Author

Topic: Analysis - page 265. (Read 941563 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 100
February 24, 2014, 08:04:11 AM
Seems to me a drop to SMA200 on Stamp is getting more likely. Support line of the triangle has been slightly pierced, price is persistently staying there and the candles are getting more squeezed. Given the insignificant distance I suspect a downwards breakout would carry enough momentum to at least short term pierce SMA200 as well, possibly towards bottom or close to it as a repeat of April post-crash patterns.

Would love if some more competent analyst could confirm with actual TA and not just this nonsense Cheesy

edit: Pic for clearer conveyance of meaning

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
February 23, 2014, 08:41:56 AM
Let's give some predictions for the price in a week of time on gox, I go first : 43$; price on btc-e : 390$
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
February 23, 2014, 08:03:09 AM
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article44512.html what a delightful thing to read

If you meant "delightfully retarded", sure :D

A bitcoin is worthless because it is backed by nothing, for a virtual currency to have value it must be backed by something, anything physical be it land, property, precious metals, or even the quantity of water in a fresh water reservoir, it MUST be backed by SOMETHING REAL! Else it is WORTHLESS! At least fiat currency is backed by tax payers.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 09:49:22 AM
Why are we even talking about gox prices still? They don't trade the same currency pair anymore.

The question is, if, or to what extent the other markets will follow. So far I'm pretty surprised by the resilience of stamp price. I still don't see 600 last, tbh.

The answer is in your post. You are surprised that stamp is not following gox? If yes, then that means that you give gox price much authority.

That's a bit of a selective interpretation of what I wrote. I meant, we don't need to talk much about, as in: analyze gox price anymore. It's more or less approaching zero.

However, I didn't say gox price doesn't *matter* anymore. It does matter, although maybe less than I thought, hence: bitstamp still stable.

It's enough to point it how low it is, and then do the detail work on other exchanges to see where we're going, and more importantly, if (and how much) the gox price action is picked up on other exchanges.

EDIT: paraphrased to make my point more clear

Yes, sorry. I didn't want to misinterpreted your post. Your point is that analyzing gox data is not productive or relevant. I get this. I wanted to generalize. Gox is not some tiny unknown exchange. It is still important factor.

Re-read my original post, and I have to apologize. I phrased it very misleadingly, and your interpretation was actually the more likely one. Sorry :/
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 20, 2014, 08:10:40 AM
I have said this in another thread, but I'll give my input here as well: I think the major effect of Gox dying will be in the public trust of the exchange ecosystem. A lot of people have been living in the dream that they (like banks or whatever) are infallible and your coins can be trusted with them. If even the previously biggest player Gox can go down and take people's fund with them, it is only natural that it will fuel distrust in the rest of the exchanges.

The best way for Gox to go at this point would be a slow death with people somehow getting their money out as it approaches 0. This would reinforce the idea that exchanges at least have some semblance of credibility, even if it does not always appear so. That said, the entire circus going on right now will still have damaged the reputability of exchanges in the public's eyes.
However, if Gox were to suddenly declare bankruptcy and make it official that any money left in there is forfeit, that might just be the major push for a long-term transition towards decentralized peer-to-peer alternatives rather than reliance on central exchanges.

Also, on the matter of analyzing Gox prices, for me it's just a thing of curiosity to see in what way the little TA I know still applies to a clearly dying market Smiley

We need gox to die, or become irrelevent (even more so than it is now), and a Solid US Exchange. I think these ingredients can set us op for the next "bubble".
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 08:07:21 AM
Look at the USD volume (that's what matters), and see that Stamp has higher Volume.
(BTC volume is obviously higher because of the insane low prices).

Also the pure panic inside fort gox causes alot of volume.

Sure. Both valid points.

But do you really think the rest of the btc world will remain completely calm as the former leading exchange tumbles into the abyss.

Gox' failure is partly priced in already, sure, but I don't see gox going to sub-100 coins while the rest of the world stays at 600+. Something needs to give, and if gox doesn't go up, the others will go down, to some degree.
I have said this in another thread, but I'll give my input here as well: I think the major effect of Gox dying will be in the public trust of the exchange ecosystem. A lot of people have been living in the dream that they (like banks or whatever) are infallible and your coins can be trusted with them. If even the previously biggest player Gox can go down and take people's fund with them, it is only natural that it will fuel distrust in the rest of the exchanges.

The best way for Gox to go at this point would be a slow death with people somehow getting their money out as it approaches 0. This would reinforce the idea that exchanges at least have some semblance of credibility, even if it does not always appear so. That said, the entire circus going on right now will still have damaged the reputability of exchanges in the public's eyes.
However, if Gox were to suddenly declare bankruptcy and make it official that any money left in there is forfeit, that might just be the major push for a long-term transition towards decentralized peer-to-peer alternatives rather than reliance on central exchanges.

Also, on the matter of analyzing Gox prices, for me it's just a thing of curiosity to see in what way the little TA I know still applies to a clearly dying market Smiley
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
February 20, 2014, 07:58:43 AM
Why are we even talking about gox prices still? They don't trade the same currency pair anymore.

The question is, if, or to what extent the other markets will follow. So far I'm pretty surprised by the resilience of stamp price. I still don't see 600 last, tbh.

The answer is in your post. You are surprised that stamp is not following gox? If yes, then that means that you give gox price much authority.

That's a bit of a selective interpretation of what I wrote. I meant, we don't need to talk much about, as in: analyze gox price anymore. It's more or less approaching zero.

However, I didn't say gox price doesn't *matter* anymore. It does matter, although maybe less than I thought, hence: bitstamp still stable.

It's enough to point it how low it is, and then do the detail work on other exchanges to see where we're going, and more importantly, if (and how much) the gox price action is picked up on other exchanges.

Yes, sorry. I didn't want to misinterpreted your post. Your point is that analyzing gox data is not productive or relevant. I get this. I wanted to generalize. Gox is not some tiny unknown exchange. It is still important factor.
February 20, 2014, 07:55:25 AM
Look at the USD volume (that's what matters), and see that Stamp has higher Volume.

Sure. Both valid points.

But do you really think the rest of the btc world will remain completely calm as the former leading exchange tumbles into the abyss.

Gox' failure is partly priced in already, sure, but I don't see gox going to sub-100 coins while the rest of the world stays at 600+. Something needs to give, and if gox doesn't go up, the others will go down, to some degree.

Yes, I agree.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 07:49:24 AM

Sure. Both valid points.

I don't think it's the Gox price that is directly effecting other exchanges as such, it's the Gox shambles in general causing panic and lack of confidence in btc across the board. And the worse the Gox situation gets, the worse the panicking. Sure many of us here started selling when it was becomming clear what was happening. The lack of any headline positive news for bitcoin in recent weeks hasn't helped.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 07:44:26 AM

Sure. Both valid points.

February 20, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

legendary
February 20, 2014, 07:33:25 AM
One more remark:

As much as I would hope for Bitstamp and the other markets to remain largely unaffected by gox shenanigans, I don't really consider it possible. Volume on gox (whether it's real or not) just surpassed stamp again, on 24h and 30d scale.

When all of this is over, I sincerely hope gox will be done for finally, but I can't see how stamp will resist the black hole that is stamp price.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 07:04:47 AM

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
February 20, 2014, 04:46:37 AM

legendary
February 20, 2014, 04:39:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 20, 2014, 03:59:35 AM
Yeah, total fuck )) No money from feds, traders withdraw money from weak markets first.

Guess everyone can stop using GOX charts now. lol
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
February 20, 2014, 03:50:08 AM
Yeah, total fuck )) No money from feds, traders withdraw money from weak markets first.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
February 20, 2014, 03:36:50 AM
i made something in log(logarithmic) scale so some of you can think/ponder about it and other to flame about it

info to read if you need to http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fibonacciretracement.asp

have a nice day Smiley

doom

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
February 19, 2014, 02:56:57 PM
New Data just in:

I will see your squiggly lines and raise you
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028