Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 83. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

All I can read from the blog post is again the same story ...where is the actual working miner displaying hashrate and power consumption ?

There is no miner, there's no official stats. It's still going through tapeout.

They have less than 2 weeks to begin assembly and shipping. Only 2 months late, what's the rush now right folks?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 770

All I can read from the blog post is again the same story ...where is the actual working miner displaying hashrate and power consumption ?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Rest Assured

15 working days left in September

This is a fact
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Good ol' fashioned credit cards. Got my refund. GG.

But how did You do it? I've paid by credit card through PayPal. PayPal sent me an email, that they can not do anything, because it is more then 45 days. Actionfraud.police.co.uk sent me email, that they can not do anything, because:
Your report has been assessed by the NFIB and there is insufficient information that
would provide clear lines of investigation at this time. Clear lines of investigation
include, but are not limited to, things such as bank account details where money was
transferred to, names and addresses of the suspect(s) and where appropriate, vehicle
registration details.

So I decided to contact PayPal again and ask them for a banck account details, but the case is closed. And there is no option how to open it again, nor open a new one for the same transaction. Also they are not responding to email communication to [email protected] . How can I obtain AlphaTech bank account details? What Can I do now??? Please help.

Don´t go to Paypal! Even if Your CC Bank is asking for it. Start the Claim directley with the Bank, Hosting your CC.
Many People including myself did it that way and got their Money back. In my case within 2 weeks.

Good Luck.

You say I have to start this https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome not to Alpha, not to PayPal, but directly to my bank???

No! Just Forget about Alpha and Paypal.
File a Claim with your Bank! which gave you you CC! Tell them you are a victim of Internet fraught. Tell them the Story about Alpha changing theit TOS several times, removed their Tel. Number, That they removed the possibility of Payment py Paypal and CC, although they promissed it in theit original TOS. That they refuse to refund you and/or have stopped comunication with you and that THEY ( The Bank ) are supposed to Charge back your Money.
In Any Case: Remember, that you are responsible for telling them the truth, and that you should have been trying, to get your Money back from Alpha direcly bifore.

Good Luck Wink
Activity: 402
Merit: 250

"According to the 2nd September blog post on the company’s official site, the ASICs are now undergoing thermal tests and simulations. The development team also released diagrams of the updated enclosure, which the company previously said was being reimagined.

The team added that it expects to begin shipping the Viper later this month, "

they're running simulations.  haven't even gone to tapeout yet.

my "manufacturing simulation" shows that odds of delivery by month end are zero.

good news is that every single customer is good to say 'oh, you're now super-duper even out of your illegal TOS late, give me my money back'

these guys are going under.   I think they know it too, hence no tapeout, no delivery of components, nothing.   why spend the money.  shovel as much as you can out the door and declare bankruptcy.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
johny08 : its basicly exactly the same, except there is no screen, no PSU,no wifi, no fancy brushed steel enclusure....

-_-

And most importantly...no ASIC chips!

Latest article on the sad state of affairs of alpha-t on CoinDesk:
"The Viper has seen several design changes over the course of its development arc, a process that has been both praised and decried by the mining community. CoinDesk will continue monitoring the Viper’s development and provide an update when a delivery date has been formally set."

source: http://www.coindesk.com/mining-roundup-new-tests-viper-look-inside-bitmains-bitcoin-factory/

According to the article Alpha indicated that they believe they will begin shipping units by the end of the month.  This, when they don't even have the first batch of chips on hand to test controller integration, etc.

At this point, I'm > 65% sure that the whole Alpha situation is a complete bust and that's being generous.

Likely Coindesk article title for October on Alpha-T:
"Alpha Technologies fails to deliver.  Filing for Bankruptcy, customers left in a lurch!"
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Here is the SBC that Alpha used in their propaganda:

http://www.cnx-software.com/tag/som/page/10/

It was released in 2012.

They probably found one for cheap on the internet somewhere. I am still looking for their "Controller Board".. Which is complete crap.

Its from an india company and as they work together with decxter, which is indian. it makes sense.

This is the actual board not made by Dexcel, but by Calixto:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/File:CS_AM335x_VERSA_SOM_WLAN.jpg

It looks like Dexcel made a prototype controller for this so-dimm System on Module, but what doesn't make sense is why they are connecting to that old relic via USB of the Computer(Server) on Pcie board. That doesn't even work really unless you do some very interesting things with drivers. The Calixto AM335x is its own computer capable of running Linux.

Also the block diagrams are shit. Every graphic I have seen from these guys are total crap. The new pic of the HTPC with a sticker with their logo on it is an interesting setup. But the new schematics doesn't even show the correct on silicone algorithm chain for the Application Specific IC.

In my opinion..they are total crap. Someone should contact Dexcel to see if they will give us any information on what their Prototype process is to see how easy/hard it is to get something built for the SoM. Then follow it up to see if Alpha's contract is still being honored.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Here is the SBC that Alpha used in their propaganda:

http://www.cnx-software.com/tag/som/page/10/

It was released in 2012.

They probably found one for cheap on the internet somewhere. I am still looking for their "Controller Board".. Which is complete crap.
Activity: 17
Good ol' fashioned credit cards. Got my refund. GG.

But how did You do it? I've paid by credit card through PayPal. PayPal sent me an email, that they can not do anything, because it is more then 45 days. Actionfraud.police.co.uk sent me email, that they can not do anything, because:
Your report has been assessed by the NFIB and there is insufficient information that
would provide clear lines of investigation at this time. Clear lines of investigation
include, but are not limited to, things such as bank account details where money was
transferred to, names and addresses of the suspect(s) and where appropriate, vehicle
registration details.

So I decided to contact PayPal again and ask them for a banck account details, but the case is closed. And there is no option how to open it again, nor open a new one for the same transaction. Also they are not responding to email communication to [email protected] . How can I obtain AlphaTech bank account details? What Can I do now??? Please help.

Don´t go to Paypal! Even if Your CC Bank is asking for it. Start the Claim directley with the Bank, Hosting your CC.
Many People including myself did it that way and got their Money back. In my case within 2 weeks.

Good Luck.

You say I have to start this https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome not to Alpha, not to PayPal, but directly to my bank???
Activity: 40
Does anyone have a copy of the original terms that didn't have any of the crap about after 5 months no refund?

I am disputing this with my credit card and alpha tech linked them to their current terms that they've changed about 18,000 times now.

If I am mistaken please tell me but I remember originally it just being 70 pounds to cancel.

Thanks!

http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=2.0
legendary
Activity: 1050
johny08 : its basicly exactly the same, except there is no screen, no PSU,no wifi, no fancy brushed steel enclusure....

-_-

cardboard enclosure anyone.

The worlds first recyclable Bitcoin mining machine.
Activity: 616

-_-

And it's still hashing faster than the Viper.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

-_-

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

-_-
legendary
Activity: 1045
That is the advertising

that what you paid for, will not get now, but maybe who knows when

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Pages:
Jump to: