Author

Topic: Analysis - page 275. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
January 13, 2014, 12:38:45 PM
Following the 32 top, it took 1 1/2 years to make a new alltime high.

Why do you guys think it cannot happen again? Or happen even worse? In 2011, things looked awesome too. But then came the bear market, 6 months long, 95% loss. Slowly, progress was actually undone as merchant acceptance dwindled etc. Why? Because the price fell. It is all feedback loops.

The price does cause the news because it triggers or "unlocks" certain events, and the news is reflected in the price before it comes out, usually. Practical example: Had the price not risen so much so fast, the Chinese government wouldn't have done anything yet, probably. And, is it not easy to imagine that insiders on the chinese exchanges held back buying before and instead sold, which reflected in the chart patterns?

You mean this? I've seen all this before, that's why I keep trying to tell you guys; I have been a victim of this in the past too. Latter 2011 and 2012 were likely the most productive times of Bitcoin, yet it was the worst of times for their value.

Here is another way to look at this: Adoption and price aren't inextricably linked. Look at the price of the NASDAQ (still off its highs from 14 years ago) and the adoption of the internet.

And you were right back then (and are still right about it) that the possibility that BTC price goes into a year-long stagnation, or even decline, exists. Which is essentially what lucif alluded to as well. And earlier in this thread (IIRC) I agreed with you on that possibility having a non-zero chance, and that the bulls who react with serious aggressiveness to the mere mentioning of this possibility are in for some serious pain if that event ever unfolds.

If that event unfolds.

To me it's far from certain that this will be happening. Luc has his EW theory based arguments (and I find them pretty unconvincing on such a long time scale). What's your evidence? That we're still consolidating, possibly on an overall downward slope (although that part would already be contentious.), less than 2 months after the post-ATH-double top?

Here's what the long decline of 2011, and the long time between ATHs looked like on a log scale, plus the 30d EMA for getting a smoother view of how it unfolded:

And here's what our current post-ATH situation looks like, same time scale:

I don't know about what you see in that chart, but unless you're willing to draw grand conclusions about the future based on EW waves that span years, I see little evidence that we're on a trajectory to such a long decline.

I simply don't see enough of anything to make such a long shot.

I'm not ruling it out either, but I'm as sceptical about those who claim we'll see such a long bear market as I am about those who reject the possibility of that same bear market purely because it doesn't fit their greedy delusion of where BTC price should go.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
January 13, 2014, 10:44:57 AM
Following the 32 top, it took 1 1/2 years to make a new alltime high.

Why do you guys think it cannot happen again? Or happen even worse? In 2011, things looked awesome too. But then came the bear market, 6 months long, 95% loss. Slowly, progress was actually undone as merchant acceptance dwindled etc. Why? Because the price fell. It is all feedback loops.

The price does cause the news because it triggers or "unlocks" certain events, and the news is reflected in the price before it comes out, usually. Practical example: Had the price not risen so much so fast, the Chinese government wouldn't have done anything yet, probably. And, is it not easy to imagine that insiders on the chinese exchanges held back buying before and instead sold, which reflected in the chart patterns?

You mean this? I've seen all this before, that's why I keep trying to tell you guys; I have been a victim of this in the past too. Latter 2011 and 2012 were likely the most productive times of Bitcoin, yet it was the worst of times for their value.

Here is another way to look at this: Adoption and price aren't inextricably linked. Look at the price of the NASDAQ (still off its highs from 14 years ago) and the adoption of the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
January 13, 2014, 10:35:09 AM
I have to say that recently my opinion of TA as of late is getting much higher. There has been a huge amount of really good news coming out and the price has barely budged... its even gone down. Lucif said awhile back that TA essentially "unlocks" events to occur and when I first heard it I thought it was garbage... now I'm actually agreeing with him. Much to ponder indeed!

Activity: 346
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 04:27:24 PM
If you open your eyes, you will see the truth: Price affects news affects price.

Price affects price.

lol thx Morpheus.  Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 07, 2014, 03:46:40 PM
The only danger for the BTC-World is a regulation by governments or even a shutdown.

Wrong, the only danger for the BTC is complete destruction of all the internet hardware, aka routers, wires, cables, etc - that would seriously undermine it's ability to function. Governments can't do anything now.

True, bitcoin can not be destroyed. But its price can be crushed by regulations or ban.

+1
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 07, 2014, 03:41:11 PM
The only danger for the BTC-World is a regulation by governments or even a shutdown.
Wrong, the only danger for the BTC is complete destruction of all the internet hardware, aka routers, wires, cables, etc - that would seriously undermine it's ability to function. Governments can't do anything now.
oh,they can do a hell of a lot
Don`t underestimate the power of governments.
one-Word: NSA
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
January 07, 2014, 03:40:21 PM
If you open your eyes, you will see the truth: Price affects news affects price.

Price affects price.
Activity: 812
January 07, 2014, 03:37:58 PM
Governments can't do anything now.
May i remember you what was happen in china? Just a government effect...
True, bitcoin can not be destroyed. But its price can be crushed by regulations or ban.
^THIS!
Activity: 448
this statement is false
January 07, 2014, 03:36:43 PM

I don't make trading decisions based on news )) Never, ever. News follow waves, not visa versa.

No  mystery here. TA and observance.

edit: is there an unanimous conscensus about what is going on right now? i mean, since OP has not returned yet, still bear market bottoming down to 350-400$?
oh and thx for the nice thread Smiley

i am also in this camp. news affects price, but market forces affect price more, and affect price more quantifiably and predictably.

also, unless the bubble paradigm that we've seen so many times over is invalidated this time around, we will definitely not see prices lower than $450, and we will likely not see prices lower than $600.

--arepo
Activity: 434
January 07, 2014, 03:31:56 PM
The donkey and the sheep unable to tune into the obvious hyperbole for entertainment as a layer over completely valid points, surprising...

I'll get out of the way so your master can come back in with his next wishes, oh wait, he's gone until 2016, lol.

masterluc you get credit for not deleting posts, you don't get much credit for manipulating the donkey and the sheep they do that to themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Borsche
January 07, 2014, 03:31:43 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 07, 2014, 03:18:17 PM
True but I'm worried with new warning from german central bank on bitcoin, where were those pigs and their financial advices in 2007 regarding housing market bubble or facebook scam ipo?
http://www.coindesk.com/german-central-bank-official-issues-another-bitcoin-warning/
All  these warnings from states central Banks are understandable.

The governments are afraid of their position of their currency controls.BTC is a danger for the whole monetary systems of all countries.

Then:

the governments are obliged to warn and protect the people against risks and any danger.

That said I don`t care about warnings from central Banks.
January 07, 2014, 02:55:41 PM

Price follows news: wrong.

News follow price: wrong as well.

News+Price=rather complex clusterfuck: true

haha works for me   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
January 07, 2014, 02:39:42 PM

Price follows news: wrong.

News follow price: wrong as well.

News+Price=rather complex clusterfuck: true
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
January 07, 2014, 02:23:08 PM
News shmews.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
January 07, 2014, 02:22:20 PM
Its just a warning that no one protects a Bitcoin investor. That is very true.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 07, 2014, 02:04:50 PM
There is so much good news surrounding Bitcoin, that I give bulls the benefit of the doubt the next few weeks.

True but I'm worried with new warning from german central bank on bitcoin, where were those pigs and their financial advices in 2007 regarding housing market bubble or facebook scam ipo?

http://www.coindesk.com/german-central-bank-official-issues-another-bitcoin-warning/
January 07, 2014, 01:54:40 PM
There is so much good news surrounding Bitcoin, that I give bulls the benefit of the doubt the next few weeks.

hello, new in town, just read all up and couldn't figure what to think of this correlation between news and BTC price  Huh

I don't make trading decisions based on news )) Never, ever. News follow waves, not visa versa.

No  mystery here. TA and observance.

edit: is there an unanimous conscensus about what is going on right now? i mean, since OP has not returned yet, still bear market bottoming down to 350-400$?
oh and thx for the nice thread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
January 07, 2014, 12:57:30 PM
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
January 07, 2014, 12:51:09 PM
Forgot to take your meds again, huh?
He does remind me greatly of a schizoaffective bipolar guy I know lol, so I'm not even going to bother arguing further

OnT: It's starting to look very much like a double top now
Jump to: