Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1337 [MANDATORY UPDATE] 41.78% APR| POS ONLY - page 10. (Read 259471 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 259
I just want to thank the 1337 team for all the hard work they have put into the new updated wallet version, I done exactly what xenonflux post on how to update to the new wallet version and it all worked perfectly. See all we had to do is be patient and wait for xenonflux to fix the issue and he did. Thanks also to LadyWhaleCoin for being so kind to give me some free 1337 coins on Twitter where I also spread the news that people need to update their 1337 coin wallets right away as they are missing out on staking rewards.

Are all the exchanges on the new version now?

Hi Vella,

Nova, BTCPOP seems to be fine...still havent heard from Coinexchange, Cryptopia and Tradesatoshi. I will keep you all posted.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
I just want to thank the 1337 team for all the hard work they have put into the new updated wallet version, I done exactly what xenonflux post on how to update to the new wallet version and it all worked perfectly. See all we had to do is be patient and wait for xenonflux to fix the issue and he did. Thanks also to LadyWhaleCoin for being so kind to give me some free 1337 coins on Twitter where I also spread the news that people need to update their 1337 coin wallets right away as they are missing out on staking rewards.

Are all the exchanges on the new version now?
Everyone, please update your wallet to the latest version v1.9.0.0. from the official github https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/tag/v1.9.0.0 . Only Windows qt is available at this moment and Linux users can compile the latest version from github just like before. Sorry Mac users, there will be a slight delay as I am still working on mac wallet compile. New reward halving will kick in Sunday 24th Sept, 2017 13:37 UTC. This will set the reward APR to 20.890625%. Also, please keep in mind that anyone with v1.9.0.0 cannot send/receive coins to/from v1.8.0.0 and vice-versa. I will try to upload the latest snapshot(bootstrap) as soon as I get a chance. Below are the steps on how to update,

- Backup your wallet and save your backup somewhere safe (This is very important)
- This step is not necessary but just to be safe, backup (copy) your 1337 folder in your C:/Users//AppData/Roaming to your USB or your Desktop.
- Close your wallet (older version) if its open
- Download 1337-qt9252017.zip from the github link above.
- Extract the zip and run 1337-qt.exe
- If you see an assertion error or if you are unable to start new wallet at all, go to your above Roaming folder and delete 1337 folder (before deleting make sure you backed up your wallet)
- If you are having connection issues, please download the 1337.conf file from above github location and paste/replace it in your Roaming/1337 folder.
- Once the snapshot/bootstrap is available in the above github location, you can use that to speed up the sync process.
- For any other issues, please join our official Slack channel https://the-1337-foundation-invite.herokuapp.com/ and we will try our best to help you asap.

On a different note, our main developer Velvet78 is unreachable at the moment due to an emergency so I have stepped up to carry out his development work. More exciting stuffs are coming up next. Stay tuned!

Signing out,
Xenonflux.

Thanks for the instructions! My wallet's beginning to sync up again. So, once the wallet syncs up, I should replace the wallet.dat file in the folder with the one that I saved on my usb stick?

On a totally separate note, I'd like to toss out the possibility of rebranding 1337 and possibly making it a masternode coin. Whatever the case, something needs to be done. This coin is dying a slow death.

Yes.

Regarding the rebranding, still need to weigh in different scenarios but we ll keep you posted.
when u say remove you mean delete because it wont let me delete the database, forget it i give up, its givin me a fuckin headache

You need to close your wallet before deleting and yes delete. If this is your first time, please follow this youtube tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeBC8o1lL8k
lol i know im a pain in the ass but i really do appreciate your help thankyou so much

You're fine Smiley and welcome.
Merit: 105
Everyone, please update your wallet to the latest version v1.9.0.0. from the official github https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/tag/v1.9.0.0 . Only Windows qt is available at this moment and Linux users can compile the latest version from github just like before. Sorry Mac users, there will be a slight delay as I am still working on mac wallet compile. New reward halving will kick in Sunday 24th Sept, 2017 13:37 UTC. This will set the reward APR to 20.890625%. Also, please keep in mind that anyone with v1.9.0.0 cannot send/receive coins to/from v1.8.0.0 and vice-versa. I will try to upload the latest snapshot(bootstrap) as soon as I get a chance. Below are the steps on how to update,

- Backup your wallet and save your backup somewhere safe (This is very important)
- This step is not necessary but just to be safe, backup (copy) your 1337 folder in your C:/Users//AppData/Roaming to your USB or your Desktop.
- Close your wallet (older version) if its open
- Download 1337-qt9252017.zip from the github link above.
- Extract the zip and run 1337-qt.exe
- If you see an assertion error or if you are unable to start new wallet at all, go to your above Roaming folder and delete 1337 folder (before deleting make sure you backed up your wallet)
- If you are having connection issues, please download the 1337.conf file from above github location and paste/replace it in your Roaming/1337 folder.
- Once the snapshot/bootstrap is available in the above github location, you can use that to speed up the sync process.
- For any other issues, please join our official Slack channel https://the-1337-foundation-invite.herokuapp.com/ and we will try our best to help you asap.

On a different note, our main developer Velvet78 is unreachable at the moment due to an emergency so I have stepped up to carry out his development work. More exciting stuffs are coming up next. Stay tuned!

Signing out,
Xenonflux.

Thanks for the instructions! My wallet's beginning to sync up again. So, once the wallet syncs up, I should replace the wallet.dat file in the folder with the one that I saved on my usb stick?

On a totally separate note, I'd like to toss out the possibility of rebranding 1337 and possibly making it a masternode coin. Whatever the case, something needs to be done. This coin is dying a slow death.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!
when u say remove you mean delete because it wont let me delete the database, forget it i give up, its givin me a fuckin headache

You need to close your wallet before deleting and yes delete. If this is your first time, please follow this youtube tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeBC8o1lL8k
lol i know im a pain in the ass but i really do appreciate your help thankyou so much
lol ok its stating it has now synced, but as soon as a transaction comes to my wallet it syncs again very strange

Try monitoring your blocks for a bit and if it looks like its not syncing properly, download the latest snapshot which was uploaded today https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-snapshot9272017.zip. I am looking for a robust way to deploy all the files to the correct locations in future so that you dont have to deal with them manually.
Ah rats I think I've done something stupid.  I bought some 1337 today, created an address to send them to and withdraw from the exchange.  It was only after this that I realised I was on 1.8 not 1.9.  I have since updated the wallet but although I'm now fully synched up, the address I made is appearing in the wallet and the exchange seems to have sent the funds, the value is not showing in my wallet.  Do you think I've lost it forever?

You ll be fine.

At what point should I be getting concerned?  I'm still not seeing it in my wallet, I'm on block 1067934.

Its possible that the exchange you sent the coins from was not updated. Give it some time.
lol ok its stating it has now synced, but as soon as a transaction comes to my wallet it syncs again very strange
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Ah rats I think I've done something stupid.  I bought some 1337 today, created an address to send them to and withdraw from the exchange.  It was only after this that I realised I was on 1.8 not 1.9.  I have since updated the wallet but although I'm now fully synched up, the address I made is appearing in the wallet and the exchange seems to have sent the funds, the value is not showing in my wallet.  Do you think I've lost it forever?

You ll be fine.

At what point should I be getting concerned?  I'm still not seeing it in my wallet, I'm on block 1067934.
Deleted the embarrassing comment.  One look at page 1 explains it.  I was distracted with kids.  But that was a blazing fast response.  I like it.

No it wasnt an embarrassing comment at all. Best to be sure Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Deleted the embarrassing comment.  One look at page 1 explains it.  I was distracted with kids.  But that was a blazing fast response.  I like it.
My network weight stays at 3 now.  I did send the whole batch to myself, it was working before.  Or is it a maturity thing. 

Yes, your coins take some time to fully mature.

Anyone who is still having issue syncing, please try the fresh snapshot https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-snapshot9272017.zip. Thank you.
how do we use this snapshot?

Assuming you're on Windows, go to your AppData/Roaming/1337 folder. Backup your wallet.dat and remove everything except wallet.dat and 1337.conf (if you dont have it, download from github https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/tag/v1.9.0.0). Copy snapshot files and paste in your 1337 folder. Rerun 1337-qt.exe.
Anyone who is still having issue syncing, please try the fresh snapshot https://github.com/xenonflux/1337/releases/download/v1.9.0.0/1337-snapshot9272017.zip. Thank you.
how do we use this snapshot?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Working again lol

You ll be fine.
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: