for the price we already paid isn't competitive... Not even close.  Zoomhash has products arriving in as little as *TWO* business days from order that is the is half the price per Mh.  I wasn't offensive, I didn't list zoomhash by name.  I didn't demand.  I simply stated if Alpha wants to sell a second batch, the first batch customer need to be happy.  To be happy they must get something that is competitive to the market as it is today.  [If the things even ship this week... Which I highly doubt]
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime.

True. But making false promises that you can't deliver on in a timely manner is essentially fraud. Although things can go wrong during development of a product if you do not communicate those details effectively to your customers you are in essence hanging yourself with the rope you were given to build a bridge.

Refunds are a fundamental part of the customer/merchant relationship especially when it involves great distances between the two and the transaction happened online.

Just because AT says "our ToS disallows refunds after a certain point" but doesn't deliver on the product ordered in a timely manner doesn't justify that claim and make it legally factual.
Saving it before fiaz deletes it.  We need to start archiving these.

http://imgur.com/xEQaXnt

And guess what... it was deleted. Fiaz just can't post an update because he is to busy with deleting posts on their own forum. Someone still believes this jerk?
They were both deleted. I think we'll have a couple of new additions to our growing band soon.

Considering how old some of the threads are over there along with the posts that have been deleted, it doesn't seam like the Alpha Tech forums are a collection of civil people.  It looks more like a ghost town.  Anyone and everyone that is vocal has been eliminated and are over here posting.

HOw long before Fiaz and crew start installing sock puppet accounts to make it seem like everything is fine and dandy over there and there are customers that support Alpah Tech's decisions to not meet competition and delay shipping.  I see some people actually posting that kind of drivel over here as well as on Alpha Tech.

Well only 5 days left before the vipers start shipping right?

maybe Alpah Techs chips will wash up on a beach somewhere.  One can hope....

legendary
ex uno plures
Tomorrow

Soon

Any day now

Sometime soon

Sometime

Not never

I forgot what I wanted to tell you now … oh yeah ...

Let me introduce you to the new customer relations manager

New guy: thank you so much Fiaz and  good luck with your new job

New guy: Don't hold me to anything Fiaz said. He was unreliable.

Update ?

What update ?

legendary
ex uno plures
Fiaz double speak: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=813.25 Will Alpha inform customers if things go wrong)

Sorry the update will be released any day now. I originally said it should be tomorrow so it's not to say because it wasn't it wont be announced ever.

and, in a lame attempt to get people to look on the bright side of things ...

I haven't been saying there will be an update any day now for months…

So basically, just because he hasn't published the update yet doesn't mean he won't ever do it … so what's the problem ?

And if that doesn't make you happy, keep in mind that it has been months since Fiaz promised an update any day now … (so you guys should be happy you at least got a promise of an update)

ANYBODY FEELING HAPPY YET ?

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

And guess what... it was deleted. Fiaz just can't post an update because he is to busy with deleting posts on their own forum. Someone still believes this jerk?
They were both deleted. I think we'll have a couple of new additions to our growing band soon.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Jump to: