Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining - page 3. (Read 28103 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 260
April 27, 2019, 01:55:12 AM
Alternative electricity for mining is very necessary, given the high cost of electricity in some regions of the planet. Solar panels, wind generators, hydro generators, etc. — everything can be adapted for efficient mining. However, the advantage will be on the side of large mining farms, as they can buy this equipment in bulk at discounted prices. Perhaps, small miners should purchase equipment together with other miners to save money, and then earn more on mining cryptocurrency.
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
April 26, 2019, 07:39:09 PM
As simple as this posts is, it doesn't take into consideration the big and heavy miners. This looks to me for those mining on a small scale and would like to have a stable electricity. For big miners in China, this doesn't suffice for them as their power setup is enough to break up the bank. Nice posts.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
April 26, 2019, 05:15:41 PM
The research and knowledge being shared about this alternative source of power for mining is great but this method would be definitely be suitable for only small mining rigs and not those huge mining farms way back in China.
Great job with the research though!
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 26, 2019, 04:01:58 PM
Btw, obvious improvement is missing - u input 500W and get 2kw, why not short-curcuit the whole thing?
Feed the motor not from the grid but from the output.
This way u will still get 1.5kW output and no need for the grid AC!

A 50cm exhaust fan will give 1.5 mph and that is not enough, wind turbine won't work with that, 3 x 1.5 = 4.5 mph might do but you will get very little to bother about. 7 mph or 3 m/s is really the minimum.

https://www.amazon.com/Windmill-DB-400-400W-Turbine-Generator/dp/B00RG2TF6U

SPECIFICATION:

Rated power: 400W

Rated speed: 46 ft/s

Voltage system: 12V

Cut-in wind speed: 6.7mph

https://www.amazon.com/WINDMILL-Generator-controller-automatic-installation/dp/B01ASNP062?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_4

SPECIFICATION:

Rated power: 1500W

Rated speed: 46 ft/s

Voltage system: 24V

Cut-in wind speed: 5.6 mph

https://www.amazon.com/Tumo-Int-3Blades-Generator-Boosting-Controller/dp/B01DNT8AO2?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_11

Product Parameters

Model: 1000W 3 Blades
    Rated Power: 1000W
    Maximum Power: 1050W
    Number of blades: 3
    Start-up wind speed: 5.6 mph
    Rated wind speed: 12.5m/s
    Survival wind speed: 40m/s
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
April 26, 2019, 03:28:27 PM
@gsrcrxsi314

How about pumping water up and the placing several turbines downstream?
Lets say several = infinite.
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
April 26, 2019, 01:16:30 PM
Soon there will be even more farms that are in optimal climatic conditions, for example, where you can use snow cooling or electricity from renewable sources, such as the sun or wind.

What do you mean “soon”? Farms have been doing this for years. Moving to areas with favorable climates (like Genesis mining in Iceland) and electricity rates. It’s not anything new.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
April 26, 2019, 07:24:50 AM
Soon there will be even more farms that are in optimal climatic conditions, for example, where you can use snow cooling or electricity from renewable sources, such as the sun or wind.
April 23, 2019, 11:37:09 AM
it wont. chipless abandoned it once he realized he was an idiot and this shit doesn't work. but he wont admit that.
Activity: 413
Merit: 21
April 20, 2019, 06:49:38 PM
This is the best thread ever! xD

Why the discussion has stopped?!

Btw, obvious improvement is missing - u input 500W and get 2kw, why not short-curcuit the whole thing?

And finally perpetuum mobile is achieved.
Btw, conservation of energy is emprirical law, isn't it? Should not be that hard to break ; )

Oh, this thread starts again (hopefully)  Tongue
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
April 20, 2019, 06:43:52 PM
This is the best thread ever! xD

Why the discussion has stopped?!

And finally perpetuum mobile is achieved.
Btw, conservation of energy is emprirical law, isn't it? Should not be that hard to break ; )
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
February 12, 2019, 11:37:57 PM
Here is a simple video of a setup that took me 10 mins to get hooked up.

It explains and somewhat shows how this system saves you money

https://youtu.be/Zz38lK67MLM

https://youtu.be/SM9nArIlS-c

I'm sorry, did you really say "circular power" in that first video?

Please tell me more.

Activity: 559
Merit: 4
January 15, 2019, 04:26:50 PM
Many of the larger farms are in climate controlled buildings with the heat vented out and cooler pumped to the machines
January 15, 2019, 02:12:43 PM

I never said that cooler wasn't beneficial. I said your plan wasn't cost effective. you're increasing your electric use by 20% to get it. when you can get satisfactory cooling by just using ventilation instead, which is what all the big time miner operations do. some ducting to bring outside air to your miners (you mentioned there was snow, so you obviously live in a cold climate) and some fans are all that is needed. and will be cheaper and less complicated.

In warmer climates you cant just vent them and colder climates get warmer in spring and summer. You don't know how efficient it will be because you don't know how it will be setup. I only posted the main compressor unit the rest was never posted so you both are talking out your ass at this point because you don't even know all the facts to the setup. You can cool more then 1 miner with it,  Moisture or heat wont be a problem and wont get anywhere on or in the miner. I bet you guys are running gpu systems or only a couple of miners and don't know the issues with larger scale setups. NASA man is on the internet more then he is working so I am sure he has no job and sits and troll the internet all day.

than*

base was closed yesterday due to inclement weather and i'm out sick today, so i'm freed up to debunk all your half-baked ideas.

and i ran all my miners with just ventilation through 100F summer temps so yeah, it works. 100F = 37 C, which is easily enough delta temp to cool a 60-80C component. ventilation is the cheapest most cost effective cooling method. again, why do you think all the big mining operations do this?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
January 15, 2019, 02:08:23 PM
I just wasted 10 minutes soaking in the stupidity of this guy. I seriously feel like I'm watching an awesome daytime tv show going nowhere. Love it, but know its bad for me.. Thank you OP for a good time.
January 15, 2019, 01:54:28 PM

I never said that cooler wasn't beneficial. I said your plan wasn't cost effective. you're increasing your electric use by 20% to get it. when you can get satisfactory cooling by just using ventilation instead, which is what all the big time miner operations do. some ducting to bring outside air to your miners (you mentioned there was snow, so you obviously live in a cold climate) and some fans are all that is needed. and will be cheaper and less complicated.

In warmer climates you cant just vent them and colder climates get warmer in spring and summer. You don't know how efficient it will be because you don't know how it will be setup. I only posted the main compressor unit the rest was never posted so you both are talking out your ass at this point because you don't even know all the facts to the setup. You can cool more then 1 miner with it,  Moisture or heat wont be a problem and wont get anywhere on or in the miner. I bet you guys are running gpu systems or only a couple of miners and don't know the issues with larger scale setups. NASA man is on the internet more then he is working so I am sure he has no job and sits and troll the internet all day.
January 15, 2019, 10:37:31 AM
he also doesnt seem to get that he will have a hot side too, and he will have to manage the hot air, to get cold, that heat has to go somewhere. it's like trying to use a window AC unit to cool your home, but you have the whole thing inside the window and not exhausting the hot air outside. lol.

but we're getting off topic. lets get back to his perpetual energy setup that doesnt work. he can start a new thread for his bogus mini-AC setup that we can rip apart in a new thread  Grin
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
January 15, 2019, 10:26:01 AM

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it.

And how do you think it pulls moisture out of the air? Do you seriously not have any grasp of any physical process? Have you not taken a god damn middle school science class?

When an AC cools the air, the relative humidity of the room increases because RELATIVE humidity is the moisture content RELATIVE to temperature. In other words, the fucking water ends up condensing out of the air. Why the fuck do you think moisture accumulates on an AC or on a cold window during winter? Because it precipitates out you dumb shit. Precipitates right onto your god damn miner like was said.

You wanna do something similar thats less stupid and more cool? Submerge your miner in Fluorinert, this was back in 2004 during the peak of LAN parties and overclocking competitions, but I believe the one I used was FC-77 and I purchased it from a chemical recycler for ~$140 gal back then. Submerge your miner into the fluorinert and then place the ac coils directly into the fluorinert. Fluorinert is less viscous than water so it'll circulate fine (as opposed to mineral oil), conducts heat very well but is more electrically inert than air.
January 15, 2019, 09:37:20 AM
probably something to do with getting all that moisture on their hashblades  Cool

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it. Again neither have even seen it setup to determine what the outcome will be on affecting the efficiency of the miners connected to it. He sure isn't a NASA engineer because he should know that cooler electronics perform better.

If the miner speed can be increased by cooling it and the gain is more then the cost to operate the compressor which is very low cost, then profits can be increased. Simple as that. I guess it depends on how many pennies you want to get out of your miners before they are no longer profitable.

copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 31
January 15, 2019, 08:37:04 AM
probably something to do with getting all that moisture on their hashblades  Cool

No, the OP is right. Water is good for power consumption.

If you throw it all over your miner it stops consuming power!
January 15, 2019, 01:15:45 AM

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it. Again neither have even seen it setup to determine what the outcome will be on affecting the efficiency of the miners connected to it. He sure isn't a NASA engineer because he should know that cooler electronics perform better.

If the miner speed can be increased by cooling it and the gain is more then the cost to operate the compressor which is very low cost, then profits can be increased. Simple as that. I guess it depends on how many pennies you want to get out of your miners before they are no longer profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: