Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 157. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Bet you don't get banned from the forum either for expressing an opinion on another web site.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
GAW miners just anounced chips consuming 2,4 W / Mh.

375 Mh mini miner - power consumption 900W - 3795 USD.

Refund policy: as long it is not at your door you can get 100% refund anytime.
Activity: 95
e-mail sent to Alpha, doubt they will refund but have set out my plan of action with them, don't know if it's worth the effort, but why not, not like I can ask a question on the customers forum now is it ?
I've been to court before and from my experience it is very important that you present the right info, the right way, and in the proper order at the proper time. I first intend to look up the posts I found (thank you guys) on this form that have links to the UK legal system / reporting agencies. When I've finished reading them I hope to have an understanding or at least be familiar with the vernacular so that I may convey the issues to a Solicitor and see if I do have any real choices. I found that like in the US (probably everywhere) the UK has an online "ask the Attorney" I found it at http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/
I think that it is in my best interest to have the Attorney prepare any initial document or process to present to Alpha. Just my thoughts. I don't like getting pushed around and right now I have to admit that my "pisstisty" level is high. -M
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I really hadn't spent much time here until just recently. Quite frankly I though that this was just a gloom and doom board. My apologies, I was wrong.
I have removed the rose colored glasses. -M
Yep I think a lot of Alpha customers think this way. The thing is, the only reason the Alpha forum isn't more like this is Alpha ban people and delete threads with such vigour they make the Chinese look like bleeding heart liberals.
Activity: 75
I smell a huge lawsuit in the near future.
Wow, Alpha are taking the piss now......

"
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry MikeBeaver, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire."

What the actual F%&k, am not very happy about this at all, they have my money and now I am banned.
Yeah sorry Mike, that was why I was so vague identifying you earlier. Fiaz lurks here and has already banned Searing for simply posting here. But this is a new low. Looking at what you and Spectrem posted I wouldn't say that warrants a ban. I'd say Fiaz is being childish, petty and vindictive.

If I were you both I would join as many forums and  reddit threads as you can and spread the word about these crooks before they take anyone else's money.

BTW if you want to get access to their forum. Turn your route off for 5 mins, clear your browser history and you should be golden. It takes the piss you should actually have to do that but that's the way Alpha operate I'm afraid.
e-mail sent to Alpha, doubt they will refund but have set out my plan of action with them, don't know if it's worth the effort, but why not, not like I can ask a question on the customers forum now is it ?
Well that blows guys.

If anyone was skeptical of our warnings, does this help you make your mind up? Banning people for what they're saying on *other* forums, after taking their money.

You can't run an ethical operation while taking customers' money and then ban them from customer service!
I really hadn't spent much time here until just recently. Quite frankly I though that this was just a gloom and doom board. My apologies, I was wrong.
I have removed the rose colored glasses. -M
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Well that blows guys.

If anyone was skeptical of our warnings, does this help you make your mind up? Banning people for what they're saying on *other* forums, after taking their money.

You can't run an ethical operation while taking customers' money and then ban them from customer service!
Activity: 107
Run by a bunch of school kids who can't handle constructive criticism.

The walls are falling down around them. I urge you all to get your money out before they go under. It's now just a matter of time.

Appalling childlike behaviour.

You can't stop us posting here ... Now get back in your pram.

They are probably reading the posts here also.
End of the day, you get a warning on most forums for doing something they don't like, I am pretty sure no one said anything to warrant an outright ban, so was probably something said on here, which is even more of a piss take.

Am off to the bank tomorrow to see what my options are RE: distance selling, pre-orders, refunds etc, being banned without any prior warnings, communication is just bad conduct and not really indicative of a trustworthy company, of course, a member of their team may post here and let us know the reason for the ban, I won't hold my breath though, more chance of their #invisiblemining rigs.
Also banned, apparently you are not allowed to say bad stuff about the company on a totally independent site.

Mike, I'm sorry as I think you got banned for liking my post about the original contract and how they have changed it.
They don't want anyone to ask for an accounting. Yes, they have near 4k of my money too.
Nothing we said was bad. Non of what we asked or dug up was unkind or untruthful. -M
Also banned, apparently you are not allowed to say bad stuff about the company on a totally independent site.

Anyone planning on starting an AT lawsuit thread?  There seems to be interest and a number of people have already started legal action individually. Better to group together as a class action.

for what exactly?

you entered into an agreement with them
They changed the agreement. They radically changed the equipment footprint and in particular power requirements. They didn't ask get us to sign off on those changes, they didn't give any choices. The entire agreement that we signed (Feb.2014) has been modified from the one there now (7/14). They have made many "wording changes" (lawyers love that crap) to take themselves off the hook AFTER the fact. Every contract I've EVER been involved with (and I've been in the communications business for over 40 years) requires a sign off of the client when changes are made. Changing a contract without client approval and sigh off make the contract invalid) I no longer have the power (electrical breakers) to run the darn things without extension cable running all over the house or having the house wiring to a larger gage (code). That would cost half as much as the miners. I would have never purchased anything I couldn't run or would cost so much more money to accommodate. Their changes have put me in a box I can't get out of without just walking away from my 30% - about 4k. Under the circumstances they should refund anyone that wants out because of these changes. -M
Absolutely correct. Everyone was patting Alpha on the back for adding more power but they neglected to think about the customers who were happy with what they had. These new power hungry monsters may be unsuitable for some. If Alpha were a decent and honest company they would allow these customers to cancel their orders without penalty. It comes as no surprise to me that they haven't.

BTW Spectrem, you are covered by the UK Distance Selling Regulations even though you are based in the U.S. If it comes to it, go through my post history, I've listed the authorities to contact and the possible ways to fight for a full refund.

Good luck.

Thank you.  I guess I hit a nerve huh? Look what that post cost me -

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
July 16, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
Sorry spectrem1, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

Everyone be mindful that Alpha lurks here and I'll address them here. If you are on the Alpha-T forum and like it, you better not answer here.

I don't really know why you banned me over there. You've given me no reason. Just banned but I suspect that it's from posting here. I've been on your Alpha-T forum for a long time, have never been vulgar or crass. I have never been combative and overall I think I've quite been supportive. In most cases I at least was giving you the benefit of the doubt in some pretty negative conversations. Yes, I ask questions, customer questions! I post my requests for definition and clarification of the things you (the company) post. Mostly about being competitive. Because it's a forum, I share thoughts with, read the concerns of others, and make suggestions to the company. As any customer that's my job. It's inexcusable for you as a company not to address concerns but rather ban your customers from current information about their purchase because you're uncomfortable with their observances.
You have a responsibility to me as a customer and all your paying customers. I paid my money and I am entitled to equal opportunity to read anything you post on your forum. Re instate me immediately so that I may access any relevant information or any changes concerning my purchase.

Yea I know. I'm wasting forum space by this petition. I hope it will serve further to warn others that are giving Alpha the benefit of the doubt that they should pay closer attention.

and a note to eneloop - Do I really have to wait till September now to say "fooled"? lol-M

Wow, Alpha are taking the piss now......

"
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry MikeBeaver, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire."

What the actual F%&k, am not very happy about this at all, they have my money and now I am banned.
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
750MHs for 8500,-- is 11,-- for 1 MHs. Thats a new standard from October on

250MHs for 10500,-- is 42,-- for 1 MHs looks like a loss of money, depends whens the shipment finally.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Open your windows and throw out your money or give away to strangers.

Takes seconds, not months

http://i62.tinypic.com/s2txs2.jpg

Anyone planning on starting an AT lawsuit thread?  There seems to be interest and a number of people have already started legal action individually. Better to group together as a class action.

for what exactly?

They changed the agreement. They radically changed the equipment footprint and in particular power requirements. They didn't ask get us to sign off on those changes, they didn't give any choices. The entire agreement that we signed (Feb.2014) has been modified from the one there now (7/14). They have made many "wording changes" (lawyers love that crap) to take themselves off the hook AFTER the fact. Every contract I've EVER been involved with (and I've been in the communications business for over 40 years) requires a sign off of the client when changes are made. Changing a contract without client approval and sigh off make the contract invalid) I no longer have the power (electrical breakers) to run the darn things without extension cable running all over the house or having the house wiring to a larger gage (code). That would cost half as much as the miners. I would have never purchased anything I couldn't run or would cost so much more money to accommodate. Their changes have put me in a box I can't get out of without just walking away from my 30% - about 4k. Under the circumstances they should refund anyone that wants out because of these changes. -M
Absolutely correct. Everyone was patting Alpha on the back for adding more power but they neglected to think about the customers who were happy with what they had. These new power hungry monsters may be unsuitable for some. If Alpha were a decent and honest company they would allow these customers to cancel their orders without penalty. It comes as no surprise to me that they haven't.

BTW Spectrem, you are covered by the UK Distance Selling Regulations even though you are based in the U.S. If it comes to it, go through my post history, I've listed the authorities to contact and the possible ways to fight for a full refund.

Good luck.
you did not make them sign a deadline contract, so thats never going to work.

the only thing you can investigate is if theres any law that gives us a full refund, IF they dont ship a machine....and its way to early to know that
Actually Bumface, you can report them for breaking UK Distance Selling Regulations. They have deliberately refused to refund their customers their deposits. THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Their terms and conditions are irrelevant and are superseded by UK Consumer Law which states a customer can cancel at any time UP TO 7 WORKING DAYS AFTER SHIPPING for a FULL REFUND. There must be no handling fees or penalties and the shipping cost must also be reimbursed.

Anyway you slice it Alpha are breaking the law. The question is whether anyone has the stomach to take them on.

for what exactly?

Jump to: