Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 30. (Read 7192 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
December 03, 2017, 10:33:23 PM
Sorry for you but i think you should stop now and gain more experiences in trading then continue to do it. Keep chasing the lost will make you're losing more.
Activity: 243
December 03, 2017, 10:25:58 PM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

Trading is good to earn coin very fastand lose very fast.but its too risky to compit to other people.but that 50% lose you have is a part of trading,make some learn to your past trades and think it what was wrong when the time you lose that.trader is always buy low and sell high.hold your emotion always.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
December 03, 2017, 08:23:01 PM
The only tip you need is to not sell anything below what you paid for it. It's really that simple. Wait for the coin to regain the price you bought in at + a little extra.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
December 03, 2017, 08:21:16 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

Hello mate, my advice to you is that you should learn first the fundamental and technical analysis of candlestick charting and research the coins you wanted to trade. Trade only a little of your capital first for trial and error to analyze what strategy is the best for your trading.
Activity: 168
December 03, 2017, 03:50:46 PM
2 months ago I bought some Bitcoin for 200$ and forgot about it. Then I bought more for 50 and started trading. I lost 30$ from that 50$.
Just dont trade all of your money before you are totally ready Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
December 03, 2017, 01:55:59 PM
It was my first time and had exactly the same experienced on trading, I thought it was easy to earn profit and I started buying Alts which ever caught my attention, that result to lost more than half of investment.

But now, I am more careful, and started to gain which I lost.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
December 03, 2017, 01:54:01 PM

Wow with how much everything has gone up lately you truly are a terrible trader. Maybe you are trading too often? Fees eat up profit. Maybe you aren't trading on news or you a analyzing the news poorly.

If you only trade based on indicators you will lose to the bots every single time. You need to have a longer-term idea. Like make a bet on where bitcoin will be in a week or by the end of the month. Trade based on events like forks. If you just sell when things are going down you will get slaughtered. The fact that you already lost half of your capital should tell you that you are doing something wrong and need to be more disciplined.

Try just writing your trades down on a piece of paper instead of making them. Then analyze the results. See what ideas worked and which ideas didn't. Also, right down the trades you DIDN't make. Then analyze those the same way. If you learn where you were wrong you will be a much better trader in the long run.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
December 03, 2017, 01:34:28 PM
Thank you guys for those kind of words. Starting now, I starting to study about the charts or candles. So maybe for me as starter with low capital, may I start in some minors exchanges? Not like bittrex? what do you think guys?
There's no need to start on different exchanges but if that's what you prefer then go. I think the mistake here is on how you execute your trading strategy you have to make a change on how you pick the coins you like to trade.

My first trading experience also started with a loss but I immediately change things before my loss started to pile up.
What's obviously missing out in OP is that of lack of good enough trading knowledge and experience and not a wrong choice of exchanges site or coins, so he's on track to reckon he needs to study more. That's the foot for recouping all the coins he had lost!
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
December 03, 2017, 11:28:11 AM
me also , i lost from 0,1 to 0,02 because im holding coin so long ,
my advice for you , make your 50% lose as your invest , invest about what your mistake , and try comeback with  the remaining capital
and keep learn everytime
It's not that easy to do. Just imagine, 0.1 is not small amount it worth more than $1155. When you lose that amount, I bet you will regret and need to inactive from trading to refresh yourself. Holding coin is not a mistake, but you just chose the wrong coin(s).

yea , that make me sick for 2-3 week and i full regret of that , but if im always down , i cant make money again , so right now im try to up my last capital to go on 0,1 again ,  i hope i can
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 03, 2017, 10:18:50 AM
my advice for you , make your 50% lose as your invest , invest about what your mistake , and try comeback with  the remaining capital
and keep learn everytime
It's not that easy to do. Just imagine, 0.1 is not small amount it worth more than $1155. When you lose that amount, I bet you will regret and need to inactive from trading to refresh yourself. Holding coin is not a mistake, but you just chose the wrong coin(s).
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
December 03, 2017, 10:04:57 AM
if you lose constantly while trading,invest into studying the market
and also read and study and learn more about trading itself
it is not an easy business,if every single trader was profiting ,trading would have died Smiley
so try to cut the losses,do not go all in and learn and trade on demo accounts first
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 09:42:15 AM
Another trick is to sell when the markets are falling to avoid further losses.  I didn’t thinking that they might bounce back back but they didn’t.  So what could have been a loss of 10% was much worse.

This is valid for shitcoins.
For good coins, you will usually end buying high and selling low. 

I would invest something like 2/3 as mid/long term hold on strong coins and the remaining could be used to play on more risky investments.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
December 03, 2017, 09:26:32 AM
and keep learn everytime
Activity: 71
INS Ecosystem
December 03, 2017, 08:37:01 AM
Another trick is to sell when the markets are falling to avoid further losses.  I didn’t thinking that they might bounce back back but they didn’t.  So what could have been a loss of 10% was much worse.

Sometimes even trying to catch that falling knive can be a „good“ decision afterwards
Activity: 485
Merit: 274
December 03, 2017, 04:45:24 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 03, 2017, 04:37:02 AM
I think you have bought some shitcoins and you are now holding them like babies. Also you might have bought some coins when they are pumping hard and are below your buy price because every pump is followed by a dump/correction.

Try to make early exit during pump and buy coins during dumps.
Going with other coins will lead to the havoc of the loss and try bitcoin this will give you huge surprises in few time and now this is happening because the trader trend is purely toward bitcoin and altcoins are now useless and the another thing that matters is taking right decision on the right time about buying and selling and all the suggestions are enough for the overcoming the loss of the person who posted this thread,

Indeed. It would be always bad move to go from one coin to another coin after incurring the loss in previous trade. One must close the first trade with minimal loss. So in this one you must wait until the coin gets little jump upwards and bring you from -50% to -20% or something like that. (Just example).

In long terms you should always choose bitcoin. I mean just imagine if you would had invested into bitcoin back then, it could have resulted in +50% of profit or may be more depending on when you invested. Now is also good time to invest into this coin and you can still grab the same or more nas are changing one must focus on the bitcoin only.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 03, 2017, 01:49:33 AM

Could you tell us how did you lost that 50%? Did you do some cut-loss on some coins you invested? and how about the other coins that still in hold, do you think it has good possibility to make profit and maybe recover your lost?
First of all, you need to learn how to choose which coins to trade, you should do a lot of research of the coins before decide to buy. Don't ever care what people say on chat box on any trading sites. Most of the time, they are just putting you on a trap.
Secondly, dont be panic once you see the coins that you have just bought gets dumped. Keep calm and if you can buy more coins while it gets dumped. So once its get pumped then you can make other profits even though it is not hit the the price of your first buy.
Lastly, don't be greedy. Make a target on each trade you made, sell it once you hit the target.

this one good suggestion that new people need to care so they don't get big lose from crypto trading. but in crypto trading is different from trading forex. in crypto, there will be another time to the altcoin to rise back the price and if he can hold for a while then the possibility to increase is wide open although we don't know the time, at least we have the chance.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 12:40:07 AM
It is just cool,
I dont think that I can handle it.

I ll cry to my mom and I ll tell her that I hate Satoshi Nakamoto (probably he is my Mom’s boy froend).
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 02, 2017, 11:55:12 PM

Could you tell us how did you lost that 50%? Did you do some cut-loss on some coins you invested? and how about the other coins that still in hold, do you think it has good possibility to make profit and maybe recover your lost?
First of all, you need to learn how to choose which coins to trade, you should do a lot of research of the coins before decide to buy. Don't ever care what people say on chat box on any trading sites. Most of the time, they are just putting you on a trap.
Secondly, dont be panic once you see the coins that you have just bought gets dumped. Keep calm and if you can buy more coins while it gets dumped. So once its get pumped then you can make other profits even though it is not hit the the price of your first buy.
Lastly, don't be greedy. Make a target on each trade you made, sell it once you hit the target.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
December 02, 2017, 11:21:36 PM
How much did you lose in $ or bitcoin? There is a big difference - you got experience or lose big money.
If first option - do not get upset, this is just the beginning. If second - I think you are to blame. You need to study more where to invest.

For 50% whatever the amount, i believe it's still a big lose.
He was bought some altcoins before bitcoin going crazy right now (bitcoin rise and altcoins falling).
Pages:
Jump to: