Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 42. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Litecoin Difficulty:    44,804
Estimated Next Difficulty:    48,872 (+9.08%)
Adjust time:    After 539 Blocks, About 20.0 hours
Hashrate(?):    1,451 GH/s

Look on that .Last 24 hr another 200GH/s more
They try build money and later sell useless product

So at 250mh/s that is 4 machines per G/hs times 200. That is 800 machines. Are the IP's  from the block chain data coming from the same general location? I presume India? That is the place to check out and take your miners that you paid for.
hm
Activity: 107
class action

Do class action lawsuits even exist in UK?
I always thought of it is a purely american thing.
But there seem to be "representative actions" in UK which are rarely used.
I think lawyers who wanna start "class action" lawsuit in UK are just using the phrase to please customers.

Representative actions in England

The use of the existing representative action framework in England is relatively rare: the court at first instance considered only two cases reported since the introduction of the CPR in 2000. Other forms of collective action have also proved unpopular or unworkable in England.

Group Litigation Order. The primary mechanism is a Group Litigation Order (GLO), but this is a means of managing multiple cases rather than bringing representative claims. Most importantly, it requires the involvement of all the claimants, who must bring individual claims that are then included in the group register and administered together. This precludes the possibility of commencing any form of "opt-out" claim on behalf of a group whose members may fluctuate and cannot be identified by name at the outset.

With only 74 GLOs made over the decade since their introduction, they cannot be said to have changed the litigation landscape. (For background, see feature articles "Cartel damages claims: obtaining redress for loss" and “Competition litigation reform: what next for private enforcement?”.)

Opt-in actions. The other form of English collective action, specific to competition follow-on damages claims, is a representative action brought under section 47B of the Competition Act 1998 (section 47B). This allows a group of consumers to be represented by a body specified by the Secretary of State in actions before the Competition Appeal Tribunal. However, it is an "opt-in" mechanism that still requires the claimants to be named on the claim form.

The difficulties of identifying and contacting potential claimants were evident from the meagre 600 participants in the Consumer Association v JJB Sports PLC case concerning replica football shirts, despite Which?'s belief that around two million consumers were affected (www.practicallaw.com/1-380-9423). Following this case, Which?, the designated body for this type of proceeding, has not shown any further interest in bringing actions under section 47B.

Reform on hold. Against the background of the limited use of the above mechanisms for representative actions, the previous government proposed a reform of representative actions focused on a sectoral approach, with the possibility of opt-in or opt-out group actions being authorised by the court, but limited to sectors specified in legislation.

The Finance Bill (the Bill) was to have been the first step in this direction, introducing the possibility of collective redress for consumers of retail financial products. However, these elements of the Bill were dropped in the "wash up" when the legislation was passed before the last election, and the new government has yet to give any indication of whether such ideas will be resurrected. It seems unlikely to be a priority.
source: http://uk.practicallaw.com/7-504-0554?sd=plc

fyi: I am not a law professional and may be totally wrong. Perhaps there are trade agreements between USA and UK that allow US class action to be successful?
hm
Activity: 107
There he is, our CEO

[..]

I can safely say that to know him was to love him. And to love him was to know him. Those who knew him, loved him, while those who did not know him, loved him from afar

are you sure?

Zeta0S seems to be making bad jokes.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/486405/Isis-Rebel-Fighters-Terrorist-Bomb-Attack-Suspect-Syria-British-Jihad
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
There he is, our CEO

I can safely say that to know him was to love him. And to love him was to know him. Those who knew him, loved him, while those who did not know him, loved him from afar

are you sure?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Litecoin Difficulty:    44,804
Estimated Next Difficulty:    48,872 (+9.08%)
Adjust time:    After 539 Blocks, About 20.0 hours
Hashrate(?):    1,451 GH/s

Look on that .Last 24 hr another 200GH/s more
They try build money and later sell useless product
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It's just a few minutes from the end of the workday over there in Manchester, and India's workday is over as well, and still nothing from these guys. The excitement is definitely building up on what they're going to try and sell people next, be it excuse or product.
Activity: 5
I did NOT give consent to a 30% refund, nor did I in anyway indicate to them that the 30% payment would satisfy their obligation to me. In fact, I wrote to them and told them just the opposite. I am entitled to a 100% refund, without question. I intend to collect every cent of what I'm owed.
Activity: 227
I received the following email from Alpha Technology on November 15, 2014 at 5:50 am PST (GMT-8):

Hello there,

Whilst you are past the refund period we have refunded you your full deposit as a gesture of goodwill. This refund has been issued to your PayPal.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
They did in fact refund the 30% deposit that I put down on January 4th, 2014.

The only problem is, I paid them the other 70% on May 27th, 2014, which they still owe me. I have sent them multiple emails requesting a 100% refund, which is owed to me by law.

you give your consent to a refund of 30%? or they voluntarily returned to you 30% and 70% did not give
I received the following email from Alpha Technology on November 15, 2014 at 5:50 am PST (GMT-8):

Hello there,

Whilst you are past the refund period we have refunded you your full deposit as a gesture of goodwill. This refund has been issued to your PayPal.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
They did in fact refund the 30% deposit that I put down on January 4th, 2014.

The only problem is, I paid them the other 70% on May 27th, 2014, which they still owe me. I have sent them multiple emails requesting a 100% refund, which is owed to me by law.
@fightalpha: I am in on a class action lawsuit. Would you mind forwarding on the contact information for the solicitor you have chosen? I'd be happy to speak with them directly and add my name and information to the list.
Activity: 26
Referred Alpha to the insolvency service. Money is lost and they are behaving fraudulently or in accordance with sharp practice.

Insolvency can seize everything and even recover money distributed to family, bring criminal fraud charges etc.

email your docs to here [email protected] and make a complaint to become a creditor
Activity: 227
I paid a deposit of 100% to 30% paypal and 70% Bitpay.
I returned the 30% deposit even though I do not give consent to a partial refund. I was willing to at least 70%.
There are people here who have returned 30%, without their consent?
Activity: 18
When we hit 100 members at http://www.fightalpha.net I will send a mass email out to get a feel for the interest in a class-action lawsuit. There is a firm based in the UK that will be happy to litigate with that number.
I am also in. Hope we get enough people together. Question is if you can file a claim on your own AND a class action. Because I guess many here already started their claim.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
"Soon" .. "Next week" .. I remember when that turned into "Need to tapeout again" .. "Give us more money" ..

What next right? Where's the transparency that, to this day, is guaranteed up on their website? Where's their fanclub saying to just stick around?

Who woulda thought that gridseed units would've mined more in the last few months than the Alpha gear ever will?
Activity: 32
Hi all,
I am in the same boat like you Sad
I was robbed with £1385, by the way I have bad feeling about AT from the beginning, because initially I ordered the bigger viper 250Mh, but a few days later reading different forums I hesitated to pay for this miner, therefore I did second order for two vipers 20Mh and continue to read forums and again I was discourage to pay this money, so finally I did third order for one viper 50Mh and unfortunately I paid this order Sad and now I lost £1385 therefore I want to punish this bastard and send him at least to jail (if he cannot return our money) for fraud in large amount of money. I am reading from few weeks this topic and I have not seen yet or maybe I missed to have some group lawsuit against AT. From my point of view it is not worthy to go alone for £1385, but if we gather 200-300 robbed customers and go together we will split all lawyer fees and we have bigger chance to win. Unfortunately there is a small chance to receive our money back but I am ready to pay $50-100 for lawyer fees in group lawsuit if we have chance this bastard to be sent in jail at least for 15-20 years ..
I do not have any knowledge about UK group lawsuit but I eagerly will take part of it, if I receive any information about starting such lawsuit process. I suppose there are many customers from UK, who are robbed from AT and they can take more action in organizing it, at least they can speak fluent English and can meet locally the lawyers, because it will be hard to me to speak (face to face) with UK lawyers. (My verbal English is not good and I am not living in UK)
Any ideas about this?
Is there something done in this direction or all customers are going alone against AT?

When we hit 100 members at http://www.fightalpha.net I will send a mass email out to get a feel for the interest in a class-action lawsuit. There is a firm based in the UK that will be happy to litigate with that number.

I'm definitely in on a Class-Action.  However, as many have said, they don't exist in UK, unless a judge lumps together several single suits.  But, if you magically get this to happen, I'm in, as long as I don't have to put any money up front... (throwing good money after bad, as they say)
Activity: 40
Hi all,
I was robbed with £1385, by the way I have bad feeling about AT from the beginning, because initially I ordered the bigger viper 250Mh, but a few days later reading different forums I hesitated to pay for this miner, therefore I did second order for two vipers 20Mh and continue to read forums and again I was discourage to pay this money, so finally I did third order for one viper 50Mh and unfortunately I paid this order Sad and now I lost £1385 therefore I want to punish this bastard and send him at least to jail (if he cannot return our money) for fraud in large amount of money. I am reading from few weeks this topic and I have not seen yet or maybe I missed to have some group lawsuit against AT. From my point of view it is not worthy to go alone for £1385, but if we gather 200-300 robbed customers and go together we will split all lawyer fees and we have bigger chance to win. Unfortunately there is a small chance to receive our money back but I am ready to pay $50-100 for lawyer fees in group lawsuit if we have chance this bastard to be sent in jail at least for 15-20 years ..
I do not have any knowledge about UK group lawsuit but I eagerly will take part of it, if I receive any information about starting such lawsuit process. I suppose there are many customers from UK, who are robbed from AT and they can take more action in organizing it, at least they can speak fluent English and can meet locally the lawyers, because it will be hard to me to speak (face to face) with UK lawyers. (My verbal English is not good and I am not living in UK)
Any ideas about this?
Is there something done in this direction or all customers are going alone against AT?

Activity: 119
Posted today: "Apologies for the wait, there will be an updated next week".

I predict this update will go something like this:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your mining rigs will be upgraded yet again. Those customers who purchased the 50Mh/s and the 250Mh/s units will now receive 500Mh/s (@300W) and 2.5Gh/s (@1500W) units in their place. On top of that we have also decided to refund everyone's deposit as a gesture of good will. We have the product on the shelves and are ready to start shipping from our assembly center in India immediately. Tracking updates will be sent out as we process orders and change their status to "shipped".

Thank you for your continued support,

Alpha-T

Of course this is not what they're going to say.

Probably more like:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your money is now ours. Your mining rigs will fill our data center nicely. Thanks for the free ride suckers!!! Oh by the way, we went bankrupt, you court battles are all lost. For those interested we will be forming a new company to try this all over again.

Later losers,

Alpha-T
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Already contacted CoinDesk about it a few days ago.

I don't care if they're accountants and have moved money, the law is the law and they've broken it. I will seek restitution.

They're accounts for god's sake, they make their living legally hiding money and moving it around.  If you think there is any money left in a legally touchable corporate account you're simply being delusional.

Suggesting that victims do nothing, because these guys have accountants in the family and may have moved their money around, tells me you probably haven't lost any money to this venture.

Well of course I haven't lost money in this venture, I'm not a gullible idiot (my favorite is the poster above me who was so sure it was a scam he doubled down and ordered a second miner, and then a third).  The point though is that people have been trying to get you guys to take action for what, 6 months now?  8 months?  More?  And everyone wanted to wait it out and see what happened while they hid the money and ran.  Now when they have finally finished is way too late to be doing this.  It's like having a deadline for work and for months your boss asking you how it's coming and you putting it off and putting it off, getting fired cause it never gets done, and THEN deciding to call your boss and plead your case.

Of course, part of this is a dickish I told you so but more importantly people are talking about getting lawyers and such.  6 months ago lawyers were a great idea.  Now?  Not so much, because lawyers cost money, so you are going to lose everything you already lost PLUS the cost of attorneys and court\filing fees.  At a certain point in a failed business venture you have to be willing to just write it off and walk away, not keep throwing good money at the problem and compounding your losses.
Activity: 119
Posted today: "Apologies for the wait, there will be an updated next week".

I predict this update will go something like this:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your mining rigs will be upgraded yet again. Those customers who purchased the 50Mh/s and the 250Mh/s units will now receive 500Mh/s (@300W) and 2.5Gh/s (@1500W) units in their place. On top of that we have also decided to refund everyone's deposit as a gesture of good will. We have the product on the shelves and are ready to start shipping from our assembly center in India immediately. Tracking updates will be sent out as we process orders and change their status to "shipped".

Thank you for your continued support,

Alpha-T

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Hi all,
Any ideas about this?

To save us going through stuff that has been posted many times in this thread, just go here www.fightalpha.net and www.abunchacrap.com
Pages:
Jump to: