Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 16. (Read 58412 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I then went to the cashier who checked my id. So not really anonymous but then again once I have coins I guess it's up to me how anonymous I want to be in spending.

IIRC Moneygram asks ID for tx over a certain threshold.  The cashier is just playing "dumb robot".  The terminal either asks for ID and he/she enters it or it doesn't.
Activity: 721
Merit: 503
Maybe put the "go" button first so you don't have to scroll down to find it. Maybe slightly bigger too (not as big as the giant green button you had before - but green is still a good color):

Will need to look at a few other design changes on that quote page too so this might not happen straight away.

Thanks for the feedback
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
Hi,

1- Why not publish boleto fee on quote cash transaction window?
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
I used the service and bitinstant's part of it was very fast. I think less than 5 minutes from the time I got my reference # from the cashier to the time the funds were in my mtgox account.

At CVS where I went, the moneygram part of the process had a small learning curve. When I got there, the cashier looked at it for a moment, tried to pull up the transaction and said to use the red moneygram phone. This phone has a kiosk # that moneygram uses to put the transaction on the store's list of active transactions. Moneygram asked for my name and address and the receive number and activated the transaction so the cashier could see it. I then went to the cashier who checked my id. So not really anonymous but then again once I have coins I guess it's up to me how anonymous I want to be in spending.

The amount was a little confusing because zipzap adds $3.95 but also writes the original amount that I typed into Bitinstant. Out of mutual caution between myself and the cashier we decided to go for the full amount. I'm not sure what would happen if we went for the original amount. Either way I knew I needed to pay the leave the store minus the full amount with fee included.

So I would probably use the bank deposit feature if possible but for folks in the boonies who had to previously buy a moneypak and go on -otc this is going to reduce the hassle quite a bit.

I plan to keep this USD as a balance to use to pay for things with BTC as needed. Like hosting, tchotchkies, bounties, and little gigs.
Activity: 836
Merit: 1007
"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."
Maybe put the "go" button first so you don't have to scroll down to find it. Maybe slightly bigger too (not as big as the giant green button you had before - but green is still a good color):

Here is what I did.
I went to bitinstant.com and followed the screens through trustcash.com. After printing my payment slip I drove it to the nearest location (Wells Fargo). I gave them the exact amount for the transfer, and after a few puzzled looks from the teller she did the transfer.
That was at 2:05pm. I will update this post when the cash arrives.

EDIT: BAM! 2:19pm and I'm in the money. No ID, no delay, no hassles. This is how I will get coins in the future.

Now this kind of thing is why we do what we do, thanks for the business Smiley

With regards to some of the misc bugs people have reported, most have been patched now, as you can probably imagine demand for a new service can be very high and we sometimes get a few glitches popping up. If anyone finds any issues that haven't been resolved already please email [email protected] and provide as much detail as possible. We're famous now for our rapid support responses.

You still need something next to the "Cash Deposit" default option to let people know that there are multiple choices for cash deposit - many people won't know to click the down arrow to see their choices. How about "Select One" or "Cash Deposit - Select One"? They might just leave the "Cash Deposit" field in the default position without specifying. Maybe you could have a prompt for them if they don't make a specific selection?

About to change this now
Here is what I did.
I went to bitinstant.com and followed the screens through trustcash.com. After printing my payment slip I drove it to the nearest location (Wells Fargo). I gave them the exact amount for the transfer, and after a few puzzled looks from the teller she did the transfer.

EDIT: BAM! 2:19pm and I'm in the money. No ID, no delay, no hassles. This is how I will get coins in the future.

With regards to some of the misc bugs people have reported, most have been patched now, as you can probably imagine demand for a new service can be very high and we sometimes get a few glitches popping up. If anyone finds any issues that haven't been resolved already please email [email protected] and provide as much detail as possible. We're famous now for our rapid support responses.

You still need something next to the "Cash Deposit" default option to let people know that there are multiple choices for cash deposit - many people won't know to click the down arrow to see their choices. How about "Select One" or "Cash Deposit - Select One"? They might just leave the "Cash Deposit" field in the default position without specifying. Maybe you could have a prompt for them if they don't make a specific selection?
Here is what I did.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Is it me, or has it just become easier to do a money transfer through Bitinstant with BTC than it is through Western Union with USD?
This is seriously awesome. I wonder how long the establishment will tolerate you leveraging their ancient and hard won infrastructure to beat them at their own corrupt game.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Mother of God. I can literally pull money from my bank account and convert that money to Bitcoins in the same building. And that building is just two blocks away from where I live.

I never thought that I would see the day...
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
No word about this major development on http://www.zipzapinc.com/ yet though. I wonder if they aren't all that eager to promote an even newer new payment network.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Is ZipZap a new service??? If i go to walmart or moneygram they will know what i say to them if i mention ZipZap?

Go through the process on the BitInstant and then ZipZap site. You will be given specific instructions how to complete the payment at the store. Try it, it works Smiley
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
ZIP ZAP is the agent that connects all the MSB's to Bitinstant (I think).
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Is ZipZap a new service??? If i go to walmart or moneygram they will know what i say to them if i mention ZipZap?
legendary
Activity: 1500
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
This is seriously awesome. I wonder how long the establishment will tolerate you leveraging their ancient and hard won infrastructure to beat them at their own corrupt game.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Here is what I did.

BCB
vip
Merit: 1002
BCJ
FYI

Just returned from MoneyGram
Had to call a phone
Selected Amount and MAKE PAYMENT option
Was connected to a REP in Manilla.
Gave my Phone, Name Mailing Address on a recorded call
Gave Receive Code (from Printout)
Gave Account Number  (from Printout)
Was told to go to clerk to make payment.

Clerk couldn't find payment in the machine at the counter.  Was told to call again.

Called again.

MoneyGram found existing order and deleted it.

Repeated entire process. 

Clerk still had no data on the counter terminal.

MoneyGram rep on the phone said it must be the recipient  not receiving the request??

Abandoned.

Could have been Local Vender->MoneyGram->ZipZap->BitInstant??

Are your servers overloaded?

Just curious
jco
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

When I click 'Return to merchant' I get a page that just displays 'not found'

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

Have you payed for it yet?  I plan on waiting til I hear back.

No, I'd have to drive 15 minutes to do it and I've got a busy day. I may not pay that particular slip at all, but I would like to do this soon, because F dwolla.

As long as the slip was created and you have it you are good to go.

The return to merchant and email slip is a simple glitch we are fixing now.

Your quotes are in the system, we've already processed a dozen or so orders today

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
legendary
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

When I click 'Return to merchant' I get a page that just displays 'not found'

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

Have you payed for it yet?  I plan on waiting til I hear back.

No, I'd have to drive 15 minutes to do it and I've got a busy day. I may not pay that particular slip at all, but I would like to do this soon, because F dwolla.

As long as the slip was created and you have it you are good to go.

The return to merchant and email slip is a simple glitch we are fixing now.

Your quotes are in the system, we've already processed a dozen or so orders today
Pages:
Jump to: