Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 223. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
This message is to all batch 1 customers, regarding you having preference in future releases. This will indeed be the case, you will all be given priority in subsequent batches and our future products. It is because of you that this has been made possible so thank you from everyone at Alpha Technology.

Regards,

Fiaz.

This is awesome to hear. Thank-you for responding to my inquiry on this.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
3 weeks on and no response to any email. Phone support no response When are you going to respond alpha as I have asked several times regarding units investments group activities meeting in person and others stuff and you are yet to respond to any of my questions. Guess you must be that business to ignore an investment opportunity to bring more people into buying equipment and getting things running quicker.

Hey I can't really answer your questions without knowing them. Your welcome to PM me.

Fiaz.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/youre_your.htm

Your over you are is common grammar mistake in UK.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
3 weeks on and no response to any email. Phone support no response When are you going to respond alpha as I have asked several times regarding units investments group activities meeting in person and others stuff and you are yet to respond to any of my questions. Guess you must be that business to ignore an investment opportunity to bring more people into buying equipment and getting things running quicker.

Hey I can't really answer your questions without knowing them. Your welcome to PM me.

Fiaz.

Well if you have been reading emails I sent over then you would be answering all my questions.

Questions that I asked in a number of email. Hope you can answer these.

• 1 Is it possible to come down to company location and see progress of units and a working prototype in working order.

• 2 Are you going to be doing any video progress of units showing details and outlines of work in progress and explain in detail of whats going on how things are working and what you want to do in the future as a business and what you want to provided the community for crypto currencies.

• 3 Would it be possible to pay on collection for units via pre ordering and say paying a holding fee for collection in person like 1% to 2% of unit and pay rest on collection..

• 4 What is the expected release date for units. As many people no longer do pre orders unless their within a matter of days or 1 to 2 weeks at most. This causes a lot of loss on earnings putting money in and getting no return. Is their going to be a compensation plan in place for adding extra hash to make up the loss like other company's have done. Or to provide refunds based on market price.

• 5 Are you dependent on pre-order funds coming in for your hardware to be manufactured and to be brought to market? Or do you have enough funds to make the hardware and then start selling?

5a Are you looking for investors to invest within your company? If so then what agreements and contracts do you have in place to be legally binding?

• 6 What relations did you serve back in 2013 with CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD as this company is now dissolved and yourself's have had a business name change into Alpha, what was the reasons behind this?

• 7 With regards to Terms of service and Point of sale. What guarantee do we have as a customer besides the 6 month guarantee after shipping. This is in terms of while waiting. If expected date has passed what refund polices do you have in place and what compensation will be given if any due to loss of keeping coin and and buying later at better market rates.

• 8 With regards to payment options. I see you accept Paypal and Bank transfer. Do you provide refunds if for say your target of release has passed and you are behind on release date would we as a customer get a refund.

Also regarding hardware and Paypal are you aware that if you are selling bitcoin mining machines or other related products to do with crypto currencies. Per their current Acceptable Use Policy for Money Service Businesses, PayPal may not be used to operate, business including the sale of bitcoins, bitcoin mining units, and other related bitcoin or related crypto products.

I had asked Paypal a while back selling computer equipment and if found to be related to crypto currencies it is against their TOS and POS. How are you different in accepting Paypal for payments do you have some sort of agreement in place with Paypal that is allowed to actually accept payments?

Now for some fun stuff.
  • Have you considered setting up a pool for people to mine on?
  • Have you considered to have an exchange platform for different crypto currencies?
  • Have you considered having a renting service to rent hash power like http://www.cex.io and have much better rates.
  • Do you plan on having an upgrade service for hardware to be upgraded with extra components like a cad system to slot extra units in or expatiation slots etc?

Thanks for taking the time in reading and hopefully answering my questions as I also know a lot of others are more than likely asking half of these questions but yet to post or are still unanswered..

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
This message is to all batch 1 customers, regarding you having preference in future releases. This will indeed be the case, you will all be given priority in subsequent batches and our future products. It is because of you that this has been made possible so thank you from everyone at Alpha Technology.

Regards,

Fiaz.

good news and thank you as I have two orders with you guys
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
There was some proposed scrypt miner thingie that did propose to control which coins you could mine somehow. Dunno if it was this one though.

-MarkM-
Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Some questions regarding the ASIC scrypts:
1. Since they will be connected to your Alpha Server, will they allow to solo minning? ...

What? Connected to Alpha server, like a pool?
Imagine the Viper is hashing with 100 MHash internally @ 300 W, Alpha Server is telling me that i only hash with 25 MHash. Nice Profit for them... on my power cost! This is an absolute NO-GO! Where did you read this?
Think about the Alpha server is down or they broke! the investment made is gone!

Why not make a connection to cgminer like always, or as an option everyone can choose...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

1. Updated Proof of work of the asic scrypts. Photos, videos, real working scrypts in pools, true tests which people can easily verify.

I am looking forward to alpha technology answering ^this^ question...
Activity: 308
Hey all, latest news:

Progress by our engineering partners has been picking up fast and a quick update for the week's end is as follows:

Engineering Update

-       ASIC design has been more optimized and frozen.

-       ASIC Synthesis & Physical design is going on. Tape out target end of march.

-       Provision for MBIST and boundary scan for DFT has been done.

-       Architecture of Mining Board design has been finalized and design has been started.

-       Sitara ARM AM335x Processor from TI for Host Board has been finalized and design has been initiated.

-       Provision of power consumption & temperature on the LCD display has been incorporated.

Mechanical Update

-       Eliminated switch from the enclosure. All the input and set up will be done through web pages just like a router.

-       Enclosure material will be of Aluminium.

-       Universal power supply has been identified for 5mh design.

-       5Mh box will be 1u but much smaller in size ( easy for transportation, likely half of 19” rack).

-       Power figures as of now are looking good

o    5Mh<=70 watts

o    25Mh<=300 watts

I really find this information very hard to believe
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Thank you for the information.

I think one of your first priorities right now should be to improve communitation and show that you are not scamming people.
From my point of view answering the following questions would really help, among a lot more questions which people has asked here before:

1. Updated Proof of work of the asic scrypts. Photos, videos, real working scrypts in pools, true tests which people can easily verify.
2. Photos and videos of the company, photos of all employeers, more detailed personal information of employers and other companies involved in the project. If you look at Space X company, they (Elong Musk) have a really nice way of communicating with people with a lot of interviews and videos online.
3. Adding a forum in your site will help to ask a lot of questions.

Some questions regarding the ASIC scrypts:
1. Since they will be connected to your Alpha Server, will they allow to solo minning?
2. Would we able to update the software (rom, firmware) inside those scrypt ASICs to make it compatible and mine coins with new modified versions of scrypt algorithm?
3. It will be really nice if we could remotely test our ASICs before they are sent. Even if you test them in your own enviroment, it will be a really good way of saving a lot of time and money for us and for you if some problem is spotted before the final send.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

What I find odd is their ability to achieve the density to put 5x the density of chips into a 1U server.  I can't imaging the temperature problems at that density and the ability to dissipate heat.  I think they will have a high failure rate.

Hey there, we have optimized our ASIC RTL design in such a way that we will be able to achieve higher performance with a very low number of chips, thus the density of chips per machine will be significantly reduced.
Additionally we have optimized the power consumption extensively. The chip packaging has also been designed in such a way that thermal dissipation will be spread over a larger area, besides that we also plan to have heat sinks with sufficient fins so that a larger surface area is created so as to dissipate heat more efficiently.

Fiaz.

I am glad you are saving money in your design, both by reduction in chips and case... I hope you plan to share these savings with the group of people that backed you as a new company...

Since we are still early in the process I'm sure its not too late to either adjust the chips slightly and give us ~20% more performance and / or for those of us that bought the big 25MH unit reduce the final price by ~10% (that may offset tax and shipping charges a bit).

Personally I'm sure you've figured out a profit margin you are aiming for (say 30%).. if it doesn't cost much more, increase chip density.   If you are still under costs near shipping time reduce cost.  In the end you still end up profitable, but have also gone a long way in making this fickle community happy and preparing for your 2nd gen devices (by increasing chip density).
Activity: 574

What I find odd is their ability to achieve the density to put 5x the density of chips into a 1U server.  I can't imaging the temperature problems at that density and the ability to dissipate heat.  I think they will have a high failure rate.

Hey there, we have optimized our ASIC RTL design in such a way that we will be able to achieve higher performance with a very low number of chips, thus the density of chips per machine will be significantly reduced.
Additionally we have optimized the power consumption extensively. The chip packaging has also been designed in such a way that thermal dissipation will be spread over a larger area, besides that we also plan to have heat sinks with sufficient fins so that a larger surface area is created so as to dissipate heat more efficiently.

Fiaz.

So you announced 5 MHs as a minimum specification, saying that the finished product would likely have significantly higher performance and that 5 MHs was the "worst case" scenario. But now it sounds like the number of chips per device is being reduced. So will scaling down the number of chips per device then significantly reduce any performance gains from the design optimization? This concerns me a little.

On a separate note, will 1st gen customers be given any preference in future product releases?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I would be interested to buy one of the ASIC miner but I am afraid about their delay in delivery

Don't preorder, if you want to invest it's always better to buy coins directly.
imho this is a scam or another BFL anyway
Activity: 112
I would be interested to buy one of the ASIC miner but I am afraid about their delay in delivery
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
www.redstarmining.com - which is now in its third year of operation may be offering cheap US based hosting.  To help EU miners avoid the >20% VAT costs.  Please let us know if you're interested - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/us-asic-hosting-to-help-eu-miners-avoid-20-import-vat-383544

I fail to see the positive on this one. It'll cost a couple hundred dollars to ship something of this size to the US (by a reputable means), and then there is the uncertainty of the custom/tax charges importing to the US.

Then finally and possibly more importantly I'll have a several thousand dollar investment sitting several thousand miles away, with no easy access to it, or to retrieve it.

I guess it may be suitable for some, I just can't figure out who :-)

There's no import VAT in the states while EU miner's will have to pay >20%VAT.  Which is $2K at least on top of every $10K.
Activity: 107
www.redstarmining.com - which is now in its third year of operation may be offering cheap US based hosting.  To help EU miners avoid the >20% VAT costs.  Please let us know if you're interested - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/us-asic-hosting-to-help-eu-miners-avoid-20-import-vat-383544

I fail to see the positive on this one. It'll cost a couple hundred dollars to ship something of this size to the US (by a reputable means), and then there is the uncertainty of the custom/tax charges importing to the US.

Then finally and possibly more importantly I'll have a several thousand dollar investment sitting several thousand miles away, with no easy access to it, or to retrieve it.

I guess it may be suitable for some, I just can't figure out who :-)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Activity: 448

Fiaz.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/youre_your.htm
Activity: 812
There is SCAM written all over the place with this company.

I don't think anyone asked for your opinion with absolutely no evidence to back it up.  STFU kid.

I' ll quote you when you'll post crying that you got scammed.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

Jump to: