Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 216. (Read 529054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Hello fellow miners, I am a cryptocurrency entrepreneur from Colorado.

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

thanks for your services in this in advance

Searing

I don't think it is fair nor do I think you are speaking for "most" people as you put it regarding refunds.
To expect something working 45 days after you put down a deposit, when all they had was a road map and a basic design shown operating in an fpga, is a bit far fetched.
I do look forward to a working prototype (for sure before Alpha Technology asks for the remaining money!) but 45 days from order is a bit much. I'm not sure KNC
even had a working model when they first took orders and they are the GOLD standard. (Not that that matters, but it is worth saying).
We are in a good situation only having put down a reasonable amount of money, when you consider we will need to see a working model before giving the rest.
And again, who showed a working ASIC model so soon? There might be one, but I know many didn't.

IAS
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be $10.  No one will be mining it as it will be unprofitable for GPUs  so only ASICs will be mining it and they will all be dumping the coin to get their ROI back.  So I see LTC market collapsing.

Actually, both BTC and LTC are still in large triangle formations, formed out of an up movement.  That says, in the next few months there will be a HUGE breakout to the upside.
Now, the TA may be wrong but at least there is something to that, unlike your personal opinion backed by nothing. (And pessimistic too boot).
Your guess may be right, but my money is on the TA side of things.

Wait and see, but thanks for your care in this matter.  Grin

Its about sharing

So how's you TA doing?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

thanks for your services in this in advance

Searing
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So is this company legit or what?

I want to hear from people that have done research.

It is legit.  They are working with a know fabricator.  BUt I only question their competency.  I believe they are the owners of an ASIC design that was sold to them and they only know enough to understand the design.  There has been no report of any experience in FPGA and ASIC design or engineering previous to this.

They have been hyping expectations but do not realize that they are working with a company that is new to the 20nm ASIC market and are trying to make a name for themselves.  They also have not cautioned anyone on the potential that the fabrication process can be prone to errors and chip quality can vary.

Will they accept ASIC chips with quality lower than 70% and just pass that on to their buyers or will they promote high quality and reject chips of poor quality at the cost of their profits, and or result in delaying shipping as a result.

So it is not if they are legit or a scam.  It is what will happen when their backs are to the wall, will they put out bad products or will they focus on quality over profit margin.

Exactly what I needed to hear.  So it seems then it may take quite some time.  Well said and Thank you Cheesy

It is legit.  They are working with a know fabricator.  BUt I only question their competency.  I believe they are the owners of an ASIC design that was sold to them and they only know enough to understand the design.  There has been no report of any experience in FPGA and ASIC design or engineering previous to this.

They have been hyping expectations but do not realize that they are working with a company that is new to the 20nm ASIC market and are trying to make a name for themselves.  They also have not cautioned anyone on the potential that the fabrication process can be prone to errors and chip quality can vary.

Will they accept ASIC chips with quality lower than 70% and just pass that on to their buyers or will they promote high quality and reject chips of poor quality at the cost of their profits, and or result in delaying shipping as a result.

So it is not if they are legit or a scam.  It is what will happen when their backs are to the wall, will they put out bad products or will they focus on quality over profit margin.

by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be $10.  No one will be mining it as it will be unprofitable for GPUs  so only ASICs will be mining it and they will all be dumping the coin to get their ROI back.  So I see LTC market collapsing.

Actually, both BTC and LTC are still in large triangle formations, formed out of an up movement.  That says, in the next few months there will be a HUGE breakout to the upside.
Now, the TA may be wrong but at least there is something to that, unlike your personal opinion backed by nothing. (And pessimistic too boot).

Its about sharing

Yes a triangle formation that has a down trend with a stepper angle than the uptrend.  Meaning that the uptrend has a high probability of being broken.  Especially since thee uptrend did go parabolic. 

Your TA is fine but it isn't complete.  Right now BTC and LTC are trading on the support of that uptrend line.  The speed of the decline will result in a break of that uptrend and a new upward trend will have to be resolved.

I'm not pessimistic about BTC or LTC.  I do expect longer term it will be higher but by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be difficult to profit on.  I expect many of them will be on sale on ebay.
Activity: 756
I just wait, until this Asic Miners are tested from somebody trusted  Cheesy

Dont trust preordering Sites

Thanks for adding that to the conversation...  Huh
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
I just wait, until this Asic Miners are tested from somebody trusted  Cheesy

Dont trust preordering Sites
legendary
Antifragile

Its about sharing
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
trolls are trolling
miners are mining
ASIC unfriendly scrypt is moving to more ASIC resistant algoritm
and noobs are... preordering...

Many polls running to hard fork many scrypt currencies to be ASIC resistant again. Or just let them to die and move to really resistant currencies for people and not for ASIC producers mining for peoples money.

heh I resemble that remark....(noobs are...preordering) er wait ...I pre-ordered from BFL burnt ...KNC big win ...alpha tech (if this works by odds/evens/odds I'm sooooo screwed)

ah......I likely need a support group to break this pre-order habit.........

but then again I'm young again NOOB group.....(kicked back to the curb again)

Searing
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
My statement is no answer. Its a fact. Scrypt was developed to be ASIC resistant. The question is maybe how the market will behave since the ASIC threat will definitelly get real.

I'm personally now making some good profit thank to you and scrypt-ASIC threat. People buying VTC, UTC and another currencies resistant to scrypt-ASIC. As a miner of these coins i am very satisfied with ASIC-scrypt development and possibility of real launch of your products...
legendary
Antifragile
trolls are trolling
miners are mining

Many polls running to hard fork many scrypt currencies to be ASIC resistant again. Or just let them to die and move to really resistant currencies for people and not for ASIC producers mining for peoples money.

What is the purpose of Cryptocoins? To make you money? Security in a purchase?
They do not exist to secure a miners investment in a product, be it a CPU, GPU or even an ASIC.
They exist to better our money system and our lives. And the experiment is just starting.
To talk about what is best at this point is pure conjecture, no one knows. And may the best Cryptos win.

The experiment should involve anything and everything to find which Cryptos can withstand the most.
Changing algorithms might be a valid way to avoid ASIC's but does it help the coin? I don't believe so as ASIC's entering the scene strengthen the network.
It is hard to say at this point what is best, but even Litcoins creator, Charlie Lee said ASIC's for LTC are coming and is not a bad thing.

If something came out better than my Bitcoin ASIC and rendered what I have useless, then so be it, as long as the network is stronger and it benefits people, than that is the point.
Its about sharing

Nope.

LTC and scrypt in general were introduced to be ASIC resistant. This is the main reason of their existance. So it seems legit that the community is now trying to keep them ASIC resistant. Thats all.

Your English is simplifying an issue that none of us really know the answer to. How can you speak with such certainty?
Even Charlie Lee said ASIC's are coming.

Time will tell, not you.
trolls are trolling
miners are mining

They do not exist to secure a miners investment in a product, be it a CPU, GPU or even an ASIC.
They exist to better our money system and our lives. And the experiment is just starting.
To talk about what is best at this point is pure conjecture, no one knows. And may the best Cryptos win.

The experiment should involve anything and everything to find which Cryptos can withstand the most.
Changing algorithms might be a valid way to avoid ASIC's but does it help the coin? I don't believe so as ASIC's entering the scene strengthen the network.
It is hard to say at this point what is best, but even Litcoins creator, Charlie Lee said ASIC's for LTC are coming and is not a bad thing.

If something came out better than my Bitcoin ASIC and rendered what I have useless, then so be it, as long as the network is stronger and it benefits people, than that is the point.
Its about sharing

Nope.

LTC and scrypt in general were introduced to be ASIC resistant. This is the main reason of their existance. So it seems legit that the community is now trying to keep them ASIC resistant. Thats all.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 826
People will just make new coins that are resistant to this shit. Better hope that Litecoin does well, I guess.
What is the road map.  It should be on the first post, I shouldn't have to look through 40 pages to find it.
legendary
Antifragile
trolls are trolling
miners are mining

Its about sharing
trolls are trolling
miners are mining

Jump to: