Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 16. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Still haven't been seeing any stories of people being refunded final payments, which had to be made in Bitcoin. Has anyone had a significant win, in terms of final payment? Alpha still seems to be getting away with not refunding final payments.

I paid the whole enchilada in bitcoins. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a refund even for deposits when paid in bitcoin. Even with the decreased in value I'd gladly accept a refund in btc 1-to-1 what I paid.

the only way to do this would be to sue them and get a judgement.

people are winning and getting paid, although every day that goes by makes it more likely they'll either run out of assets to pay or just close up.

I know the guy at fightalpha.net has been telling people this for nearly a year, as have I.  Do not wait, time is limited on these issues.  The only way to get the money back is to act.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Who realties came to return the money that had been paid through Bitpay?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Still haven't been seeing any stories of people being refunded final payments, which had to be made in Bitcoin. Has anyone had a significant win, in terms of final payment? Alpha still seems to be getting away with not refunding final payments.

I paid the whole enchilada in bitcoins. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a refund even for deposits when paid in bitcoin. Even with the decreased in value I'd gladly accept a refund in btc 1-to-1 what I paid.
Activity: 205
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
EXCELLENT NEWS if you paid with PayPal and have a CCJ already, you can get your money by writing into PayPal’s legal team directly. See more info here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=155.0
Thanks for posting the update over here. I have not read about it yet. Honestly I already though I lost my funds invested in Alpha Technology; as we simply did not heard anything (or just rubbish) from them.

Let's see how this works out. I don't expect too much of it. But we'll see, everything that makes our loss less, is well appreciated.

sue them.  likely makes your loss 0.

they've been losing, likely because the shit they tried to pull in denying refunds is not legal under UK consumer law.

people have been winning in court and getting judgements paid.

see here:  fightalpha.net

there is a lot more in this thread also.....
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Thanks for posting the update over here. I have not read about it yet. Honestly I already though I lost my funds invested in Alpha Technology; as we simply did not heard anything (or just rubbish) from them.

Let's see how this works out. I don't expect too much of it. But we'll see, everything that makes our loss less, is well appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1946
After seeing how this turned out so far, I'm extremely happy that I've managed to sell my order last year. Shame the bitcoins I got for it are not worth what I paid for the miner though Wink
LOL...man, this guy is a piece of work. He doesn't think he should be required to refund anyone's money, even though they're delivering a year later than promised and the hardware they're delivering is less powerful and efficient than advertised. No, Mohammed...when you advertise a device at 50MH/s, that doesn't mean "after overclocking" unless you SPECIFICALLY define that in the advertising, which you didn't do. People were expecting a 50MH/s device that they could THEN overlock, potentially.

It blows my mind how sleazy this guy and his operation are.

I see your point but nah. If I'm correct they advertised a 5 Mh/s machine. Plus if you want to take legal action, you'd have to convince a judge that pre-ordering a machine that only existed in concept and getting something X times faster (and, absolutely, very late) is a breach of contract.

In the UK you have a right to a full refund any time up to 7 days after deliver.  That right is absolute.

These guys tried to fight it, but have been getting their asses handed to them in court to this point.

I can't figure how anyone could not be demanding their $$$$ back as per consumer law.  I pulled mine back almost a year ago now and it would seem there is still the option to file if people haven't already done so.
legendary
Activity: 938
LOL...man, this guy is a piece of work. He doesn't think he should be required to refund anyone's money, even though they're delivering a year later than promised and the hardware they're delivering is less powerful and efficient than advertised. No, Mohammed...when you advertise a device at 50MH/s, that doesn't mean "after overclocking" unless you SPECIFICALLY define that in the advertising, which you didn't do. People were expecting a 50MH/s device that they could THEN overlock, potentially.

I see your point but nah. If I'm correct they advertised a 5 Mh/s machine. Plus if you want to take legal action, you'd have to convince a judge that pre-ordering a machine that only existed in concept and getting something X times faster (and, absolutely, very late) is a breach of contract.

We would like to once again thank you all for your patience during this final period. Be assured we are near shipment with just a few more steps to finish. We wanted to give you a quick but significant update on the progress of the miners; we have completed our prototype of the smaller device. It is important to note it natively hashes at 1Mh/s per chip with 3 cards and will overall hash at 35/36Mh/s. However, the software will allow you to over-clock it so you will be able to bring it to 50Mh/s immediately (as shown in the video). We are now just finishing work on the larger device and once it is done we will do some quick work on efficiency increases, and then we will be ready for mass manufacturing with shipment directly after. We anticipate shipment will be no later than July though we cannot promise a date yet and will update you as soon as we have that information. For now you may view a video demonstration of the 50Mh/s device and our software:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Efyf7ZTfHfY19ZQjdSc0Zvem8/view?pli=1
Best Regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

So its actually a 35mh/s miner that you can overclock to 50mh/s  Roll Eyes. On the plus side they may meet their July shipping date. Just a year later than promised.

These guys have got some brass balls.

80% less efficient and 43% less powerful than promised and only a year late. What'll they think of next? Perhaps they can demand triple payment?
Activity: 433
We would like to once again thank you all for your patience during this final period. Be assured we are near shipment with just a few more steps to finish. We wanted to give you a quick but significant update on the progress of the miners; we have completed our prototype of the smaller device. It is important to note it natively hashes at 1Mh/s per chip with 3 cards and will overall hash at 35/36Mh/s. However, the software will allow you to over-clock it so you will be able to bring it to 50Mh/s immediately (as shown in the video). We are now just finishing work on the larger device and once it is done we will do some quick work on efficiency increases, and then we will be ready for mass manufacturing with shipment directly after. We anticipate shipment will be no later than July though we cannot promise a date yet and will update you as soon as we have that information. For now you may view a video demonstration of the 50Mh/s device and our software:
Best Regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

So its actually a 35mh/s miner that you can overclock to 50mh/s  Roll Eyes. On the plus side they may meet their July shipping date. Just a year later than promised.

These guys have got some brass balls.
legendary
Best Regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

In the email! With a video. That I'm now going to check.

Would be nice to have it mine for a day on a pool with visible stats. Like Clevermining or so. So people can really see it "running".
That's the current plan. Who says they're not going to do a fivefold in hashingcapacity just before they're ready for shipping?

LOL...the chips are the chips. They consume the power they consume. MOST people are not going to have the available power for an increase in hashrate. In fact, the larger Viper won't even be able to run in most American homes, I think. Not without a mess of extension cords.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
UK Silicon Valley

Cheesy
legendary
So in basic terms they started redesigning the main part of the miners again Wink

...and decreased efficiency by 80%. Can't wait!!

That's the current plan. Who says they're not going to do a fivefold in hashingcapacity just before they're ready for shipping?
So in basic terms they started redesigning the main part of the miners again Wink

...and decreased efficiency by 80%. Can't wait!!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
I wonder is the Project Manager for this gigantic project?
And by the way...this month last year, they were taking "final payments" because shipment would be happening within 8-10 weeks. Good times, good times.
Pages:
Jump to: