Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 64. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
If Alpha-t are shipping in October, they should be able to show large supplies of cases, boards, power supplies, heat sinks, cables, packing boxes etc.

Show us some pictures Mohammud and show us a working Viper prototype mining on multipool.us with cgminer screen shots.

Exactly.  The majority of components should be in.  A production line should be up.

Photos are easy.  If they had anything they'd be showing it.
I think so too. Unless they never intended to ship in July, September, at all?
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
"Rest assured" there will be no shipment in October. At best they will ship their sloppily assembled garbage by December. In the mean time they're hemorrhaging refunds left and right with no new business coming through the door. How they even expect to still be operating a month from now is crazy. They have broken every contract they set forth. Everyone will want their 100% refund. The Viper is grossly overpriced and even if it somehow ran on fairy dust as a power source would never come close to the competition's ROI.

This is interesting, if nothing else. 

I wouldn't hold you breath waiting for it. Oct 2015 maybe.  Undecided
Activity: 18
alpha just released a new update:
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/
any asic expert here to proof these pics of scrypt boards are real or fake or whatever??

The boards look legit; or at least, they look very much how I'd expect a board to look, given the power demands for the claimed ASICs; and is consistent with the previously shown PCB layout images, and

Interestingly, rather than design their own voltage regulators, they have gone with pre-packaged modules (the big rectangular modules along the top). Probably sensible, given that building high power VRMs is a bit of a black art.

That said, if their wafers are finished, then they must have taped-out when they said they were taping-out (the July update) as 2 months is the shortest realistic time frame from tape-out finishing to wafers going for processing.

Based on other manufacturers experience, it takes about 1 1/2 weeks from wafer completion, to chips "in hand". From there, you should allow 4 weeks for assembly, testing, tuning, firmware tweaks, before shipping, and that's optimistic. KNC sent their titan wafers for cutting and encapsulation in early August. They shipped in last week of September, but early results have not been good - huge numbers of DOA miners, firmware incompatible with multipools, and loads of stability problems.

thanks for giving that insight and timeframe. well than Id say it will slip into November Smiley maybe then they are able to ship as power costs are too high for further mining batch 1 themselves lol...
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
If Alpha-t are shipping in October, they should be able to show large supplies of cases, boards, power supplies, heat sinks, cables, packing boxes etc.

Show us some pictures Mohammud and show us a working Viper prototype mining on multipool.us with cgminer screen shots.

Exactly.  The majority of components should be in.  A production line should be up.

Photos are easy.  If they had anything they'd be showing it.
Activity: 402
Good,  ignore me again dumbshits. Just like you ignored constant warnings before they opened up payments on this scam. I, and many others, warned that this was too good to be true. You didn't listen, now you got ripped off. Guess what, that makes you an idiot. You don't get any pity for this, there was plenty of warning. This was like buying a handmade lottery ticket from a homeless guy, you get laughed at when you tell people.

like a lab monkey that gets a cookie every time he jerks himself off.  just keeps on going and going and going.  that fuckstick has to be raw by now.

BTW, this thread has turned into an informational source for people to try to get their money back.

I know it's difficult to see with your own goo all over your screen but don't be a lazy monkey.  try to keep up with the thread you're posting on, even if it is just to increase your own hard-on. 

Aww poor you. There is no money to get back. If you are still posting here waiting for responses from alpha you are too late. You should have been demanding your money back from whatever credit card company or bank you used to make the payment months ago. There is no recovery. If you paid in bitcoin, you are done. Why is this shit so hard to believe? You guys waited until SO MANY others had already been scammed, and the other manufacturers had already ruined the market, then you decided that this completely new one must be telling the truth and sent them your money. Beyond stupid.

I did, dumbass. 

as I said, people are using this thread for a different purpose now.  you can keep posting, although most people are simply going to add you to ignore, as everything that comes from your mouth is pointless shite.

back to beating your meat in your echo chamber now.....

Did you lose all your allowance on this scam? Seriously, you write like a 12 yr old. Just like the first person that commented pointed out, a bunch of stupid 12 yr olds got screwed because they were greedy.  I don't care what you are using the thread for, it doesn't change the FACT that it was stupid to make this purchase.

I didn't lose a penny. zip. 

your comprehension skills are lacking.  you apparently do not comprehend what you are reading nor the fact that your opinion of any single person here is irrelevant. 

you may think that all of this running commentary makes you look smart, although it really just makes you look like a pathetic ass, as you feel the need to continue to post "neener, neener, neener" and act as if it's the equivalent of Aristotle.

it really is a sad display and, try as you might, it is not accomplishing anything. 

If you'd like to do something useful take this cornucopia of knowledge that you purport to possess and put together a thread on how to avoid scams.  That might actually make you look intelligent.  all of this bellicose bullshit certainly does not.

Activity: 119
"Rest assured" there will be no shipment in October. At best they will ship their sloppily assembled garbage by December. In the mean time they're hemorrhaging refunds left and right with no new business coming through the door. How they even expect to still be operating a month from now is crazy. They have broken every contract they set forth. Everyone will want their 100% refund. The Viper is grossly overpriced and even if it somehow ran on fairy dust as a power source would never come close to the competition's ROI.

This is interesting, if nothing else. 
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Wow...just wow.

*And too boot, none of the links he provided on the 'Customer Loyalty' program or the accompanying doc file are even valid.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
I could have done this in my basement.

Yeah, me too.

Never call anything a scheme and expect to be taken seriously!

Really
Activity: 86
OK..so they sent China the schematics they showed on September 2nd and had them fab a couple of sample boards. I will give that to them that they are pretty good at  eagle cad, but I could have done this in my basement. And emailed one of the many Chinese fab plants and got myself a few sample boards blank or even with a Bill Of Materials and the eagle cad schematic and a few weeks later actually receiving the board for about $100. Depending of the cost of components. All soldered together. Do they have a reflow oven for the SMT? Do they have a pick and place machine? To build the boards?  And if they were doing volume it would look something like this video:Adafruit pick and place machine in action! ADXL335 - YouTube

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=5GknVP7WL8OHyASTiIC4Ag&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7BRVY6XNdM0&cd=1&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHa57RlUPjXUB2E2lP04ddzEpE7SA&sig2=CmdUBFpKCZKo4LIXSkxe1g

You don't necessarily need this, but when you have hundreds of tiny surface mount components it sure makes things go easier and faster. But you definetly need a reflow oven.

So..yea I think they are still a scam. Never call anything a scheme and expect to be taken seriously!
legendary
ex uno plures
Perhaps Mohammud would agree to meet personally with his Loyalty Club at a time and place in the UK of his choice to discuss his Loyalty Scheme and plans for the company ?

Perhaps at your Moss Side office Mohammud ? No ? Its been abandoned ? Oh well …

By the way, what is the address of your office these days Mohammud ? Where can your loyal and appreciative customers visit you to express their thanks ?

Seriously. KNC customers know where to find Sam if they want to talk. Spondoolies-Tech customers know where to find Guy if they want to talk. Why don't you schedule a meeting of all your potential Loyalty Club members and show us the Viper prototype, your stock of cases, heat sinks, power supplies, boards, the plotter images of your Asic masks and all that cool stuff that companies who build Asics keep around the office/factory.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be willing to do this. I just can't …

No Demo. No Monez.
Activity: 63
This scam still going? can't believe they haven't been shut down by now.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 9
Activity: 433
The boards look legit; or at least, they look very much how I'd expect a board to look, given the power demands for the claimed ASICs; and is consistent with the previously shown PCB layout images, and

Interestingly, rather than design their own voltage regulators, they have gone with pre-packaged modules (the big rectangular modules along the top). Probably sensible, given that building high power VRMs is a bit of a black art.

That said, if their wafers are finished, then they must have taped-out when they said they were taping-out (the July update) as 2 months is the shortest realistic time frame from tape-out finishing to wafers going for processing.

Based on other manufacturers experience, it takes about 1 1/2 weeks from wafer completion, to chips "in hand". From there, you should allow 4 weeks for assembly, testing, tuning, firmware tweaks, before shipping, and that's optimistic. KNC sent their titan wafers for cutting and encapsulation in early August. They shipped in last week of September, but early results have not been good - huge numbers of DOA miners, firmware incompatible with multipools, and loads of stability problems.

^^ This. I'd be amazed if Alpha got anything but a cobbled together Frankenminer out the door in October. Look at the Titan power draw @28nm its the thick end of 1600 watts what were Alpha 40nm? Claiming it will be "the most efficient miner on the market today" is clearly hyperbole and meaningless without testing. KNC claimed 800 watts, look how that turned out.

KNCs Titan rollout has been a disaster I see Alpha doing no better, if they ever get units out the door. As s1gs3gv says they REALLY want people to pay up. Personally I think the intend to build a massive asic farm, mine until its worthless then cash out. Paying as few dividends as possible along the way.
legendary
ex uno plures

That isn't even marginally interesting. And its totally irrelevant to the issue at hand, which is that if Mohammud wants to restore his very severely tarnished credibility he needs to show us a working Viper with cgminer screenshots and then he needs to get Doggie one for review.

No review, no monez.
Activity: 85
Miner and technician
alpha just released a new update:
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/
any asic expert here to proof these pics of scrypt boards are real or fake or whatever??

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
So the next breach of contract is official, they wont ship in Q3.

What power supplies?
legendary
ex uno plures

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Has anyone actually received that email from alpha? Or is it a fake e-mail? Because on the forums a bunch of purchasers have not received the Refund e-mail.
Yea, i also received dat email, aint fake. I have requested full refund back in July and after this i have filed my claim.
I am not interested in partial refund, i only accept 100% refund.
I been searchin through this thread for successful claims. Slipknot79, did you receive answer from court or any update on your case? thx

I ll write you a PM, Alpha is lurking here, so no tactics here on forums.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
there is an actual board??? there will be a real product???
legendary
ex uno plures
So tape-out is finished and the wafers have been fab'd and are off to be sawed huh ?

If I recall correctly, KNC announced tape-out complete some 8-10 weeks before wafers had left the fab for dicing and packaging. Tape-out usually means that the data is ready to produce the masks used in production.

So, we've now got:

A picture of a circuit board that says Viper on it with a few capacitors soldered to it.
Another schedule slip and a new promise to ship in October.
A Loyalty Scheme plan whose enrollment closes at the end of October (coincidental).
Customers must be fully paid to enroll despite a recent statement that customers could wait to pay until they saw a prototype.

I would ask:

a) When in October are you going to ship
b) What happens if you don't
c) Why didn't you announce tape-out when it happened instead of after fab was complete
d) What kind of tests do the chips go through
e) What happens if the tests fail
f) What is the expected performance and power consumption of the chip
g) What is the overall performance and power consumption of the Viper
h) Can we wait to pay until you can demonstrate a working machine
i) How long will it take you to manufacture and ship all batch 1 machines
j) What are your RMA and warrantee procedures
k) How long will the Viper take to ROI

My personal take is that they may or may not have an Asic but they would really like to get their hands on their customer's money.

I wouldn't give these guys a dollar for a cup of coffee and expect to see my change.

Show us the Asic Mohammud

Pages:
Jump to: