Pages:
Author

Topic: America's new debt ceiling - $19,600,000,000,000 - page 13. (Read 16322 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
The debt of United States its a bit ugly, its impossible to return it. And I suppose that isn't the only country that will have problems to pay its debt. Yes they can impress more money to pay, but with this movement they create new debt. One of the big things of bitcoins its that there is a limit of bitcoins, you can't "print" more bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Debt ceiling alarm!  Press "snooze".  Go back to sleep.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
Goodness gracious where is this headed to?? When this blows up we will be all screwed, the whole world.

I am so happy that I got into Bitcoin!  

I've been thinking about that a lot - where is this heading to? Can it really explode?

I'm no economics expert but here's my take...

How much of this debt is owed to America vs. other countries or entities? The debt owed to other countries or entities is real.  Those groups can knock on America's door and say "pay up" and America would have to comply. The debt to America is internal...like borrowing money from a family member. The payoff requirement is more blurry.

I wonder what real discussions are had at the highest levels of government about what  to do if the debt cycle implodes "on my watch"... America isn't the only country with soaring debt.

All this talk makes me want to go pay down some debt!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
Goodness gracious where is this headed to?? When this blows up we will be all screwed, the whole world.

I am so happy that I got into Bitcoin!  
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
America's new debt ceiling - $19,600,000,000,000 (thats in the trillions if you were not sure)

Thats $60,000 debt for every man, woman and child in the country.

Ticking timebomb waiting to blow, keeping the gold nicely polished waiting for the day Smiley

Can anyone extend this graph out?  At this insane exponential (possibly exponential2) growth, when will we hit a debt ceiling of 1 quadrillion?  I think it will happen much sooner than we expect, possibly as soon as 2030 at the current rate of growth.

Doubt it will go that high, its already way past the unsustainable point as is. Also seriously doubt whether most of that debt will ever be paid back. The central banks bargain on the economy growing itself out of the debt but cannot see that happening. Not sure how they are going to get it sorted out, all I know is that something big is on its way and it ain't going to be a picnic.

Also, don't forget about Europe, Draghi is trying his level best to catch up on his own chart, don't like being left behind.

Activity: 770
Merit: 504
America's new debt ceiling - $19,600,000,000,000 (thats in the trillions if you were not sure)

Ticking timebomb waiting to blow, keeping the gold nicely polished waiting for the day Smiley

Can anyone extend this graph out?  At this insane exponential (possibly exponential2) growth, when will we hit a debt ceiling of 1 quadrillion?  I think it will happen much sooner than we expect, possibly as soon as 2030 at the current rate of growth.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

Pages:
Jump to: