Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 224. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
wts my preorder for 5mh/s viper.
Pm me for details.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Who is actually expecting to earn their investment back with these ASICs? If diff keeps rising you may never earn your investment back...

that's fine id rather pay 200w of hydro instead of 3500w for the same setup so for me it's a huge investment

yes that is the going concern.  there are a few chinese fabricators that have completed and mass produced fpgas over the last 3 months, hence the spike in diff.  gridseed has already developed and produced asic chips and released a beta sample.  they are mass producing chips and rigs are being manufactured for them this month.

so if you can't get your alpha-t until july diff will probably be at 10k by then.

I fully expect difficulty to increase towards 10000 soon(ish). At that point it would most likely level off for some time, as this is the point where GPU's are just barely profitable, so they'd keep on leaving the network while ASICs enter the scene.

ROI would be achieved in 5-6 months with LTC, maybe sooner if price goes up or with the odd altcoin. Of course, price drops would make it more difficulty.

The more interesting question: (How) are you going to mine when difficulty is 10k? Not at all? Or you get an ASIC?

I don't know how to answer your last question, I got 15 cards running and have no clue what I should do with them once the asics hit the market, I did order one from Alpha-T though, so at least I'll have a chance at batch 2
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Who is actually expecting to earn their investment back with these ASICs? If diff keeps rising you may never earn your investment back...

that's fine id rather pay 200w of hydro instead of 3500w for the same setup so for me it's a huge investment

yes that is the going concern.  there are a few chinese fabricators that have completed and mass produced fpgas over the last 3 months, hence the spike in diff.  gridseed has already developed and produced asic chips and released a beta sample.  they are mass producing chips and rigs are being manufactured for them this month.

so if you can't get your alpha-t until july diff will probably be at 10k by then.

I fully expect difficulty to increase towards 10000 soon(ish). At that point it would most likely level off for some time, as this is the point where GPU's are just barely profitable, so they'd keep on leaving the network while ASICs enter the scene.

ROI would be achieved in 5-6 months with LTC, maybe sooner if price goes up or with the odd altcoin. Of course, price drops would make it more difficulty.

The more interesting question: (How) are you going to mine when difficulty is 10k? Not at all? Or you get an ASIC?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

legendary

I'm not expecting a super sick roi, the only reason I ordered is to lock up a spot for the next ordering option once alpha t opens sale for its gen 2 chips.

Then I'll stock up and throw 100K there way.
legendary

No doubt, I have like 10K khs, and im paying hydro quebec up the ass, even with the sliding scale for between 0.05-0.09 cents per kwh, the hydro keeps killing me, I cant wait for these low power rigs to be delivered.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253

You nailed it brother!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Activity: 84
Activity: 574
Awesome move, to be more transparent here. Thanks!
Keep up the good work alpha-t!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Who missed out on the first batch and want to take a risk? I'll sell my pre-order for 2 BTC and going up as time goes on. (Yes, it can go down to zero if they fail, but that's why I took the risk.)

Terms of Deal: If you pay me, I change shipping address to your address, or if that is not allowed, I ship to you the day the miner arrives, and you also pay the remaining 70% and shipping costs.
Activity: 714
Does anybody else find this odd:

2 days for system assembly and testing

12 days for user manual

Also, does anybody ever go over to Dexcel Designs twitter handle?  They are constantly posting jobs, I think Dexcel is scrambling to find engineers to pull this off and currently doesn't have the manpower. 

What I find odd is their ability to achieve the density to put 5x the density of chips into a 1U server.  I can't imaging the temperature problems at that density and the ability to dissipate heat.  I think they will have a high failure rate.
Activity: 31
pre orders are closed anyway
Activity: 118
Does anybody else find this odd:

2 days for system assembly and testing

12 days for user manual

Also, does anybody ever go over to Dexcel Designs twitter handle?  They are constantly posting jobs, I think Dexcel is scrambling to find engineers to pull this off and currently doesn't have the manpower. 
There is SCAM written all over the place with this company.

I don't think anyone asked for your opinion with absolutely no evidence to back it up.  STFU kid.

amen to that.. kids these days
Activity: 756

I don't think anyone asked for your opinion with absolutely no evidence to back it up.  STFU kid.
Activity: 812

legendary
weird, according to this public documentation, "M. Akram & Co" used to be "MAC Accounting Solutions Limited" and was changed back in 2013. So how about that NEVER changed names?

M. Akram Co looks like the same company as MAC. Maybe it was a legal thing, but it's still the same people. I regularly see businesses in my country use a brand name consistently, but the company names are either different or change often.

Hi there, my name is Fiaz Malik and I work at Alpha Technology as the customer support manager, I have recently joined the litecointtalk forum and have decided to start posting here aswell. You are correct in this, Muhammad Akram Senior has been accounting at this establishment with the same trading name since 1986, he was previously a sole trader but due to his son joining the family business and his company growing there was recently a little change in the company name and structure, it is just a detail.

I will be posting more soon and will do my best to respond to you all, I look forward to discussing our project with you.

All the best,

Fiaz.

Welcome to our community Fiaz, I look forward to being able to talk with you here about any concerns that may arise during this process.

Good luck with the build!

Activity: 98
Jump to: