Pages:
Author

Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013 - page 10. (Read 22705 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Note that this is effectively the minimum time. From what I've read TSMC and the other big players generally meet their schedules like clockwork but smaller boutique fabs tend to have more trouble giving a firm shipping date and sticking to it. I'm not actually sure why BFL felt using a smaller fab was something they should boast about...

It's been mentioned before, but doing business in Asia isn't just about the reliability of your manufacturers - your choice of professional agent is absolutely critical to timelines being met.  It's worrying that BFL is always having to chase down their agent for information rather than the agent keeping them updated.
That must be why it is so cheap. Some legwork is required at a boutique fab?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Note that this is effectively the minimum time. From what I've read TSMC and the other big players generally meet their schedules like clockwork but smaller boutique fabs tend to have more trouble giving a firm shipping date and sticking to it. I'm not actually sure why BFL felt using a smaller fab was something they should boast about...

It's been mentioned before, but doing business in Asia isn't just about the reliability of your manufacturers - your choice of professional agent is absolutely critical to timelines being met.  It's worrying that BFL is always having to chase down their agent for information rather than the agent keeping them updated.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
fact: you can not make adjustments once the MASK is made. even if you were to run a gate/metal fix, you'd still have to run the whole process all over, which is a workflow of 2 month. This time is also completely not limited by man power, but limited to how fast the Fab can produce the layers, and this is not magic, it is mathematically calculable once you "tape-out", how fast you will get your chips back. all these are industry standard. TSMC, one of the big players in this field can produce a "super hot lot" in 0.8 days.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Shall I take that to mean you dispute my post?  Huh

Josh is a poorly adjusted dishonest as sh0le, so what? This is not news to anyone that can read his posts. Try to stay on topic.

I'm only pointing out motives, since motive is what gives your posts credence and you credibility.  And given your motives I no longer belief you're worth my time or effort.  

then STFU and GTFO!  kthxbye!

okay, who the f*ck are you and why do you care?

it doesn't matter - I'm not worth your time and effort as well.. move along now peasant.. (aka GTFO)

then what was the point of posting in the first place?  edit -  answer: b/c you're a troll.

Josh is a poorly adjusted dishonest as sh0le, so what? This is not news to anyone that can read his posts. Try to stay on topic.

I'm only pointing out motives, since motive is what gives your posts credence and you credibility.  And given your motives I no longer belief you're worth my time or effort.  

then STFU and GTFO!  kthxbye!

it doesn't matter - I'm not worth your time and effort as well.. move along now peasant.. (aka GTFO)

Has anyone ever actually met any of these people? I know exactly one BFL reps full name, the rest are all first names or convicted felons that seemingly have no official capacity with the company. I'll reserve my worry about Jody & her family's well being when I'm convinced there is a BFL_Jody.

Since BFL_Josh is in tight with Neal Fletcher and Neal Fletcher is a known puppetmaster over at bullshido...well color me skeptical.
I am not even going to touch that topic.

What concerns me is that I get the impression that Jody and Josh are not even in the same building most of the time. They talk as if they haven't seen each other in the workplace [in the same day].

Whats up with that?

Why is Jody talking about it like it's the first shes heard of it? Isn't she GM (General Manager) and don't they see each other all of the time? Or is she a stay at home CS type of thing? (Serious question)

why does she act like she just heard the latest word from the blog or a post?

I do agree with the point that they seriously need to communicate better amongst themselves, but if they are telecommuting that's nothing new many do it all the time.  Just b/c people are in the same building that doesn't mean they will communicate any better..
legendary

you found that flippant.  The fact that she is joking about, "our families will have the burden of having us all at home to celebrate with them."? That's a common joke and she isn't referring to anything that has to do with us.  But she has respectfully offered a refund by stating,

" If we have extended our date beyond your ability to stick with us, we at Customer Service are ready to refund money for those who want to get out of the line."
In the tone I read it, it did sounds flippant.
legendary
Holy molly, you guys do you homework. I don't even have any clue what these names belong to.
Kinda disturbing all the same names come up in this tight web of associations.

And Josh calls me a stalker?! I have never even tried but I can't hold a tiny candle next to you extensive research.

The only thing missing is for someone to stick a finger up their collective butt and check their temperature.....
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
My loss I guess. No hard feelings then. Cool

you found that flippant.  The fact that she is joking about, "our families will have the burden of having us all at home to celebrate with them."? That's a common joke and she isn't referring to anything that has to do with us.  But she has respectfully offered a refund by stating,

" If we have extended our date beyond your ability to stick with us, we at Customer Service are ready to refund money for those who want to get out of the line."
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Shall I take that to mean you dispute my post?  Huh

...well color me skeptical.
Have you ever NOT been skeptical of BFL?

Yes actually. I placed an order with them on 10/5/2012(#10299). I then asked if I could make partial payment via BTC and the rest bank wire. On 10/8 I received a reply, but they declined. I then began to do more research on BFL and their competitors and chose to next order from BTCFPGA. I had no reason to be skeptical of BFL at that point aside from their poor performance with their FPGA product rollout, which they assured everyone would not be repeated.

This is some sort of personal vendetta with you and really has nothing to do with business.  

Shall I dig up the posts where I said the very same thing to BFL's COO ...he also suggested, I was a stupid, idiotic liar, and a waste of human flesh.....

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
I'm unfamiliar with Nick or John and I'm trying to forget that any of the Vleisides could have access to other people's money.

Quote from: BFL Press Release
Nick W.
BF Labs Inc.
816 226 6966
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I have found compelling evidence that oranges make a less than optimal artificial heart.
I demand proof.
Pages:
Jump to: