Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 161. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Looking at their website, I think they've packed and gone, they're not deleting posts anymore.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Today is July 15th. 23 hours left in the day for AT. 

Still no prototype
Still no chips
Still no cases
Still no psus
Still no cc processor

But don't worry, they guarantee you will get your miners in the next 2 weeks.  So what is the guarantee? What do customers get if AT can't fulfill the guarantee?
Activity: 532
Why doesn't everyone report them to BBC Watchdog?

They will get a camera crew down there and expose what the scammers are up to on TV.

You can report you stories here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74

Cryptocurrency isn't well understood by the mainstream, and if you wanted Alpha-T to pack up and vanish, that's what would happen if Watchdog got involved.

Looks like that going to happen anyway Nullu...

I'm afraid you're right, of course. Which is why energy should be spent bringing Alpha-T to charge.

If you want to have any real impact, then you need to speak to Trading Standards. If Alpha-T are breaking the law, they can bring them to charge. At the very least, the threat of taking them to Trading Standards should worry them, as it's going to be harder for them to scurry off into the night with them on their tail.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

They will get a camera crew down there and expose what the scammers are up to on TV.

Cryptocurrency isn't well understood by the mainstream, and if you wanted Alpha-T to pack up and vanish, that's what would happen if Watchdog got involved.

Looks like that going to happen anyway Nullu...
Activity: 532

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Most consumer product laws, and I believe the UK's as well, have no issue with a product being better than promised, but not getting worse.

* They claim increased hash speeds, which is a plus

So far, that's the biggest positive they are providing. Aside from that, they're removing core features (which are still on their product page and design). That's what I'm pointing out.

As to the TOS, they still are outside of the law by claiming partial refund allowance, and by claiming they only take orders from businesses.

I'll say they are.  One of the core features they have removed is the ability to hash!

Essentially I've paid 100% of the cost of their 50MH unit's for nothing more than a series of drawings and empty promises.  I suspect they will be cashing out my satoshi's and sipping mai-tai's by months end :/
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
i hate this: verspillow you are right in what you say but also:

1. They have said that the TOS changes apply only to new customers as they open the batch
2. The final product is not similar to the original in terms of hashing speed as well. Where they shot themselves in the foot is with energy efficiency. Their best bet is someone to deliver something like the one they promised and go beg him to label some for them so they can start shipping.

So if I'm in the amex seat i would still be troubled giving you money back at this stage.

What you need to understand is that you can cancel at any time for a FULL REFUND. That is the LAW. You don't have to give Amex an excuse, you just have to say I don't want it any more.

The Distance selling Regulations clearly state (page 25 question 3.48). http://www.doctronics.co.uk/pdf_files/OFT913%20DISTANCE%20SELLING.pdf

What specifically do I have to refund to the consumer if
they cancel?

3.48 The DSRs require you to refund any money paid by or on behalf of
the consumer in relation to the contract to the person who made the
payment. This means the full price of the goods, or deposit or prepayment
made, including the cost of delivery

The problem is, as I stated earlier, with a charge back the CC company is not "jointly liable" this means they have to ASK for the money back. If the company says no, you're screwed. This is what has happened to Searing.

In the UK if you pay directly to the company ie do not go through a third party, Paypal, google checkout etc, you are entitled to make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This makes the CC company "jointly liable" so they have to give you the money themselves, not chase the retailer for it. This gives you vastly more protection. Unfortunately, those that did pay with a card went through Paypal or Payza which means your only options are charge backs or Paypal/Payza disputes.

This is something you need to seriously consider before you throw any more money at this. The CC protection you get is pretty flimsy with a charge back. If the retailer disputes the claim there isn't really anything the CC company can do. Alpha will just say its in their T&Cs, you can point out that their T&Cs are illegal and point them to the UK DSR but you then have to hope the CC company gives enough of a damn to do anything about it.

Basically you have limited protection when paying with a CC through a third party or using charge back. If you think this option protects you from loss if Alpha fail to deliver, ship a sub par product or go bankrupt. THINK AGAIN.
Activity: 616
Most consumer product laws, and I believe the UK's as well, have no issue with a product being better than promised, but not getting worse.

* They claim increased hash speeds, which is a plus

So far, that's the biggest positive they are providing. Aside from that, they're removing core features (which are still on their product page and design). That's what I'm pointing out.

As to the TOS, they still are outside of the law by claiming partial refund allowance, and by claiming they only take orders from businesses.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
i hate this: verspillow you are right in what you say but also:

1. They have said that the TOS changes apply only to new customers as they open the batch
2. The final product is not similar to the original in terms of hashing speed as well. Where they shot themselves in the foot is with energy efficiency. Their best bet is someone to deliver something like the one they promised and go beg him to label some for them so they can start shipping.

So if I'm in the amex seat i would still be troubled giving you money back at this stage.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Activity: 616
Wasn't the 15th (tomorrow) one of their projected dates for beginning shipment? Remeber back in mid-May, they had "almost completed the tapeout process".

It's 2 months later. How's that tapeout completion going?

Searing, good luck in your efforts. I would've pointed out to AMEX how AT isn't even following its own country's guidelines for consumer laws, and how they've changed their TOS several times since day 1, and how the product has changed 75% from what they originally promised to deliver.

The end product, as of their last update, won't even have its own controller unit. It'll just be like a USB Erupter--it'll need a host system. Nor will it be truly rack-mountable like they promised.

They've totally screwed you guys over.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Hey Searing thanks for bad news mate

Well for me i have not approached the cc company because if i pick up the phone i would not be able to provide a valid argument. It's not end of July yet so while retro72 is 100% right in it being a game of music and chairs by end of July, there is simply no grounds for claim at the moment.

However, once the s hits the f, i'm not expecting anything less than 100% refund. Can you please clarify if you paid with regular amex? i know gold and platinum have all sorts of insurances associated with the card by default, my favorite being price protection guarantee: if i buy something and its advertised price within a given radius is much lower, they give me the difference to the lower limit (kind of rip-off protection).

Gl with TOS but i'm sure the card issuer will have to go to insurace to pay back, they can't just say the guy went bankrupt, what kind of protection is that?!
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Well Amex informed me they are having no luck getting my 30% refund back on a Vyper....they are saying Alpha claims are gonna  ship
it just awaiting last 70% (like that is gonna happen) still claim they can keep the 30%

.not fraud..because i sent the $$$ willingly....so we will try this again with another dispute (they take around 30-45 days) so by the time they (alpha) stops dicking
around on all this with the cc companies....there will be no money left at alpah ..at which point amex says only option is legal with alpha

they did agree with me I'd be stupid to send them the last 70%..amex that is with no cc
option yet and or paypal.....so we will try another dispute on them not meeting their TOS.

ie no paypal option anymore..no cc option...no shipping....no product ...etc

well I'll get about 250 back as a loss with the tax guy over applied to real $$$ towards taxes (may take a couple years of such)
that is about it...

about 417.00 usd will be a loss

could have been worse...coulda sent in the 70% via wire xfer

anyway anyone have any luck with an 'actual' payback from amex let me know.....I'll also try your angle

anyway amex is still interested in working with me ...but i get the impression alpha goes poof..and they can do nothing to get $$$ back

Searing

legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
If anyone in the UK is feeling like they want more answers...

http://www.nmi.org.uk/about-us/members/details/335/silera

i guess Eric never replied to your linkedIn message then ?

Maybe CoinDesk or CoinTelegraph or CryptoCoinsNews or someone with some public reach would be interested in contacting Eric and Fiaz for an article on Alpha-T ?

Correct, no reply yet.  Undecided
Has anybody tried contacting this Eric Gunn via phone directly?  It's pretty obvious he probably won't be responding to any LinkedIn messages so thought I might give the direct # a try listed under Silera. 
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?

Maybe CoinDesk or CoinTelegraph or CryptoCoinsNews or someone with some public reach would be interested in contacting Eric and Fiaz for an article on Alpha-T ?

Correct, no reply yet.  Undecided
Activity: 708
Merit: 502
So, in conclusion, it`s kind of "won`t ship in a near future" company?
legendary
Activity: 1414
I haven't looked at these new miners for a while now. What algorithms can they mine? if it's scrypt only what good are they these days?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Jump to: