Pages:
Author

Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013 - page 8. (Read 22705 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

If you think I'm wrong and the post should be deleted, take it up with theymos. If you don't want unsavory characters like Phinnaeus Gage to dox you, then don't fuck investors.

I'm not sure to thank you or...

In real life, I have never been known to be unsavory, but many a times been characterized as a character. I did have to Google the word dox to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. Luckily I did, for for real I was off by a mile. (I thought it had something to do with spreading FUD or the like)

I am takin' aback that said post was reported several times, assuming the 'report to moderator' button was used. I've yet to ever use the damn thing with the exception of the first time I was banned, not sure what to make of that situation at the time. I also have never used the ignore button. Are there people here that are truly that messed up? Is this the reason Bitcoin 100 is having a hard time garnering donations for the current drive to support Bund?

Allow me to state something: Everything I do, I do for the advancement of Bitcoin. And admittedly several times I've fucked up.

Is it considered doxxing if I show that a Frans Effendi registered butterflylabs.com on 16-Aug-2009? http://www.websitevalue.us/www/butterflylabs.com And why does he go by a different name? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-is-frans-effendi-bfl-related-129869 Who is he? Why was I first person ever to bring this up?

Please don't get me wrong, Diablo, for I'm not upset with you, but I am worry that something is not right, and I'm not necessarily speaking of BFL. I don't even have a vendetta toward Josh.

Please accept my apologies, all, for this tad rant.

Peace.

~Bruno K~

Very mature of you to clarify.  

It would be a very detrimental to the community if we started dox'ing those that have upset us. Dox'ing is very serious and has very serious consequences.   It goes against what many in this community believe and against why they believe in bitcoins, anonymity.  If you start the trend of dox'ing you will in essence begin the downfall of this forum and maybe even Bitcoins themselves.  

edit - I would also like to state what Phinnaeus Gage did was not really dox'ing.  He just distributed what was already publicly available.  dox'ing involves gathering private information and making it public.  This can destroy lives. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
At what point does someone that's taken hundreds of thousands of dollars in pre-order funds and then starts acting flakey lose their right to anonymity?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

If you think I'm wrong and the post should be deleted, take it up with theymos. If you don't want unsavory characters like Phinnaeus Gage to dox you, then don't fuck investors.
You realize you just set a new standard here, right?  There are tons of people here, including mods and devs, who are broadly disliked and many folks feel have wronged them in some way.  They are also pretty easy to identify IRL, yourself included.  You just opened a Pandora's box, DiabloD3, which I fear you cannot close.

Agreed!!
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
Quote from: bfl_josh
Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem for a variety of reasons, so don't worry about that.

Translation: Chinese New Year won't introduce any unforseen delays, because we don't intend to release anything ever. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

There's an obvious and simple possible explanation why the Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem - their fab is not in China. Could be in USA or Europe.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
I wonder where the foul mouthed BFL spokesdude has gone too. The silence is deafening. Hello? If you miss your daily quota of personal attacks and trolling accusations, this is going to reflect badly in your performance review under the "productivity" section. Please think of the children and save Christmas.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

You realize you just set a new standard here, right?  There are tons of people here, including mods and devs, who are broadly disliked and many folks feel have wronged them in some way.  They are also pretty easy to identify IRL, yourself included.  You just opened a Pandora's box, DiabloD3, which I fear you cannot close.

In real life, I have never been known to be unsavory, but many a times been characterized as a character. I did have to Google the word dox to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. Luckily I did, for for real I was off by a mile. (I thought it had something to do with spreading FUD or the like)

I am takin' aback that said post was reported several times, assuming the 'report to moderator' button was used. I've yet to ever use the damn thing with the exception of the first time I was banned, not sure what to make of that situation at the time. I also have never used the ignore button. Are there people here that are truly that messed up? Is this the reason Bitcoin 100 is having a hard time garnering donations for the current drive to support Bund?

Allow me to state something: Everything I do, I do for the advancement of Bitcoin. And admittedly several times I've fucked up.

Is it considered doxxing if I show that a Frans Effendi registered butterflylabs.com on 16-Aug-2009? http://www.websitevalue.us/www/butterflylabs.com And why does he go by a different name? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-is-frans-effendi-bfl-related-129869 Who is he? Why was I first person ever to bring this up?

Please don't get me wrong, Diablo, for I'm not upset with you, but I am worry that something is not right, and I'm not necessarily speaking of BFL. I don't even have a vendetta toward Josh.

Peace.

~Bruno K~

You're only doing the legwork many of us would do if we weren't slackers by nature. I've no idea what's going on with BFL, but it smells really foul over there.
bce
Activity: 756
lighting my cigars with your dollars.

I hope not. Cigars should always be lit with wood matches, otherwise it ruins the flavor.

Actually a cedar spill specifically, yeah.  Smiley

I've actually learned something useful on the forums today!  Cheesy

I hope not. Cigars should always be lit with wood matches, otherwise it ruins the flavor.

Actually a cedar spill specifically, yeah.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author

Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem for a variety of reasons, so don't worry about that.

Translation: Chinese New Year won't introduce any unforseen delays, because we don't intend to release anything ever. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

I will be heading east at some point to babysit the process, as soon as I have dates for that, I'll let everyone know.

Translation: I'll soon be smoking cigars and drinking champagne from the navels of exotic beauties in Havana, Cuba, suckers. I'll be posting pictures of lighting my cigars with your dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Peace.

~Bruno K~
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Has anyone ever actually met any of these people? I know exactly one BFL reps full name, the rest are all first names or convicted felons that seemingly have no official capacity with the company. I'll reserve my worry about Jody & her family's well being when I'm convinced there is a BFL_Jody.

Since BFL_Josh is in tight with Neal Fletcher and Neal Fletcher is a known puppetmaster over at bullshido...well color me skeptical.

Lol. But allow me to quote!

Of course I am not going to speak about the financials of BFL, but anyone with even a modicum of common sense would understand that 20k Bitcoins while not quite a trivial amount, is a tiny fraction.

Therefore your arguments are invalid.

I'm only pointing out motives, since motive is what gives your posts credence and you credibility.  And given your motives I no longer belief you're worth my time or effort.  

First off that reasoning is flawed, for one because you're not in a position to point out motives, merely suggest possible motives which may or may not be real, and for another because motives aren't in fact what gives "credence and credibility". What gives credibility is exactly what you don't have: a history.

Am I the only one here who's gob-smacked by the fact that none of the project leads for any of the BTC ASIC vendors seem to have been flying to Asia on a regular basis to meet with their agents and manufacturers?

As per the Inaba quote above: anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that a plane ticket, while not terribly expensive, is still quite the stumbling block for play-pretend paper corps created through sticking together various bits and pieces found on the Internet: a logo here, a company registration there, mix & match.

You mean you didn't read the new title of your own thread?

Cheesy ... that thread/title was created last week ... much could have changed since then. It's hard to keep up with Inaba/BFLs rate of excuses / new delivery dates / "press releases".

Some things don't ever change.

We always used to count on a two month delay around Chinese New Year.  As you said, many places close early because it takes so long for people to travel home.  They often re-open late for the same reason.  Another issue is that many workers don't return at all so when businesses in the manufacturing sector do re-open they not only have orders backed up but they often have to find new employees as well.  Even a business which is not directly affected itself will often have issues because its suppliers are affected.

Of course the fab might not be in China.  If it is, though, BLF urgently needs to find out whether it will be closing around the Chinese New Year period or working at reduced capacity.

Quoted mostly because I liked that if. It's very cute.

If that's the case, would The Fab Feb FAB Fib be added to the lexicon? (Fab = fabulous)

Lol.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
legendary
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author

Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
That must be why it is so cheap. Some legwork is required at a boutique fab?

Western business people regard having good contacts as essential to success.  Relationships are also a critical part of doing business in Asia.  Not only do you need an agent who actually has the influence they say they have, you need an agent who will actively use that influence on your behalf unless you want your orders to be pushed aside repeatedly because another agent has a better relationship with the manufacturer than yours does.

Am I the only one here who's gob-smacked by the fact that none of the project leads for any of the BTC ASIC vendors seem to have been flying to Asia on a regular basis to meet with their agents and manufacturers?

eh, ngzhang is in Asia to begin with, and earlier last month, i flew in as well. every member of the Avalon team is in china at the moment.
I'm not happy to be right on this, and I do hope it works out for you and other BFL pre-order customers.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Well..........Creativex,Frizz,mem...........you guys were right on the delay part   Sad

Now all we can do is wait & see if BFL has another delay.It dosen't make any sense for me to get a refund,they may get it right this time & I'll really be behind the 8 ball if I lose my place in line........

All other ASIC vendors have no room for my preorder as of now,so I'd be looking at march-may for my first device.............

I'm more dissappointed than anything else,I'm an optimist at heart...........still hoping,but it looks like FPGA crap all over again  Sad

Soooo..........bring on the "I tolds ya so's"...............I'm ready  Roll Eyes

Pages:
Jump to: