Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 45. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
There are people who live in/near manchester who have posted up here, even recently. One of those folks should hop over there and provide some recent photos, maybe even see if anyone is around to talk. Talk to the neighboring businesses as well, get basic info about the coming/going of folks to the office.

There are no comings and goings. As I posted a while back, I had a friend in the area drop by, he checked the place out and talked to the neighbours, they are gone. Have been for months. I wouldn't bother wasting your time going to the Alpha T office, but you could try  popping next door and rousting their dad or checking out the residential address Cheshire Tech was registered to. I doubt you'll get much out of them though. Those that went for refunds early like Searing and Chopsbit got their money back, anyone just starting now is probably SOL.

Alpha are ignoring the judgements against them, so unless you are willing to track them down and get the rubber hoses out, you probably won't see a penny.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
There are people who live in/near manchester who have posted up here, even recently. One of those folks should hop over there and provide some recent photos, maybe even see if anyone is around to talk. Talk to the neighboring businesses as well, get basic info about the coming/going of folks to the office.
Activity: 36
Merit: 5
CEO - Krater.io
They're logging into their forum constantly, but their moderation techniques (banning/deleting posts) have slacked off in the past few days. This is indicative of what I can only imagine to be one of two possibilities: It's the sound of the door slamming as they exit the building, or, they're trying to have a cleaner legal image.

Either way.. neither of those options are supportive of their customers.

They haven't bothered to delete any negative posts in over a week. I say they're gone. They've abandoned everything, including their forum.

They haven't, I have created a second account with a different mail address and posted my situation having been banned from the forum. I have been banned again on my IP I think, cause the message I get now is Dear Guest, you have been banned(...). Therefore they're still active and very much in the forum. I wrote one email yesterday... no reply... Wrote another one right now. I'm up to go present myself in person in their office of the UK, might start a bitcoin donation account for those who want to donate something for me to travel there. I'm sure they will be much more reasonable in person.  Grin
Has anyone done any detective work about this company and its related neighbors? Even social media and researching company info could be helpful to paint a picture. This is why a lot of people had a bad feeling about hopping on board awhile back. For example..

Prior to Alpha-Tech moving in, there was Saddique & Co Chartered Accountants, and next to it was Rain Gaskell. Well, Rain bumped out of there and Saints Solicitors legal practice moved in. After awhile Saddique faded out and Alpha-Tech was born.

Saints Solicitors LLP is identified with Zain Siddiqi, a Pakistani, who apparently has strong sympathy toward the Pakistan people/issues. The practice also specialized in Sharia compliance, along with various Islamic law application. SSLLP has since moved to a new address as of spring of 2014.

Saddique & Co was a long term venture with really hard to find paperwork on the company. There is another Saddique venture, Saddique Brothers Enterprise. Now this could be unrelated entirely, but I'm including them because they formed right as Saddique & Co disappeared, and they  just happened to form within eyesight up the street. This one is identified with Shazad Saddique. A few guys with his name in the nearby area pop up, one of them with business acumen--no way to determine who is who--but the one guy is a gambler. So, speculation here, but an accountant who is involved with lots of gambling.

The Akram family has been involved in a line of companies and financial work for awhile. The elder has worked as a managing director in a couple of places, and is involved in at least one well known islamic trust. The younger popped up in a couple of ventures.

Two things stuck out in my mind the most. First, the Akrams hopped into several ventures at once.. all in march/april of the same year. For folks reporting low-to-no capital or gains, they're able to hop into ventures easily. Second, they've registered and renamed and registered companies to themselves several times, which isn't unusual, but a pattern is emerging: the company names they're using are almost exact copies of other well-known company names in similar industries, particularly well-established companies with deep pockets.

In fact, a great example, look at just 2 of their recent companies: Research Alpha Technologies and Cheshire Technology and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not a bad thing, and I doubt they are related to those other companies, but it is a known technique folks use in order to trick would-be customers/investors, so that when these people look up "alpha technologies" they'll see a well-established organization and have boosted confidence on investing. It would be like someone starting a company making operating system files and calling themselves Microsoft Co.

Just tossing some stuff out there.. this has been discussed to a small extent in the past, but I keep emphasizing that folks need to research. Follow the money trail. It could be harmless coincidences, or it could be evidence that they planned to hide assets for if/when things went sour.

I also don't know if it's of any value to mention, but back when they had photos of themselves, if you used the photos to search online for more traces of them, the photos couldn't be found anywhere else by most of the popular search engines. I'm not sure if anyone else had any better luck. It's highly unusual an an IT age for folks like this to have no trace online using their digital image.

Sources: Google, social media, UK business disclosure websites, etc.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Now I understand why some of their customers got partial refunds. It was because they were cleaning out their accounts of all the funds. Some of the accounts were frozen and the money could only be returned to sender, they had no access to it. If I were cleaning up shop to leave the country I'd want to close as many of those accounts as possible. Even if that meant I had to return the funds that were frozen, whatever it took to close the accounts.

They're gone, this is now over.                                                                                                THE END!
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
They're logging into their forum constantly, but their moderation techniques (banning/deleting posts) have slacked off in the past few days. This is indicative of what I can only imagine to be one of two possibilities: It's the sound of the door slamming as they exit the building, or, they're trying to have a cleaner legal image.

They haven't bothered to delete any negative posts in over a week. I say they're gone. They've abandoned everything, including their forum.

Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Hi Searing so by your count when will you ROI on the KNC?

My investment in GAW is turning pear shaped as well, ROI is now more than a year. Not spending one cent more on GAW.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
heh moderating the forum...this forum for me does not come up no matter how I click it on bitcointalk watch list

and if I try to quote someone to reply it won't let me

so yeah.....as banned as I can be I guess

as to my point

the people who live near where the pic of their shabby store front is....could you not try to 'seize that'
probably it is rented but someone should look up the deed etc if it is not rented .....get a judgment soonest

only idea I have I got a refund (one of the first) thru amex..1st dispute denied.....alpha neglected to point out in
reply that I did NOT pay in full just wanted my 30% back...again lost that one...another 45 days go by with me
piling on more facts and the amex reps adding it to the dispute comments...and viola got my 30% on the vyper
back

I take it as an honor one of the first banned from their forums..heh..it was only like 680 usd or some such on
a vyper but still

anyway the only asset I've seen from these guys is the store front.....ask around that area..they MAY own
other buildings you could get a judgment from (supposedly they were accountants in that area don't ya know
and accountants tend to buy property not rent) ...and if you make a killing remeber little old me!!!!!!

anyway sorry for the folk who paid and lost the 70% as my purchase of my NO ROI NO REFUND KNC Titan
miner (arrived 11/8/14) and cost me 10,131.80 ..the day I got it 7 weeks late...on ebay you could pick
one up new in the box for 4.1K unopened. ...and they only mine litecoin the firmware is dorky...no multipools no
scrypt N etc as promised a cube or unit bad 2 month RMA estimate etc etc

and this is what happens when a previous reputable company goes down the bitcoin farm only route
and follows greed........so crap even when you get a good product and they have ethics in 2013
does not mean they will keep ethics vs $$$ in 2014....KNC has made 200 million by some estimates..now going
all virtual cloud hosting..getting IPO for more millions...so shuffling us small fry out the door shoo...

so yeah......I guess this is maybe a 'sign from god' that home mining is no longer in the cards ..but anyway
don't feel alone are quite a few of us that got burnt by turns of fate in the asic world

(ie no pre-orders .... www.coinbase.com is my friend .... so tranquil little $$$ amounts ...leisurely)

Searing
You gotta be kidding me... I paid in full. They have banned me from the forum... I don't wanna believe I have lost 3000€...

Isn't it great how they're capable of moderating the forum, but incapable of doing the jobs people paid them to do?
Activity: 443
Merit: 251
They'll eventually pay up one way or another. Too many angry wealthy people got f#cked over. Scamming mf's, enjoy what time you have left.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Shouldn't this now be a matter for the Manchester police ?
Activity: 36
Merit: 5
CEO - Krater.io
You gotta be kidding me... I paid in full. They have banned me from the forum... I don't wanna believe I have lost 3000€...
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Anyone on here actually live in Manchester? I'd donate BTC to any person who pays these guys a visit, in person, and encourages them, by whatever means necessary, to refund customer's money. I'm one of the poor bastards who has paid in full.
Has anyone succeeded in communicating with Alpha-T's ( https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/ ) esteemed VP of ASIC Development and Supply Chain Management Eric Gunn ( http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-gunn/0/287/59 ), also VP of Business Development at Gold Standard Simulations ( http://www.goldstandardsimulations.com/corporate/staff/ ) and Silera Ltd. ( https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/SC351924/silera-limited ) ?

I'm guessing its the same guy. He still has

•   Crypto-Currency ( Bitcoin and LiteCoin ) ASIC Development

listed on his LinkedIn page. Eric probably knows as much as anyone about the status of the Viper miner.

Someone successfully talked to him on Linkedin and as soon as the topic came up, he broke communication. I would say they're all in on it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Has anyone succeeded in communicating with Alpha-T's ( https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/ ) esteemed VP of ASIC Development and Supply Chain Management Eric Gunn ( http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-gunn/0/287/59 ), also VP of Business Development at Gold Standard Simulations ( http://www.goldstandardsimulations.com/corporate/staff/ ) and Silera Ltd. ( https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/SC351924/silera-limited ) ?

I'm guessing its the same guy. He still has

•   Crypto-Currency ( Bitcoin and LiteCoin ) ASIC Development

listed on his LinkedIn page. Eric probably knows as much as anyone about the status of the Viper miner.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Guys, AT doesnt have an asic farm paid with your money. They dont even have the chips. They just took your money and closed the business. With that amount of money they probably can live comfortably for a long time in india or whatever country they came from.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I finally threw in the towel...blablabla  Knew it was a risk pre-ordering with these guys..

You placed a order whit ISIS, what do you thing you gonna get.
It`s a no brainer  Grin
Activity: 364
I finally threw in the towel. Requested a 60% refund and instead, got only my PayPal deposits refunded. All of the funds I paid via Bitcoin for my final payment back in May are gone. I read the last couple of pages and saw that BitPay is investigating, so I sent them a message via their website form.

I am starting to think they intentionally delayed to get people to take partial refunds, thereby funding the development of their hardware and enabling them to start a farm on the backs of their customers' money.

Entirely too many scammers in this business. Knew it was a risk pre-ordering with these guys, but for a long time they seemed to be on the up and up. Now I'm going to try to get every dime back I can from them...30% isn't going to cut it, when I invested as much as I did in this.
Activity: 402
Did I miss something? Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement about their next excuse for not shipping customer's miners. Have they gone totally dark, off the radar completely? Sure doesn't instill any confidence to those who are waiting for their rigs.

They've shit the bed again, obviously.

Any time any of these companies goes dark, run like hell.  The instant these pukes looked likely to miss their date and started getting squirrely with the updates I pulled the ripcord.  There are other vendors out there.

They are very fast, all of them, to report victories, or everything rolling on schedule.  When the shit hits the fan the POS assholes can't find their keyboards for anything.
Pages:
Jump to: