Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 61. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I had this HUGE feeling the Mohammad bitch would say something exactly like this!!!!

"Target date" and not "guarantee"

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK BITCH! The whole community is coming for your nutsack. Some for your head.

I just contacted Paypal.
You are not going to believe this. They have no record of any calls complaining about Alpha Technology.
Zero. Nothing on file. Mine is now the first noting of a concern.
This might be what you see in these reality singing competitions where you just hope your favourite gets through and nobody votes and they get knocked off.
Paypal said we are not covered under the days passed since ordering and also if you only paid a deposit as they don't cover part payments.

However they did say they may be able to reverse that stance if enough people called with a concern.
I stated I was concerned this money may be put towards illegal even terrorist acts. Which has been noted.
No prototype no video no nothing.
Within 1 minute of me explaining the situation the Paypal rep said this is a clear scam. Even laughed at the Scheme angle.
So if you really want to kick this in the NUTSACK call Paypal say you want a full investigation and your call noted and added to existing complaints on this company.
Hey maybe Alpha Technology are legit. Either way its time to find out. We paid them they work for us.

Hmm.  I know that is not the case.  I talked to them.  I've e-mailed back and forth with them also.  I was complaining as well as pointing out how they were trying to skirt consumer laws.  I got the same basic response of 'umm, they can't do that'

the question is how to amp it up so they have to acknowledge it and get it in their 'system' or whatever.

Yeah man I know its not the case but its what they told me. I know people have called up also.
The only way to amp it re paypal is to call again and ask for it to be added to the Alpha Tech complaint file they are now aware of the failing to meet delivery and expecting calls.
So everyone who can call please call paypal ove the next few days so it emphasises the imperative msg that these funds may be up to no good.
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
I had this HUGE feeling the Mohammad bitch would say something exactly like this!!!!

GOOD LUCK BITCH! The whole community is coming for your nutsack. Some for your head.

I just contacted Paypal.
You are not going to believe this. They have no record of any calls complaining about Alpha Technology.
This might be what you see in these reality singing competitions where you just hope your favourite gets through and nobody votes and they get knocked off.
Paypal said we are not covered under the days passed since ordering and also if you only paid a deposit as they don't cover part payments.

However they did say they may be able to reverse that stance if enough people called with a concern.
I stated I was concerned this money may be put towards illegal even terrorist acts. Which has been noted.
Within 1 minute of me explaining the situation the Paypal rep said this is a clear scam. Even laughed at the Scheme angle.
So if you really want to kick this in the NUTSACK call Paypal say you want a full investigation and your call noted and added to existing complaints on this company.
Hey maybe Alpha Technology are legit. Either way its time to find out. We paid them they work for us.

Hmm.  I know that is not the case.  I talked to them.  I've e-mailed back and forth with them also.  I was complaining as well as pointing out how they were trying to skirt consumer laws.  I got the same basic response of 'umm, they can't do that'

the question is how to amp it up so they have to acknowledge it and get it in their 'system' or whatever.
Activity: 9

I just contacted Paypal.

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Alpha is still lying to their customers

"This is not the case, our terms clearly present our shipping dates as targets and not guarantees. We are of course as regretful of this delay as you are as such we are trying to do whatever  we can afford to do to make up for it and at the moment it looks like loyalty bonus payments is the best way."

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=1003.75

but:
"Shipping  Booked shipments will be delivered within Q2/Q3 of Year 2014. Live updates shall be provided on exact shipping date. Shipping is worldwide."

http://www.abunchacrap.com/Alpha01052014/AlphaTerms010520141.html

No word of beeing a "target". As stated in their T&C Alphanoobs even provided this exact shipping date with their update on 20th June:
https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-update-20062014/
"We will also be releasing a full guide on how to use the miners both with the WebGUI and without it before shipment (which will begin somewhere from the 15th-31st of July). "

Of course it's bullshit.  those are good sources.

He also referred to September in a coindesk article  http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-blames-paypal-dispute-bitcoin-asic-delivery-delay/

"Speaking to CoinDesk, Akram said that the company had the necessary funds to ship all the hardware its customers had ordered, and that its initial terms of sale stated products might not ship until the end of Q3 (September)"

and in an update that went out via e-mail and on their site https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-28072014/

"In the interest of there being no confusion, July while it was our genuine expectation, is not mentioned in our terms. As a result of this we have decided to announce shipping to be September as per our terms"

They've missed their date(s).  The promised July and missed that.  The hard date was September as per their own update and they've missed that also.  They can argue it but it's going nowhere, as their own words today contradict their own words yesterday. 

None of that about delivery dates changes the basic premise, however, that they are in violation of consumer laws.  The DSR does apply, whether they'd like it to or not, and that really is the end of it.  They can try that BS about B2B sales to try to say that consumers are not consumers, but they never said that ahead of time which is, in itself, seemingly a material omission of fact and therefore in violation of yet another law which prohibits just such an action.

hell common sense says you can't do something like that after the fact.  that they are obviously doing it to try to strip consumers of their rights won't likely play well with the courts either.

anyone that wants their money back has a clear shot, IMO.  I'm not saying it will be easy and that there won't be pushback, but the facts and the law seem to be squarely on the side of the consumer on this and I think they well know it.
Activity: 94
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
Is it too late to buy in for their next batch? You'd think they would be focusing on their next product.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are fully paid up for the first batch willing to sell you the empty promises that they have.

Yeah, if you really want to take the risk, this is what you should probably do.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Alpha is still lying to their customers

"This is not the case, our terms clearly present our shipping dates as targets and not guarantees. We are of course as regretful of this delay as you are as such we are trying to do whatever  we can afford to do to make up for it and at the moment it looks like loyalty bonus payments is the best way."

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=1003.75

but:
"Shipping  Booked shipments will be delivered within Q2/Q3 of Year 2014. Live updates shall be provided on exact shipping date. Shipping is worldwide."

http://www.abunchacrap.com/Alpha01052014/AlphaTerms010520141.html

No word of beeing a "target". As stated in their T&C Alphanoobs even provided this exact shipping date with their update on 20th June:

"We will also be releasing a full guide on how to use the miners both with the WebGUI and without it before shipment (which will begin somewhere from the 15th-31st of July). "

https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-update-20062014/
Activity: 616
By requesting final payment for delivery and then pulling the option for credit card transactions only days later
(Thereby forcing buyers into an unprotected transaction.)

AKA their Bailout funds to start a new tapeout.

Is it too late to buy in for their next batch? You'd think they would be focusing on their next product.

I mentioned a short while back that if they had plans for future development, they'd already be lining up a 2nd batch and opening the sales at least 60 days prior to shipment of the first batch (90-100 typically). However, they are not, and with no apparent future plans (they stopped talking about Batch 2 a long time ago), there's no indicator that they're sticking around.
Activity: 16

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are fully paid up for the first batch willing to sell you the empty promises that they have.
Activity: 119
Activity: 60
you need to read back much further. there's a shitload of stuff here.....

Alpha has violated the following:

Claiming Paypal would be an option for final payment and not offering it.
(Now they say they are offering it at the end of development, but that would be impossible to offer it 8-10 weeks prior to shipping)

One-sided compliance with obligations
They requested final payment for delivery 5/22/2014 and 8-10 weeks have passed and the product is nowhere near shipping.

By requesting final payment for delivery and then pulling the option for credit card transactions only days later
(Thereby forcing buyers into an unprotected transaction.)

Misleading Omissions
By trying to fool their customers into believing this was a business to business transaction without telling them ahead of time
The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008  
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/contents/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/regulation/6/made

Quoting HMRC saying this is a business transaction because mining devices can only be used for mining.
But HMRC actually says:
Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

"The customer is not eligible for a full refund or chargeback as per our terms and conditions.. bla bla bla"
Everyone who requests chargebacks through their credit companies being granted them. Alpha is in violation.

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

By attempting to limit our legal rights
"Your pre-order is made under English law and under these terms to the exclusion of all other terms you may seek to impose. You and we hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to the resolution of any dispute or difference under your pre-order but we may commence proceedings in any jurisdiction in order to enforce our rights under the pre-order and these terms."

Not honouring statements made by the trader's staff
Numerous times, all over the forums, A.T. employee Fiaz Malik has assured everyone that delivery of the product would be no later than July 31 (in an attempt to get customers to pay for a product that is nowhere near ready)

One-sided interpretation of the contract
If you request a refund and you are denied and you paid in January, they are violating their terms
Reason: Terms only state less refund at 3-5 months but nothing about no refund between 6 months and final delivery!

Oh, and because today is August 1...
Failure to deliver product or show any physical evidence that it actually exists by the deadline specified in the contract.

Activity: 23
Let us summarize what we can AT accuse in court in order to get our money back!

So far I've got;
 - Misleading omissions; discribed here, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/regulation/6
 - Failed to meet the shipping target, Q2/Q3 2014
 - Several changes to the T&C without permission from the customers
 - Refusing refund; Under the DSRs, a customer’s right to cancel is unconditional. http://dshub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/dsrexplained
 - changed the product specifications; 25MH/S, 600 watts -> 250MH/s 1875watt
 - changed the price, then Total price: £5450. Remainder will need to be paid 8-10 weeks before shipment, which will include shipping cost to your location. Now Full Price: £5450 (excl. VAT & Shipping)

Any more that I've forgot to add in the list? We need a strong case before we go to court!
Activity: 84
Just don't be one of those people who doesn't see the writing on the wall, here.
Those pictures give a whole new meaning to hashing power.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Good new!
First Miners Received!

CGMiner98 will be provided whit your new viper miner

The faster models have liquide cooling
Activity: 40
Just a friendly reminder that we at http://fightalpha.net/ have a slew of information for you to rummage through to make your small claims case.
Activity: 700
I can just imagine it now. All of these Vipers running in India for weeks or even months before being shipped to the UK.
Pretty sure they've said the units would ship directly from India... lol, "units"... as if something actually exists.

What are they in control of? Sounds like they outsourced everything, including the non-existent customer service. So if a customer gets a faulty "Unit", or if they refuse delivery, it goes back to India? This just gets better and better doesn't it.
They were always quite clear that they were going to outsource all of product development.  Originally they stated that Dexcel was organzing pretty much everything and Alpha was providing support and knowledge of scrypt mining.
I can just imagine it now. All of these Vipers running in India for weeks or even months before being shipped to the UK.
Pretty sure they've said the units would ship directly from India... lol, "units"... as if something actually exists.

What are they in control of? Sounds like they outsourced everything, including the non-existent customer service. So if a customer gets a faulty "Unit", or if they refuse delivery, it goes back to India? This just gets better and better doesn't it.
Activity: 84
That`s what I said days ago. Alpha T mining already on vipers ...

They only laughing when are reading of all this Wink
Activity: 700
Pages:
Jump to: