Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 192. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Asked for a refund two weeks ago, got half of the money a week later via paypal. If everything works perfect and they ship at the end of july and knc ships nothing, you should break even at the end of september. But in real life it never works perfectly..  Wink

really? i think you are wrong instead..

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256hr=1.00&sha256p=100.00&sha256pc=0.1000&scrypthr=250000&scryptp=1825&scryptpc=0.20&scryptnhr=450.00&
scryptnp=500.00&scryptnpc=0.1000&x11hr=3000.00&x11p=500.00&x11pc=0.1000&keccakhr=500.00&keccakp=500.00&keccakpc=0.1000&quarkhr=5000.00&quarkp=
500.00&quarkpc=0.1000&groestlhr=10.00&groestlp=500.00&groestlpc=0.1000&sha256c=false&scryptc=true&scryptnc=false&x11c=false&keccakc=false&quarkc=fals
e&groestlc=false&e=Coinbase

What you mean?

i mean that if they ship in july we'll break even in less than 20 days. Maybe you are forgetting that we can mine every scrypt coin, not only LTC and at the moment, the most profitable is Neocoin (NEC) with a profit per day of $482.87.

And this without suppose that BTC will raise in next days.

Do you know the parameter "coin difficulty"?
Hope you can redo the calculations with the below.
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator.php

i know it very well.
And i should believe a website where is written Alpha_Viper_scrypt_90_Mh Estimate delivery Sep-15-2014 ??
c'mon..

ROI in infinity if you consider coin difficulty. And coin price increase may or may not match, that's the risk. Again ROI is a prob at this price.

Of course there is a risk, but all we knew that from January. I still think alpha scrypt miner is profitable.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Asked for a refund two weeks ago, got half of the money a week later via paypal. If everything works perfect and they ship at the end of july and knc ships nothing, you should break even at the end of september. But in real life it never works perfectly..  Wink

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256hr=1.00&sha256p=100.00&sha256pc=0.1000&scrypthr=250000&scryptp=1825&scryptpc=0.20&scryptnhr=450.00&
scryptnp=500.00&scryptnpc=0.1000&x11hr=3000.00&x11p=500.00&x11pc=0.1000&keccakhr=500.00&keccakp=500.00&keccakpc=0.1000&quarkhr=5000.00&quarkp=
500.00&quarkpc=0.1000&groestlhr=10.00&groestlp=500.00&groestlpc=0.1000&sha256c=false&scryptc=true&scryptnc=false&x11c=false&keccakc=false&quarkc=fals

What you mean?

i mean that if they ship in july we'll break even in less than 20 days. Maybe you are forgetting that we can mine every scrypt coin, not only LTC and at the moment, the most profitable is Neocoin (NEC) with a profit per day of $482.87.

i know it very well.
And i should believe a website where is written Alpha_Viper_scrypt_90_Mh Estimate delivery Sep-15-2014 ??
c'mon..

ROI in infinity if you consider coin difficulty. And coin price increase may or may not match, that's the risk. Again ROI is a prob at this price.

What you mean?

i know it very well.
c'mon..

What you mean?

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256hr=1.00&sha256p=100.00&sha256pc=0.1000&scrypthr=250000&scryptp=1825
&scryptpc=0.20&scryptnhr=450.00&scryptnp=
500.00&scryptnpc=0.1000&x11hr=3000.00&x11p=500.00&x11pc=0.1000&keccakhr=500.00&keccakp=500.00&keccakpc=0.1000
&quarkhr=5000.00&quarkp=500.00&quarkpc=0.1000&groestlhr=10.00&groestlp=500.00&groestlpc=0.1000&sha256c=false&scrypt
c=true&scryptnc=false&x11c=false&keccakc=false&quarkc=false&groestlc=false&e=Coinbase

What you mean?
Activity: 92
Asked for a refund two weeks ago, got half of the money a week later via paypal. If everything works perfect and they ship at the end of july and knc ships nothing, you should break even at the end of september. But in real life it never works perfectly..  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
I still have not paid my 2/3 balance for the 250Mhs unit.
Do you think I can get a "full" refund at this moment?

I got a refund from Alpha-T for my order (paid in January) on PayPal the other day, half the deposit - £70 handling fee.
I rather that than wasting another £5000 on a miner that may or may not get you much money.
If I would invest that £5000 in BTC today I will most definitely make a much better return than going ahead with my order.

Activity: 64
what are accountants good at?

manufacturing asics: nope.

collecting money from people and filing for bankruptcy: yes.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
When I have the energy I'll post the long running saga I've had detailing the illegality of Alpha's refund position regarding consumers and my conversation with the UK Citizens Advice Bureau.

In the meantime, if you are not a business, I suggest you contact Alpha and explain to them you did not know they only sold to businesses as it is not in their terms and conditions. That you are an individual consumer therefore  your order should be voided.

This obviously puts them in a bear trap. If they refuse to void and refund your order they are knowingly selling to consumers therefore are liable to UK consumer law. If they void it you get a full refund. Either way a win/win.

Try this out and please post Alpha's response.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Having kept an eye on their stuff from day 1, they never stated their equipment was for business use only. They may have since changed their terms, but they made it very clear they were going after the consumer market. They even said so. If they were going after businesses, why would they be here? Why would they be targeting only consumers?

Looks like the lies and coverup are becoming overt. The picture is becoming more and more clear folks:

* Lack of customer support/PR presence (almost a week now)
* Terms of sale have changed
* Product features are being removed after paying for the devices
* Questionable timeline, with inquiries being dodged
* No working chip, and no likelihood of having one before July
* First batch of chips will be of varying quality, with no chance to re-run on a bad batch
* Specs changing wildly with no hardware to support their theories
* Haven't addressed the PSU / CE issues, which are significant issues
* Terms of refund changing
* Refund emails being ignored

Welcome to HashFast 2.0; Best of luck to you guys.

Very good points. My remaining amount is on "on-hold" status so I can't continue and pay the amount. I sent 10-20 mails about this, tweeted it no replies. Malik in the forums threat as if they are someone else and that I should resolve this "on-hold" issue with them.

I don't want to jinx it but seems like something's happening. I still don't believe that we've been scamed as it's foolish to not to take the remaining amount.

Btw, are there anyone else in same situation? The due date is very near...
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It will be tough to get what they owe you. I sent them an email regarding the fact that by law they should give consumers a full refund, this was their reply:

Hello there,

You are not classed as a consumer to us. Our devices are sold and are classed for business use, cryptocurrency mining earnings in the UK is classed as income and is taxable, our units are used purely for mining, therefore every customer is classed as a business-user. It is your duty to register as a business and class your mining earnings from our devices to the relevant governing bodies. As we are selling for business use only therefore our terms of conditions are what you have to comply by as you accepted before you ordered. It is irrelevant if your order is replaced or not.

Regards

Alpha Technology Team

They never told me only businesses should buy their devices. They also never asked for any company information. So I think this is complete rubbish, but the question is will you lawyer up for it?

Having kept an eye on their stuff from day 1, they never stated their equipment was for business use only. They may have since changed their terms, but they made it very clear they were going after the consumer market. They even said so. If they were going after businesses, why would they be here? Why would they be targeting only consumers?

Looks like the lies and coverup are becoming overt. The picture is becoming more and more clear folks:

* Lack of customer support/PR presence (almost a week now)
* Terms of sale have changed
* Product features are being removed after paying for the devices
* Questionable timeline, with inquiries being dodged
* No working chip, and no likelihood of having one before July
* First batch of chips will be of varying quality, with no chance to re-run on a bad batch
* Specs changing wildly with no hardware to support their theories
* Haven't addressed the PSU / CE issues, which are significant issues
* Terms of refund changing
* Refund emails being ignored

Welcome to HashFast 2.0; Best of luck to you guys.
Activity: 420

It will be tough to get what they owe you. I sent them an email regarding the fact that by law they should give consumers a full refund, this was their reply:

Hello there,

You are not classed as a consumer to us. Our devices are sold and are classed for business use, cryptocurrency mining earnings in the UK is classed as income and is taxable, our units are used purely for mining, therefore every customer is classed as a business-user. It is your duty to register as a business and class your mining earnings from our devices to the relevant governing bodies. As we are selling for business use only therefore our terms of conditions are what you have to comply by as you accepted before you ordered. It is irrelevant if your order is replaced or not.

Regards

Alpha Technology Team

They never told me only businesses should buy their devices. They also never asked for any company information. So I think this is complete rubbish, but the question is will you lawyer up for it?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

It's starting to smell like HashFast all over again.

Yeah I feel sorry for all those KNCminer buyers.  Hashfast was denying bankruptcy all the way to a week before filing.  I think KNCminer still have about 30 days.  They gotta crank those Neptunes out so they doing go completely underwater.  Mine on them for about 30 days to recoup some of their losses and then send them used to the customers.

Uh dude, I was talking about AlphaTec, not KNC. AT is starting to smell like HF. Refer to retro's post below about BTC wallets, KNC is L O A D E D.

Yeah I feel sorry for all those KNCminer buyers.  Hashfast was denying bankruptcy all the way to a week before filing.  I think KNCminer still have about 30 days.  They gotta crank those Neptunes out so they doing go completely underwater.  Mine on them for about 30 days to recoup some of their losses and then send them used to the customers.
Dude has your account been hacked? You were posting some intelligent stuff here a few days ago. Now you're trying to tell the good folks here KNC has 30 days before they go bankrupt? C'mon man you can do better than that.

KNC have MILLIONS in BTC and USD. They could settle a lawsuit at any time. On 2nd of May Forum member Merv77 found 2 BTC wallets linked to them with over 43000 btc, about $25 million usd. I've heard estimates they are making $15 million a month from mining alone.

They have plenty of capital for R&D, refunds AND the co development of Titan and Neptune. Comparing KNC to Hashfast is just a joke. Hashfast's CEO said in May they were "As poor as a church mouse". KNC on the other hand are as rich as Croesus.

This is just FUD pure and simple.

Absolutely agree with this post.

+1
Activity: 433

I would agree they totally need to respond to customers, but that post is the guys first post.
Isn't that a bit strange, never even joined here before and suddenly this?
No screenshot of his order or email, nothing?

I'm on the customers side, but can't just accept the odd badmouth of a company.
There have been plenty of first post newbies lighting up this thread in favor of Alpha, so I wouldn't write this guy off just yet. Alpha have so far been pretty good when it comes to refunds so maybe he's just unlucky. He's been given another contact email for Alpha so I'd wait a few days before calling this one in.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

I would agree they totally need to respond to customers, but that post is the guys first post.
Isn't that a bit strange, never even joined here before and suddenly this?
No screenshot of his order or email, nothing?

I'm on the customers side, but can't just accept the odd badmouth of a company.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Uh dude, I was talking about AlphaTec, not KNC. AT is starting to smell like HF. Refer to retro's post below about BTC wallets, KNC is L O A D E D.

Dude has your account been hacked? You were posting some intelligent stuff here a few days ago. Now you're trying to tell the good folks here KNC has 30 days before they go bankrupt? C'mon man you can do better than that.

KNC have MILLIONS in BTC and USD. They could settle a lawsuit at any time. On 2nd of May Forum member Merv77 found 2 BTC wallets linked to them with over 43000 btc, about $25 million usd. I've heard estimates they are making $15 million a month from mining alone.

They have plenty of capital for R&D, refunds AND the co development of Titan and Neptune. Comparing KNC to Hashfast is just a joke. Hashfast's CEO said in May they were "As poor as a church mouse". KNC on the other hand are as rich as Croesus.

This is just FUD pure and simple.

Absolutely agree with this post.
Jump to: