Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 60. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
After disputing the transaction with CC company, I received and E-mail from PayPal they reopend 1 case that was first closed directly because outside the 45 days period.
So people keep pushing PP and your CC company.
It's simple: You ordered and paid for a Viper to arrive by July 2014 and you received 0 (and will probably never receive anything).
Act now while there still might be a chance to recover funds...
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.

Better off contacting your CC, you could call PayPal again and probably get a totally different response. Their customers service is very hit or miss.
Activity: 3
I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
well done guys getting $$$ back from papal. I have a friend who pre-ordered (I warned him) and is pissed off at the moment that he will not ROI due to the long delays. I will surely let him know that he has a good chance of getting a full refund.
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Activity: 2
It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Total success story: Tada!!!  Unbelievable! I went back to PayPal after reading the above information and pressed PayPal with escalating to their Protection department or PayPal legal, and when I brought this up, the person on the other end said that many more Alpha T customers are on the list and regardless of Alpha T terms of purchase for refunds, since they have not shipped the unit to me and do not have a unit as proof that it exists, I could get my money back NOW !  All I needed to do then was to go to PayPal and transfer the refund they just gave me for my 50Mh ghost unit and put that money back into my bank account!!!!!  ALL DONE.

I did take the time to fully explain the original refund policy of AT. I also made it clear about how AT took final payment and had to stop in July after the CC processor found out they did not have a product to ship. I also told the person that after I paid for my unit in January 2014, that AT sometime much later in the year tried to categorize all of us customers as businesses. The call center PayPal person was aware of all these things and much more negative things about Alpha Technology from many other disputes recently filed by AT customers. She told me that her decision to give me back my money was solely based on no product being able to be shipped at this time. There is no way AT can wiggle out of this one. They had no product to ship by 30 Sep which is painfully admitted in their own recently sent email and post on their site. Regardless of all the other conditions they tried to impose and lies they tried to tell to us, they lose.   The day of their arrogant refusal to give refunds is over for those of us who paid using PayPal.

I suggest that if you used PayPal as payment, regardless of how long ago you made that payment, now is the time to strike and call PayPal back. Ask the call center person to escalate directly to their Protection Services or Legal department and make clear how you paid and never got your unit as promised by AT's own imposed NLT ship date of 30 Sep. You should be able to immediately get your money back.

I am pretty sure that AT is monitoring this site and thread. So if you are, stand by to have to pay back everyone you have misled and deceived since 2013. You would have been much smarter to have just been honest and transparent with your customers, as you site so eloquently states that you do.  The chickens have come home to roost for AT. Strike while the iron is HOT!
Activity: 714
It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Exactly.  In reality Paypal is on the side of the seller.  That's where they generate their fees, so they are going to make every attempt to turn you away.

Best bet is to go to your credit card company first if that is at all possible.

On LItecointalk a guy finally got his full deposit with reversed by PayPal.  He escalated to Protection Service and Legal and they finally saw all the complaints.  You just have to keep talking to people at PayPal, don't give up and don't take the Alpha tech we'll refund your 30% if you put down the full 100%.  Alpha still has all the PayPal money frozen so you can get it reversed easily.  The ball is rolling, everyone get on board.
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Exactly.  In reality Paypal is on the side of the seller.  That's where they generate their fees, so they are going to make every attempt to turn you away.

Best bet is to go to your credit card company first if that is at all possible.
Activity: 741
X2

The 45 days things is a myth. In AT case, its usually 75 days from the latest day they were supposed to ship. So octobre 1st + 75 days.

It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.
Activity: 119
Well at least i've the option.

What about wire transfert ?  Do some of you guys did something about that ?

I know wire transfers are harder to reverse. They might be able to do something during the first 24 hours, in case it goes to the wrong account? If you get a court order granting you access to their funds, that's probably your only option at this point.  If they don't have the money to give you, you might be SOL. Assuming they emptied their bank accounts.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

talk to your banks fraud department they might be able to reverse it.

Activity: 23
It's always easy to ask for a refund.
However getting a refund is another thing...

For the 3 with Visa - it's easy to ask for a refund.
Oh and I paid 3 Viper using Visa-Paypall, and 2 Viper via Bank wire.

For the 3 with Visa - it's easy to ask for a refund.  But how about the 2 via Bank Wire ?  Some of you tried something ? 
Hey guys - when trying to access Alpha-T website, Im getting warning (in French, sorry) :

Le certificat de sécurité présenté par ce site Web a été émis pour une autre adresse de site Web.
Les problèmes de certificat de sécurité peuvent indiquer une tentative de duperie ou d’interception des données que vous envoyez sur le serveur. 

+++

Wtf ?
The only way to amp it re paypal is to call again and ask for it to be added to the Alpha Tech complaint file they are now aware of the failing to meet delivery and expecting calls.
So everyone who can call please call paypal ove the next few days so it emphasises the imperative msg that these funds may be up to no good.

You could also try to write to the now-CEO of Paypal, John Donahoe.
When others asked then-CEO David Marcus for a refund of Butterfly Labs orders, I did too and it was successful, even though the 45 days period was long over.

Everyone has to file PayPal disputes and post their dispute numbers here.  That way you all can use them as evidence when you escalate the disputes to claims when they are automatically denied.
Activity: 616
Flood them with emails, calls and send them something via post. All of you, not just a handful. You will get attention swiftly in this manner, and if enough do it, it could even be marked as a scam on a business level, and would be broadcast to other financial institutions.
hm
Activity: 107
The only way to amp it re paypal is to call again and ask for it to be added to the Alpha Tech complaint file they are now aware of the failing to meet delivery and expecting calls.
So everyone who can call please call paypal ove the next few days so it emphasises the imperative msg that these funds may be up to no good.

You could also try to write to the now-CEO of Paypal, John Donahoe.
When others asked then-CEO David Marcus for a refund of Butterfly Labs orders, I did too and it was successful, even though the 45 days period was long over.
Pages:
Jump to: