Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 3. (Read 20578 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Wasn't Andreas advisor to Neo Bee led by scuzzball Cryptocyprus Danny who is the latest big scammer on this list (only Mark K. is missing)?

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinStocks/comments/1swo6w/andreas_antonopoulos_is_advising_neo_bee_look_at/

So he didn't pay Dorian Nakamoto diddly squat as of yet when it only takes seconds to make a payment? Quelle surprise...

Well, even the man with the best of intentions might become the advisor for someone not that good. Andreas is probably busy and don't have the time to research everyone that contacts him. But he's probably well meaning and if anyone reaches out for help he gives a helping hand. By action, he's repeatedly shown that he wants the best of Bitcoin. It could all be a play, but I doubt that.

As for the Neo Bee situation I have no idea how that's played out or what's happened, if there's anything criminal going on, that's highly unfortunate, and the last thing bitcoin needs.

Dorian Nakamoto is reportedly not active when it comes to bitcoin, and I saw some reports of him not even having an internet connection, he had to drop it because of emotional distress. Through traditional channels, communications might take longer, and if there's an exchange to dollars involved, and possibly a flight so the money can be transferred in person as well, it will all add to the time required to finish the deal.

If however it turns out it's a scam, Andreas has forever burned himself, somehow I believe that's not very likely, so as long as he's not provably failed, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

at this falling rate, he'd be lucky if it's $60  Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
What is your agenda in repeatedly stating that Andreas is running a scam?

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

Will you be posting a public apology after Andreas delivers the funds?

LoL

Trendon Shavers was the "community" financial leader until his scheme imploded.

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Public apology for what? For my right to freely express what I think?

Wasn't Andreas advisor to Neo Bee led by scuzzball Cryptocyprus Danny who is the latest big scammer on this list (only Mark K. is missing)?

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinStocks/comments/1swo6w/andreas_antonopoulos_is_advising_neo_bee_look_at/

So he didn't pay Dorian Nakamoto diddly squat as of yet when it only takes seconds to make a payment? Quelle surprise...
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Read here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Man, for a VIP member, you sure seem sour and jaded.  Did the price crash get to you?

Yes, I cannot stop to think how the people which bought BTC "savings" at 1200 USD are feeling right know... Poor people.

Embarrassed

I am also sad for those people in the same way I was sad for those who bough at 260 in April last year, managed to hodl, and sold at 1000... Wink
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Man, for a VIP member, you sure seem sour and jaded.  Did the price crash get to you?

Yes, I cannot stop to think how the people which bought BTC "savings" at 1200 USD are feeling right know... Poor people.

Embarrassed

Did you sell your forum account?

No.

By the way, I read in another thread that Andreas is involved with the Neo&Bee scheme. It is a coincidence the donation date was changed when the Neo&Bee CEO just vanished...

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

LoL

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Did you sell your forum account?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Bruno Kucinskas a.k.a. Phinnaeus Gage a.k.a. TMIBTCITW ran off with a valuable herd of Bagot and British Primitive Goats belonging to a Lambo-driving Bitcoiner.
Okay, I take it back, it was possible to make it slightly more surreal. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

LoL

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

LoL

Bruno Kucinskas a.k.a. Phinnaeus Gage a.k.a. TMIBTCITW ran off with a valuable herd of Bagot and British Primitive Goats belonging to a Lambo-driving Bitcoiner. (at least that's what I hope it'll read once added to the ironic list above if such comes to fruition)

"The Bitcoin detectives will find us any day now, led by this dude name Pinn... Shit! We're fucked! Well, at least I uttered my first double entendre."
So by all means call someone a scammer when you have absolutely no evidence of that, but I hope you will be apologetic if and when you are proven wrong. I would certainly apologise to you for doubting you in that case.

I did not called him a scammer at any moment. I said that is a money grab scheme. Let me repeat: money grab scheme, which rely on collect money for whatever reason and keep it.
Alright Augusto have it your way. It's a shame that you're not going to explain why you think Andreas is operating a money-grab-scheme-which-you-don't-say-is-a-scam-but-just-some-other-way-to-collect-money-for-whatever-reason-and-keep-it-somehow-not-in-line-with-what-he-promised-to-do, nor that you intend to apologise for those accusations if and when Andreas does deliver the funds thus disproving your money-grab-scheme-which-you-don't-say-is-a-scam-but-just-some-other-way-to-collect-money-for-whatever-reason-and-keep-it-somehow-not-in-line-with-what-he-promised-to-do theory.

But that will be the last you will hear about it from me as this has now become too surreal.
vip
Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

Yeah, let me guess... The next excuse will be the USD/BTC price is not high enough, so the donation will be done in June.

Roll Eyes
vip
So by all means call someone a scammer when you have absolutely no evidence of that, but I hope you will be apologetic if and when you are proven wrong. I would certainly apologise to you for doubting you in that case.

I did not called him a scammer at any moment. I said that is a money grab scheme. Let me repeat: money grab scheme, which rely on collect money for whatever reason and keep it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Anyone that believes Andreas will be anything short of honest must have a screw or two loose. 

First, Mr. Antonopoulos has always been a very honest, forthright, and generous person.  Second, the amount of BTC donated here is quite small compared to what it would cost Andreas if he attempted any sort of scam.  The damage that would do to his reputation would directly impact his own finances, due to the stigma it would put on the businesses he either owns, or is involved with.

Personally, I think he is a legitimately good person, and has only the best intentions.  But, even if you were to assume that is not true, it would still make no sense for him to steal a sum this size.  Now, if this fund contained thousands of BTC, then I could understand a bit of concern over transparency...but that is not the case.  Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

absolutely.  and if Augusto Croppo has any doubts, put your money where your mouth is.
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds. 

I am in for that.

I bet all my coins that Andreas will deliver as soon as he is back from his time out.
Anyone willing to take my bet?

If as soon means within 24 hours of making public communication and it's at 10 to 1 I'm in Smiley
Activity: 1582
Anyone that believes Andreas will be anything short of honest must have a screw or two loose. 

First, Mr. Antonopoulos has always been a very honest, forthright, and generous person.  Second, the amount of BTC donated here is quite small compared to what it would cost Andreas if he attempted any sort of scam.  The damage that would do to his reputation would directly impact his own finances, due to the stigma it would put on the businesses he either owns, or is involved with.

Personally, I think he is a legitimately good person, and has only the best intentions.  But, even if you were to assume that is not true, it would still make no sense for him to steal a sum this size.  Now, if this fund contained thousands of BTC, then I could understand a bit of concern over transparency...but that is not the case.  Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

absolutely.  and if Augusto Croppo has any doubts, put your money where your mouth is.

I am in for that.

I bet all my coins that Andreas will deliver as soon as he is back from his time out.
Anyone willing to take my bet?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Activity: 160

Sure you have a right to say whatever you like, but it reflects on your character if you're shown to be wrong.

Though it'd still be nice to hear exactly why you draw the conclusions you do. I was really hoping we'd hear those reasons, which is why I asked what your agenda was.
Activity: 714

LoL

LoL

Trendon Shavers clearly ran a ponzi scheme, i feel sorry for the people involved with him not because of what they lost but what they never had (brains).

Bruce Wagner just needed 1 letter in his name changed and re-positioned to form what most people would describe him as. If he was a voice associated with bitcoin it was certainly self imposed.

Patrick Harnett was offloading his toxic pirate debt ahaaa he's the best example on your list.

Zhou Thong was and still is a very intelligent lad but I don't think he stole anything.
vip

LoL

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

LoL

community showed support, great thing Smiley happy to be part of it

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme?

Activity: 1582
community showed support, great thing Smiley happy to be part of it

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme? I am start to think this money will be never donated to Mr Nakamoto. Greed has corrupted most of the big enterprises behind Bitcoin. Why this is going to be different anyway?

I don't know if you know but Andreas did say he was taking some time off....
Pages:
Jump to: