Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1337 [MANDATORY UPDATE] 41.78% APR| POS ONLY - page 13. (Read 259475 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Any word on when Cryptopia will get their wallet out of maintenance?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Runs fine without using the old wallet (connects, synchronizes, updates to correct height). With the old wallet it terminates after doing a re-scan.

Did you read my post above about new windows wallet?
Yes, but I must not have unzipped it correctly. Or some such problem; did a lot of 1337 downloads today. Made sure I had the xenon GUI and all worked well.

Thanks.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
Runs fine without using the old wallet (connects, synchronizes, updates to correct height). With the old wallet it terminates after doing a re-scan.

Did you read my post above about new windows wallet?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I'm still having trouble syncing with the network. I'm running 1.9.0.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
Yesterday I downloaded the bootstrap chain provided on github. But getinfo tells me since hours that the latest block is 1062454, although I've 60 connections.
Version 1.8.0.0 worked for months like a charm but 1.9.0.0 is terrible Sad

Any ideas what I can do?

Please try this latest snapshot https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-snapshot9252017.zip
Activity: 809
Merit: 1008
I'm still having trouble syncing with the network. I'm running 1.9.0.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
Yesterday I downloaded the bootstrap chain provided on github. But getinfo tells me since hours that the latest block is 1062454, although I've 60 connections.
Version 1.8.0.0 worked for months like a charm but 1.9.0.0 is terrible Sad

Any ideas what I can do?
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
Everyone, please try new windows wallet (1337-qt9252017.zip) from here https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-qt9252017.zip . This should solve wallet crash with old wallet.dat.
Its working fine now
Great work, well done  Wink

So i guess this is the correct height?

18:34:15

getblockhash 1064573

18:34:15

74228d11711817309cad49459b294097ab3fdaf8063466d214e46836292afb50
Activity: 35
Just updated from 1.8 to 1.9 and it worked great with the new wallet sent out today 9/25/17. All I had to do was literally just launch the new wallet and it came up with my old wallet and synced up just fine. Thanks for resolving the issue.
Everyone please try the latest snapshot from here https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-snapshot9252017.zip . Folder also has 1337.conf file with some new nodes for better connections. Everything seems to be normal atm. Still working on Mac wallet which will be available soon.
Activity: 47
Everyone, please try new windows wallet (1337-qt9252017.zip) from here https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-qt9252017.zip . This should solve wallet crash with old wallet.dat.

When will I be able to get my coins off Cryptopia so I can start staking them? Every time I try I get "Maintenance, wallet update to 1.9 required."
Activity: 161
Merit: 19
works for me as well. great job!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Worked for me Smiley Thanks a lot Smiley
Activity: 139
Anyone has working nodes for wallet 1.8?
anyone has updated node list

updated list for wallet version 1.9:

https://pastebin.com/G7XyMvtW
Activity: 52
anyone has updated node list
Shieet and I was coming here to make sure I go through the process correctly. I suppose its a good thing I decided to delay the transition. Unfortunate that others are having

problems right now, but hopefully we can fix it soon. Btw does anybody know why we have to transition to a new wallet? I get the APR is halving but could that not work on old one?

This is a great question... why do we have to continually transition for every apr drop when they are all preplanned? Is it really needed to do multiple hardforks? You could not do one code change that includes all apr drops and make one new wallet?

Not a dev, but I assume this needs some more work.

Right now, we should focus on getting 1.9 to work for everyone and then we have 3 months (until the next halving) to figure out if this is possible. I think it's a good idea though.
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Shieet and I was coming here to make sure I go through the process correctly. I suppose its a good thing I decided to delay the transition. Unfortunate that others are having

problems right now, but hopefully we can fix it soon. Btw does anybody know why we have to transition to a new wallet? I get the APR is halving but could that not work on old one?

This is a great question... why do we have to continually transition for every apr drop when they are all preplanned? Is it really needed to do multiple hardforks? You could not do one code change that includes all apr drops and make one new wallet?
Activity: 224
I think everyone just needs to be patient while xenonflux is working on a solution. I'm sure he will get the job done soon so in the meantime we just have to wait as everyone is in the same situation and there is not point getting upset and complaining in here as xenonflux already knows there is a problem with the updated version of the wallet.

And for people who think I am Velvet, well I can tell you now that I'm not. I have had many messages asking me this so once and for all I am not Velvet. I am just a regular person who supports 1337 coin.

If xenonflux have identified the problem, I will calm down .. what will happen now?
a new version of wallet? What do we do ... we use the old wallet until we solve the problem?

I understand what people are saying, but right now there isn't anything we can do about it and just let xenonflux work on a solution. I would be using the old wallet to stake as those stakes will most likely be gone once the new version is up and running 100%. So right now I am not staking and just waiting patiently for xenonflux to fix the problem.

I agree with you. I will continue using the old wallet for the time being until it looks that the new wallet is running more stable.
Activity: 19
I could not get the new wallet 1.9.0.0 to run in Windows and I see I'm not the only one.
The new wallet finishes loading the blocks/index of the snapshot and then just crashes.

I'm glad I took the "unnecessary step" of backing up my /roaming/1337 directory
because I was able to restore it and run the previous 1.8.0.0 version.
Had to launch it twice before it would run though.

I had 6 active connections. Now down to 1 connection.
I guess everyone else is trying to update their wallet and failing.

Does anyone know the reason for the update?
I mean if it works, don't fix it.
Pages:
Jump to: