Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 29. (Read 7192 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 11:47:18 AM
Now that you quickly realized you had lost 50% of capital, I suggests you should quit trading at the moments and go back to the basics or reading,learn and discovery. Then after you are good at identifying coins with poor and great features then you can resume trading...

I bet you would start winning big.
December 05, 2017, 11:44:08 AM
It happens, it would happen, if it doesn't you will lost hard and hangover.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
December 05, 2017, 11:32:24 AM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

The best advice that I could give you is that, you should be patient because trading is not simple and it is risky. That is why you should keep an eye on the news and you should keep an eye on prices. Buy low and sell high, avoid following what others are telling you because it is your money, make your own judgement when trading.
It is not at all and most times, newbie traders are always busy looking for the quick profit. Everything in the trading world requires some patience most especially when you have made the mistake of taking the best decision in the first place. Nothing lasts forever and the 50% loss may end up being a 50% profit tomorrow.

I remember buying into cardano some few days back and man, that was some huge cash that flowed in. The good thing about trading is that, if you know what you are doing, you can hardly make the wrong call, and even if you make the wrong call, you will get out before you even know it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
December 05, 2017, 11:04:03 AM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

When i just started trading i was lost 80% my capital with Siacoin and Bitshare and i think the best way to improve trading skill is learn technical analysis simultaneously we also need to join trading community to learn experience of trader before
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
December 05, 2017, 11:02:00 AM

I was in the same scenario of yours and I am also down quite a lot at the moment in my trades in terms of satoshi valuation. I am in profit in terms of USD though. We actually got into crypto trading at a very bad period everything was at a peak that time and we bought at high. so now as you have not mentioned the coins you invested I would suggest the strategy which I used. I have averaged out my losses by buying more at dips of the coins which I was holding and is confident about. that way you can average out your losses and maybe earn some profit too.

As you aid the lost capital can be earned back if you pick the correct coin for trading,I suggest you to do trade altcoins as well as the bitcoin which cut out the losses if some coin price fall,and mostly invest on bitcoin trading because the price of bitcoin keeps increasing so it will give you profit if we can calculate through USD.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
December 05, 2017, 10:51:34 AM

I was in the same scenario of yours and I am also down quite a lot at the moment in my trades in terms of satoshi valuation. I am in profit in terms of USD though. We actually got into crypto trading at a very bad period everything was at a peak that time and we bought at high. so now as you have not mentioned the coins you invested I would suggest the strategy which I used. I have averaged out my losses by buying more at dips of the coins which I was holding and is confident about. that way you can average out your losses and maybe earn some profit too.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
December 05, 2017, 08:59:36 AM
I am building up a longtime portfolio of a mixed bag of crypto. After that I will experiment on trading for real but need the foundation.
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 08:55:24 AM
whatever the reason, you must ready for the worst risk in trading,, just give you one advice, dont hold altcoin for long term,, and when you make sell order, use stop loss to avoid much loss..
Activity: 85
December 05, 2017, 08:54:04 AM

Just hold the coins for atleast a year.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
December 05, 2017, 08:41:42 AM
I lost around 90% of my profits since july because I bagheld certain coins too long so I understand your loss. Luckily some are beginning to go up and some will start earning me revenues. I have learnt my lesson though and this is what I advise you to do. Try to do some arbitrage trading where you are guaranteed either to make more ETH OR BTC and still end up holding the same number of coins you are trading, or if you want to grow a specific coin count, do arbitrage to up your coin bags.

I also now would sell at first ATH a new coin as you get it, then buy the same or bigger amount in the dip, that way you offset losing from dumpers. Nothing is set in stone and you need to find what works best for you. I would also invest in coins/tokens that really show promise in the future, not just pump and dump schemes. DON'T FOLLOW PUMP GROUPS, that's a bad idea.  Wink
Activity: 47
December 05, 2017, 08:38:18 AM
Investing and losses is a very normal thing when starting the crypto market. When I first started in this market I lost 75% of my capital, I felt very scared but then I got back the capital and made a profit from high profit projects.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 08:32:37 AM
My advice: get training from a practicing trader. If you trade yourself without training, then it is possible to lose all your capital. Learning yourself is not a good option. It was better to pay the lost money for training to trading.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 08:17:15 AM
It is okay,
You dont lose 60%, only 50%
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
December 04, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
Hang on, it is common.
It is a risk of trading.

You ll like it later.
Just HODL
Activity: 167
Merit: 59
December 04, 2017, 09:33:48 AM
i have actually read some demo accounts can actually be manipulated so you should be careful. I always started out doing smaller trades back at the start and correlating data to actually work out wha the best times statistically were to go and trade.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
December 04, 2017, 09:22:51 AM

1. You need to stop trading now.
2. You should trade demo until you have good and steady profit with demo then back to real trade.

Btw, which coins are still in hold? You hold buy ro sell trades?
Rather than trading demo immediately for a start, I will advise he should try to learn some basics about trading, some strategies and how to do some technical analysis first. The reason why a lot of traders are making a lot of money is because they made a decision to learn.

After learning, he can then try his hands on demo and he should also make sure he trades on demo with the exact amount he wants to start with in real life.
Activity: 196
December 04, 2017, 12:51:54 AM
I'm see your massage it is very sad news you lose 50% but I'm sure you don't analysis coin market. I just suggested you if you want to make a profits you must analysis coin via coinmarketcap hope you can got a best result with your Trade
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
December 04, 2017, 12:34:20 AM
I think that is happen to all traders not only you experience that when am new on trading i lost almost my capital but in almost 5 months on trading i have recover my loses and i also get a profit. Just choose a good coins and hold it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
December 03, 2017, 11:08:05 PM
The only tip you need is to not sell anything below what you paid for it. It's really that simple. Wait for the coin to regain the price you bought in at + a little extra.

Sometimes shit coins or bad coins will not recover back their losses so you should know which coins have a good future to hold them for a long term. For example, IOTA reached $1 couple of months back and went back to $0.3 range during the correction but I didn't sell them instead bought some more and today it is trading over $2. So it all depends on what kind of coins you're trading.
Activity: 364
December 03, 2017, 10:47:42 PM

Hello mate, my advice to you is that you should learn first the fundamental and technical analysis of candlestick charting and research the coins you wanted to trade. Trade only a little of your capital first for trial and error to analyze what strategy is the best for your trading.

you will never understand the market on how des it moves if you are not making to research and study it cause we all know that it is hard to understand it and some are take the looses and failed just because they start in a way wherein they dont understand clearly the market.
Pages:
Jump to: