Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 14. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Yeah, the big problem is that there's no such thing as a class action in the UK, apparently. That's what would really suit a situation like this best. The only thing they can do is the winding up petition, shut the company down, sell assets and distribute them to the parties involved in the petition. That would be satisfying, inasmuch as it damages Akram's business history and disables his ability to scam anyone else through Alpha Technology, but I don't think it'd bear much financial fruit, at this point. Plus, you can't include legal costs in a settlement amount...which also sucks.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
My problem is, I really don't think this company HAS any money left to squeeze out of them...and I doubt very much whether they have any hard assets to liquidate, either. Their hardware doesn't even work and their chip isn't even power-efficient enough to resell to other manufacturers, in light of the SFARDS chips. I know of people who are pursuing winding up petitions against the company, but I bowed out because I felt like I was throwing good money after bad. Judging by how badly the development and production of this thing has been bungled, they have probably thrown all of their money away just trying to get it working.

yeah, you may be right.  I guess I'd have to wonder how the lawsuits are turning out in terms of them actually coughing up the money.

I know they've been having their asses handed to them in court, which is no surprise, but I guess I'd want to know if judgements are being paid and how recently they were coughing up that money before tossing money at a lawsuit to determine whether or not to pursue that avenue, especially if I was only into this for a few hundred dollars.

that site fightalpha.net might have some of that, although it's been many months since I visited it....

My problem is, I really don't think this company HAS any money left to squeeze out of them...and I doubt very much whether they have any hard assets to liquidate, either. Their hardware doesn't even work and their chip isn't even power-efficient enough to resell to other manufacturers, in light of the SFARDS chips. I know of people who are pursuing winding up petitions against the company, but I bowed out because I felt like I was throwing good money after bad. Judging by how badly the development and production of this thing has been bungled, they have probably thrown all of their money away just trying to get it working.
Why anyone would still be waiting for these I have no idea.  Contact your CC companies, PayPal or sue via MoneyClaim.

these are losers due to their delays regardless of whether or not they actually ship anything and regardless of whether or not they will be of any quality, which I doubt as well, considering the apparent lack of expertise of these people.  Odds are that, even if they ship, they're dogshit quality-wise and will crap out in next to no time.  There is no point that I can see in doing anything but trying to get your money back.

I guess it depends on how much one has into this fiasco, but if it's in the thousands it would seem to be a decent idea to make some attempt to squeeze it out of them, by whatever means available.
Why is it that the OP only has a 2 post count and hasnt been here since 9-8-14?

Surely that screams out scam to everyone....

Because that account was started and maintained by Fiaz Malik, who quit the company shortly after they announced their first screw-up (having to re-do tapeout) and the whole "profit sharing" farce. Got out while the getting was good, I guess. Anyway, I think the company is probably down to one employee now.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Why is it that the OP only has a 2 post count and hasnt been here since 9-8-14?

Surely that screams out scam to everyone....
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
alpha-t.net is offline? Byebye my 50+ bitcoins  Undecided

You don't actually think you're going to make any money with these things, do you? There is about a month left before the block reward on Litecoin is cut in half. You won't even be able to sell these on the open market for 1/10th their cost.

Err? What do you think the response is going to be?  Roll Eyes

If they even bother making a response when they miss the next deadline they set themselves, it will be more of the same waffle.
"We need to alter X because our previous design was essentially non-functional as we have no idea what we are doing....", "We are still the best manufacturer...", "Just this last change to make and we will be shipping....".

Same old shit.

Only news from AT I would consider valid is when they officially file for bankruptcy.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I like how they still have their 250mhs miner listed on their products page for the original price of ₤5.450   Cheesy

You don't actually think you're going to make any money with these things, do you? There is about a month left before the block reward on Litecoin is cut in half. You won't even be able to sell these on the open market for 1/10th their cost.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

Websites still there buddy must just have been down for a bit.
Activity: 59
Bitcoin is the currency of resistance.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
If I had my choice I'd go back to mining with graphics cards.

Maybe you should check out ethereum. The frontier release launches soon and GPU mining seems to be an option.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
I've got a scheduled court date with them in August.

It hasn't been cheap but I had the legal firm do all the work and they'll also handle the court for me as well, seeing as I'm not in the UK.

I look forward to hearing the results of your case. Good Luck!
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
I've got a scheduled court date with them in August.

It hasn't been cheap but I had the legal firm do all the work and they'll also handle the court for me as well, seeing as I'm not in the UK.

I haven't been here on the forum for a long time. I found steeping myself in alpha crap daily was emotionally exhausting. Not counting credit card chargebacks, deposits, or funds returned by banks or Paypal, has anyone here that paid down payment or in full with BTC or wire received any cash refunds or anything from Alpha Theft-ology (except disrespect)? Thanks -M 

maybe ask the guy that runs fightalpha.net

I do think people have won moneyclaim court cases and had those judgements enforced, but you'd have to verify that with him.
legendary
I haven't been here on the forum for a long time. I found steeping myself in alpha crap daily was emotionally exhausting. Not counting credit card chargebacks, deposits, or funds returned by banks or Paypal, has anyone here that paid down payment or in full with BTC or wire received any cash refunds or anything from Alpha Theft-ology (except disrespect)? Thanks -M 

I have heard of a couple people being successfull in claiming their funds but most I beleive thave not.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
legendary
looks like alpha need to adjust their prices to reflect current prices and markets as theri tech is getting on to be old and only seen a hand full of people get their units so happy I did not go and buy pre order from these guys.

I doubt they will be adjust any pricing and I have yet to see a single person get their miner. lol Alpha-T did us so wrong all you can do is laugh about it at this point
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
looks like alpha need to adjust their prices to reflect current prices and markets as theri tech is getting on to be old and only seen a hand full of people get their units so happy I did not go and buy pre order from these guys.
legendary
^^ Agreed.... I mean setting up some of my old GPU rigs was so frustrating at points it made me want to kick a baby in the face but once they were up and running... it was a great feeling lol

Hopefully my two units from Alpha-T will be smooth runners.... lol if they ever come.
Pages:
Jump to: