Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 215. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Do you guys expect the price of (classic)scrypt-based coins to increase or decrease relative to bitcoin after they get flooded with asics?
Huh? $6k 5mhs..... I don't think that's really competitive with GPUs.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
Do you guys expect the price of (classic)scrypt-based coins to increase or decrease relative to bitcoin after they get flooded with asics?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
So which scrypt coins will get raped first? Litecoin and dogecoin? Both are pretty stuck-up, so don't expect much much resistance from devs. All other coins I see moving to scrypt-jane or n-scrypt right away. Coingen.io generated coins are fucked. I won't name you but you know who you are!

There is a list, you don't need to name them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Maybe thats why there's this rush of fast PoW, then PoS coins the last few weeks.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
So which scrypt coins will get raped first? Litecoin and dogecoin? Both are pretty stuck-up, so don't expect much much resistance from devs. All other coins I see moving to scrypt-jane or n-scrypt right away. Coingen.io generated coins are fucked. I won't name you but you know who you are!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
seems pretty quiet in here guys... shhhhh... wait a second... no! Still quiet.

Fiaz,

A few questions.

Can someone sell his preorder and will you change the email and log in info to accommodate a sale like that?

What are the target speeds were looking at today, its been a while since you first posted about the speeds and I know were looking at beating the first target speeds. Any clue as to how much extra MHs we could be looking at?

Thanks.

Hey! So in terms of the pre-order, the customer would have to email [email protected] to request this

And as far as speeds at the moment we are looking at up to 20% increase in hash rate.

Thanks for clearing that up. Should we be expecting a formal update any time soon?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
seems pretty quiet in here guys... shhhhh... wait a second... no! Still quiet.

Fiaz,

A few questions.

Can someone sell his preorder and will you change the email and log in info to accommodate a sale like that?

What are the target speeds were looking at today, its been a while since you first posted about the speeds and I know were looking at beating the first target speeds. Any clue as to how much extra MHs we could be looking at?

Thanks.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Hi,

Wanting to sell my pre-order.

Deal is:
1. You pay me $2000 now (US that is). This will cover the 30% i paid + my profit.
2. I transfer ownership to you (you help me with the language for Alpha-t to understand)
3. Basically from this point onwards the deal is yours, you pay the 70% and you inform Alpha-t of who and where you are and you pay shipping and customs etc.

PM me if interested.

Just to clarify this is about the 5MHs unit.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
will i be able to mine doge with this? and any scrypt coin?
Any Scrypt coin.

Scrypt-jane and other scrypt derivatives probably will not work.

Indeed, you can only mine Scrypt algoritm based coins (such as Litecoin, TagCoin, Dogecoin, DigitalCoin) and not Scrypt Jane algoritm based coins (such as MicroCoin, QQcoin and AppleCoin) with the announced devices.

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
Any Scrypt coin.

Scrypt-jane and other scrypt derivatives probably will not work.
legendary
Activity: 1274
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Hello fellow miners, I am a cryptocurrency entrepreneur from Colorado.

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

thanks for your services in this in advance

Searing

I don't think it is fair nor do I think you are speaking for "most" people as you put it regarding refunds.
To expect something working 45 days after you put down a deposit, when all they had was a road map and a basic design shown operating in an fpga, is a bit far fetched.
I do look forward to a working prototype (for sure before Alpha Technology asks for the remaining money!) but 45 days from order is a bit much. I'm not sure KNC
even had a working model when they first took orders and they are the GOLD standard. (Not that that matters, but it is worth saying).
We are in a good situation only having put down a reasonable amount of money, when you consider we will need to see a working model before giving the rest.
And again, who showed a working ASIC model so soon? There might be one, but I know many didn't.

IAS

So how is your TA doin?  I got my $14 LTC.  Did you get any or are you still HODLing?

I honestly bought my LTC at $3, was lucky, just wanted to diversify, wasn't in it to profit, but I did. I got my bitcoin at 150 or so, sold some to pay off my initial investment at 750 and 800 and now I'm sitting on free BTC (so to speak). I'm done trading, the time was just too much. I will use TA to add on dips to pick up fractions of BTC here and there, lol.
So, my TA is, or was doing quite well.  Grin

Regarding the KNC comparison, fair enough, but Alpha Tech has, what looks like now, the 2nd Scrypt ASIC to come, or that will come out. Much more difficult as the designs aren't open source (not that all the SHA256 are, but there is a base from which to work. Hopefully Alpha makes it. They are looking legit to me, that is no longer a concern.

Since Gridseed did it, hopefully Alpha can to, but Gridseed is Super expensive, guess we missed the initial entry there. I still could have tried, as I noticed it,
but no "CE" symbol on their chips would have them sent back at German customs to country of origin (if stopped - not a chance worth taking). Rather go the legit route.

Searing, you weren't just saying you "could" return in 45 days you said "most" would. That is what I called you out on. But thanks for the further information, always good to know our rights.

IAS

I want asking about your old stakes ta from a few months back. I stated an opinion on where btc and ltc were going and you attacked it assuming it wasn't backed by ta and your ta showed it is in  an  uptrend. The long term uptrend was broken and needs to be established again.  So as  you point out you long term buy and hold (ta?)  is working for you but your actual ta did not show you an intermediate trading opportunity. It could be the result of ownership bias. You are invested in the market and that can cloud judgement. You need to clear your mind off the fact you are an existing owner of coins. Create another account to trade with and lock your buy and hold coins in cold storage away from exchange access. If keeps your trading sharp.

And how am I to know that you are talking about a few months ago? LOL
Like I said, I'm not longer trading as it just isn't worth my time. Yes, I feel I'm good enough to make more trading than holding, but it just isn't worth the 20 hours a week I was spending!
If you find the post and PM me with it, perhaps I can give a fair reply, but it sounds like you are holding onto something that I have no recollection of. I hope you don't hold it against me.  Wink
I don't deny being invested clouds judgment. We are all subjective creatures, very hard to see out of our reality tunnels.

All the best,
Its about sharing
Activity: 714

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

Searing

I don't think it is fair nor do I think you are speaking for "most" people as you put it regarding refunds.
To expect something working 45 days after you put down a deposit, when all they had was a road map and a basic design shown operating in an fpga, is a bit far fetched.
I do look forward to a working prototype (for sure before Alpha Technology asks for the remaining money!) but 45 days from order is a bit much. I'm not sure KNC
even had a working model when they first took orders and they are the GOLD standard. (Not that that matters, but it is worth saying).
We are in a good situation only having put down a reasonable amount of money, when you consider we will need to see a working model before giving the rest.
And again, who showed a working ASIC model so soon? There might be one, but I know many didn't.

IAS

So how is your TA doin?  I got my $14 LTC.  Did you get any or are you still HODLing?

I honestly bought my LTC at $3, was lucky, just wanted to diversify, wasn't in it to profit, but I did. I got my bitcoin at 150 or so, sold some to pay off my initial investment at 750 and 800 and now I'm sitting on free BTC (so to speak). I'm done trading, the time was just too much. I will use TA to add on dips to pick up fractions of BTC here and there, lol.

Regarding the KNC comparison, fair enough, but Alpha Tech has, what looks like now, the 2nd Scrypt ASIC to come, or that will come out. Much more difficult as the designs aren't open source (not that all the SHA256 are, but there is a base from which to work. Hopefully Alpha makes it. They are looking legit to me, that is no longer a concern.

Since Gridseed did it, hopefully Alpha can to, but Gridseed is Super expensive, guess we missed the initial entry there. I still could have tried, as I noticed it,
but no "CE" symbol on their chips would have them sent back at German customs to country of origin (if stopped - not a chance worth taking). Rather go the legit route.

Searing, you weren't just saying you "could" return in 45 days you said "most" would. That is what I called you out on. But thanks for the further information, always good to know our rights.

IAS

I want asking about your old stakes ta from a few months back. I stated an opinion on where btc and ltc were going and you attacked it assuming it wasn't backed by ta and your ta showed it is in  an  uptrend. The long term uptrend was broken and needs to be established again.  So as  you point out you long term buy and hold (ta?)  is working for you but your actual ta did not show you an intermediate trading opportunity. It could be the result of ownership bias. You are invested in the market and that can cloud judgement. You need to clear your mind off the fact you are an existing owner of coins. Create another account to trade with and lock your buy and hold coins in cold storage away from exchange access. If keeps your trading sharp.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

Searing

IAS

IAS

point taken..but i think most would in the sense unless we see some video of some kind..even knc had some video and independent press interviews..tours of the plant...here is where such in such is gonna go that kinda thing ...so far alpha has to the best of my knowledge showed us the office couch more or less

they need to step it up put some video up and some people behind the product...sure most of us probably think it is not a scam..but that don't mean we should not ask to see or just plain ask what they are up too

thus my beef...so far it looks like me and my buddy with a friend that can make us a chip in india.....all well and good ...but should look a little better then me and my friend slapping stuff together and informing folk

this is not to be harsh...but come on this is all we are getting so far for our 1/3 investment?

Searing
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Searing

IAS

IAS
Activity: 770
So...... How is the transparency coming along?

Searing

IAS

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

Searing

IAS

knc had a prototype MARS a proof of concept machine and other stuff within the 45 days.....interviews with reporters looking the plant over that kinda thing

an't too much to ask they don't have to be shy

just saying if you got cold feet you can yank with paypal  credit card option 45 days ..they can't keep 20 percent as their FAQ states.....with amex I have 60 days..but
likely if still nothing to show even a hopeful video with a white board and such...will likely punt

I don't think they are a scam..but don't want to wait till nov 2014 either

Searing

Searing

IAS

Gridseed. They didn't start taking orders until they actually had a product to ship. They are the gold standard.
Jump to: