Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 155. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I know reddit was sworn off by them but what about this place, did they swear off BTC talk too?  I'm one of those that put down a deposit but when I requested a refund was told I was too late and to pay or piss off.  They spent literally 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me to piss off which is totally bothersome to me. 

Whose competing for the "new bfl" title here?  Black Arrow or Alpha-T?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
T&C for orders placed after the 1st of July 2014.

"We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014."

So by the 1st of July they don't know when they will be able to dispatch and give pretty wide time frame. They also use magical word HOPE as the wide time frame alone would not be enough. This is more than confirmation that we can forget about 31 of July scenario - the date, we have last time heard about when they were asking for final payments.

"We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence."

So the deal is literally: give us your money and we are not responsible for anything, even if we f...up badly. By the way - the T&C concerns only you - our customer. Ciao! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
got a question guys, who here lives near their GODDAM SHACK and would kindly on behalf of all of us give them a visit? and possibly even talk with them?

Grin

I think somebody already tried that without much luck. Check back through the posts here.

Personally, I'm waiting to hear Alpha-T announce that their VP of ASIC Development Eric Gunn ( or whoever it is now ) has left the company and as a consequence they will experience development and shipping delays.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Alpha-T made a lot of lofty promises. They were more than willing to make these promises early on, and your money. As time went on, the promises became thinner on the ground, and now at best vague posts about "soon" this, and "soon" that.

Does that fill you with confidence?

Deleting any critical posts on their forum, some from very concerned buyers, then banning them. Is that the behaviour of a reputable company?

Constantly changing their T&Cs, refusing refunds, and claiming to have a legal team, which I highly doubt.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
This is a sad story but if you read the forums you will have seen it before.

Starts like this.

New amazing product, not cheap but super powerful and great value for money.
 Design on CAD but no prototype or working model
 Claims that this is due to bleeding edge technology.
 Never made a product before.
 Asks you to prepay an order.

Result....

They are "late but on track" then
 Emotional blah blah blah
Claim that people are mean
Refuse refunds
Delete data from there site promising anything

Then
If you pre-buy now (after bad press) you will get twice what we offered.

Finally ... Broken shitty version of what they promised arrives months too late or not at all to a few people or none.
Company goes "bankrupt" and no assets can be claimed by anyone.. You loose, no sorry

Conclusion ?
If it doesn't exist now, it probably never will.
If your not a partner and investor with a vested stake in profits, don't pre-order.
In other words, if t sounds too good to be true........

I hope its not the case here but it happened to me and many others like me.
legendary
ex uno plures
When I try to objectively read through all the comments here from people who seem like they are Alpha-T customers, I see a repeating pattern … good people having a hard time coming to terms with the idea that there are people in this world who will blatantly lie to you and manipulate you for profit. Acknowledging that there are people in this world who want to take what you have and will use any means possible to succeed is hard for good people. Acknowledging that not all people are good is hard for good people.

These kind of people not only take your money, they also take your faith in the goodness of human nature.

I am not going to say that Alpha-T have been lying to their customers, or scamming their customers, or anything else negative about Alpha-T because I don't know that to be true and there is always the chance, however slim, that they are just poor at communication or bad at execution or any number of other possible reasons for not having a prototype to show 2 days after their stated project end.

But when I see that carrot (increase in power, promises that the project is doing well and is on time, improved chip performance numbers, etc) dangling in the air all the way to the end (credit card payment facilities finally up, 2 week to pay or else) I am left with the feeling that something is going on here that isn't right.

And somebody with the authority to investigate the facts needs to start investigating ASAP.
Activity: 96
Merit: 17
The lack of any sort of prototype demo is scary.  Beyond that, AT doesn't seem to focus much on keeping the customers happy, what with their banning of customers posting anything negative.  How long until they announce that their production has completely failed?
Activity: 210
i really dont know what to do anymore. if you believe this fud, trying to get a refund would be the best. but i want that asic Sad

i dont think its a scam, i think there was an issue with a supplyer and they are not telling it, offcourse this is speculation

Surely, if it was just a supplier issue, they must MUST have a at least 1 working prototype fro mthe very first batch of tested chips (how did they get the new speed numbers?)... we're not asking for all the machines to be shown at once, but surely, they must have a working machine that they can at least film working and take apart on camera for us to at least see that their chips even EXIST.

When you don't even have that... then of course people think scam. Though even scamming requires some degree of intelligence, alpha-t just entered a domain where they know absolutely nothing expecting to make millions. Now all they are trying to do is unfuck everything, but it might be too late.

at this point i want to see something, anything....

let one of those guys in india make a movie with his phone of the motherboards or something.thats simple 1 email away

Pretty sure Dexcel have removed all sign of Alpha from their website though, sure someone mentioned this a while back.
Would be nice to see a working machine or at least some of the parts for it with less than 2 weeks to go before it should be in your hands.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i really dont know what to do anymore. if you believe this fud, trying to get a refund would be the best. but i want that asic Sad

i dont think its a scam, i think there was an issue with a supplyer and they are not telling it, offcourse this is speculation

Surely, if it was just a supplier issue, they must MUST have a at least 1 working prototype fro mthe very first batch of tested chips (how did they get the new speed numbers?)... we're not asking for all the machines to be shown at once, but surely, they must have a working machine that they can at least film working and take apart on camera for us to at least see that their chips even EXIST.

When you don't even have that... then of course people think scam. Though even scamming requires some degree of intelligence, alpha-t just entered a domain where they know absolutely nothing expecting to make millions. Now all they are trying to do is unfuck everything, but it might be too late.

at this point i want to see something, anything....

let one of those guys in india make a movie with his phone of the motherboards or something.thats simple 1 email away
Activity: 75

Activity: 107
Anyone with the belief that these guys will a) ship anything that works and b) before the titans have shipped is now sadly deluded!

Would have been better off putting your money on a the outcome of the Germany / Brazil game.

For all their rotten underhanded childlike behaviour, I hope this outfit goes under, and the Mohammed brothers lose everything. If they had kept to their open and transparent promise they would not be in this situation now. Instead they are left with a client base which no longer believes anything they say, which in business is fatal.

These guys tried to play big business, they now just look like big buffoons.

Anyone who gives these people any more cash deserves everything they get.

Get out and don't look back.

They can ban me all they like, I still lurk around their forums, not that there is much to see. They must expend all their energies on the forums banning people than doing anything useful  - like delivering a product.

Why Fiaz as their PR consultant /marketing guru has still got a job, lord only ones. You aren't worth a wage as far as I can make out. Unemployable in my book - massive fail. In my organisation you'd be referred to as a fcuktard!!!

legendary
ex uno plures
 "the project comes to an end …"

From a post on the Alpha-T forum ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=764.0 ) with a recap on some of the promises Alpha-T has made in the past:

The project comes to an end.....

« on: July 13, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »
Good Afternoon Alpha-T

The past 7 months have been an emotional rollacoster,  the majority of us customers have been very patient and understanding. We have gratefully received all of your updates, pictures and performance increases but we are now on the doorstep of the project end date and us customers are knocking the door for the final update. I know you do not give limited updates but it is fair to say "I think it is time, given the date"

Over time you have made the following statments in your communication with us. I would like to know if these statments still stand ?? And if you can break traditional update history and please provide us with an exceptional amount of information. For some of us we need to prepare prior to delivery date for a number of reasons. Being that you have clearly stated throughout the project "we are on schedule" I would of expected something if not everything by this weekend.

At the very least can you please clarify an explanation on the following points as it has been 3 weeks since your last update....!!!

● Our updates will be very regular, at the least weekly and we will show customers every aspect of design and production that is happening.  

● Timeline
Project Start: 16/08/13
Project Finish: 15/07/14        

● The next batch will be significantly more powerful and please be assured this will not be released until a healthy amount of time after batch 1 has shipped, at least until batch 1 devices are no longer profitable; this is a promise you can hold us to.

● We intend to complete production as fast as possible and will continue to keep you informed every step of the way so stay tuned!

● We are still fully confident the Vipers will make ROI but we also want to make sure our batch 1 customers are getting the best value for their money

● We are happy to tell you production is going as hoped and reiterate our commitment to making up for any external factors that may affect the profitability of batch 1 devices

● A Do it Yourself ( DIY) guide will be released post shipment

● Customers who in the meanwhile cannot, or do not wish to, pay with Payza can simply wait. This will not affect your client status, nor your place in the order queue/shipment priority.    

● More specific details along with product and hashing images/videos will be provided as the chips start coming in and the product develops into the final unit.

● A full guide will be released before shipment regarding how to use the miner both with the WebGUI as well as without it, including using it standalone with ethernet, controlling, monitoring information, cgminer etc. We will not leave you out in the cold without any guides !!!

We know Alpha-T are fully aware we are due an update and if would be delivered if you could but whatever you are waiting for, I feel you are doing more harm then good by holding back information.  

I wish everyone all the best and good luck....... Grin
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
This whole game is changing so fast … what is hot today is cold tomorrow. For example, these guys (scam ?) are talking about
960mhs @ 152 watts for < $7500   ….  August delivery … https://www.moonasics.com

Buyer beware … BTC only ...

C'mon we have to keep at least a shadow of the common sense. The guys above are a joke.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool the logo https://www.moonasics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/s51-100x100.png
En thank you wordpresse en his one millione template, a scammer can make now the beatifulst design ever lol
legendary
ex uno plures
This whole game is changing so fast … what is hot today is cold tomorrow. For example, these guys (scam ?) are talking about
960mhs @ 152 watts for < $7500   ….  August delivery … https://www.moonasics.com

C'mon we have to keep at least a shadow of the common sense. The guys above are a joke.

I am afraid to say that the joke is on all the people wondering if/when their underpowered, overpriced late pre-orders are going to ship.
Activity: 84
960mhs @ 152 watts for < $7500   ….  August delivery … https://www.moonasics.com

legendary
ex uno plures
Activity: 210
Looks like all the old announcements on the Alpha-T forum have been deleted …

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?board=38.0

Do you  (or is there anyway of seeing ) have any cached pages now that they have been removed?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Cleanup... aisles 1-20.
legendary
ex uno plures
Looks like all the old announcements on the Alpha-T forum have been deleted …

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?board=38.0
legendary
ex uno plures
Jump to: