Author

Topic: Analysis - page 285. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
December 24, 2013, 05:54:43 PM
The downtrend line is at ~ $700 (gox). It's broken. The longer this remains the case the higher the probability of a trend change.

Not anymore.  It went above 700 for a little while on no volume.

700 is looking more significant than I originally thought.

Price broke above, but could not reach 750+ level escape velocity.

Price breaks below, but quickly returns to test 700 as resistance once again...

Market seems undecided.

30 day view seems pretty sure of itself... 

It seems to me that this post pop price discovery is going about as well as it could.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
December 24, 2013, 11:35:00 AM
The downtrend line is at ~ $700 (gox). It's broken. The longer this remains the case the higher the probability of a trend change.

700 is looking more significant than I originally thought.

Price broke above, but could not reach 750+ level escape velocity.

Price breaks below, but quickly returns to test 700 as resistance once again...

Market seems undecided.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 24, 2013, 08:11:41 AM

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
December 24, 2013, 08:07:23 AM
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
December 24, 2013, 04:46:58 AM
I understand bitcoin and I'm looking to get as many coins as I can with a given amount of fiat

Just get back in is my suggestion.
legendary
@theshmadz
December 23, 2013, 10:55:13 PM
Looking very much like a trap yeah.

yeah, but if the price touches 700 and bounces up? then what?

(I'm only looking at gox numbers just for clarity)

A bigger trap?

very possible, My immediate feeling is neither bearish nor bullish... more like cautious.

eidt, it really looks like it''s about to fall tho... edit, china already falling, is this a fake-out? <-wrong, did not see that china had recent lower low. my fail

last edit: If it breaks down below that 700 level, we are back into the long slide. the move to 730 was fun while it lasted tho.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 10:53:43 PM

A bigger trap?
legendary
@theshmadz
December 23, 2013, 10:45:21 PM

(edit* I should really figure out how to time stamp edits, but... there is heavy pressure just above 700 right now, heavy downward pressure, this is quite exciting,)
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 09:50:52 PM
Activity: 70
Merit: 11
December 23, 2013, 09:34:30 PM
What's going on right now?  I have a lot of fiat on the sidelines that I cannot decide when to put it.  I would like to buy in at or below 570 as I sold off a lot at that point hoping to average down

I'm not a pro trader, but to me it looks like we just broke some kind of minor resistance at 700 and I expect we should come back and test 700 as support. If we bounce off to the upside, we could see a significant move higher. If we fall back through, then it was just a failed move.

Unfortunate that you were not able to get your fiat in during the dip on Dec 18, and it's impossible to predict what will happen next, but around the 750 level seems to be significant support/resistance and if we break through that to the upside, then I think the train is back on track  Grin

(*edit: now fighting between 730 and 710, starting to smell like bull trap

2nd edit, now seriously testing a 710 support, I'm expecting that the price will eventually go through that floor and next support = Huh

LOOK OUT BELOW!

lol

Outofservice has been waiting for this moment. He saved half his btc to sell high. OutofService is excited to buy Cheap coins!
legendary
@theshmadz
December 23, 2013, 07:42:40 PM
What's going on right now?  I have a lot of fiat on the sidelines that I cannot decide when to put it.  I would like to buy in at or below 570 as I sold off a lot at that point hoping to average down

I'm not a pro trader, but to me it looks like we just broke some kind of minor resistance at 700 and I expect we should come back and test 700 as support. If we bounce off to the upside, we could see a significant move higher. If we fall back through, then it was just a failed move.

Unfortunate that you were not able to get your fiat in during the dip on Dec 18, and it's impossible to predict what will happen next, but around the 750 level seems to be significant support/resistance and if we break through that to the upside, then I think the train is back on track  Grin

(*edit: now fighting between 730 and 710, starting to smell like bull trap

2nd edit, now seriously testing a 710 support, I'm expecting that the price will eventually go through that floor and next support = Huh

LOOK OUT BELOW!

lol
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 23, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
I understand bitcoin and I'm looking to get as many coins as I can with a given amount of fiat

Then put in orders @ $350 and wait what happens.
was looking for something more technical rather than glib
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
December 23, 2013, 07:38:04 PM

The market is shaking out the new buyers who don't understand bitcoin and are just looking for fiat profits.

full mesh network ( gnax ? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_k_elbBz8c
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
December 23, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

Then put in orders @ $350 and wait what happens.
December 23, 2013, 07:19:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
December 23, 2013, 07:17:54 PM
What's going on right now?  I have a lot of fiat on the sidelines that I cannot decide when to put it.  I would like to buy in at or below 570 as I sold off a lot at that point hoping to average down

The market is shaking out the new buyers who don't understand bitcoin and are just looking for fiat profits.
December 23, 2013, 06:42:15 PM
What's going on right now?  I have a lot of fiat on the sidelines that I cannot decide when to put it.  I would like to buy in at or below 570 as I sold off a lot at that point hoping to average down
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
December 23, 2013, 05:39:18 PM
what is this by the way? This isn't like the usual bubble I see graphed. It's double peaked and seems to be coming down in a series of bear traps.

This is what happens if people come here and use the terminology they learn in this echo chamber without knowing what it means. Grin

I lol'ed
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
December 23, 2013, 05:33:21 PM
what is this by the way? This isn't like the usual bubble I see graphed. It's double peaked and seems to be coming down in a series of bear traps.

This is what happens if people come here and use the terminology they learn in this echo chamber without knowing what it means. Grin
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
December 23, 2013, 03:46:18 AM
i made something in log(logarithmic) scale so some of you can think/ponder about it and other to flame about it

info to read if you need to http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fibonacciretracement.asp

have a nice day Smiley

Pretty sure I see the first half of a head and shoulders forming there, even manifesting the ultra-rare Road Warrior-style spiked shoulder pads and Viking helmet meta-pattern.
Jump to: