Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 225. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Yeah who cares about these butthurt babies and their lost nothing worthless couple grand, its not like they would use it on their kids or food or rent. Bunch of whining serfs dont need that much food/shelter/clothing.

if you can barley afford food /shelter/clothing then you should not be trying to invest money, SAVE money yes!!!.. invest... HELL NO!! I cant believe there are so many broke asses on this forum.

+++

It seems to me that anyone desperate enough to buy into pre-order mining equipment but who has difficulty paying for life's essentials (as highlighted above) also has the equivalent of a serious gambling addiction problem.

Don't buy this equipment because you intend to make millions.  Buy this equipment as part of the experiment, as a risk with whatever you may lose, as a learning experience, and to generally support various facets of the crypto revolution.

LOL< so true, I dont understand people like that, there on the forums all day looking for a "loan" so they can get into mining..hahahah... mining costs money and has just as many if not more risks than just buying the coins and HODLing them.

Yes, it's gambling. They think they're going to win, and therefore justify the purchase. I am always very careful to only spend what I can afford and what I am prepared to lose. So far my spend is only in the hundreds of pounds in hardware, and thankfully I'm looking to make that back.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
I only hope they give future preference to first batch customers.  Grin

I'm sure they will, it only makes sense!
Activity: 574
This timeline, if it is genuine, makes them a more transparent operation than any other mining operation I am familiar with. They are trying to build trust I think, and as far as I'm concerned, are making the right PR decisions. I only hope they give future preference to first batch customers.  Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Here is a very detailed timeline, looking good so far

https://alpha-t.net/news/timeline/
legendary

Yeah who cares about these butthurt babies and their lost nothing worthless couple grand, its not like they would use it on their kids or food or rent. Bunch of whining serfs dont need that much food/shelter/clothing.

if you can barley afford food /shelter/clothing then you should not be trying to invest money, SAVE money yes!!!.. invest... HELL NO!! I cant believe there are so many broke asses on this forum.

+++

It seems to me that anyone desperate enough to buy into pre-order mining equipment but who has difficulty paying for life's essentials (as highlighted above) also has the equivalent of a serious gambling addiction problem.

Don't buy this equipment because you intend to make millions.  Buy this equipment as part of the experiment, as a risk with whatever you may lose, as a learning experience, and to generally support various facets of the crypto revolution.

LOL< so true, I dont understand people like that, there on the forums all day looking for a "loan" so they can get into mining..hahahah... mining costs money and has just as many if not more risks than just buying the coins and HODLing them.
Activity: 16

+++

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
There are two possible scenarios.
A) You will be scammed
B) They will delever the miners
Either scenario you guys are screwed.

A) speaks for itself
B) With the 30% you guys paid they will develop the ASICS (which will take months) and ofcourse mine with them before selling.
So by the time they deliver it, Q3 2014 if im optimistic, the difficulty will rise to that level, the profit then won't be worth the cash invested.
Better of buying 100's of litecoins!
NoHate
Activity: 616
Do you guys think it is possible to earn your investment back with these miners? Of course the difficulty will be much higher by the time these miners are delivered to your doorstep.
I found two interesting articles about it:
http://www.ofnumbers.com/2014/01/06/should-you-buy-an-alpha-technology-asic-for-litecoin-mining/
http://www.robzon.pl/2013/12/alpha-technology-litecoin-miner.html

Opinions?

People need to stop spouting about how bad the difficulty will be. It hasn't risen that sharply over the past 3 months on most scrypt coins, and those are the months when GPUs were readily available. You're more likely to see difficulty rising a little moreso with the delivery of these.

GPUs are more rare than gold right now, drawing 2x MSRP in some cases. They're not constantly restoked like Dorito chips. It's quarterly on average, more frequent if the planets align.

The fact is, if you're serious about scrypt mining and don't hop onto the next generation of scrypt mining technology, you will slowly be left in the dust. Just like CPU/GPU miners of bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Videos are kinda terrible proof, there are hundreds of ways to fake them that work even on a hardware level. And working devices cant be shipped until the they have been fabricated. But yes I can understand the second one.
legendary
Do you guys think it is possible to earn your investment back with these miners? Of course the difficulty will be much higher by the time these miners are delivered to your doorstep.
http://www.ofnumbers.com/2014/01/06/should-you-buy-an-alpha-technology-asic-for-litecoin-mining/

Opinions?

Yes ROI is possible and quickly I presume!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Opinions?
legendary
But to find out if they will ever deliver you would still have to pay the 100% would you not?

Yes of course, but I wont be suckered into paying more without concrete proof that they can do what their claiming. eg: a working prototype shipped to a forum member, a youtube video with a working prototype ect.

I'm willing to risk a small amount as I got into Bitcoin early and have done quite well but I wont throw good money after bad, so lets hope they come through.
But to find out if they will ever deliver you would still have to pay the 100% would you not?
legendary
Minus the admin fee, and if they are going to deliver the price is the same. Why bother with a deposit then anyway?

Admin fee? please explain...

why bother with a deposit?? Well, I my friend am not the proud owner of a future telling crystal ball, I have no way of knowing if Alpha T is gonna come through and as such I'd rather risk a few grand or less and take my loss at 30% and not 100% if they turn out like BFL.
Minus the admin fee, and if they are going to deliver the price is the same. Why bother with a deposit then anyway?
legendary
Bunch of pessimistic, butthurt babies in this thread...

If you're questioning whether or not you should take the risk for financial reasons you probably should spend your money on groceries or diapers for your child.

+100

So true, were not talking about a lot of money here, I mean at most its a couple grand for a 25MHS rig.

Just a couple of grand? Am i missing something here?
After converting to USD, I come up with:

$8,910

That's a LOT of grand Wink

Yes but its only a 30% deposit for now, which comes out to a couple grand, if they show no working prototype I doubt anyone will spend the other 70%.

so yes, its just a couple grand were talking about here... if they have a working prototype.... then yes, it will be 9 grand, but your not risking 9 grand today.
Activity: 52

If you're questioning whether or not you should take the risk for financial reasons you probably should spend your money on groceries or diapers for your child.

+100

So true, were not talking about a lot of money here, I mean at most its a couple grand for a 25MHS rig.

Just a couple of grand? Am i missing something here?
After converting to USD, I come up with:

$8,910

That's a LOT of grand Wink
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

Thank you so much for your well thought out, nuanced contribution to this thread. The world is a better place with you in it.

Reminds me of the parents that would put something like this first while letting their kids go hungry or without diapers lol
Activity: 616
Looking at Alpha-t's website, specs for the 25 MHs miner, then looking at this:

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Engineering-Electronics/ASIC-based-scrypt-miner-for.html

Haha.. makes you wonder doesn't it?

I also wonder why, at the last minute, they changed the specs on their 25mh rig. They changed it to 1U which, thermally-speaking, is nearly impossible in the budget they specified, much less with constraints to the physical space.
legendary
Activity: 1050
unbelievable how many retards are still buying in to this pre-order scam LOL
Jump to: