Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 17. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
That update was posted in early April...lol.

So only 2 months left for deliveryupdates! Wink
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
That update was posted in early April...lol.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
wow so antoher 3 Month at least ;(
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Greetings Miners

We’re pleased to bring you a new update.

Thank you for your patience! We know it has taken a while for new details to come out, and offer our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We’re as eager as you to bring news when it is ready for release, and above all deliver your device.

System Update

The power consumption of the Viper device was estimated to be 10W for a core voltage of 1.2V and core frequency of 200MHz. This estimate was based on simulation results that kept a power down feature during idle cycles for the internal SRAM in consideration. However since mining is quite the continuous activity, the idle cycles could not contribute enough for lower power needs. As such, power consumption went to approximately 18W at full speed and frequency.

As per the initial calculations, the current requirement for the core voltage was less than 9A per Viper device ( 10W / 1.2V = 8.33A ). The initial prototype was designed with a 50A power module from a leading semiconductor manufacturer for 4 Viper devices (4 x 9A = < 50A), keeping room for some over-clocking possibilities. Since the power consumption changed to 18W, the current required also changed to 15A per device which would require at least 60A for 4 Viper devices. We also noticed some voltage dips on the core voltage rail of around 200mV during the start of computation of one Viper device, this could affect the working of another Viper device connected to the same voltage rail. To cater to such requirements, single modules were pretty expensive. In order to save cost and do some more optimizations, another new design was created. It uses 15A power modules from another leading semiconductor manufacturer for each Viper device. However these devices have been behaving a little erratic and we have found them unstable during our QC tests.

The design is currently getting reviewed and failure analysis is being done by the experts at the power supply company. We are waiting for their response so we can get the correction done. A parallel design is also being done with another power supply having 20A capacity. We have tested the software, and the functionality is working properly which really pleases us. After this last issue gets sorted out, the bulk production can start and shipment will follow.

ASIC Update

A few sample Viper devices were tested to identify issues with PLL, IOs, memory etc. with the test vectors generated. Devices were tested and categorized into those that pass and fail. When the same devices were tested with the ZIF socket board, the results observed with these devices were different. Devices which were marked as pass did not pass the functional test completely when tested with the ZIF socket. A few devices passed the functional test with the ZIF socket board and a few failed. Test vectors were updated to include BIST (built-in self-test) to identify device which pass and fail functionally.

On further analysis of the results observed with the tester, the ZIF socket and the test vector simulation results, it was found that the tester has a higher voltage drop and configuration of Viper PLL via JTAG with the tester not working properly. Test vectors were updated to configure PLL over UART and shipped back to test house along with the devices for a re-test. By using the new test vector and increasing the core voltage with the tester, test results of the ZIF socket board and the tester started matching properly. In short, this issue is now under control and it is being worked on as fast as we can.

We are sorry shipment has not yet occurred. We very much appreciate the situation and are working our hardest to deliver the best product possible with the resources we have available.  We would like to reiterate our previous statement that all we can do is reward your patience with a product that is ready and optimized instead of rushing and then deliver potentiality faulty and under-performing hardware. We know you are eagerly waiting to get your hands on these devices, we share this enthusiasm and are quite impatient ourselves to start shipping, and hope you can understand we’re not here to take the easy way out: but deliver a high-quality well-thought of and well tested device.  We are still providing the various enhancements to the final specifications of the devices including a 10 times increase of the hash rate. We plan to e-mail all customers as soon as we have the shipping date, but we cannot estimate one at this time. All we can say is that once we have these last issues resolved and assembly has started, shipment will follow as soon as possible afterwards. We already have our chip quantity in stock, so there will be no need for us to wait for chips. That stage has now been completed.

On that note, we’d like to express our gratitude for your immense patience and confidence, and extend our sincerest apologies for the annoying delays whilst this machine is being engineered to perfection. We know it seems that every month there is delay after delay, but please understand that development is outsourced and we are genuinely passing on information we are being told by the technical teams working on the project as it comes in.

We do our best to speed the process up and finalize the devices.

Stay tuned! We hope, and are fairly confident, that our next message will be that mass-production has started and be able to inform you that shipping will be underway.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Mohamed Akram

lol
legendary
So in basic terms they started redesigning the main part of the miners again Wink
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Greetings Miners

We’re pleased to bring you a new update.

Thank you for your patience! We know it has taken a while for new details to come out, and offer our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We’re as eager as you to bring news when it is ready for release, and above all deliver your device.

System Update

The power consumption of the Viper device was estimated to be 10W for a core voltage of 1.2V and core frequency of 200MHz. This estimate was based on simulation results that kept a power down feature during idle cycles for the internal SRAM in consideration. However since mining is quite the continuous activity, the idle cycles could not contribute enough for lower power needs. As such, power consumption went to approximately 18W at full speed and frequency.

As per the initial calculations, the current requirement for the core voltage was less than 9A per Viper device ( 10W / 1.2V = 8.33A ). The initial prototype was designed with a 50A power module from a leading semiconductor manufacturer for 4 Viper devices (4 x 9A = < 50A), keeping room for some over-clocking possibilities. Since the power consumption changed to 18W, the current required also changed to 15A per device which would require at least 60A for 4 Viper devices. We also noticed some voltage dips on the core voltage rail of around 200mV during the start of computation of one Viper device, this could affect the working of another Viper device connected to the same voltage rail. To cater to such requirements, single modules were pretty expensive. In order to save cost and do some more optimizations, another new design was created. It uses 15A power modules from another leading semiconductor manufacturer for each Viper device. However these devices have been behaving a little erratic and we have found them unstable during our QC tests.

The design is currently getting reviewed and failure analysis is being done by the experts at the power supply company. We are waiting for their response so we can get the correction done. A parallel design is also being done with another power supply having 20A capacity. We have tested the software, and the functionality is working properly which really pleases us. After this last issue gets sorted out, the bulk production can start and shipment will follow.

ASIC Update

A few sample Viper devices were tested to identify issues with PLL, IOs, memory etc. with the test vectors generated. Devices were tested and categorized into those that pass and fail. When the same devices were tested with the ZIF socket board, the results observed with these devices were different. Devices which were marked as pass did not pass the functional test completely when tested with the ZIF socket. A few devices passed the functional test with the ZIF socket board and a few failed. Test vectors were updated to include BIST (built-in self-test) to identify device which pass and fail functionally.

On further analysis of the results observed with the tester, the ZIF socket and the test vector simulation results, it was found that the tester has a higher voltage drop and configuration of Viper PLL via JTAG with the tester not working properly. Test vectors were updated to configure PLL over UART and shipped back to test house along with the devices for a re-test. By using the new test vector and increasing the core voltage with the tester, test results of the ZIF socket board and the tester started matching properly. In short, this issue is now under control and it is being worked on as fast as we can.

We are sorry shipment has not yet occurred. We very much appreciate the situation and are working our hardest to deliver the best product possible with the resources we have available.  We would like to reiterate our previous statement that all we can do is reward your patience with a product that is ready and optimized instead of rushing and then deliver potentiality faulty and under-performing hardware. We know you are eagerly waiting to get your hands on these devices, we share this enthusiasm and are quite impatient ourselves to start shipping, and hope you can understand we’re not here to take the easy way out: but deliver a high-quality well-thought of and well tested device.  We are still providing the various enhancements to the final specifications of the devices including a 10 times increase of the hash rate. We plan to e-mail all customers as soon as we have the shipping date, but we cannot estimate one at this time. All we can say is that once we have these last issues resolved and assembly has started, shipment will follow as soon as possible afterwards. We already have our chip quantity in stock, so there will be no need for us to wait for chips. That stage has now been completed.

On that note, we’d like to express our gratitude for your immense patience and confidence, and extend our sincerest apologies for the annoying delays whilst this machine is being engineered to perfection. We know it seems that every month there is delay after delay, but please understand that development is outsourced and we are genuinely passing on information we are being told by the technical teams working on the project as it comes in.

We do our best to speed the process up and finalize the devices.

Stay tuned! We hope, and are fairly confident, that our next message will be that mass-production has started and be able to inform you that shipping will be underway.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Mohamed Akram
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
I get a security warning now when I try and go to their Forum. I can view the homepage okay, but when I click on the forum I get a security warning saying that the site certificate doesn't match. Who knows what's going on? It could be hackers redirecting traffic, or them trying to scare people away. Either way I'm glad their site is crippled.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Yeah . Beat AT in court. 2 weeks to pay me back.Anybody have active account on alpha t forum? Can You send PM

Congrats!!

did they cough up payment??

Activity: 161
Merit: 13
Well, lots of idiots believed in some "ghetto genius" that just graduated (?) to make them rich and got burn Cheesy All facts was shouting, that they are 100% scammers, but yet greed overruled you guys and u throwed your cash hard at them Cheesy So stupid of u Tongue
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Yeah . Beat AT in court. 2 weeks to pay me back.Anybody have active account on alpha t forum? Can You send PM
Activity: 40
Some will say that we shouldn't do this, that we should let Alpha flourish as a company.. to let them try to get back on their feet and hope to retrieve our money at a later date.

If you go through with seeking this winding up order, any funds that the appointed liquidator is able to disburse, will have to be divided up amongst ALL creditors. Do you think we're the only people Alpha are likely to owe money to? We could be looking at several months to a year before seeing anything able to be disbursed and even then it could be pennies on the pound.

If, however, individuals are able to get a judgement against Alpha they can then instruct bailiffs to go get a payment from them, a payment which will see the majority of what was paid returned to them, because Alpha are still likely to be trying to survive this and, therefore, will be motivated to settle when the bailiffs arrive.

It is somewhat unreasonable for you to have posted the details of successful claims against Alpha, which encouraged people to proceed with their own recovery actions, only to shortly afterwards announce that you intend to petition for a winding-up order which would completely change the landscape of our options.

I have just spoken to the solicitor who is pursuing my case and he said that, as you are talking about getting a large number of creditors together for this winding-up, there is little chance any other creditor could successfully appeal against it.

Cryptodevil, the options are not mutually exclusive. You should continue your claim against Alpha. Winding up can take longer than a year. A CCJ will take only take a few months.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500

I come here  time to time.

Never gets old.

Thanks for the laugh.
Activity: 119
Alpha Sprouts is probably waiting for LTC's reward to halve, which is soon. There are no scenarios in which their miners can run profitably, period. I don't believe for a second they are doing anything to build a product at this point.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Some will say that we shouldn't do this, that we should let Alpha flourish as a company.. to let them try to get back on their feet and hope to retrieve our money at a later date.

If you go through with seeking this winding up order, any funds that the appointed liquidator is able to disburse, will have to be divided up amongst ALL creditors. Do you think we're the only people Alpha are likely to owe money to? We could be looking at several months to a year before seeing anything able to be disbursed and even then it could be pennies on the pound.

If, however, individuals are able to get a judgement against Alpha they can then instruct bailiffs to go get a payment from them, a payment which will see the majority of what was paid returned to them, because Alpha are still likely to be trying to survive this and, therefore, will be motivated to settle when the bailiffs arrive.

It is somewhat unreasonable for you to have posted the details of successful claims against Alpha, which encouraged people to proceed with their own recovery actions, only to shortly afterwards announce that you intend to petition for a winding-up order which would completely change the landscape of our options.

I have just spoken to the solicitor who is pursuing my case and he said that, as you are talking about getting a large number of creditors together for this winding-up, there is little chance any other creditor could successfully appeal against it.

legendary

Ya... This Sounds legit... Lets send LOTS of money to random people on the internet to chase after lost money.  [A legit service would take the fee out of the winnings.] Oh... And there is a Very strong possibility that the amount that Alpha has is LESS than the 3300 GBP fee the "lawyer" gets.

I'm fairly certain anyone can add themselves to the 'bankruptcy' creditors list without paying the 'spearhead's lawyer'.

Good Luck.

The lawyer knows that Alpha is a high-risk target; meaning they might NOT have any funds so the laywer will not work on a "fee out of the winnings" basis.

Of course you are entitled to your skepticism.

Maybe it's a good thing to go for an escrow here. Once the payments are there, you show "the crowd" and the escrow the contract/invoice with the sollicitor and maybe the escrow calls the lawyer for verification Smiley

Ya... This Sounds legit... Lets send LOTS of money to random people on the internet to chase after lost money.  [A legit service would take the fee out of the winnings.] Oh... And there is a Very strong possibility that the amount that Alpha has is LESS than the 3300 GBP fee the "lawyer" gets.

I'm fairly certain anyone can add themselves to the 'bankruptcy' creditors list without paying the 'spearhead's lawyer'.

Good Luck.

The lawyer knows that Alpha is a high-risk target; meaning they might NOT have any funds so the laywer will not work on a "fee out of the winnings" basis.

Of course you are entitled to your skepticism.
Activity: 32
For those who want PROOF, I have received permission to post the law firm, which is Fieldfisher, and I'm working with the head of the firm's debt recovery department, Mr Rob Surridge. His contact details are here: http://www.fieldfisher.com/people/s/robert-surridge

I've attached our conversation as MP3. Feel free to take a listen.

The way the winding up process works works, is that there needs to be a "spearhead" person, which is me and I'll be the one that works with Mr Surridge as his client. Everyone who joins in the petition is a 'supporting creditor'. Does this mean that I get paid first if Alpha is wound up? No, not at all. Everyone that joins in the petition is at the same level, meaning Alpha's funds/assets will be divided among all of us evenly (if there is any at all!) This is all spelled out in the conversation I had with Mr Surridge, which is attached as MP3.

I've negotiated a flat-fee of 3300 GBP with Mr Surridge, a cost which will be split among all the final participants. There are about 40 now who are interested. I'm sure how many will go through with it, maybe only 80% of those who expressed initial interest will want to go through with it, so I'll ask for an amount from each participant in that range. I'll setup a paypal account and a final email on Wednesday with the amount you need to send (in GBP) to be considered as part of the supporting creditors in the petition.

Some will say that we shouldn't do this, that we should let Alpha flourish as a company.. to let them try to get back on their feet and hope to retrieve our money at a later date. I feel that is wrong; it will just give Alpha more time to make a clean getaway. If they have the funds and assets , great we all get some of our money back. I'm happy with that. If they don't have the funds and assets then they aren't gonna make it as a company anyway.

Wednesday April 20th is the deadline. Send your 1. full name 2. Amount that Alpha owes you (in GBP!) and 3. full address to [email protected] if you want to be considered.

Keep an eye out for my final email on wednesday.

Fight on.

Board Post is here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=152.msg470#msg470

Good Luck.
For those who want PROOF, I have received permission to post the law firm, which is Fieldfisher, and I'm working with the head of the firm's debt recovery department, Mr Rob Surridge. His contact details are here: http://www.fieldfisher.com/people/s/robert-surridge

I've attached our conversation as MP3. Feel free to take a listen.

The way the winding up process works works, is that there needs to be a "spearhead" person, which is me and I'll be the one that works with Mr Surridge as his client. Everyone who joins in the petition is a 'supporting creditor'. Does this mean that I get paid first if Alpha is wound up? No, not at all. Everyone that joins in the petition is at the same level, meaning Alpha's funds/assets will be divided among all of us evenly (if there is any at all!) This is all spelled out in the conversation I had with Mr Surridge, which is attached as MP3.

I've negotiated a flat-fee of 3300 GBP with Mr Surridge, a cost which will be split among all the final participants. There are about 40 now who are interested. I'm sure how many will go through with it, maybe only 80% of those who expressed initial interest will want to go through with it, so I'll ask for an amount from each participant in that range. I'll setup a paypal account and a final email on Wednesday with the amount you need to send (in GBP) to be considered as part of the supporting creditors in the petition.

Some will say that we shouldn't do this, that we should let Alpha flourish as a company.. to let them try to get back on their feet and hope to retrieve our money at a later date. I feel that is wrong; it will just give Alpha more time to make a clean getaway. If they have the funds and assets , great we all get some of our money back. I'm happy with that. If they don't have the funds and assets then they aren't gonna make it as a company anyway.

Wednesday April 20th is the deadline. Send your 1. full name 2. Amount that Alpha owes you (in GBP!) and 3. full address to [email protected] if you want to be considered.

Keep an eye out for my final email on wednesday.

Fight on.

Board Post is here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=152.msg470#msg470
Activity: 99
I have been in talks with a law firm that is very good at Debt Recovery.

I am negotiating a flat-fee cost for winding up Alpha. If Alpha is wound up, their assets will be seized and sold to pay off debts. You *DO NOT NEED to have a Judgement* to participate in a winding up order. If you are interested in joining, I need from you:

1. Your full name
2. The Amount that Alpha owes you.
3. Your full address

Send me these items and I will compile them, and get them over to the law firm. I will shoot off another email when we are ready for the next step, which will be soon.

Send it to [email protected]

Sent, but not going to spend more money on this fiasco. Bitcoin paid, US residing so seems unlikely.
legendary
If the letter of the law is not working for them, you just have to take to the woods and beat them until the person will not give all the money.

That might not be the most advisable option, from a legal point of view Wink
Pages:
Jump to: