Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 230. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
GPU that you buy now, you can sell for at least 50% in 6 months,
When/if miners arrive, they have limited time to mine in unknown difficulty that may never ROI and you can throw them in the garbage..
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
i really dont understand this...

right now you can buy 0.7MH for $400 and hash right away using radeons.  That's $600/MH (adding on power supply/motherboard etc.. cost), and you can always sell the radeon cards later on to recoup a good portion of the cost even if litecoin goes to 0 or difficulty skyrockets

this miner cost $320/MH, with at least a 6+ month wait, risk of being fraud/delay, for <50% saving?  

my question is...why?  why would anyone take such high risk for so little reward, instead of just using the money to buy video cards and start mining tomorrow instead...

Is it purely electricity savings?

makes...no....sense.

Just to add to what the two other posters have already said,
do the math, I'm in Germany and pay .28 KW/hr. Two AMD R290 video cards would use 600 watts and cost me 150 Euro in electricity a month and put out 1800 MH/s.
The 5MH/s unit uses 100 watts of power. So, per MH/s, an R290 costs around 400 Euro (just rough cost, plus the computer) and then 75 a month in electricity.
So, 20 bucks a month or so for the Viper vs. 440 bucks using 5.8 R290 cards (plus hardware), yes, 1/20th the energy and 2X the performance.
Think about that...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

right now you can buy 0.7MH for $400 and hash right away using radeons.  That's $600/MH (adding on power supply/motherboard etc.. cost), and you can always sell the radeon cards later on to recoup a good portion of the cost even if litecoin goes to 0 or difficulty skyrockets

this miner cost $320/MH, with at least a 6+ month wait, risk of being fraud/delay, for <50% saving?  

my question is...why?  why would anyone take such high risk for so little reward, instead of just using the money to buy video cards and start mining tomorrow instead...

makes...no....sense.
even 10 cards is hard to come by now days. tell me a store tht will just release 50 of them to you
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
We saw another company with lots of shills and childish remarks recently go under. Was realsolid based in UK?
Activity: 616

makes...no....sense.

The electrical savings would be significant. I would own a house full of these devices if they could be produced at spec. I want to expand my GPU operations but currently am pushing my 150amp breaker to the limit, I need industrial space. Something like this would be great for me.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...

makes...no....sense.
Activity: 616
Anyone notice the picture and description of the 25mh device has slightly changed since yesterday? It's no longer a 4U device, it's a 1U just like the smaller variant. Shipping still shows Q3 as the latest.

So now they went from a somewhat possibly believable hardware design, to a not so believable design--unless they've figured out something no other developer yet (including KNC) has: stuffing 25MH of FPGA/ASIC into a 1U case with 0 cooling issues.

That's the equivalent of 25 7990's, in a tiny case 2x the size of a netbook. There isn't even room for liquid cooling, much less air cooling.
Activity: 433
No way this is a scam.

Look at "meet the team". These people all exist and are easy to find.
It now depends on the Dextel teams in India to deliver a good product and in a timely fashion.

Dextel is a company that may very well pull it off. They have experience and manpower.
Also their expectations seem realistic. The only thing I'm not sure about now is... How fast will they finish the first batch ? Just half a year from now seems VERY optimistic.

Maybe we can have some kind of agreement here in this thread to stop shouting "SCAM" until they actually do something scammy ?

Perceived "red flags" are just gut feelings, they can be explained by non -scammy phenomena like : time pressure, human error, etc.

You can't have it both ways. Telling people not to call it a scam then saying there's "no way this is a scam". There is no definitive proof either way. Only time will tell. At this moment gut feelings are all we have to go on, whether you believe or not.

That is enough for some people to part with their money. Others demand a higher burden of proof. Either way I wish them the best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
No way this is a scam.

It now depends on the Dextel teams in India to deliver a good product and in a timely fashion.

Dextel is a company that may very well pull it off. They have experience and manpower.
Also their expectations seem realistic. The only thing I'm not sure about now is... How fast will they finish the first batch ? Just half a year from now seems VERY optimistic.

Maybe we can have some kind of agreement here in this thread to stop shouting "SCAM" until they actually do something scammy ?

Perceived "red flags" are just gut feelings, they can be explained by non -scammy phenomena like : time pressure, human error, etc.

dude... I develop hardware, i know how long things take before you can actually produce something commercial. By now you would have had pictures, youtube clips showing hashes, pics of boxes with prototypes etc. since these things give customer trust and increase sales. Since we have not seen any of those, we can assume they do not exist. This mean there is no way in hell you gonna make Q2 or even Q3 delivering these good. This is a scam pretty sure of it.

video game world where console has an expected lifecycle of 10+ years, I agree.  But in a hyper-volatile world of cyryptocurrency custom hardware development, I fully disagree with you.  HW companies push in full speed balls to the wall and hope to reach their estimations within + 2-4 weeks of expected hardware release - I've only seen it done successfully with Asicminer, Avalon, KNC, and Bitfury.  Everyone else more/less failed.   The only company I saw with this well in advance would be dave's Bitfury full kit pics that came out I believe Aug/September.  

Please everyone understand that GPU investors are also fanboys in and of themselves and have an interest in watching this company fail and seeing others who would be "presumably burned from investing in them" leave scrypt algo altogether - leaving the pie for themselves to harvest.  I'm Just saying I see that a bunch was said and I've seen them address these statements in their updates.  
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
oh ya? what hardware did you develop?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
No way this is a scam.

dude... I develop hardware, i know how long things take before you can actually produce something commercial. By now you would have had pictures, youtube clips showing hashes, pics of boxes with prototypes etc. since these things give customer trust and increase sales. Since we have not seen any of those, we can assume they do not exist. This mean there is no way in hell you gonna make Q2 or even Q3 delivering these good. This is a scam pretty sure of it.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
No way this is a scam.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
No way this is a scam.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
some people are so annoying and stupid...
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I did a second order by mistake when experimenting with theirs site (if you set payment as BTC, then when you hit back without paying on payment site, order is still listed on Alpha-T site, but you have no option to get to payment site again - not any link/button/anything in email). I've contacted them about this issue (for second order deletion) about three days before, no reply from them.

My first order is by bank transfer and you know what, I will not send them anything, from my point of view, it's even very sophisticated, but still FRAUD!

I was trying to get some statement from Dexcel Design if they can in any way comment/confirm progress presented by Alpha-T in last update, but got only this absolutely uselless answer:

Hello Lovok

It is true that we are working with Alpha Technology on building Scrypt hardware.

Regards/Amit

Also, Alpha-T claims as 'we are big company', with many departments, bla bla, but one telephone with answerphone (nobody live), nobody answering on emails, no any photos/videos from company (one small old closed building with sign on it doesn't count), engineering labs or something like this (people on videos can be identified, and thats the problem in case of fraud). From my point of view, it's in reality one man show, somebody who maybe thinks that Dexel will do all the work and is trying to put more confidence in his business by this false statements, or it is totally fraud (sign some contract with Dexcel, send them first batch of money, then steal much more money form potential 'customers'. If company form India is signing contract with company from UK, indian company can be easily scammed too).

From Dexcel point of view, I understand, that theirs neutral position is the best for them. They will not rather comment anything more than 'we have some agreement with them'. If Alpha-T steals customers money, not our problem, that were Alpha-T 'customers' ... if Alpha-T finally don't pay us (Dexel) for our development, no problem, Script hashing has future, so we eventually sell our gained know-how to someone else. You understand what I want to say, Alpha-T agreement with Dexel means nothing for Alpha-T customers. Yes, Dexel can 'easily' create Scrypt HW, but in this case, it's not any guarantee you get anything from Alpha-T.
Activity: 448
Just took the plunge, ordered the 5MH unit, not cause its gonna make bank, but because if they turn out to be legit, I'm sure they will offer first dibs to the first loyal clients and I want my shot at Gen2 Alphas!

Order number 9XxX

One of the better arguments for sending them your coins in my eyes.

Still - its a punt!

Good luck!
!

Lets be blunt, we all saw what happened with Avalon and whats a few grand to someone who got his coins @10-20$ and is still HODLING

You bought BTC at $10-$20? How many did you pick up?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Greetings Miners!

We are less than a day away from closing our pre order books, everything has been going smoothly and our engineering teams have already started to ramp up development! In Bangalore we initially had one team devoted to this project, we now have over 4 experienced teams working on various aspects of this project including ASIC design, Host Mining software porting on ARM controller, Mechanical design , certification aspects (CE/FCC) and WebGui in parallel, so we can fulfill our timeline and product promises. As of now we are targeting end of Q2 as our delivery date. A detailed plan will be published in due course.

Note. Pending payments will be allowed 7 working days after closing time to complete any pending order payments.

The innovative team in Manchester is devoted to guiding the engineering efforts in India, updating the community with our progresses, and all customer support. Our team is actively growing rapidly to deal with our loyal community and to show a great deal of transparency into this project. Our updates will be very regular, at the least weekly and we will show customers every aspect of design and production that is happening.

We have also updated our management team profile on our website to let you know of the people behind this initiative and thus bringing more transparency.

You may check the below link on our management team, along with responsibilities and position of each member:

https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/

Stay tuned for more updates.

Well, I would be absolutely pleasantly shocked if you guys make the end of Q2. Talk about creating a reputation, you will be #2 behind KNC.
Make it happen and good luck.

IAS
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
This time there will be incoming new generation of AMD cards which will hash 800 (mainstream) - 1500khashes (highend) and diff will be ready to be doubled again this time. ROI will be almost close to infinite.
Really hope AMD can hit those marks, but they also tend to release their next generation of GPUs in Q3 or Q4.

I bought a bunch of AMD stock in oct 2012, I think by 2015 I'll have done well, but for real, even if the new gpu's can hit 1500KHs there still gonna suck power better then the 60 year old prostitute crack head strolling the street teethless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCWvn60L3w

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Just took the plunge, ordered the 5MH unit, not cause its gonna make bank, but because if they turn out to be legit, I'm sure they will offer first dibs to the first loyal clients and I want my shot at Gen2 Alphas!

Order number 9XxX

One of the better arguments for sending them your coins in my eyes.

Still - its a punt!

Good luck!
!

Lets be blunt, we all saw what happened with Avalon and whats a few grand to someone who got his coins @10-20$ and is still HODLING
Activity: 323
This time there will be incoming new generation of AMD cards which will hash 800 (mainstream) - 1500khashes (highend) and diff will be ready to be doubled again this time. ROI will be almost close to infinite.
Really hope AMD can hit those marks, but they also tend to release their next generation of GPUs in Q3 or Q4.
Jump to: