Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 87. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Section 75 may not even be applicable in this case as the payment was made through a third party ie paypal.
Yeh I forgot that it was Paypal. But the money coming back to people from chargebacks still isn't definately coming from Alpha T. It is coming from the Paypal owned bank account. I've had to deal with chargebacks before as an ex- Paypal-using merchant and the chargebacks get pushed through (with extra fees) regardless of how much money is on your account; which means negative balances. If AT don't have the money in the Paypal account, then the cash is coming from Paypal and AT will be asked to zero their account balance.
I have read that some CC issuers in the past have still gone with S75 even with PP transactions.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
... The credit card companies don't play the role of insurance. ...

Sigh. See Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Most people are not using section 75. They are using chargebacks. The credit card company is not jointly liable for a chargeback so the money is being recovered from Alpha's bank or possibly their paypal account (if it has indeed been frozen).
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback
"Chargeback doesn't mean there is joint liability on the card company. Claims must be addressed to the bank that provides your debit or credit card, which in turn will put in a request to the merchant's bank."

Section 75 may not even be applicable in this case as the payment was made through a third party ie paypal.
http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/consumer/consumer_credit/500520.html
"You must also be careful when third parties are involved as a credit card company will not be liable to pay in these circumstances. A common example would be purchasing something on your credit card through an internet payment facility such as PayPal. As there is no technical direct relationship in these circumstances between the credit card company and the supplier you will not be covered by section 75."

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act#link-5
"If you use your credit card to pay for something through PayPal and the funds go direct to the seller, then as long as the company you're buying from has a 'Commercial Entity Agreement' with Paypal you may still be able to claim under Section 75 for any misrepresentation or breach of contract."

What's the betting Alpha doesn't have a "Commercial Entity Agreement"
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Knc 350M 1300watt around 6000USD
Compared with Alpha,I think Knc is better.
Activity: 109
... The credit card companies don't play the role of insurance. ...

Sigh. See Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

If the debtor under a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement falling within section 12(b) or (c) has, in relation to a transaction financed by the agreement, any claim against the supplier in respect of a misrepresentation or breach of contract, he shall have a like claim against the creditor, who, with the supplier, shall accordingly be jointly and severally liable to the debtor.

The liability is shared between customer and creditor (if the transaction is over a hundred pounds). This means that if the company goes bankrupt, then the credit card company probably will not be able to recover funds but you ARE still entitled to some refund from the credit card company, as they shared the liability initially. In this case, they will try and get it back but there is no easy way to know if you claim is coming back out AT's account or simply putting everyone's interest rates up.

For an overview of what this means see here: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act
Activity: 60
How many months after payment did you manage to get a chargeback?
But even if you get a chargeback, isn't that just being paid by the CC company instead of AT?

Good ol' fashioned credit cards. Got my refund. GG.

Negative. The credit card companies don't play the role of insurance. Whatever money people are getting back is coming directly from some account of the Mubasher mother fucker.
Activity: 23
How many months after payment did you manage to get a chargeback?
But even if you get a chargeback, isn't that just being paid by the CC company instead of AT?

Activity: 28
Nice... very nice. Seeing More and more people getting charged back theyr money makes me feel good. Wink
Activity: 7
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Maybe Mohammed 'The Basher' Akram has done a deal with Josh for Vault Breakers and he is going to ship y'all a VB mini in a week … erm or some hashlets or something … erm maybe some used A2s … or maybe just a 25mhs Zeus Box.
legendary
ex uno plures
Does anybody think that if these guys were 4 weeks away from shipping something and digging themselves out of this hole they wouldn't be shouting about it on their forum or here ?

Good luck folks.
Activity: 402
What is the chance that Alpha-T will be upping their 30% offer to 49% at the end of September after they announce more development delays ?

Eventually they will just give 100% of the company to the customers.  I mean its practically worthless.  I wish all companies acted this childish.  AT is pretty much saying stop telling us what to do.  If you think it's easy to run a company, here... you figure it out.

it's a lot easier when you're not digging out of a hole, producing an already obsolete product, your company is bleeding money and customers are suing your ass off.

so, I for one am glad Mubasher is the swashbuckling genius he says he is, cause no-one else could possibly pull this shit off!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
What is the chance that Alpha-T will be upping their 30% offer to 49% at the end of September after they announce more development delays ?

Eventually they will just give 100% of the company to the customers.  I mean its practically worthless.  I wish all companies acted this childish.  AT is pretty much saying stop telling us what to do.  If you think it's easy to run a company, here... you figure it out.
Activity: 350
Awesome so almost a month has passed since the guaranteed ASIC delivery in July, this is a fact.  What is their final word on a ship date?
my guess: ~2 weeks :/

may be more
legendary
ex uno plures
legendary
ex uno plures
Maybe The Basher should get together with Homero Garza and convert all the Viper orders to hashlets and then pocket the difference … he is already on record as having said that anything over 25mhs is not legally binding on them.

~L)L~
legendary
ex uno plures
Awesome so almost a month has passed since the guaranteed ASIC delivery in July, this is a fact.  What is their final word on a ship date?

As Fiaz used to say: Not Never
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

next year. dont expect anything better, that will just disappoint you.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
rest assured -_-
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
my guess: ~2 weeks :/
Activity: 119

Soon Wink
Pages:
Jump to: