Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 191. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250
I think it is time to call Alpha-T a SCAM,... or just the new BFL Smiley
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

It's likely the business could go under.

If they are reliant on the balance paid by their customers to move forward with manufacturing and their customers aren't willing to pay their balance until they see some hard evidence of kit, then yes I'd likely agree with the rush for refunds which you read about on here it is likely they will be unable to complete the process and could go under.

That is of course worst case scenario....  Of course I hope everyone gets a machine, and sometime soon !

As Cablez says... the silence is deafening!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Just got word that KNC Titan chip has finalized tape-out and is in the final process of being made and bumped into chips. This means KNC should meet its August deadline. I don't believe they'll make it in July, and there's no reason to believe they'll be 1 month late as they're simply re-using an existing hardware platform and casing, and merely need to drop chips in and test equipment prior to shipping.

I also stand corrected in thinking the Titan chips may have been nearing completion this month, instead that is likely July. The Neptune chips however are in hand and being worked with as we speak.

KNC Scrypt machine, 400MH "stock". And they'll be able to be tuned for more. Can you imagine the next generation of machines? I know KNC is going for the GH stuff. This is why I believe LTC hashrate is going to skyrocket before the end of the year, and it's going to have more exponential leaps beyond 2014. The first major Scrypt coin to have that much network security is going to take off, simply because it won't suffer from the flux many others do, more people will have faith in it.

Alpha Tec seems to be out of contact with its customers in this forum, oddly enough, especially since we're past the due date. A quick glance at their own forum shows the same. I suppose it's possible they can still get their gear out the door by their deadline, and if they do that's great, but odds are they won't, and if they do they won't have enough spare parts to provide service.

It's likely the business could go under.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
The silence is deafening........
Activity: 756
So I registered again this morning on the alpha forum and posted the same question as I did late last week, to ask whether tapeout had been completed. I mentioned this late last week on this forum too.

On both occasions now and without reason or reply my accounts have been removed by Alpha.

So what have Alpha got to hide? It's a genuine question from a potential customer, I can only conclude you are nowhere near manufacture and highly unlikely to meet your claims of July delivery.

Childlike behaviour from a company that has yet to prove itself.  I'm furious that they cannot be bothered to address me on their own forum, yet have to look foolish here on a more public forum where they have no control over me or my question.

I see Fiaz or the team are keeping low......

Pathetic behaviour Alpha.

Good luck to any one that's left with this outfit.....

This is not very reassuring.  I for one will not be paying a penny more until I see SOMETHING and I suggest that the rest of you take this stance as well.  Just too many unknowns at this point...
So I registered again this morning on the alpha forum and posted the same question as I did late last week, to ask whether tapeout had been completed. I mentioned this late last week on this forum too.

On both occasions now and without reason or reply my accounts have been removed by Alpha.

So what have Alpha got to hide? It's a genuine question from a potential customer, I can only conclude you are nowhere near manufacture and highly unlikely to meet your claims of July delivery.

Childlike behaviour from a company that has yet to prove itself.  I'm furious that they cannot be bothered to address me on their own forum, yet have to look foolish here on a more public forum where they have no control over me or my question.

I see Fiaz or the team are keeping low......

Pathetic behaviour Alpha.

Good luck to any one that's left with this outfit.....
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Ah, I'd heard if the Titans were late they'd make the same deal with them. If that's not the case, then I stand adjusted. I don't foresee them being late because KNC needs the Batch 1 people to be happy, so they can crowdsource more funds for themselves. I agree, things have gotten mangled over there, but they're still the best bet for heavy-hitting gear.
The KNC batch 2 announcement has really done it for me. One 3rd less price ($6995 & $3795), one 3rd more power(200mh/s & 400mh/s) and delivery one month after batch one. Thanks KNC, for taking a big steaming dump on your batch one investors.

It seems to me KNC are the least ugly girl in a room full of three bag mingers. I may take one home at the end of the night, but I'll probably regret it in the morning.

But if KNC is the least ugly girl, Alpha is the dribbling snot nosed one in the corner. She could turn out to be the ride of your life but I'm not going to be the one to find out.

long post skip if you don't like long posts...hey fair warning...(put me on /ignore I don't know you I don't mind)

my issue is I'm stuck with the Titan (now that KNC seems to be more interested in their giant GH Farm the 'puny' customers of consumer products)....and again due to circumstances explained in other parts of the thread and wire xfer snafu with bank ...i am ONLY legal IRS verified a OK miner in USA imho (run guys I'm caught ..you may make it) anyway long story..on the plus side I can depreciate equip and home biz expenses now...so with some equip purchases and shuffling will likely more or less be in the same boat as if i just bought coin rather then some miners (now or in the future) ...so as an example my alpha in "real $$$ saved vs IRS Taxes..." the Vyper 50mh I have on order w/shipping for around $2300 usd...will really cost me more or less under 1500 bucks...so still kinda sorta fence sitting..if I'm allowed to depreciate it etc under this years 50% off equip and 20% till recoup'd in full...more or less

but with KNC announcing 'tape out' is DONE and no real announcement of such by alpha anyway I can't find such....(see their forums a whole thread asking this question with no answer) ..and NOW KNC 'hinting' that the 300mh first batch order will arrive july/august and that likely will have yet another 50mh tweak to 350mh for first batch Titans..

hell I'm like what is the point of tossing the last $1600 usd for admittedly a cute little vyper 50mh 1 month before my Titan at probably around 350mh pops thru the door...seems like
a bit of unnecessary over kill on my part..although may be ok for someone w/o a Titan no refund possible hanging over their head (knc was such a good company till I ordered the Titan then blamo...went all BFL ..then 2 weeks after IRS changes rules and nabs me...I admit it ..I musta 'jinxed' the works it is all my fault.....frigging timing (bad) was epic imho!)

the key word here is IF ALPHA hits its target of middle of July (by the time I get my miner in hand)....and no one has done that...even KNC was 1 month off from original announcement (aug) of the 550gh Jupiter I got Oct 18th 2013...and then 2 weeks late to get the miners in hand..from what I was told when they did not allow refunds due to shipping...

so yeah ....it is a gamble that the 50mh could hash for 1 month or more before the big boys dump on networks...but then again ..perhaps I'm OVER EXTENDED enough again this is
my view on my situation..I like alpha ..they are legitimately trying imho...but wow..when elephants start to 'square dance' maybe it is time to get out of the 'barn!"

and probably should just punt the alpha vyper 50mh back and eat the 400 buck as a penalty by alpha for refunding and move on

but would like a very very clear answer of "yes alpha has taped out at such in such a date' not the vague " we have initiated tapeout" or whatever it was I read would be a nice
touch imho

for a company gonna dump a product in the middle of July they are awful quiet on here imho...maybe they are gonna offer more hash or cloud mining I just hope it is some kinda
good news (please delivery end of june heh)

whatever I'll do fine in all this...but good intentions and such or not ...even though I like alpha..it is getting 'kinda' squeaky here and about imho...got that itchy feeling between
the shoulder blades..don't ya know  (and crap in my scrypt mining world..the vyper is a side note....people who really need/want the product must be freaking the way I'm freaking
on the Titan) anyway it is all relative to where you are at in all this mining/btc/ltc or whatever stuff we are all into!

so it goes

Searing
Activity: 433
Ah, I'd heard if the Titans were late they'd make the same deal with them. If that's not the case, then I stand adjusted. I don't foresee them being late because KNC needs the Batch 1 people to be happy, so they can crowdsource more funds for themselves. I agree, things have gotten mangled over there, but they're still the best bet for heavy-hitting gear.
The KNC batch 2 announcement has really done it for me. One 3rd less price ($6995 & $3795), one 3rd more power(200mh/s & 400mh/s) and delivery one month after batch one. Thanks KNC, for taking a big steaming dump on your batch one investors.

It seems to me KNC are the least ugly girl in a room full of three bag mingers. I may take one home at the end of the night, but I'll probably regret it in the morning.

But if KNC is the least ugly girl, Alpha is the dribbling snot nosed one in the corner. She could turn out to be the ride of your life but I'm not going to be the one to find out.
KNC tapeout news

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-93

If KNC's other developments are anything to go by they are about 90 days away from getting their chips.
If Alpha are banning people from their forums for posting this they must be in big trouble.

They way the diff is rising ROI is looking pretty slim for both these products.

Well KNC is offering more hash equipment and deals for their Batch 1 and 2 customers to help compensate in that area, from what I heard, so for KNC folks getting 1 or 2 machines more than they ordered, that's not so bad. This was brought up to Sam and Cole, and they promised more hash/gear, on their forum and through an email someone posted.

If that's the case, i absolutely wouldn't be concerned for KNC customers. Even if it's not the case, they're still getting a stout setup with a discount on their next order. ROI on any gear in this industry is a game of razor-thin margins. And if the past 12 months have been any indicator, a lot of those batch 1 orders will hit ebay with 4-10x markups, and be sold without issue.

what you say is true however it applies to 'bitcoin miners' the Neptune. 2 for 1 deal stuff.....there is nothing in the works that i know of for the scypt miner Titan indeed...the 1st batch titan folks were told they are getting 300mh where as the 2nd batch titans will ship 1 month later for 400mh you could make a case that at 3k less $$$ the 2nd batch may ROI before the 1st batch titans...things are in disarray over at KNC too imho.....it usually takes 9 months imho for an asic mnfg ..even if good intentions to fall on their face.....power corrupts i guess.

Searing

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
KNC tapeout news

If KNC's other developments are anything to go by they are about 90 days away from getting their chips.
If Alpha are banning people from their forums for posting this they must be in big trouble.

Well KNC is offering more hash equipment and deals for their Batch 1 and 2 customers to help compensate in that area, from what I heard, so for KNC folks getting 1 or 2 machines more than they ordered, that's not so bad. This was brought up to Sam and Cole, and they promised more hash/gear, on their forum and through an email someone posted.

If that's the case, i absolutely wouldn't be concerned for KNC customers. Even if it's not the case, they're still getting a stout setup with a discount on their next order. ROI on any gear in this industry is a game of razor-thin margins. And if the past 12 months have been any indicator, a lot of those batch 1 orders will hit ebay with 4-10x markups, and be sold without issue.

what you say is true however it applies to 'bitcoin miners' the Neptune. 2 for 1 deal stuff.....there is nothing in the works that i know of for the scypt miner Titan indeed...the 1st batch titan folks were told they are getting 300mh where as the 2nd batch titans will ship 1 month later for 400mh you could make a case that at 3k less $$$ the 2nd batch may ROI before the 1st batch titans...things are in disarray over at KNC too imho.....it usually takes 9 months imho for an asic mnfg ..even if good intentions to fall on their face.....power corrupts i guess.

Searing
KNC tapeout news

Over a week, and 1 day past the due date (I believe), and AT's PR/customer-relations is still out to lunch. That always provides a warm fuzzy feeling.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
hold for what? the only use of BTC these days is "hold" hehehe

black market can be done using any coin, and of all the cryptos BTC is probably one of the worst in terms of functions and features. dream on boy...

Says the newbie with 4 posts to the Hero member with 924 activity  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin can be used for a lot more than just holding - no altcoin is even close to being as widely accepted as bitcoin at this stage.
Activity: 77
hold for what? the only use of BTC these days is "hold" hehehe

black market can be done using any coin, and of all the cryptos BTC is probably one of the worst in terms of functions and features. dream on boy...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I still have not paid my 2/3 balance for the 250Mhs unit.
Do you think I can get a "full" refund at this moment?

I got a refund from Alpha-T for my order (paid in January) on PayPal the other day, half the deposit - £70 handling fee.
I rather that than wasting another £5000 on a miner that may or may not get you much money.
If I would invest that £5000 in BTC today I will most definitely make a much better return than going ahead with my order.

And this ^ is what will drive the BTC price up.

As well as new businesses accepting it...the miners who want out of the arms race to just buy and HODL!
Activity: 80
Well, luckly i still didn't pay the Viper.
Activity: 266
we need real info... that's it

alpha you are NOT providing us real info, why?
Activity: 433
KNC tapeout news

I have no trust in a company that chooses to delete my post on their company forum when the topic started was....

Subject: KNC Tapeout Achieved ***gulp***
Body: The race is on.

It was meant to encourage a healthy debate and gentle reminder about their claim to be first to deliver. As far as I can tell Alpha are yet to tapeout and have no experience of large scale manufacturing / build process.

I'm not sure they'd be so bold as to make the same claims currently!

Either way deleting a post and removing me from their forums has only swayed me away from them and the product which I doubt will be on the ground until late August at the earliest.

Good luck all, and to Fiaz and the team, stuff you, stuff your forum, you may be able to ban me from your site, but you cannot stop me from posting on here, pathetic behaviour.

Activity: 350

i mean that if they ship in july we'll break even in less than 20 days. Maybe you are forgetting that we can mine every scrypt coin, not only LTC and at the moment, the most profitable is Neocoin (NEC) with a profit per day of $482.87.

And this without suppose that BTC will raise in next days.

LOL @ ROI in 20 days.  Neocoin?  The reason neocoin has been at the top of the chart and not hammered by multipools is because A.  in excess of 50% orphan rate means you are getting half the coins you should be getting and B.  No exchange is taking neocoin deposits meaning you can't sell it.  The way difficulty is calculated on these coins no coin is going to return much higher than LTC.  LTC was just a week ago 7455 and is now 9116.  I haven't checked recently but last estimate I saw for next difficulty was close to 11k.  Where do you think it will be in August, if this thing even ships on time?  No one knows for sure but we are pace for around 35k which at the current market rate is about 80 dollars a day.  Oh right, they probably forgot to mention that when a manufacturer says July, you start thinking July first.  They mean July 31, meaning this thing is 2 months away AT BEST.  And yes BTC is going up in value but LTC is going down....
And of course no preorder yet has EVER shipped out on time and at spec and these guys look shady as hell....Of course, do what you want.  Me?  You could give me one of these preorders for FREE and I wouldn't make the balloon payment....
Jump to: