Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 154. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Their credit processing system has been revoked apparently? Well that bodes well.

Fiaz is supposed to be customer relations right? He should be an administrator of the forum as well, he should simply be a staff member. Of course that's just a side note at this point.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver.

That's a good one! Soon™
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Have sent a formal complaint to the Citizens Advice Bureau and sent all documents I have to them and my CC company, let's see where this goes shall we?
Activity: 532
This is what Fiaz posted today: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=788.msg5170#new

Re: Where is our update?

Quote from: Nexus on Today at 12:40:46 AM
this is seriously getting annoying. Where is our update?

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:33:46 PM »
We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.

This company is so incompetent they can't even promise an update let alone a shipping date. Yet people are actually giving these idiots money???

I think they're in trouble, and for whatever reason are unable to produce the units.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
This is what Fiaz posted today: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=788.msg5170#new

Re: Where is our update?

Quote from: Nexus on Today at 12:40:46 AM
this is seriously getting annoying. Where is our update?

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:33:46 PM »
We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.

This company is so incompetent they can't even promise an update let alone a shipping date. Yet people are actually giving these idiots money???
"We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:39:04 PM by Fiaz Malik »"

So they still don't know a thing. Not about the product but even about the possibility of an update. This is 14 days before their "worst scenario" dispatch date.

"Re: Creditcard payment fail?

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:25:53 PM »
It is currently disabled, we apologize for any inconvenience and will try to fix it as soon as possible."

CC processor is off, clock is ticking.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
STOP TO BUY PRE ORDER PLEASE  Roll Eyes
All this compagnys are big scammers.
The only thing you can trust is trading witch bitcoin, i have started on novemver 2013 witch 5000 € en now mi 5000 € are 27 000 €, fuck mining compagnis.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
I ordered the 250Mh/s Viper at the beginning of January. I paid by wire transfer. My order status never changed from "Hold".
I never received answers by email until now, where they ask for proof of the wire, claiming they did not get it. This is ridiculous since I put the order number and date into the wire reference field.
So now I sent them the wire transfer confirmation and they don't reply again. With the order status on "Hold" I am not even able to make any further payment, because I don't get to see an invoice when I log on to their site.

you should go to the bank and reverse the wire xfer using their email as an example they did not get it
then imho run for the hills with the cash

Searing

Just logged in to their website, to see what deadline they give now for final payment. There is no deadline stated, but what I do see is that it is still NOT POSSIBLE to pay by creditcard.

So, I don't know whether they just added 'fake' creditcard payments? Or actually never added it at all.

I know amex is still investigating them...perhaps they contacted alpha's bank...I told them they only started taking cc again the day I called
this after my 30% refund was ..now that it was 5 months past I could not get refunded..and viola cc is again offered

I asked if I should pay the full amount and then ask for a 100% amex refund in that the product was not shipped yet...as a reply I had an amex rep
tell me they could not recommend me paying for an amex product (the last 70%) from an amex merchant (alpha) from me an amex customer...we both laughed
at that right after she said it..you don't hear that from a cc rep very often I bet...also alpha could kill this bank related cc account anytime.....or at least the bank (alpha) in that because
it was thru the bank and not amex nor paypal say directly...they could simply stop cc payments at any time by canceling such with their bank

Thru the current setup...if cc companies start to ask for $$$ back or so the rep continued to say..ie get all the $$$ they could on rest of orders..then cancellations are tried
thru cc company pull the tap so the cc companies can't get the $$$ back..should people try reversals..slick scam

amex rep was not pleased at this 30% vaporware as she put it on non delivery of a product games etc..really did not like the 'we are a business we
don't have to refund from alpha." ....and again (this time I asked) she did have web access and looked at the TOS on the site....again at least I am
making amex reps annoyed at alpha on a regular basis ..hopefully the amex dispute dept feels the same..

Anyway amex  may have contacted the bank and used the links of the TOS I sent them and got them cut off again?
or more cc money was  trying to flow out via the cc option on the 30% refunds then was flowing in..thus alpha canned cc option promptly
hope it is a cancellation of cc option cause they have been found out to be slimy.. ...would serve them right
I sure hope this is the case maybe we would get some real info on what is going on vs just shut up and pay from alpha

WTF I have no idea ..it is like a 'sped up' timewise of the BFL scam.....same noises different product..and it is customer's responsibility on all $$$ loss
on their failed timeline/product/etc...sh*t they have no chips no timeline no prototype and the chip mnfg they use to make them has been in the past
(TMC the big one I think it is called) has for the most part (at least with bfl) been very very late

does not look good for those who have paid in full or even us partial payment guys/gals

Searing
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
When I try to objectively read through all the comments here from people who seem like they are Alpha-T customers, I see a repeating pattern … good people having a hard time coming to terms with the idea that there are people in this world who will blatantly lie to you and manipulate you for profit. Acknowledging that there are people in this world who want to take what you have and will use any means possible to succeed is hard for good people. Acknowledging that not all people are good is hard for good people.

These kind of people not only take your money, they also take your faith in the goodness of human nature.

I am not going to say that Alpha-T have been lying to their customers, or scamming their customers, or anything else negative about Alpha-T because I don't know that to be true and there is always the chance, however slim, that they are just poor at communication or bad at execution or any number of other possible reasons for not having a prototype to show 2 days after their stated project end.

But when I see that carrot (increase in power, promises that the project is doing well and is on time, improved chip performance numbers, etc) dangling in the air all the way to the end (credit card payment facilities finally up, 2 week to pay or else) I am left with the feeling that something is going on here that isn't right.

And somebody with the authority to investigate the facts needs to start investigating ASAP.

Good Post!!

it does hurt us good guys when we're surrounded by the absolute scum of the earth.

its the lies more than anything, smiling and promising it all - knowing full well that its all BS & they not only think we're stupid but go all out to make us think we are stupid too...

the doubting your sanity kind of abuse...

the really sad part is that some of the guys here have brought it upon themselves, more talk and less thinking etc.

like that guy who wont stop repeating himself...

and that other guy who mocks others and fails to see the irony when he himself gets bitten..

and the various scams that they involve themselves in/around
Just logged in to their website, to see what deadline they give now for final payment. There is no deadline stated, but what I do see is that it is still NOT POSSIBLE to pay by creditcard.

So, I don't know whether they just added 'fake' creditcard payments? Or actually never added it at all.

Well, we can not exclude the possibility that some of the "happy" customers on their forum are Fiaz et consortes actually. They spend much more time deleting the posts and supervising the forum than on actual product development.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I ordered the 250Mh/s Viper at the beginning of January. I paid by wire transfer. My order status never changed from "Hold".
I never received answers by email until now, where they ask for proof of the wire, claiming they did not get it. This is ridiculous since I put the order number and date into the wire reference field.
So now I sent them the wire transfer confirmation and they don't reply again. With the order status on "Hold" I am not even able to make any further payment, because I don't get to see an invoice when I log on to their site.
I think the quickest way to the bottom of this is to go after the people that have the most to lose; Dexcel Electronics Design. They have been touted as partners in all of this, their name has been traded on to secure orders. They did have an official announcement of their partnership on their corporate site. They are therefore part and parcel of this regardless of the status today.

Dexcel has nothing to do with the chip production. They don't have Alpha's chips on stock nor in production. They have only designed the chips. Global Foundries is suppose to produce the chips.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Anyone with the belief that these guys will a) ship anything that works and b) before the titans have shipped is now sadly deluded!

The catch is I have a Titan coming but would have stuck to my agreement with them if they would have at LEAST tried to keep us informed...aware of the
difficulties they had....and acted like adults....then in hindsight with not everything going there way only screw the customers...INTENT on their part would have
been a consideration and I would have stuck to the agreement even if they would have not shipped in the july 15th to aug 1st deadline

which probably would have meant I would not have made ROI on the unit anyway on when the Titans will 'likely' ship on august etc

Intent means a great deal to me...a lot of my stuff with ISP's equip etc back in the day was done on a handshake...but these guys with the twisting
of the TOS and other games etc and let the customer take all the risk...well ...I bailed if after equip depreciation /or loss or whatever it is called
on the 667 if even after tax relief from that I lost say $450 bucks so be it ..no prototype no info....no class........ alpha shows no hope of me shooting
another 1,700 usd their way...I'll take my chances with amex and/or eat the loss (life lessons suck)

and hey the Titan 1st order I get the rumor is it will likely come as 350mh rather then 300mh so hell would have made real sense for me to bail
even under circumstances where alpha treated us like adults and kept us informed and no games.....I would have paid the $1700 and said
what they heck they fought the good fight and would have at least had some confidence on perhaps the 2nd batch units etc

But this kinda my way /highway/ban crap etc etc ..well they can eat my shorts....I will do just fine....but they could have 'played' these
situations in a different manner

this may be naive but a simple 'we can't make our deadline but for those putting 30% down on the units we take responsibility for our missed
deadlines and unless we want to bankrupt the company due to this delay ...we can't give refunds...however we will allow your to take
your 30% down payment and apply it to future 'discounted' in price units (due to delays)  as we get the units out or apply it with the 10% perk
and other first batch perks we promised for our 2nd batch units..we hope you will reconsider and understand our position on no refunds due
to these dire circumstances....

now what would not be ideal but depending on how they treated us like adults etc and they too took some responsibility etc I would then say
hey I signed the TOS I'll take my hit too....but not enough faith in themselves/the company/the product the customers to keep us informed
in an adult manner ...and give us choices...which may have been painful  for both us and alpha but at least some options with us involved
could have in my view been addressed/considered

instead amateur hour

So yeah even if my fantasy above or something like it was true...and I still shoulda/coulda bailed now because I have a Titan on order
likely arriving in time enough to mess up my alpha vyper's ROI  even if they were shipping on time.

But...I would have been responsible and ate the loss if any. if again they had treated us like adults and the INTENT was true even if the effort failed.

But if they don't want to take responsibility for their lack of a prototype...TOS changes....delays/ deadlines missed...they can rant all they want
it is not the customers fault for the pre-order 30% down mess and they say 'we want to keep all your $$$ on such with no risk
...all of this is on their heads...there was/is a way to work thru this and help the customers and or keep them under situations like this ...
they chose not to even give such options a chance....even under their likely current limitations given their likely cash flow problems

again the above i mention is just a 'speculative fantasy in a perfect world on my part' on how something like that could work?
...but they never even tried something like that straight to stick it to the consumer on their mistakes...bend everything to their
way....let consumer hold the bag on all the risk.

anyway my 2c on all this ...at least in re-reading the above it is a hell of alot more clear why I got banned from alpha forums...
sensible solutions also is risky...from alpha's point of view it is a lot less risky to just take the $$ they can and run....'hoping' they don't go bankrupt.

frigging sad

Searing

Activity: 64
Sorry to disappoint your enthusiasm but Dexel design might have installed an email filter, anything related to this goes immediately to their junk.

Like you said, solicitor's letter would be required but a solicitor will never send a letter to them, your relationship is with AT. You can in a long shot hold Dexcel Designs jointly liable with AT but that needs too much work and no need to go there unless the money is in Dexel's pockets and no where else.

Let's stay focused on the real criminal.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
I think the quickest way to the bottom of this is to go after the people that have the most to lose; Dexcel Electronics Design. They have been touted as partners in all of this, their name has been traded on to secure orders. They did have an official announcement of their partnership on their corporate site. They are therefore part and parcel of this regardless of the status today.

A formal solicitor's letter sent via registered mail to them at their HQ will answer everything in a heartbeat. Yes, we are making the chips, no our relationship ended two months ago. You can be rest assured that they do not wish to be part of a highly publicized lawsuit involving deadbeat partners they were once signed with. Bad reputation in the highly volatile ASIC design market can kill a company overnight.

Full and complete details of all their branches and main offices

http://dexceldesigns.com/contact_us.html

If someone is in India or even Singapore a quiet visit to their offices and a quiet sit down with anyone in charge, they will find out what is truly going on. Even if there is an NDA in place a carefully crafted series of questions about all of this can secure the desired results. This best left up to a solicitor's letter or phone call.

Activity: 64
Ok guys here we go I spoke with the CC company and they said What? you are going to provide Them with your credit card information? Don't do it. The CC company was very happy that the 30% was done via PayPal because in this case the CC details are hidden from Shit Technology, but if now they have the credit card details themselves then better cancel this card immediately.
Activity: 714

Here is how it will probably work.  

Worst Case scenario (most likely at this point.)
  • 1 week ultimatum to make a final payment
  • if they do not get enough funds, they will offer up a second ultimatum for final payment, they really mean it this time.
  • Big discounts on remaining batch 1 units.  All those cancelled orders, and orders that are not completed.
  • 3 weeks from now, they go bankrupt because they do not have the funds to get ships and assemble units.

Best Case scenario (rainbow farting unicorns)
  • They get the funds to complete Drexel payment in 1 week
  • 2 weeks from now they get delivery of the chips.  It is August 1st at this point
  • At the same time get get cases and boards
  • They hand assemble everything because they cannot afford a factory to build the units.  Yes a bunch of accountants will be working day and night putting chips on boards and putting them in cases and shipping them out.
  • 5 unskilled laborers adding chips to PCBs.  They will be lucky to get 10 vipers done a day.
  • August 15th - 70 vipers shipped
  • August 25th - 70 vipers shipped, first 70 vipers stuck in customs
  • Sept 5th - second batch of vipers stuck in customs, first 70 vipers released from customs.
  • Sept 15th - first 70 vipers delivered. second 70 vipers released from customs.
  • Sept 25th - first customers complain about overheating, hardware nounce errors, poor hashrates, immediately get banned from AT forums.
  • Oct 5th - Fiaz stops assembling duties and focuses 24 hours a day on banning disgruntled customers and deleting posts.  Fiaz says that they only guaranteed 5MHs minimum and that the recent upgrades were best case scenario hashrates.
  • Oct 15th - Fiaz changes terms and conditions hardware warranty to 10 days limited.

I like how Alpha Technology is taking the high road scenario.  LOL.  This is going to end badly.  Oh very badly....

At least they gave a 2 week ultimatum and not one week.  THeir hearts are not that cold.  Or are they just greedy.
Activity: 714
T&C for orders placed after the 1st of July 2014.

"We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014."

So by the 1st of July they don't know when they will be able to dispatch and give pretty wide time frame. They also use magical word HOPE as the wide time frame alone would not be enough. This is more than confirmation that we can forget about 31 of July scenario - the date, we have last time heard about when they were asking for final payments.

"We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence."

So the deal is literally: give us your money and we are not responsible for anything, even if we f...up badly. By the way - the T&C concerns only you - our customer. Ciao! Smiley

These accountants are poor at math, I don't know how apt they are to even run a business.  orders placed after July1st <-- first month in the 3rd quarter, we hope shipping will start in the second or...Huh?  How the hell can they even post that as a term.  Why even bother putting second quarter in there.  Just leave the damn 2Q off already.  People already know you failed to get it out in the 2nd Quarter.  They will be lucky if the get their vipers in the 3rd quarter since you hope to get it out then.  So Oct 1st we will be here still waiting on Vipers..
Activity: 96
Merit: 17
So are these guys traceable? Like how sure are we that Fiaz is ACTUALLY FIAZ and not some russian mobster sitting on the beach in Hawaii laughing at all these idiots falling into his scam hole?  Huh Huh Huh

Possibly, and I hope they do!  I feel bad for all the preorders.  Many people warned of this, and it's easy to say "told ya so", but ultimately the real idiots are the perpetrators, they should be brought to justice!  That is, if this does turn out the way it looks to be turning out (i.e. scamsville, or at best major-delaysville).
Jump to: