Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 168. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:26:48 PM »
Look I know this is not want you want to hear, but there will be an update soon, that's all I can really tell you right now.[/b]

Not can - want. That's all he wants to tell right now.
He could at least tell if the news is positive or negative. Actually if the news would be good I am sure he would mention it.

They want to be as far away as possible from ground zero before the bomb drops,
or run out the 5 month refund window on customers.

Believe me, if they had any good news to deliver Fiaz would be on every forum, and all the reddit threads touting it.  They've posted full updates for something as inconsequential as the final case design (which looked exactly like the old case design).

If fiaz knew the chips had a deliver date of 10 days he would be talking it up.  Scheduling deliveries, getting the payment processor up and running.  Lol he would even put up the tracking number so everyone can see how transparent they are.  If Drexel had any information for them it would be posted here.  BUt Drexel doesn't.  Drexel probably completed the final tapeout but won't mask until fiaz delivers the next payment but AT doesn't have the capital to make the next payment so Drexel won't start the next phase.  This is probably why fiaz is so quiet now and he won't even come on here to respond to these allegations because he has no proof to counter them.

Even a stack of power supplies and cases would suffice.  How long would it take to make a few hundred cases?  2-3 weeks.  Shipping?  another 1-2 weeks.

If A-T did have manufacturing in motion how hard would it be to call up your foundry and ask them to take a few snapshots and uploaded them to dropbox so you can shut the naysayers up?  It would probably have the rest of your customers stop dragging feet and wire transfer the rest of their money to AT.  If AT had any proof they would post it.  But they don't and the only thing Fiaz can say is...."Look I know this is not want you want to hear, but there will be an update soon"
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Look I know this is not want you want to hear, but there will be an update soon, that's all I can really tell you right now.[/b]

He could at least tell if the news is positive or negative. Actually if the news would be good I am sure he would mention it.

They want to be as far away as possible from ground zero before the bomb drops,
or run out the 5 month refund window on customers.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Man, I really want to work for a company like Alpha-Tech!

You just tell your boss you will have your job done 'soon', and then sit back and relax the rest of the year  Cool
Activity: 616
From the Alpha forum :https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=738.msg4703#new

Mario
Customer
Re: State of the Viper Miner

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:47:15 AM »
Yes it looks like a funeral indeed.

Why is it so hard to answer the questions.
If A-T don't have the chip just say no we don't have it. Undecided  simple like that

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

Look I know this is not want you want to hear, but there will be an update soon, that's all I can really tell you right now.

We're into the second week of July and all Fiaz is saying is "soon". They said they would be receiving their chips "soon" in their 22 May email for payments six weeks ago. Soon seems to have a different meaning to the folks at Alpha Technology. I suppose they could deliver their Vipers soon, but by their measure that could be any time between now and Christmas.

Maybe they are working on the Apostle's version of "soon". The Apostles in the Christian scriptures said that the final end was going to be soon. It's been 2,000 years.

Activity: 433
From the Alpha forum :https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=738.msg4703#new

Mario
Customer

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:47:15 AM »
Yes it looks like a funeral indeed.

Why is it so hard to answer the questions.
If A-T don't have the chip just say no we don't have it. Undecided  simple like that

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

Look I know this is not want you want to hear, but there will be an update soon, that's all I can really tell you right now.

We're into the second week of July and all Fiaz is saying is "soon". They said they would be receiving their chips "soon" in their 22 May email for payments six weeks ago. Soon seems to have a different meaning to the folks at Alpha Technology. I suppose they could deliver their Vipers soon, but by their measure that could be any time between now and Christmas.
Activity: 714
heh only 3 weeks left in july and alpha team is saying nothing on this forum or on their site for news since 6/20/14 (render drawings on the news info on www.alpha-t.net)

if things were going well there would be chip/prototype pics...bells/whistles and a parade etc tec

er looks like the boat is sunk already..and they are rowing like 'hell' away as fast as possible

the silence is 'deafening'

Searing

I would be happy just to see the bare cases and power supplies that they "should" have staged waiting for chips and pcbs to assemble.  If they don't even have those how are they going to even get anything out in July.  They will be lucky if they have something out by the end of August
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
heh only 3 weeks left in july and alpha team is saying nothing on this forum or on their site for news since 6/20/14 (render drawings on the news info on www.alpha-t.net)

if things were going well there would be chip/prototype pics...bells/whistles and a parade etc tec

er looks like the boat is sunk already..and they are rowing like 'hell' away as fast as possible

the silence is 'deafening'

Searing
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
You want to see a working prototype? Such a luxury demands...  Roll Eyes

Show me bare wafers... manufactured case... anything.  Undecided Roughly 3 weeks until pessimistic dispatch date scenario left. The only thing I have noticed is Fiaz that stopped repeating like a mantra "I can assure you we are on track for July dispatch".
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i have a wonderfull idea.....

show a working prototype, and shut us up

Activity: 433
Interestingly, in Alpha's last Annual Return on 02/12/2013 they have 100 ordinary shares, all held by Mohammed Akram. They filed a statement of capital on the 13/05/2014 that said he only had 75 ordinary shares. Did he have to sell 25% of the company to raise operating capital? We won't know who has these shares until they release their annual return on the 31/08/2014.

I doubt these shares alone could have raised enough to pay for the chips, in fact on 22/05/2014 they asked for the balance of payments. This is speculation at this point but if Alpha had to sell off part of the company it definitely would suggest they are in financial difficulties. Unless Mr Akram just wanted a Ferrari

Of course, in the interests of fairness I should add he could have just given them away to a family member or staff. But we won't know until 31/08/2014
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
BFL are good people, their name should not be mixed with AT. I love BFL, have many of their hardware.

Well atleast bfl labs gave me a refund i must give them that

When it came to getting a refund from alpha tech after 3 months i only got 132 gbp out of 1635 gbp
and they said i would get a 75% refund - 70 gbp admin fee

But now they are playing dumb and i lost money ( my own fault i guess )

Other then laywers getting involved i guess they still have to deliver miners this month or feel the fanboy wrath

SCAM all the way. But i hope others get the miners
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
 I must agree that what we endured with BFL should be enough to not preorder ever but, a human is the only animal that stumbles over the same stone more than once ( greed? ) and we just keep doing it over and over.
However I must say that what I got from BFL ( 8 months late, SOB's ) it not only ROI'd but paid itself several times over. And they did developed a good poduct specialy after Josh got fully involved.

Manufacturers are not all thieves, but, even like pool ops is very hard to keep their hands out of the cookie jar sometimes. So it's a hard thin line to walk for some, even if they set out at the beginning meaning well. Keep in mind it's business not charity.
Hate to say it but it comes down to " who takes the least from you " that seems to be what goes on now days.

Between stupidity, bad luck, pourposely stealing then we costumers pay the price if preordering.
Things get worst and harder to deal with on every step of development.
Buy hardare or cloud mining, choose your own poison...

Alpha T. may be another hard pill to swallow, who knows. How many times we need a hit on the head to learn?
I did not order from them but my business partners did ( mayority vote wins )  so I'm ultimatelly affected as well.

The best of luck to us all!
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
BFL are good people, their name should not be mixed with AT. I love BFL, have many of their hardware.

Sarcasm?
copper member
Clueless!

well there was 'bound' to be someone who got his stuff on time....but for most of the BFL users after april 2013
it was 1 year and 20 days to get a refund in my case..and I'm the exception on refunds..as an example ordered
a Jally 5gh upgraded it to a 7gh april 12th 2013 the same week "KNC' came into existance...had a KNC miner
on Oct 18th mining 1 btc a day (at least at that point) Unit was 1/2 paid for before the Jally 7gh at $388
arrived on Halloween...i upgraded the rest to a monarch counted as a loss and recently due to BFL court
probation of on of there founders ..got a refund offer and took it

so no BFL sells products since dec 2013 that does not ship till at least 6 months late and never ROI's

good for you if you managed to get BFL to ROI for you.....you are the 'exception' NEO heh

Searing
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
The original day 0 terms specified July 2014 for delivery, and specified they'd have working prototypes prior to that. Since then, their design has changed almost 75%, and they haven't met any of their projected milestones. Intent plays a role, and you likely couldn't prove malicious intent, but you could prove negligence. It's how BFL has been sued. So you could bring them to court on negligence in the US, not sure if the UK has similar laws.

I can't speak to the new preorders, but GAW has successfully provided great products.
copper member
Clueless!
Actually, you signed a contract that specifically states you are NOT entitled to compensation for their negligence. 

But if it contradicts consumer law, then the contract isn't valid. That's like saying you can commit a criminal act just because a contract says you can. It's erroneous. Their legal team blurb is nonsense. You take their T&Cs to a real lawyer and they'll tear it apart.

I realize that here in the USA contract law tends to be much stricter than in other parts of the world.  Even so, I would be very curious what part of UK law you are referring to when you say such a clause is illegal.  Do you actually have a law in mind (and if so, which one) or are you just talking out of your ass?  Again, I realize this is coming from the USA and not the UK, but virtually every warranty you get here specifically excludes compensation for incidental damages (example, you buy a server and it breaks.  They can be made to pay for the server, but not the money you lost from not having a working server).  They have been consistently upheld by the courts, and in most cases so have TOSs.  Now we do know that UK law makes their clause about no returns illegal, but I would be very surprised if you had a law that makes it illegal to bar incidental damages.  I'm always willing to learn though, which law do you speak of?

But see here is the thing, and this is why this sort of shit continues to happen.  Now, I will be the first to say these AT guys are a bunch of scumbags.  In fact, I HAVE been saying it the whole time.  But at the same time, isn't there at least some level of personal responsibility that goes into this?  I mean, you read a contract where they write right into the contract that they can purposefully rip you off and they are not responsible, legal or illegal, that didn't give anyone pause before sending them thousands of dollars?  The fact that exactly 0 of these preorders have ever gone well for the customer, that didn't give anyone pause?  I mean, GAW miners just released yet another one of these preorders about a week ago and I have seen some of the same people who got ripped off here, post over there that they preordered from them.  It's like, wtf really?

Contracts are not protection from consumer fraud. No matter what type of legalese and spin is spun fraud is fraud and the courts would throw said contract in the trash. The butthurt on this will be nasty!

But there was no fraud committed.  That's the part you can't seem to get through your head.  You keep ignoring all the points I've mentioned, and that's fine, you don't owe me any answers.  But when you sue this company for fraud their lawyers are going to ask you the same questions in court and then you will have to answer.  It is going to be very difficult to prove they delivered late when the contract you signed specifically says there is no guaranteed delivery date.  And either way at best you are looking at getting a portion of your money back (most of it is spent already).  There is 0 chance you will get compensatory damages. 

I will agree with you though, the "butthurt on this will be nasty", in fact most of their customers are already feeling it.  I was hoping this would be an [expensive] lesson for those involved, but as I mentioned, some of the exact same people who got raped here are already lining up to get raped again by GAW's preorder.  Some people just like getting raped, I guess. 

so what is the deal on the GAW miners and pre-orders same scam?

Searing
Activity: 350
Actually, you signed a contract that specifically states you are NOT entitled to compensation for their negligence. 

But if it contradicts consumer law, then the contract isn't valid. That's like saying you can commit a criminal act just because a contract says you can. It's erroneous. Their legal team blurb is nonsense. You take their T&Cs to a real lawyer and they'll tear it apart.

I realize that here in the USA contract law tends to be much stricter than in other parts of the world.  Even so, I would be very curious what part of UK law you are referring to when you say such a clause is illegal.  Do you actually have a law in mind (and if so, which one) or are you just talking out of your ass?  Again, I realize this is coming from the USA and not the UK, but virtually every warranty you get here specifically excludes compensation for incidental damages (example, you buy a server and it breaks.  They can be made to pay for the server, but not the money you lost from not having a working server).  They have been consistently upheld by the courts, and in most cases so have TOSs.  Now we do know that UK law makes their clause about no returns illegal, but I would be very surprised if you had a law that makes it illegal to bar incidental damages.  I'm always willing to learn though, which law do you speak of?

But see here is the thing, and this is why this sort of shit continues to happen.  Now, I will be the first to say these AT guys are a bunch of scumbags.  In fact, I HAVE been saying it the whole time.  But at the same time, isn't there at least some level of personal responsibility that goes into this?  I mean, you read a contract where they write right into the contract that they can purposefully rip you off and they are not responsible, legal or illegal, that didn't give anyone pause before sending them thousands of dollars?  The fact that exactly 0 of these preorders have ever gone well for the customer, that didn't give anyone pause?  I mean, GAW miners just released yet another one of these preorders about a week ago and I have seen some of the same people who got ripped off here, post over there that they preordered from them.  It's like, wtf really?

Contracts are not protection from consumer fraud. No matter what type of legalese and spin is spun fraud is fraud and the courts would throw said contract in the trash. The butthurt on this will be nasty!

But there was no fraud committed.  That's the part you can't seem to get through your head.  You keep ignoring all the points I've mentioned, and that's fine, you don't owe me any answers.  But when you sue this company for fraud their lawyers are going to ask you the same questions in court and then you will have to answer.  It is going to be very difficult to prove they delivered late when the contract you signed specifically says there is no guaranteed delivery date.  And either way at best you are looking at getting a portion of your money back (most of it is spent already).  There is 0 chance you will get compensatory damages. 

I will agree with you though, the "butthurt on this will be nasty", in fact most of their customers are already feeling it.  I was hoping this would be an [expensive] lesson for those involved, but as I mentioned, some of the exact same people who got raped here are already lining up to get raped again by GAW's preorder.  Some people just like getting raped, I guess. 
Jump to: