Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 32. (Read 7192 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 03:26:59 PM
Trading is huge and it is not something you can learn in one day, so you may need to visit Google and start looking for info.
There's also a family of revolving trend strategies that are surprisingly good for all their simplicity (check  cryptoportfolio.io for example of a simple one).
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
December 01, 2017, 02:14:17 AM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
I am not sure how you started your trading life, but I have a feelings you are trading more like gambling. There is a lot to trading than that and apparently you did not have your strategies right.

Everyone is bound to make a mistake, most especially if you enter the trading world without learning. If I am correct you must have invested in a lot of shitcoins and probably bag holding some of them right now. If you are holding a coin you still trust, then hold, otherwise if you have a chance to sell, and then do.

Trading is huge and it is not something you can learn in one day, so you may need to visit Google and start looking for info.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
November 30, 2017, 05:45:17 PM
Too bad for you mate, but that's the fee for your lesson, you will be better in the next trade, trust me.

Indeed, this is called learning curve of trading. For sure most traders have experienced a loss but that is probably temporary. You can get it back if you place your trades right and manage your risks. If you lost that much, don't do whatever you were doing again. Try a different strategy. Or sometimes you might have bought a good altcoin but just panicked and sold it. That should not be the case, it would still be better to stick to the plan of holding and selling high.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 05:36:14 PM
Too bad for you mate, but that's the fee for your lesson, you will be better in the next trade, trust me.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
November 30, 2017, 05:34:44 PM
I'm not sure about the reality that took place with you. In specific I believe that you might have thought of making a large profits in a short and should have invested into low valued altcoins for a quick price pumping. Lot of traders does this, even I do, but that is always bought from the profit from other trades. The capital amount will not be used on specific buying.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
November 30, 2017, 05:33:42 PM
Take a look at my signature, open a demo account and once you're comfortable with the system deposit some money, play it really tight and you shouldn't have a problem turning a profit.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
November 30, 2017, 05:29:07 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
Ohh , so basically you are just buying ALTs with Bitcoin and Calling it trading. Well how can you call that a loss , as if you would have decided to buy ALTs then you would have probably decided to hold them for a year or so as well. Then now the prices might fall but after a year , mostly the prices should rise.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
November 30, 2017, 04:53:58 PM
Maybe you should just invest in a Gunbot license, set really tight parameters so that you cannot lose.

I'd recommend picking up the license from somebody reselling their license, as you can get it much cheaper that way.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 04:36:00 PM
I did some trading and I ended up with 20% loss after a month.....

Its where i realized that i just kept my money in BTC, ETC,ETH BCH.

It should have multiplied already....

After this realization. I am no longer trading.. Instead. I just bought coins. And plans to check on it after some months.
Activity: 252
November 30, 2017, 04:19:34 PM
If you had bought and held Bitcoin since May you would be up quite a bit now, or Litecoin or Ethereum.  If you are trading altcoins it might be a good idea for you to cash out into bitcoin every time they have a pump
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

Don't buy shit coins and start  doing exchanges in between stable coins, you can't afford to lose that amount of your capital.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
November 30, 2017, 04:08:10 PM

Best thing is have patience, if you have done a good researcha nd the coins you are holding is not one of those shitcoins then that is what you have to do.  You can also try scrapping where you take advantage of the fluctuation but it is really risky.  You can also diversify your holdings.  If you have spare BTC you can invest on new coins and ICO and sell them at the moment it increase in price.  This might recover our losses but make sure you do a thorough research when you invest on new coins or ICO.

I agree on that mate, shitcoins isn't a good investments and you will not even gain good profit in the future if you hold that for long term. Doing good research and scouting of the coin details about the progress and development of the website of the currency, I guess that it won't happen losing the 50% capital. Investing with another promising project is the best choice to do, and you should not focus only one alternative coins because its better to have an additional options so that you'll be able to take profit one by one.
Activity: 2
November 30, 2017, 04:05:18 PM
I bought into IOTA at the top of it's last peak. at $1.  It's taken a while to come back up the ranks but finally it has.  Just give it time if your selections are good
Activity: 12
November 30, 2017, 03:57:04 PM
High volatile market, sometimes I think better to keep everything in BTC in order to retain what you have, not in alters.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
November 30, 2017, 03:51:47 PM
I suggest before buying altcoin make sure you know what is the information of this coin or making a research you know if this coin have potential to increase or not. Those altcoin that you hold until now make a research so you can see what is the best to do. I think yout knowledge is not enough. So suggest keep reading and making a lot of research about trading.
Activity: 238
November 30, 2017, 03:34:01 PM
Try buy and hold. Buying 10% of each top 10 coins in may and resuffling portfolio the same way each month would yield you about 50% profits in btc, or a lot of profit in USD.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
November 30, 2017, 03:31:18 PM

Best thing is have patience, if you have done a good researcha nd the coins you are holding is not one of those shitcoins then that is what you have to do.  You can also try scrapping where you take advantage of the fluctuation but it is really risky.  You can also diversify your holdings.  If you have spare BTC you can invest on new coins and ICO and sell them at the moment it increase in price.  This might recover our losses but make sure you do a thorough research when you invest on new coins or ICO.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
November 30, 2017, 03:20:55 PM

Okay that’s pretty much big loss. With that case you should just hold your coins and expect that the coins which are in your possession will get pumped. Try to check if they are being involved in artificial pumper groups. If they are then you should keep an eye on any artificial pump if they are going to do. That way you can try to catch the fire and hit at right spot to get your profits. However your hunt will be very difficult that way as you have said your coins, so I assume more than one. Better watch the market grow by having some more patience and then trade at higher rates or break the trade at break even.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
November 30, 2017, 03:05:19 PM

Hm, Im still wondering how you got that much loss after seeing the coins going upward this month. This month its like all the coins are 20%+ more than the month of may and until today. How can you say that you have lost that much money over the course of this period. You should triple check the math you did.

Honestly, this is ATH for each and every coin that is top listed on the coinmarketcap. It might be the case that you have invested your money into wrong coin and at the wrong time off course. Because 50% decrease in the coin value can not be seen at this market cap and dominance.

Also, what about the bitcoin? I you had some satoshi then also you could have made couple of 100 $ by now if you had invested back in may month. Hopefully you are still in profit.
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
November 30, 2017, 02:45:00 PM

The best advice that I could give you is that, you should be patient because trading is not simple and it is risky. That is why you should keep an eye on the news and you should keep an eye on prices. Buy low and sell high, avoid following what others are telling you because it is your money, make your own judgement when trading.

If he keep patience in bitcoin or altcoin trading finally he will loose all the money he invested. Keep in mind if the value rises try to open a trade with bitcoin for different coin which is also growing like bitcoin in price.

That will allow you earn more in different coin and when the time bitcoin dumps try to exchange those altcoin for bitcoin so you have keep your eye on the coinmarketcap means you will be having chance to successful in trading.
Pages:
Jump to: