Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 17. (Read 58412 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Apparently I inspired this image.
I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

When I click 'Return to merchant' I get a page that just displays 'not found'

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

Have you payed for it yet?  I plan on waiting til I hear back.

No, I'd have to drive 15 minutes to do it and I've got a busy day. I may not pay that particular slip at all, but I would like to do this soon, because F dwolla.
jco
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

Have you payed for it yet?  I plan on waiting til I hear back.

jco
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Activity: 312
I meant 100 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais. Not 96,1.
Hum, 3,95 from boleto. Bad to know.

I think on quote cash transaction page should be listed the boleto "fee".
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Sorry but maybe I'm missing something

96,1 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais.
Why 217 on boleto?

Boleto charges $3.95 on some orders.

EDIT2: Although now I'm getting an error from CashPayment.com and/or it's not loading.

Can you be more specific please?

Well I had intended to but I couldn't get the error to come back up, because the CashPayment.com site wasn't even loading. But now it seems to be working, so maybe it was a momentary glitch or something. I look forward to trying this out.

Alright thanks!
EDIT2: Although now I'm getting an error from CashPayment.com and/or it's not loading.

Well I had intended to but I couldn't get the error to come back up, because the CashPayment.com site wasn't even loading. But now it seems to be working, so maybe it was a momentary glitch or something. I look forward to trying this out.
Sorry but maybe I'm missing something

100 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais.
Why 217 on boleto?
legendary
Hi, I think something is wrong, see:

1- I buy 100 dollars
2- Will receive 96,1 because the 3,99 fee
3- 100 dollars is 207 Reais
4- Why on boleto I need to pay 215 Reais? Should be 207

Our devs recently made some changes to the integration with Brazil, and there appears to be a display issue regarding that. If you complete the transaction, the boleto (payment slip) says R$217.37 for a USD $100 transaction, which is the correct amount. We are working on fixing the wrong number showing in the checkout screen and it should be fixed shortly within a few days.
legendary
So, for Wal-Mart, I should be choosing Cash Desposit? ZipZap? How does this even work? I assume there must be some pre-existing service at Wal-Mart and other stores where people already use this for something else?

EDIT: Apparently I had a javascript fail, or the site has been updated, because now it's quite clear.

Charlie,

Excellent job. A few recommendations on the following screens:

The "Cash Deposit" default option in window should read "Select One" so that the person can click on the drop down menu and pick their preferred method of payment.

Next:

"Destination Account" is confusing. I liked it when the pop up help window said "email address of recipient"

The way it reads now it leads me to believe I need to have a user name or account somewhere which creates confusion and friction in the process.

Here's a use case scenario that I want to use this for:

I have an online business.
I want bitcoin, my customer only has cash.
I instruct my customer to go to BitInstant.com and select "Cash Deposit to [take your pick]"
Customer enters my email address as the "Destination account"
Customer pays in cash and I get my bitcoin - SUCCESS!

What do you think?

Hey, thanks!!!

OK,  

The "Cash Deposit" default option in window should read "Select One" so that the person can click on the drop down menu and pick their preferred method of payment.
--> GREAT idea, we will implement that right now

"Destination Account" is confusing. I liked it when the pop up help window said "email address of recipient"

--> We're gonna make the "Destination Account" disappear when you choose 'Bitcoin to Email' and notify email will just say 'Email Address or Mobile Number' which should be simple.

Cool?
Hi, I think something is wrong, see:

1- I buy 100 dollars
2- Will receive 96,1 because the 3,99 fee
3- 100 dollars is 207 Reais
4- Why on boleto I need to pay 215 Reais? Should be 207
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Can someone walk my dumb a$$ through this? So, I go into Walmart and I do what now?  Undecided

I just want to be clear on the process as I'm sure the Walmart employee will not be.

Dumb a$$ #2 has same question(s).

BTW, this looks great, Yankee!

~Bruno~

All hail to Smart[phone] a$$ guru!

that the problem of b2b people lacking marketing skills offering products to general consumer - everything should be in plain sight in regards to process when dealing with general consumers.

checking out "how it works" page at bitinstant.com doesn't explain process very well at all:

How it works

BitInstant is the fastest and often easiest way to move your funds from one place to another

In a traditional transfer, your money moves from place to place, costing time each step of the way. Our solution is simple: we keep balances within each of these payment networks. As soon as we see your payment from one network, we can credit you instantly on another.

Select below for a tutorial

well, "tutorial" only has select options for "pay from" and "pay to" and couple of inputs for destination account and notification email address in what seem nonfunctional form. I don't see any tutorial there or explanations how it works exactly in terms what i should be doing. Also from this tutorial isn't clear what to use for 711/Walmart/CVS

A following explanation would pretty much clear how the process works:

- fill out simple form
- print a receipt
- take printed receipt to a store
- have a person at cash register scan the receipt (assuming that's what they will do) and pay the balance due
- when you get home, your money should be in account at selected destination ( roughly 30minutes)

done!
Thanks serge! That does clear it up for me. So, I need money and a receipt from bitinstant.  I'm going to try this on my way home tonight!
So, for Wal-Mart, I should be choosing Cash Desposit? ZipZap? How does this even work? I assume there must be some pre-existing service at Wal-Mart and other stores where people already use this for something else?

EDIT: Apparently I had a javascript fail, or the site has been updated, because now it's quite clear.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Massively cool bits, thanks for all the efforts to bring this into existance!  Will be trying out the service next trip to the big city...
Activity: 836
Merit: 1007
"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."
Charlie,

Excellent job. A few recommendations on the following screens:

Next:

The way it reads now it leads me to believe I need to have a user name or account somewhere which creates confusion and friction in the process.

Here's a use case scenario that I want to use this for:

I have an online business.
I want bitcoin, my customer only has cash.
I instruct my customer to go to BitInstant.com and select "Cash Deposit to [take your pick]"
Customer enters my email address as the "Destination account"
Customer pays in cash and I get my bitcoin - SUCCESS!

What do you think?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I just realized...

Some stores only take cash. I have gone to several where they say "there's an ATM across the street...".

I could definitely see a store saying "we accept cash or Bitcoin". "There's a 7-11 next door..."
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
potentially massively epic

Potentially? I think this definitively qualifies as massively epic... ESPECIALLY the part about going from Bitcoin to cash.
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
EDIT: Fixed!

Printed the deposit receipt ok.. but on "return to merchant" I got a 404 of sorts. only text on page says "not found"
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
legendary
Activity: 1274
And to who do i  talk to inside walmart?
Pages:
Jump to: