Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 76. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
News from the front

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email ([email protected]) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

Anyone else smell the desperation in that email. I hear the death knell toll for Alpha. Offering partial refunds to stave off full refunds from missing their Q3 deadline that's pretty hilarious. I guess its pretty clear Alpha have given up and are trying to get out of this with the shirts on their backs and avoid a prison cell.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
And like the past few photo updates, it too is a departure from what everyone paid for, even in physical appearance.
Funny..because those are toasters.

With a greater potential to generate any level of heat, than AT gear right now.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
And like the past few photo updates, it too is a departure from what everyone paid for, even in physical appearance.
Funny..because those are toasters.
Activity: 532
NEW PREPRODUCTION PHOTO VIPER

You can see the cooling fan, really close to the 400 core asic chips

I heard it can do 1000 khashbrowns/sec
Activity: 462
I wanted to capture this before it gets deleted: From Mick on the Alpha T forum: "I had a a few Friends  in Manchester go to the Alpha office  The place has been abandoned for months (phone disconnected, fl mail piled up in the doorway). The general consensus from the the local people and businesses is that Alpha are a bunch of crooks and their customers have been scammed.

Mubasher Akram ... if I do not have my order to 2 October
or my money is completely with me again.
  then some of my Albanian friends are in England begin to seek you.

consider yourself lucky if you
  the police found earlier."

That is a good intimidation.
Activity: 86
I wanted to capture this before it gets deleted: From Mick on the Alpha T forum: "I had a a few Friends  in Manchester go to the Alpha office  The place has been abandoned for months (phone disconnected, fl mail piled up in the doorway). The general consensus from the the local people and businesses is that Alpha are a bunch of crooks and their customers have been scammed.

Mubasher Akram ... if I do not have my order to 2 October
or my money is completely with me again.
  then some of my Albanian friends are in England begin to seek you.

consider yourself lucky if you
  the police found earlier."
For anyone who hasn't heard, some KNC Titan units have apparently trickled into customer hands (elsewhere on BCT). Customer order statuses are beginning to change from 'paid' to 'processing'.

Processing->Shipped is usually fairly quick.

It would appear, Alpha has failed. Again.

But do we have to keep saying again? I mean it's the norm?
Activity: 433
I wonder what you have to do have the judgement enforced.  Any idea?

smash his teeth in.

ROFLMAO. Not that I (publicly) condone violence but that made me laugh hard.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
they are bleeding money through chargebacks and lawsuits.

As far as I am aware, they have not lost much [if anything] on legal cases. There is currently only one case on this thread of someone winning (and that was by default) through small claims - but no update as to the status of whether the refund was indeed given. My guess is that it wasn't/hasn't been [yet].

You're correct, I won in small claims but haven't received anything yet

smash his teeth in.
Activity: 402

As far as I am aware, they have not lost much [if anything] on legal cases. There is currently only one case on this thread of someone winning (and that was by default) through small claims - but no update as to the status of whether the refund was indeed given. My guess is that it wasn't/hasn't been [yet].

I have received my full refund, via chargeback from Barclaycard.

I had paid through Paypal who refused to do anything due to being over 45 days. Barclaycard have refunded within a month with no questions asked.

I am so glad this is over.....

Yep, mine was a Barclaycard also.  They were good about the whole thing.  The rep laughed outright at this whole "you're a business" claim being made by Alpha and said "oh no, they can't do that."  They asked me to send supporting docs and bada-bing, bada-boom a few days later the provisional credit showed up.

When PayPal pushed back I had to resend some of the same stuff to rebut their "you are a business" tripe, but that was the end of it.  The whole thing was pretty painless.  Took maybe an hour to put the docs together and maybe 20 minutes on the phone presenting the whole thing to their fraud dept, but I'd say that was worth the amount I had tied up with these people.

Congrats on getting your money back from these guys.
Activity: 462

I had paid through Paypal who refused to do anything due to being over 45 days. Barclaycard have refunded within a month with no questions asked.

Glad to hear that.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
NEW PREPRODUCTION PHOTO VIPER

You can see the cooling fan, really close to the 400 core asic chips

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Activity: 109

Any news on this? When it will be delivered? I know we are pushy but still we have paid for that product..

Honestly I don't think it is going to happen at all. 

they are bleeding money through chargebacks and lawsuits.  they have no updates with 2 weeks to supposed delivery and I haven't seen a photo of any component.  nothing in terms of a power supply, board, chip, not so much as a damn wingnut.  ditto on the assembly line.  nothing.

the dam has burst, IMO, in terms of customers successfully getting their money back, they are nowhere near shipping anything and they're going under.  I think they are busier with their lawyers than their suppliers right now and this one is going to fold without shipping anything.  ever.

This really is how I see it.  not trying to spread FUD.  I think they got in way over their heads, were long on arrogance and bullshit, but short on know how or anything that actually mattered, and they've totally flopped.  It's game over.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Their only employee, the owner, was last quoted as saying they are still on track for shipping before the end of the month, and will beat the competition to delivery.

Hold on, don't forget Alpha-Ts esteemed VP of ASIC Development and Supply Chain Management (lol), who reports to Mohammad 'The Bashful' Akram on a daily basis.

Eric Gunn (VP of Asic Development)

A semiconductor executive with over 30 years global experience with a proven track record of delivering state-of-the-art technical and commercial solutions.

Eric has held senior management positions at various worldwide corporate companies including TSMC, GUC, National Semiconductor and Plessey as well as numerous start-up Fabless and ASIC companies.

Eric is responsible for all aspects of Alpha Technology ASIC development and supply chain including management of external design and manufacturing partners.

and

Mubasher is responsible for liaising with all aspects of engineering on a daily basis and providing his technical and cryptocurrency expertise when needed. In addition he oversees the day to day operations of Alpha Technology, making sure everything runs on schedule.

There is obviously another possible side story to what appears to be an imminent train wreck ...

~L)L~
Any news on this? When it will be delivered? I know we are pushy but still we have paid for that product..

Their only employee, the owner, was last quoted as saying they are still on track for shipping before the end of the month, and will beat the competition to delivery.

Take that with a bag of salt.

not a chance in hell.  the last update was still of drawings.  I haven't seen a picture of a single component.  no reports of anything.

PayPal tried to fight my chargeback, but couldn't dispute the fact that they were in violation of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/contents/made

they came with the argument that the DSR's didn't apply because I was a business, as these assholes tried to claim.  In my filing and in my response I again asserted that I wasn't a business because they damn well had to tell me I was a business before purchase.  Not telling us that is a misleading omission, even if they did intend that, which I don't believe they ever did in the first place.  I don't think the wankers even knew what the DSR's were and figured their TOS would be enough.  It's not.  The chargeback has been finalized and it's all over at this point for me.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1277/regulation/6/made

As soon as I mentioned that in an e-mail to Alpha even prior to filing with my CC company for a chargeback Alpha offered a 50% refund, and I mean within minutes I got some hastily clattered out message that they would do it for a good faith gesture or some such shit.

instantly gone was the canned response and cocky bullshit attitude I'd dealt with for days about their top shelf legal team and how I could just sod off.  all of that was gone in an instant. 

It's the gaping hole in their argument and totally neutralizes this stupid 'you're a business' claim before they can even make it.  don't forget to use that.

I think they tried to pull this shit without legal advice and their attorneys have told them that their goose is fucking cooked if people get onto that.  I know it scared the piss out of them and stopped PayPal in their tracks when they tried to jam it back to me.
Pages:
Jump to: