Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 152. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
you guys are tripping, the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3, that means there is still 2 months and 11 days left.

stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled  sweet 16 teenager who says i hate you to theiur parents becasue they got a black ferrari and they wanted red....

the more trolls you have to deal with in email and on forums, the less time you have for buisness operations, and i speak from experience.

so stop this negative nancy bullshit and give them a chance to produce our asics

you cant know if its a scam until q3 is over, and they give no form of explanation and disapear forever. THEN you can say scam....

if you order a television on the internet, and the company say : we will deliver it between 12 o clock in the afternoon and 3.you dont call the police at 1 o clock.

i mean seriously.....

i would love to see a prototype, but one does not simply order 1 chip.....you get nothing or you get them all. this is not like ordering a damn washing machine.

some of these trolls could not even ship on time if they started a damn birdhouse factory

if something went wrong, then they should tell us, and banning people on their forim does not help their reputation, but that doesnt mean there is no product.stop making conclusions in your brain and projecting them onto them
Someone should call Scotland Yard and tell them to check into Alpha to make sure that they are not funding terrorism. Watch them sweat then.

that`s very rasist...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Can you post their full quote please, some of us are banned from the official forum even though we are customers.
Shambolic behaviour from a company vying for millions of pounds worth of business.

June 11, 2014

Hi,

Dexcel Designs have no direct relationship to our customers, we have a business to business arrangement with them and we have mutually agreed it makes sense to delete mention of their name. Their premises is not a shop that you can just stroll in and whilst they have been very courteous (https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=121.0) at a certain point the barrage of emails and calls they get is unacceptable to them. They are not contractually obliged to deal with this and it is only adding to their workload (they work with many companies on a range of projects and the cryptocurrency community have not given them the best impression) and frankly with some of the racist/angry/abusive language testing their patience so with their work with us coming to an end (we have different plans for batch 2 but more on that after batch 1 ships) this only made sense; there isn't much more mention of their name can do at this point.

Regards,

Mubasher Akram

Thanks for the update. Does this have any impact whatsoever on what is currently being developed for batch 1?

It does not, batch 1 is still on track for shipment 'sometime' in July.

Mubasher Akram

I'm sure by now you have some more of an idea around what 'sometime' means. Can you elaborate?

Anywhere from the 15th (best case) to the last week (worst case).

Fiaz
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Nice thing about ASICs development. Very accessible to everyone.

http://lannierose.com/asicbasics.pdf

Interesting that Alpha decided to skip the verifying prototypes part which is an integral stage of ASIC production in every foundry. Interesting that they have paid 20% more (as they stated) to have all the chips produced fast and in full volume. It would be very, very risky.

Speculation alert.
Alpha stated that they reached tape-out 13.05.2014 so 4 to 8 weeks later they had some first chips already. Exactly after that time Dexcel removed Alpha from their news page. Would it be possible that Dexcel messed the chips badly and put Alpha in a very difficult situation? Alpha did not want to pay for the bad chips design, Dexcel blamed Alpha for skipping the prototype stage. Alpha had to pay (to the foundry) for the 1st batch of bad chips and now they are to short to pay for the second chip iteration. If there are no chips it is hard to blame Alpha that they still have not finished the PCBs or other components. That would be a potential waste of resources at current stage. Some chips issues can be fixed by patch, work around or software alteration. So it is recommended to get the chips first.
Considering the proper time lines, if Alpha managed to fund the second chips interation of course, they should have new chips prototypes any day now. If all goes well with PCB and other components, they should be able to assembly the working unit end of Q3.

BTW. Here is the "official" Alpha information that they will not co-operate with Dexcel by 2nd batch. There had to be some issues with Dexcel, otherwise such a declaration would be premature. Also the information that they will ship Vipers last week of July as the worst scenario.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.0

"[...]their [Dexcel] work with us coming to an end (we have different plans for batch 2 but more on that after batch 1 ships) this only made sense; there isn't much more mention of their name can do at this point."
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
By the way... did Alpha ever get that phone fixed?

Yes. They fixed it away from their web page.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Someone should call Scotland Yard and tell them to check into Alpha to make sure that they are not funding terrorism. Watch them sweat then.
Activity: 616
And he is actually right, all these people shouting stuff is turning credit card processors away.its a circle.....

they have always said Q3 and anybody thathas fingers can see that that is between juli august september, that has not passed.

but the truth is nobody can know if its a scam until 1 oktober

You make no sense. So 2 October comes, no gear, and then they're a scam? If someone said that, you would be quick to tell them that maybe they're late for XYZ reason. Stop kicking the puck down the road. Scam is determined by means other than a shipping date.

I'm as objective as it comes on this matter, but you can't deny the obvious. The community isn't to blame for the processors (otherwise, how are other companies doing it without issue?). It's the black marks they have on their commercial credit history, as well as the chargebacks which are coupled with proof in favor of the consumer complaints. Think about it, most CC systems don't want to process a chargeback, but if they find evidence of wrongdoing they will. Publicly, what has Alpha Done since around March, for transparency?

Nothing! They were showing us PCB designs, and then just stopped and started inflating emails with 'soon this, soon that'. It's been nothing but smoke, mirrors and empty words since. They lost their commercial phone, they've been acting against customer support openly on forums (a big smirch when companies research this stuff), etc. I mean, we could go on, but it's not the community, it's how THEY handled the situation. Instead of managing the situation, all they've done for months is damage control and a tactical retreat.

Think back to those emails, they mocked up PCB's super quick, and then we never heard about them ever again. The last email I recall is them talking about the LCD board design and how they had received it and were going to test it right away. Never heard anything since. They then stopped providing updates on hardware, and shifted to 'soon' mode.

Not to mention anyone with their email updates knows they never planned to ship in Q3. bumface, not sure where you've gotten that, but I've been around since day 0, and they always promised July as their drop-dead worst-case-scenario date. It's even in their email blasts pre-april. As per one of their opening statements, their chip design was completed in AUGUST 2013. What's taken them so long? They said end of Q2 for shipment in a worst case scenario. If Fiaz's messages to my inbox are still there, so are the promises of shipment. I'm not saying they started out as a scam, but this has gone downhill fast, and nowhere (until this week) do you see them talking about Q3 for shipping.

Now, as predicted, they have lost their credit processing capabilities. This leaves a majority of orders dead in the water, which they will then open up to new customers to purchase with bitcoin. They will manage to get those sales too, once they have physical product. That's if they ride this out long enough.

Like I said, I'm open and objective, but you can't ignore this many red flags. And blaming the community for their lack of business acumen? Talk about a cheap shot. It doesn't get much lower than that.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Again.. where do we go from here?

Scrap'

If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer. Therefore under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you are entitled to cancel at any time before shipping or up until 7 days after receipt of the item, for a full refund without penalty including all deposits. I would also point out their T&Cs at the time of purchase stated this (original T&Cs):

"Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date. The exact shipment date shall be notified on our website"

The EXACT shipping date has not been notified on their website so they are currently in breach of contract. They are in the ninth week since they asked for payments (22nd May). If they do not ship by the 31st of July they will again be in breach of contract. Both these violations render the entire contract null and void and you expect a full refund.

I would also state that you will be issuing proceedings with the UK small claims court and passing all the relevant data on to the  Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards if you have not received a satisfactory response and restitution within 7 days.

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK address. Fortunately you can use a service address. More information about money claim can be found here:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/problems-with-small-claims.htm

Small claims can be heard in absence and the fees are very reasonable and can be found here:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf

A small claim may be the fastest way of getting your money if you do not have CC protection. Most are not disputed so the awards are given fairly quickly.

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You can take these steps even if you are not a UK or EU citizen, as Alpha being a UK company are bound by UK Consumer law.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Scrap'

Well, if some want to band together to take legal action, I'd recommend first start communicating thru a mailing list.  Although Fiaz and the gang can't ban or remove comments on this board (other than their own), they do monitor it (they're not really all that busy, so they have the time to do so).  Report them to the various bureaus and agencies that have any jurisdiction, and then talk to a lawyer.  If you aren't in the UK... maybe have a skype session or something.

Activity: 686

Scrap'
By the way... did Alpha ever get that phone fixed?
@anderl dont pretend that he said all those things, he didnt. you have your angry glasses on, and your projecting
Errrrm...........I think you'll find the bold writing in the quotes are anderl's comments on the Doctor's post. He's not claiming the Doctor said them
Note to "The Doctor"

I didn't initiate my charge back because of what someone said on this forum or any other forum... nor did I get cold feet.
I got a charge back by watching how Alpha was treating its customers.  Customers were being banned, posts deleted, and the only updates was Fiaz saying 'Sooooooon'.

Well....   'Sooooooon' is not transparency, nor is it an update.  It was becoming obvious that Alpha has something to hide.  

Let me repeat that for you....   It is obvious that Alpha has something to hide.

I just didn't want to risk $20K trying to buy equipment from a company that operated without complete honesty.  

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand that.
@anderl dont pretend that he said all those things, he didnt. you have your angry glasses on, and your projecting
^^
I'd say that summed up that post up perfectly.

It's interesting to note that not one "Official" person from Alpha has said ANYTHING about the loss of CC processing. I suppose that's par for the course, its not like Fiaz or Mohammad Akram had respect for their customers before this. Why show them any respect now? Instead they just send out "The Doctor" to give his "personal opinion". Considering he is just a freelance contractor and currently in the Netherlands (Zierikzee according to his twitter feed), his opinion is about as worthless as a chocolate teapot. I'd also be willing to bet his knowledge of the finances and development progress of Alpha are just as worthless.

Activity: 714
Jump to: