Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 151. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3

01/11/2013 Update:

1. Completing the design and prototyping of our ASIC chips has been our priority thus far, we will showcase this in an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks

Its kinda hard to verify Alpha-T original claimed shipping dates because Alpha-T has removed many of their original statements from the forums and their company officers are avoiding answering customer questions.

They still haven't removed this one.  But screenshot it because they may delete it soon.  So yeah bumface they always projected 7/15 so they are in breach of their contract.

NOtice the time between System Assembly and System Integration testings.  They anticipate it will take a whole month to do assembly.  If that is still the case and if by a miracle they receive chips tomorrow it will still take then 1 month to start shipping.  So the earliest anyone will get a viper is August 20th.  That will well past their new worst case scenario of July 31st.  So more smoke up the arse from Fiaz about a July 31st ship date.  They only have 11 days to receive chips and announce that they did to even have a change of shipping in Q3.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Add another paying customer banned from their forums...  I made the mistake of asking some hard (but polite, I might add) questions, only to get my account and IP banned - good times.

Around 6 weeks ago, Payments@Alpha-T agreed to downgrade my 250MH device deposit to a 50MH full payment, plus £250.01 refund.

On 2014-06-04 13:24, [email protected] wrote:
Hello there,
Your unit has been downgraded and your previous balance taken into
account so your order is now fully paid. We now owe you £250.01.
Please provide your bank details so we can transfer the remainder back
to you.
Regards
Alpha-T

I provided them with the information required to make a SWIFT transfer to my bank account. 
I certainly haven't received a penny from them yet - but no shock there.

Welcome to the club, soon there will be more banned customers from the forum than there are those that are not :p
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Add another paying customer banned from their forums...  I made the mistake of asking some hard (but polite, I might add) questions, only to get my account and IP banned - good times.

Around 6 weeks ago, Payments@Alpha-T agreed to downgrade my 250MH device deposit to a 50MH full payment, plus £250.01 refund.

Hello there,
to you.
Regards
Alpha-T

I provided them with the information required to make a SWIFT transfer to my bank account. 
Another one bites the dust. Welcome to the naughty step brother Grin

I read your posts on the Alpha site. I thought you were very reasonable, but that's more than enough to get you banned by Alpha these days.

Good luck with that refund
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Hello there,
to you.
Regards
Alpha-T

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I don't know where some of you are getting the end of Q3 delivery date from.

They always boasted July 15th as their worst case scenario.

Update from 16/01:

Greetings Miners!

On Monday (13/01/2014) we released an outline of our set roadmap, today as promised we will be releasing a timeline with dates on each aspect of the development process. This shows our commitment to transparency and gives a better idea on what exact stage we are on at all times. As we go through multiple developmental stages in parallel, we will be releasing regular detailed updates on our progress. Our next updates will be consistent developmental updates on what is being worked on and what has been achieved.

Timeline:

Project Start: 16/08/13

Project Finish: 15/07/14

Task Name
Duration   Start   Finish
    Viper ASIC Miner Project
238 days   Tue 16/08/13   Tue 15/07/14
Scrypt Core and Chip Architecture
15 days   Mon 06/01/14   Fri 24/01/14
System Architecture
5 days   Mon 06/01/14   Fri 10/01/14
FPGA Implementation and Testing
131 days   Tue 16/08/13   Fri 14/02/14
ASIC Development
85 days   Mon 20/01/14   Fri 16/05/14
Viper Miner Board Design
95 days   Mon 13/01/14   Fri 23/05/14
Viper Miner Firmware Development & Testing
118 days   Wed 01/01/14   Fri 13/06/14
Mechanical, Thermal & Misc
69 days   Mon 13/01/14   Thu 17/04/14
System Assembly & Testing
2 days   Mon 16/06/14   Tue 17/06/14
System Integration & Testing
20 days   Wed 18/06/14   Tue 15/07/14
User Manual
12 days   Fri 18/04/14   Mon 05/05/14

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
For those of us that are banned can you paste the post here.

Re: On credit card processing and a personal note...

« Reply #24 on: Today at 09:35:34 AM »
Wow, I first read everything twice to understand it. So it is so that the credit card processor is actually currently unavailable. If I understand it correctly, I can now pay by bank transfer and BitPay? Or I wait until just before the end and then be able to pay with credit card again, but then I have the disadvantage that I later get my Miner?

You guys are all on a razor blade on the go. I wanted to wait for my part, as the first few days to develop with the credit card itself. Of course, this news my socks off skin. I'm going to use BitPay to pay. But, I'm honest. The 30% are painful. I did not just invest a small sum in your company. But the remaining 70% will do really hurt me and I promise you that I invest the same amount again to pull you accountable, no matter how, no matter where, no matter when!
I guarantee you that some customers on ways and means, one will find you, and hold accountable if you cheat us.

My promise to Alpha Technology:

1 I will pay my Miner in the next 5 days

2 For a rip off I'll spend the same amount to find you

3 If you can deliver up to 31.07.2014;-), I'll say you need a consulting company, then you can no longer help

3 If you can deliver up to 31/08/2014, I will say, hey, because amateurs were at work, but they managed it, but you need a better marketing

As for your marketing, your Startegie and your communication ye were way out in front. I was impressed by so much openness and transparency on my part. You should have the new benchmark in the mining industry can be. You've reduced your good market value to a minimum. Who do you think is investing again in your company if you so bypasses connected with your customers. NONE!

We would have made ​​you into multi-millionaires if you had stayed on your path. It is, as always, one builds shit, it is difficult to stand it, but this is the only and right way. Had Alpha account early enough that you need more time, we would have given you Zeiot.

We're not little kids anymore that you can hold out, we are all, some more, some less, businessmen who want to make a fast buck.

Stand up like men and shows that you have eggs.

reposted under the Doctrine of Fair Use

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
A reasonable request to Alpha-T from Kölsche Jung on the AT forum today: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0 )

For those of us that are banned can you paste the post here.
legendary
ex uno plures
Blast from the past ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=245.0 - Matching Competition )

« on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Hey folks!

We would like to assure you we are very aware of our competitors hash rates and pricing and intend to match them, we started development in May 2013 and are on schedule to ship in July giving us the clear lead. During development we decided to make our units larger and upgradable so we could accommodate increased hash rates with ease, we gave ourselves this leeway for a variety of reasons. And the announcement of Scrypt miners from competitors was of course one such reason that we anticipated and planned for. A full announcement with details on our new batch 1 hash rates will be released very soon!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:41:37 PM by Fiaz Malik »

Well Fiaz, the VaultBreaker is going to be 750mhs, MoonAsics is pushing 960mhs (scam ?), KNC will probably try to slap the GAW CEO down and put him in his place after his cheeky challenge ( https://hashtrader.com/t/my-knc-commitment/3222 ), so what is Alpha-T going to ship and when are they going to ship it ?

Just curious ...
legendary
ex uno plures
A reasonable request to Alpha-T from Kölsche Jung on the AT forum today: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0 )

legendary
ex uno plures
U N B E L I E V A B L E  !
News from the front......

Re: Are you going to make worst case scenario date?

Quote from: MrAngel on Today at 12:30:06 PM

Dear Alpha-T,

The level of faith I have in a happy ending is declining by the day and I was hoping you could give us a exclusion on an absolute final date of shipping or any form of update? As you may realize, the costs we made are not the kind of figures you just find on the corner of the street like a dime or whatever.

Please reply with usefull information,

Kind regards,

Mr. Angel
Fiaz Malik
Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:32:54 PM »

We hope to but in honest can't yet give you a date and will update you soon.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:39:46 PM by Fiaz Malik »

So they "HOPE" to ship in July but with 8 working days left, they still can't give you a date.  Roll Eyes

There's that "soon" word again. Bearing in mind they said this on 22nd May:
"We’re happy to inform you that development is finalizing and we are on track for shipment in July. We will soon receive our chips at which time we will have finished up on development and can begin assembling the devices.

Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s)"

Soon could be upwards of 2 months.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
you dont know me,and you know nothing about what kind of person i am. You should not judge people.

i do want my asic, and i do want to see a prototype.they missed their estimated date, that does not make it a criminal enterprise.you guys are dillusional.It might be a scam but as i have said many times now, its to early to make that claim.people are reporting them left and right to various agency and thats simply wrong...that doctor guy is right, the people who are getting refunds are the ones breaking the agreement , not alpha.

if me being reasonable offends you and is making you want to insult me on a personal level that is your problem not mine.

behaving like a ranting medieval pitchfork mob is not helping anybody, if your gonna look under every pebble for dirt, your gonna find dirt everywhere...

If there is a problem they should communicate it to us, and not simply delete accounts, that is fuel to the fire.its as simple as that

Look. I'm going to write this in caps as you clearly have trouble comprehending what is being said. ALPHA'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ILLEGAL. ALPHA HAVE STOLEN REFUNDS. ALPHA HAVE LIED TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. ALPHA HAVE MISSED DEADLINES.

Do you understand this??? Asking for a refund and receiving it is THE LAW IN THE UK, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ALPHA SAY. So yes, they should be reported to agencies as they are acting like CRIMINALS.

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW.

Is any of this getting through to you??

You are not being reasonable you are being ignorant. These FACTS have been pointed out many times and you have chosen to ignore them. If you want to overlook them and continue to bury your head in the sand that is up to you but everyone else is entitled to their RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW. If you choose to waive those rights, so be it, but don't come back here crying when the shit hits the fan.

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.because then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.

they had other options..they could have been up front they had problems..they could have allowed us to xfer the 30% down payment to future equip ..if they are simply gonna be late and or have a cash flow problem...they could have been up front..it is intent man...if they showed some balls and were just late no problem ..I would have stuck with my order ...intent means a lot to me...changing the TOS banning me and other folks....not getting cc option in place WHEN their last spring.. credit was good....dumping paypal and no refund on the 30% cc ordered at that time and insisting that we pay the last 70% w/o any cc or paypal protection.then stalling a payment plan and info for 5 months and saying no refunds now
then starting cc up again ...then closing cc when likely they got some more cash flow and before cc companies could shut them down again
..it looks like the 30% was just a way to get $$ w/o any risk of paying it back if equip did not work out for alpha no frigging phone number on their web site.....promises of July 15 to July 30th not met..that does not even bother me..but NO INFO ON why? no prototype sitting their waiting to install the chips..no pics of the plant...deafening silence...

so even giving you the point that they are 'trying' to get something out (which I am finding doubtful) it will have nothing to do with us asking for or trying to getting refunds.it is they don't
know how to treat customers and run a business..it is amateur hour...and they panic'd and made the whole situation worse imho with their actions the last 3 months...
I mean trying to delete posts off the forum and the Internet ...changing TOS we are all a 'business' because we ordered from them so no refund on 30% etc

best case scenario they were clueless fools and shot themselves in the foot...and are likely to go bankrupt w/o our asking for 'refunds' having anything to do with this
.....asking for a refund is the normal response looking at all the above...not doing so imho is as stupid as alpha seems to be on how to run a business

Searing

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.becasue then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.
NO, ALPHA WILL BE TO BLAME. If you can't see that, there is little else left to say to you.

Thanks for proving my assessment of you correct though. All you care about is you and your asic. You're not really bothered about who Alpha has to rip off for you to get it. Just because you were stupid enough to pay the full amount, up front, using an irreversible transaction method, without seeing a prototype, or doing the most cursory due diligence, don't blame smarter people for your misfortune if they choose not to be as foolhardy.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
you dont know me,and you know nothing about what kind of person i am. You should not judge people.

i do want my asic, and i do want to see a prototype.they missed their estimated date, that does not make it a criminal enterprise.you guys are dillusional.It might be a scam but as i have said many times now, its to early to make that claim.people are reporting them left and right to various agency and thats simply wrong...that doctor guy is right, the people who are getting refunds are the ones breaking the agreement , not alpha.

if me being reasonable offends you and is making you want to insult me on a personal level that is your problem not mine.

behaving like a ranting medieval pitchfork mob is not helping anybody, if your gonna look under every pebble for dirt, your gonna find dirt everywhere...

If there is a problem they should communicate it to us, and not simply delete accounts, that is fuel to the fire.its as simple as that

Look. I'm going to write this in caps as you clearly have trouble comprehending what is being said. ALPHA'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ILLEGAL. ALPHA HAVE STOLEN REFUNDS. ALPHA HAVE LIED TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. ALPHA HAVE MISSED DEADLINES.

Do you understand this??? Asking for a refund and receiving it is THE LAW IN THE UK, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ALPHA SAY. So yes, they should be reported to agencies as they are acting like CRIMINALS.

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW.

Is any of this getting through to you??

You are not being reasonable you are being ignorant. These FACTS have been pointed out many times and you have chosen to ignore them. If you want to overlook them and continue to bury your head in the sand that is up to you but everyone else is entitled to their RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW. If you choose to waive those rights, so be it, but don't come back here crying when the shit hits the fan.

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.becasue then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

01/11/2013 Update:

1. Completing the design and prototyping of our ASIC chips has been our priority thus far, we will showcase this in an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks

Its kinda hard to verify Alpha-T original claimed shipping dates because Alpha-T has removed many of their original statements from the forums and their company officers are avoiding answering customer questions.

yeah (see thread) we got that....

on a side note told amex that alpha no longer has phone number on web page....also I'm banned from forums.....also they had cc thru bank (so they could control turning it on and off) and when they turned it on...they took new order $$$ and when (i imagine when they got a lot of folk to pay the 70% thinking they had cc protection) all that $$$ they then turned it off and anyone WHO JUST RECENTLY purchased a alpha unit ...they CAN get their $$$ back...but no one that ordered under Amex last Jan till this point in time that Alpha turned the cc back..on....amex lady...almost ...it was very very close..almost...(so close) swore but caught herself...

if nothing else got amex all wired up....(unsure if they can do anything or not)..there setup is to await the merchant reply which can take up to 45 days...

Amex did ask alpha for money back alpha sent amex a form saying I paid...but did not specify that this was only 30% not a full payment on an item...that further has
pissed off amex....now we wait another 44 days for amex tor reply...with something else made up I'd imagine

Asked this other amex rep if I shoulda just paid via the cc and amex when they offered it briefly last week (asked another one she said no) this one was also firm on NO.
So another Amex rep has told me that as an amex customer I should NOT purchase a product from alpha an amex merchant .the last 70% ..so the cc company is telling
me not to get amex from their merchant ...bizzario...

I find it interesting..if this all works out in alpha's favor at least with Amex they may have found a way to sell vaporware...take paypal with cc get rid of paypal with cc
string everyone along past the 5 month mark.so no refund..then ask for $$ not with paypal or amex protection but 'wire xfer' or bank xfer...people balk at such promise cc ..use cc
for a week just long enough to sucker some folk to pay last 70%...and new orders..pull that (using your bank as a front who likely thinks they are on the up and up
and are giving refunds from that week and alpha simply told they bank they changed their minds) slick trick.......then when Amex calls for $$$ you on the 44th day or so (can't remember)
you send a statement saying he has paid and equip is coming neglecting to state on the bill that it is only 30% down....Amex closes dispute..I call Amex...repeat
all the info with yet more stuff (me getting banned no phone number etc) and we wait (likely 45 days for alpha to reply)

all very zen like in its 'evilness' ...well if nothing else it is fun to get the dispute dept at Amex fired up ...but of the 667 (with my loss/equip deduction taxes I can take
for a few years to get some back) I'm likely out $450...probably a wise lesson .....I feel really sorry for the folks that are 20k down or some such

But in hindsight you paid in Jan with Paypal and  cc me with Amex..I called amex asked about this stuff and got assurances..but it seems that even Amex may be befuddled
on what exactly to do with these clowns....as well.....

well anyway ...watch how it goes I guess it is like a slow motion train wreck

Searing

Activity: 266
the problem is not that we are on Q2 and they always say Q2/Q3 in contract

the problem is that 4 weeks ago til now we know NOTHING about development progress

they told us to deliver end of july... so to deliver they must have CASES

any picture? IS SO FCKNG HARD MAKE A PHOTO WITH YOUR FCKNG SMARTPHONE Huh?? Smiley
its hard if u have no case at all

if AT are a serious company, why don't tell customers real problems?
they prefer being acused of scammers?

at this moment, i know my order is "lost" because Im not paying 70% until seeing a prototype...

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW. Capiche?

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
you guys are tripping, the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3, that means there is still 2 months and 11 days left.

stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled  sweet 16 teenager who says i hate you to theiur parents becasue they got a black ferrari and they wanted red....

the more trolls you have to deal with in email and on forums, the less time you have for buisness operations, and i speak from experience.

so stop this negative nancy bullshit and give them a chance to produce our asics

you cant know if its a scam until q3 is over, and they give no form of explanation and disapear forever. THEN you can say scam....

if you order a television on the internet, and the company say : we will deliver it between 12 o clock in the afternoon and 3.you dont call the police at 1 o clock.

i mean seriously.....

i would love to see a prototype, but one does not simply order 1 chip.....you get nothing or you get them all. this is not like ordering a damn washing machine.

some of these trolls could not even ship on time if they started a damn birdhouse factory

if something went wrong, then they should tell us, and banning people on their forim does not help their reputation, but that doesnt mean there is no product.stop making conclusions in your brain and projecting them onto them

Do you Know something we don't Bumface? Because I seem to remember you coming to this thread crying and whining like a baby, scared you were going to lose your money. Demanding to see a prototype and updates. Now suddenly you're "leave them alone you trolls" What has changed?

Personally I think I have your number and Edgar seems to have it too. You're the kind of person that doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself. As long as YOU get your asic everyone else can go f**k themselves right?
It doesn't seem to matter to you that other people feel they have been let down by Alpha and want their money back. Judging from the way Edgar speaks of you that seems to be par for the course.

You seem to be forgetting that Alpha have been promising from pretty much the start that they were shipping in July. That is clearly not going to happen. They have already breached their T&Cs by not providing an EXACT shipping date and have 11 days (8 working days) to ship before they breach the 8-10 week final payment deadline. They have illegally STOLEN customer refunds, their timelime is out of the window, they have not provided a significant update for over 2 months and have now lost the ability to process credit cards.

If you're happy with all that and are willing to wait until 31 Sept 2014 for your asic by all means go ahead STFU and wait. But don't come here screaming and belittling those that are not. You'll get very short shrift. If you want to hold hands and sing Kum ba yah go to the Alpha forums. We'll be here when you're back in a few weeks, crying and asking us to help you get your money back.

legendary
ex uno plures

01/11/2013 Update:

you guys are tripping, the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3, that means there is still 2 months and 11 days left.

stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled  sweet 16 teenager who says i hate you to theiur parents becasue they got a black ferrari and they wanted red....

the more trolls you have to deal with in email and on forums, the less time you have for buisness operations, and i speak from experience.

so stop this negative nancy bullshit and give them a chance to produce our asics

you cant know if its a scam until q3 is over, and they give no form of explanation and disapear forever. THEN you can say scam....

if you order a television on the internet, and the company say : we will deliver it between 12 o clock in the afternoon and 3.you dont call the police at 1 o clock.

i mean seriously.....

i would love to see a prototype, but one does not simply order 1 chip.....you get nothing or you get them all. this is not like ordering a damn washing machine.

some of these trolls could not even ship on time if they started a damn birdhouse factory

if something went wrong, then they should tell us, and banning people on their forim does not help their reputation, but that doesnt mean there is no product.stop making conclusions in your brain and projecting them onto them

Do you Know something we don't Bumface? Because I seem to remember you coming to this thread crying and whining like a baby, scared you were going to lose your money. Demanding to see a prototype and updates. Now suddenly you're "leave them alone you trolls" What has changed?

Personally I think I have your number and Edgar seems to have it too. You're the kind of person that doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself. As long as YOU get your asic everyone else can go f**k themselves right?
It doesn't seem to matter to you that other people feel they have been let down by Alpha and want their money back. Judging from the way Edgar speaks of you that seems to be par for the course.

You seem to be forgetting that Alpha have been promising from pretty much the start that they were shipping in July. That is clearly not going to happen. They have already breached their T&Cs by not providing an EXACT shipping date and have 11 days (8 working days) to ship before they breach the 8-10 week final payment deadline. They have illegally STOLEN customer refunds, their timelime is out of the window, they have not provided a significant update for over 2 months and have now lost the ability to process credit cards.

If you're happy with all that and are willing to wait until 31 Sept 2014 for your asic by all means go ahead STFU and wait. But don't come here screaming and belittling those that are not. You'll get very short shrift. If you want to hold hands and sing Kum ba yah go to the Alpha forums. We'll be here when you're back in a few weeks, crying and asking us to help you get your money back.
Jump to: