Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 28. (Read 7192 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 260
December 06, 2017, 08:51:21 AM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
you should be more observant and attentive using bittrex,
because you'll never know what will pump next thats the hardest
thing in daytrading,thats why I invested for long term so i dont
have to worry everyday
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 08:13:24 AM
You should cut loss if that coins have no potential to grow more. Mostly altcoins are dead because of bitcoin price, you should consider to cutloss and hold strong altcoins like Neo, Eth, Etc...

When you invest your money on some shit coins for short-term profits then you should fix your stop loss as well otherwise you may either need to wait very long to recover or sometimes they may not recover at all.

Not only ETH, Neo is good but there are many other good coins are there but you need to carefully choose the right coins to hold for long to make profits.
Thank you for this, I know this is one of my biggest mistake. I bought some shitcoins while do not researching them before, I just bought and hold before. I realized that when in some altcoins, there are good for short term and there are some good for long term.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
December 06, 2017, 08:03:22 AM
It was my first time and had exactly the same experienced on trading, I thought it was easy to earn profit and I started buying Alts which ever caught my attention, that result to lost more than half of investment.

But now, I am more careful, and started to gain which I lost.
This is what makes trading a thrilling lively profession. Especially when someone is trading digital currencies as we all know how much volatile these are in nature. The most difficult one to deal with is bitcoin but it is also the most promising one when it comes to producing profit. A person learns by making mistakes and I am happy to see that you have no big regrets about past. Now you will be becoming a professional in this field soon.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
December 05, 2017, 11:13:23 PM
You should cut loss if that coins have no potential to grow more. Mostly altcoins are dead because of bitcoin price, you should consider to cutloss and hold strong altcoins like Neo, Eth, Etc...

When you invest your money on some shit coins for short-term profits then you should fix your stop loss as well otherwise you may either need to wait very long to recover or sometimes they may not recover at all.

Not only ETH, Neo is good but there are many other good coins are there but you need to carefully choose the right coins to hold for long to make profits.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
ICO starting on 16th of April!
December 05, 2017, 11:07:36 PM
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
December 05, 2017, 09:45:14 PM
In my opinion if you trade on BTC pair, for the better doing cut loss by sell it now because the price of BTC strong up trend now. Then start trading again with short term trading and also use new risk management, fox example decide and specify percentase of take profit and cut loss because cut loss strategy is important to minimize the lose and on short term trading dont be greedy to take profit.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
December 05, 2017, 08:00:49 PM
Cryptocurrency is a very vast and fast market! It appear to me that you were not flipping your trade like you should. Your strategy should be clear! If you are holding for long term you should be in bitcoin. Altcoin trade is for short term and sometime you could opt out as a result of your stop loss!

That's why on trading we need technical analysis so that we can earn more money on our trades, But there are some potential Altcoins that needed to hold for long term since some of them are been dump around since mostly of the trades/whales are keep aftering of the prime of bitcoins. And this is the right time to spot and buy those cheap potential profitable tokens. And I already earned some of them but if people would hunt it they should make sure for themselves to read on whats happening on the coin or see if the dev is active to avoid bought those dead shitcoins.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
December 05, 2017, 07:59:42 PM
If you loss,  just face it..  Or hold. If you trade it with a good coin theres a huge possibility it will go up again to compensate your loss.

I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
December 05, 2017, 07:54:42 PM
When we make the decision to invest in a market as volatile as this, we must always bear in mind that the possibility of suffering great losses is imminent, especially when we have no experience in this type of business. But on the other hand, this great volatility is also a great advantage, because it allows you to cover the previous losses fairly quickly if you learn through your mistakes the right time to buy and sell.

Therefore instead of lamenting for your past losses, go ahead and wait patiently for the right moment, while you learn from this forum.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
December 05, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
Firstly I would suggest you to avoid bittrex, many people call it shittrex now because they freeze funds for no reason and their support don't cares about customers.
Then I would say that your second problem after bittrex is no knowledge. You don't have to just collect money and turn in game, you need to learn at first, try yourself to find good books, don't look for help from others. When you try yourself very hard, you will achieve success. I mean you have to take some work and search yourself, read much and etc.
Activity: 623
Merit: 262
December 05, 2017, 06:21:16 PM
Cryptocurrency is a very vast and fast market! It appear to me that you were not flipping your trade like you should. Your strategy should be clear! If you are holding for long term you should be in bitcoin. Altcoin trade is for short term and sometime you could opt out as a result of your stop loss!

Exactly if there is a proper strategy and forecast for trading then losses can be minimized and turn the loses into future gains but we need to have our own research and different plans if one plane fails rather than having limited choices and ending up losing with the hope that one strategy you have will work someday.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 03:48:48 PM
Did you use any particular strategy, or relied on gut feelings?
From my experience if you strictly follow some strategy (preferably using trading robots), you most likely break even. Finding winning strategy is complex task by itself, because it involves analyzing data, modelling, and testing, which needs to be proved on large sets of data.
Gut feeling strategy us usually the best way to loose money.
From other point of view, why not just stop trading altogether, hold bitcoin, and enjoy daily 5% gains?
Activity: 266
Merit: 110
December 05, 2017, 03:40:45 PM

May I ask how exactly did you lose 50% of your capital?
We are currently experiencing one of the biggest bull market in history!
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 03:36:36 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
December 05, 2017, 03:19:25 PM
Maybe you should stop trading for a while. Trading needs a lot of patience and you should not be hot-headed when you are in the trading business. Your loss indicates your incapability of handling situations and money. Maybe you are not YET ready. Cool down first and try to compensate all your loss by the means of other job.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 01:01:44 PM
ouch man been there, the best thing you can do is rework your strat, dont let emotions play and just keep building up your stash by using rational, corrective logic and trend analysis.

All the traders of bitcoin will not come to know about bitcoin with out the loss in trading.By the you may lose your investing,but won't lose the hope .Even if you invest now means you will  get the lost bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
December 05, 2017, 12:35:30 PM
The only advice anyone can give you is what you have already given yourself which is to learn. There is nothing anyone can tell you here that can make you gain that knowledge unless you go online, do some research, find out how you can do technical analysis, and then start all over again. For now, you just need to pause any trading activity you are doing and get that done first.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 12:33:40 PM
Noone except a minority can beat "long btc" strategy over the long run. I know you won the lottery by buying a hypecoin but that does not make you a trader. Do not daytrade.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 05, 2017, 12:31:52 PM

1. You need to stop trading now.
2. You should trade demo until you have good and steady profit with demo then back to real trade.

Btw, which coins are still in hold? You hold buy ro sell trades?
Rather than trading demo immediately for a start, I will advise he should try to learn some basics about trading, some strategies and how to do some technical analysis first. The reason why a lot of traders are making a lot of money is because they made a decision to learn.

After learning, he can then try his hands on demo and he should also make sure he trades on demo with the exact amount he wants to start with in real life.
If you will jump into water without having any know how about how to swim, then you will for sure drown in water. Same is the case when it comes to trading. Knowledge is the most important thing which you do need to have before even thinking about 6rading. Otherwise, the results will not be that much different than what you are experiencing right now. So you do need to have some good knowledge about anything which you want to do.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Unpaid signature.
December 05, 2017, 12:30:51 PM
ouch man been there, the best thing you can do is rework your strat, dont let emotions play and just keep building up your stash by using rational, corrective logic and trend analysis.
Pages:
Jump to: