Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant - page 19. (Read 58412 times)

legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
I hit return to merchant after going to ZipZap (for CVS) and it went to https://www.bitinstant.com/zipzap_callback where the page said only:

None

Still, awesome service and I'm trying it out today! This could Change Everything(tm) again.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
186,57 to 208 is about 10 dollars off. I still didn't use the service. I'm just testing it. If is really a bug, I appreciate a donation. Thanks

Cool, of course. I shot an email to our rep at the bank, will have a response in a few.

If you find anymore bugs please let me know ASAP

EDIT:

Our devs recently made some changes to the integration with Brazil, and there appears to be a display issue regarding that. If you complete the transaction, the boleto (payment slip) says R$217.37 for a USD $100 transaction, which is the correct amount. We are working on fixing the wrong number showing in the checkout screen and it should be fixed shortly within a few days.

Whats your donation address?

-Charlie
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
I'm speechless. This is huge.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
186,57 to 208 is about 10 dollars off. I still didn't use the service. I'm just testing it. If is really a bug, I appreciate a donation. Thanks
legendary

so in some cases it will be cheaper to send money through BitInstant, in others WU will still prevail.

For now...BitInstant is just getting into the game. With volume they could certainly compete.

We will also be much easier and simpler.

While WU's strategy is make you fill out 3 pages of paperwork while on any transaction under $1000 they barely need half a page of info, we only ask for the info we need.

For example, when we roll out wire transfers and ACH, we will be required to get a little more information from you, only on certain transfers.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

so in some cases it will be cheaper to send money through BitInstant, in others WU will still prevail.

For now...BitInstant is just getting into the game. With volume they could certainly compete.
jco
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This is so great!  Many thanks to the developers.
legendary
Hi,

See this:

1- I go to buy 100 dollars, that is 208 Reais
2- I go to next page and see quote for cash transaction:
Amount you need to pay: 100 usd
Amount you will receive: 95 usd
3- I click go and the total I need to pay is 186,57 Reais. Shouldn't be 208 Reais?

I will look into this, Im not sure why its about $5 off.

If its a mistake on our end, all transactions will still be honored.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

Should have that launched within 4 weeks or so.

Immanent death of Western Union in 5... 4... 3...

one shouldn't forget about the fees. with WU, the further a country the less WU fees are, also WU is cheaper by going to a local agent than sending it from their site with CC.
for instance, WU fees on decent amount to China - 1%, Russia/Ukraine - 4%, Canada - 10%

Hi,

See this:

1- I go to buy 100 dollars, that is 208 Reais
2- I go to next page and see quote for cash transaction:
Amount you need to pay: 100 usd
Amount you will receive: 95 usd
3- I click go and the total I need to pay is 186,57 Reais. Shouldn't be 208 Reais?
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

Immanent death of Western Union in 5... 4... 3...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
This is big time. Congrats Smiley
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

At least bit-pay can do a direct deposit of cash from BTC...

sweet...
legendary
Is it possible for bitinstant to convert the funds directly to bitcoins instead of dealing with mtgox or coinapult?
The whole point of their business is to not be an exchange. That's how they were able to get a money transmitter's license in the first place.

This is partly true.

Hum,

1- If I'm buying with brazilian currency I think the fields should represent Real and not Dollar. When I go to buy I want to insert the exactly amount I want to pay in Real currency.
2- See that I only will know the exactly amout to pay in Real on the last screen that is not Bitinstant page anymore.
3- To generate boleto do I really need to insert my Cpf, Rg and other informations. I don't like that.

1- Follow the instructions on our homepage, type in the amount in USD and it will show you on the bottom how much you will receive in MtGox. It will also show you the BRL amount. Have you tried it? You don't have to go to the next page, it will display right there.
2- We display a very close estimated amount in Real right on our homepage, and you don't even have to refresh.

3- I apologize but thats Brazilian Government regulations, not mine! The Brazilian gov't is VERY rigorous, we are lucky to even have this.

The UK seems an easy egg to crack as you can already just walk into a bank and put money into any account - is it just a technical matter (dealing with Lloyds still using 19th century technology and a bunch of tellers using quill pens) or a legal matter?

UK, EU, and Canada are not far away.

We launched US, Brazil and Russia first because we finished contracting with those countries first. Once a country is ready to go, we launch it within days
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
bitinstant is great. i have used their services many times. no problems whatsoever.
and everything is done very quickly.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
The UK seems an easy egg to crack as you can already just walk into a bank and put money into any account - is it just a technical matter (dealing with Lloyds still using 19th century technology and a bunch of tellers using quill pens) or a legal matter?
Hum,

1- If I'm buying with brazilian currency I think the fields should represent Real and not Dollar. When I go to buy I want to insert the exactly amount I want to pay in Real currency.
2- See that I only will know the exactly amout to pay in Real on the last screen that is not Bitinstant page anymore.
3- To generate boleto do I really need to insert my Cpf, Rg and other informations. I don't like that.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

Aw hell yeah.
legendary
Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Pages:
Jump to: