Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 164. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Fiaz is missing in action with ISIS in Iraq
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Now that GAW have upgraded all VaultBreakers to 750mhs and are offering batch 2 VaultBreakers for $6999, I wonder what kind of competitive response we will see from alpha-t and others ?

Well, so far they have used ZEUS chips. 55 nm energy hungry disaster. Even Gridseeds' dual chips are more energy efficient.
If these chips are the same no response is needed. Power usage alone will kill them and by 750 Mhs the execution will be quick.
It's all about energy usage. After all, the prices will tend to power costs regardless of used devices.

Well if alpha falls thru (ie don't get refund of my $667 or whatever) I do have a KNC Titan on order (no refund) so will ride this
Scrypt asic out as best I can

sure hope this guy is correct....Alts could ride bitcoin like a world class Hawaiian wave right to the $$$ beach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10960012/Bitcoin-price-to-hit-2000-by-end-of-the-year.html

then again when was the last time we heard anyone predict such a thing (er wait a min last fall)

good to have dreams even if I do get reamed by getting scrypt miners...(eventually I  will learn or go broke I guess)

again nothing from alpha to amex which is not a good sign considering it has been 3 weeks and Amex seems to have asked about the
purchase via a FRAUD warning to the merchant...just looked at paypal (which closed it was over 45 days amex musta flag'd them)
but that is what the dispute said from amex)

anyway ....no contact at all on a a 'possible' fraud use of card? not even a 'huh' ..that does not bode well for a normal company response
from a credit card company's initial contact does it (unless they are getting a sh*tlo*d of requests like this 'tagged' this way initially?)

the mystery deepens (or not depending on if you think I'm gonna lose my $$$ or not..flip a coin.....)

Searing

Heh!  NEWS FLASH!!!! Heh!

Well I guess times must be tough on www.alpha-t.net forums...JUST GOT BANNED..er like FOREVER...sigh it is to be expected I guess....pretty sure it was
not for anything I posted on their forums specifically ...but probably from what I posted on here....big whoop...if they were legit they would have
not banned me and just shipped the miners on 7/15/2014 as they stated 'shipping will start' this last year
(4 days from now) that sure woulda put me in my place! Woulda showed me by golly!
(no toys for Searing!)

(er wait a min ..no prototype..no cc payment in place...no announcement since 6/20/2014 of anything...posts being deleted from alpha forums
mysterious banning....er crap...they are BFL... the UK branch...argh..it all makes sense now.....well good to know I got some people to try
and get a credit card charge back...works or not at least I was/we are 'annoying' ...hopefully this cc charge back works out for most
of us and we get them for some real $$$....

I mean we pay 30% down with paypal then Alpha expects us to pay 70% remaining with no paypal protection
or option to use a credit card..er sorry....that don't seem to work from a TOS point of view according to my credit card company..who
fully understood WHY I wanted a charge back and agreed with my dispute...now whether there is any $$$ left to get back via my
nice Amex bloodhound cc company... is another issue....well hell I can 'write off"  the equip as a 'fraud loss' I'll likely only be stuck after a few years of dribbling
that down $450 bucks..equip depreciation not arrived wise....so can get that $250 applied to 'real tax $$ owed....but again w/o
Amex coming thur....still will be $450 out of pocket.....live and learn and as stated above 3 weeks and no reply to Amex''s Initial
request for info on disputed charge..and as stated above they have a 'Fraud Tag" on the dispute from what I can tell from paypal
closed dispute (over 45 days) process of the above.

Here is what it looks like more or less ..pretty plain jane way to ban someone..I expected at least a virtual firing squad or some such
I mean they can't even kick me off their forums with anything but a minimal effort!

anyway here is how it looks to get banned on alpha when you try to sign in

Alpha Technology                                                                                      July 11, 2014, 11:59:48 AM
                                                                                                                  News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
                                                           An Error Has Occurred!
                                                           Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
                                                           This ban is not set to expire.
                                                                             (Back)

er just like the above on a white background

hmm...first I was the 2nd guy banned on BFL shoutbox/forum (after rocky raccoon) now somewhere in the middle of the pack
banned from alpha ..the 2nd not even for anything I likely posted on their forums but likely from stuff posted here....it can't
be me right?....I mean I should wait a 1 yr and 20 days from BFL to get my $8.5k back? (man was i lucky) I should put 30% down under
paypal protection and pay the 70% left with no paypal protection anymore and no option for credit card protection..right? Just
on their word? (yep must be me...damn serfs are getting uppity out there in the shire)...

well only have KNC forum left to go...(got a Titan no refund...I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed as you can see
from the above)..I suppose when they send me a box of parts that don't work I'll get banned there too

well good to have goals...

I may yet reach the 'Triple Crown" of ASIC forum 'banning" ..........ah the fame the glory

the actual "wtf" moments....memories!

Searing

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Now that GAW have upgraded all VaultBreakers to 750mhs and are offering batch 2 VaultBreakers for $6999, I wonder what kind of competitive response we will see from alpha-t and others ?

Well, so far they have used ZEUS chips. 55 nm energy hungry disaster. Even Gridseeds' dual chips are more energy efficient.
If these chips are the same no response is needed. Power usage alone will kill them and by 750 Mhs the execution will be quick.
It's all about energy usage. After all, the prices will tend to power costs regardless of used devices.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Either they'll admit that they can't produce the units, and let the shitstorm commence, or judging by the way they behave, come up with some elaborate BS as to why the units are going to be delayed for a few more months. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses.

just shoot a missile on the company building

~CfA~

Looking at the state of the "company building", a strong gale would probably knock it down. For a company that's taken so much money to have what amounts to a grubby little corner shop just speaks volumes.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
Either they'll admit that they can't produce the units, and let the shitstorm commence, or judging by the way they behave, come up with some elaborate BS as to why the units are going to be delayed for a few more months. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses.

just shoot a missile on the company building

~CfA~
Activity: 532

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses. But that's just my opinion of the situation. I was sceptical from the start.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
★☆★Bitin.io★☆★
There are just too many unanswered questions.

Plus I think they are feeling the pressure, presumably from this forum, and closing their gates with their sudden deadline. I hope for all of you who put down a deposit, that I am wrong. This thing just looks too shady.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
From 'The Doctor', server manager/admin on the alpha-t forum, trying to quell the riot regarding unavailability of a credit card processor: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=687.100 )

"But I must point out I cannot go in to full details due to the policies of some of the involved processors during negotiation…"

The Doctor writes just like Fiaz … sounds like either a relative or a sock puppet but he claims his name is 'Liroy'. This guy's name and style seems familiar … wasn't there a guy with a name like that hired to manage public relations and run the bitcointalk topic of another bitcoin miner scam a few months ago that got moved into some backwater here by an admin ?

WTF.  Credit card processor want to keep dealings quite during negotiation?!?!?!  What kind of BU!!SH*T is THAT?!?!?!  I've never freaking hear of that ever happening.  Credit card processors are services not FARKING partnerships.  You aren't doing doing a trade negotiation!  What?  Do you think because you publicly announce you are using Frontier Processing that the deal is ruined and its going to cause a hostile takeover of their corporation?!?!  Does it mean that if AT concludes the deal that it will prevent other ASIC manufacturers from establishing deals with teh processor?!?! 

Seriously the crap that comes out of their mouths theses days.  They have ran dry of excuses and they are digging so deep that they are pulling their tounges out of their own arses.

These guys are not big enough to negotiate AND they are a mining manufacturer (so they say).  They don't negotiate with a processor.  They BEG a processor to take them.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Eric accepted my connect request on linkedIn, I've sent him a message, no reply yet.

Interesting . Lets hope he replies with some useful info.

I'll LOL so hard if they just stole his identity to establish some credibility for their company.

Its a sign of just how much credibility alpha-t have lost that we can rationally contemplate such possibilities.

They actually never had any credibility. The fact that people don't realize that is what allows scams like this to continue for so long.

Well they never had any with me, thats for sure. Full disclosure - I do not have an alpha-t pre-order.
legendary
ex uno plures

https://hashtrader.com/t/vault-breaker-update/2388
Activity: 89
Eric accepted my connect request on linkedIn, I've sent him a message, no reply yet.

I'll LOL so hard if they just stole his identity to establish some credibility for their company.

Its a sign of just how much credibility alpha-t have lost that we can rationally contemplate such possibilities.

They actually never had any credibility. The fact that people don't realize that is what allows scams like this to continue for so long.
legendary
ex uno plures

Activity: 714

legendary
ex uno plures

Activity: 107
From 'The Doctor', server manager/admin on the alpha-t forum, trying to quell the riot regarding unavailability of a credit card processor: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=687.100 )

"But I must point out I cannot go in to full details due to the policies of some of the involved processors during negotiation…"

The Doctor writes just like Fiaz … sounds like either a relative or a sock puppet but he claims his name is 'Liroy'. This guy's name and style seems familiar … wasn't there a guy with a name like that hired to manage public relations and run the bitcointalk topic of another bitcoin miner scam a few months ago that got moved into some backwater here by an admin ?

WTF.  Credit card processor want to keep dealings quite during negotiation?!?!?!  What kind of BU!!SH*T is THAT?!?!?!  I've never freaking hear of that ever happening.  Credit card processors are services not FARKING partnerships.  You aren't doing doing a trade negotiation!  What?  Do you think because you publicly announce you are using Frontier Processing that the deal is ruined and its going to cause a hostile takeover of their corporation?!?!  Does it mean that if AT concludes the deal that it will prevent other ASIC manufacturers from establishing deals with teh processor?!?! 

Seriously the crap that comes out of their mouths theses days.  They have ran dry of excuses and they are digging so deep that they are pulling their tounges out of their own arses.

I run a hand full of websites. It's never taken me more than a week to get merchant services up and running for payment processing.

Utter bo&&ox, and I'm surprised any tech savvy folk i.e. miners would fall for this kind of response... Then I guess we'll never know as anyone who does question the "all knowledgable Fiaz" just gets banned.

Don't you just love transparency!
Activity: 76
Someone lives in Manchester and can have a look at their shop ? And the accountant next to it ? Is there someone there ?
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/eric-gunn/0/287/59

No mention of Alpha Technologies on his page though...seems he's an external consultant.

Sounds like Alpha Tech paid this guy a load of money to "consult" for them.  Probably because the current management of Alpha Tech didn't know what they were doing.  So Eric acts as a figure head and that is it.  I've never seen him post on the forums, here or on the AT website, and this is the first time I've even noticed him.  If this guy was their head of ASIC development he is doing a lot to avoid getting too close to Alpha-Tech.

Hopefully the lesson learned here is "never pre-order anything".

+1

What are you talking about? Fiaz is totally legit! He's not hiding, look I found this new pic of him:

"Ooooh those Vipers smell sweet!"

Jump to: