Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 33. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 24, 2014, 12:00:40 AM
Team AIRcoin should have started their trading algorithm ONLY AFTER all early miners/nonbelievers and simply those who invested into their rigs dumped what they were going to dump or even better keep selling their AIR pool to invite dumping and getting BTC while at it. Another thing that seemed unreal is scalping. If everyone knows that coin moves up at ~5% pace then they would have just scalped to the point that there would be nothing left to developers (in this case Market Makers). I think it does
make sense to start supporting coin now. In fact I feel developers have made this announcement to speed up dumping, otherwise what does it mean that they are still supporting coin? As it stands now it makes sense to mine other coin (any alternative ), sell it for BTC and buy AIRs for cheap if one believes in these guys.
   I have to admit that I mine with my gaming rig (AMD R9 290) and never really cared about returning money that I paid for it through mining. In my mind to find best team behind a coin and
INVEST in it is more important then to buy 10 video cards and then try to make money back on those and then some, for that I have a day job. I have around 200 AIR and plan on adding more AIRcoins in future. But thats me, looks like I am in minority.

Of course you're the minority, you're a brand new account created by the devs. There's no fucking reason to buy this coin anymore or to trust the devs on ANY promise.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 11:59:13 PM
You and me both.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 23, 2014, 11:56:11 PM
Team AIRcoin should have started their trading algorithm ONLY AFTER all early miners/nonbelievers and simply those who invested into their rigs dumped what they were going to dump or even better keep selling their AIR pool to invite dumping and getting BTC while at it. Another thing that seemed unreal is scalping. If everyone knows that coin moves up at ~5% pace then they would have just scalped to the point that there would be nothing left to developers (in this case Market Makers). I think it does
make sense to start supporting coin now. In fact I feel developers have made this announcement to speed up dumping, otherwise what does it mean that they are still supporting coin? As it stands now it makes sense to mine other coin (any alternative ), sell it for BTC and buy AIRs for cheap if one believes in these guys.
   I have to admit that I mine with my gaming rig (AMD R9 290) and never really cared about returning money that I paid for it through mining. In my mind to find best team behind a coin and
INVEST in it is more important then to buy 10 video cards and then try to make money back on those and then some, for that I have a day job. I have around 200 AIR and plan on adding more AIRcoins in future. But thats me, looks like I am in minority.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 11:46:36 PM
Seems like they are putting too much concern into the fact that people were not taking a liking to the proposed ideas. Because they are now indefinitely scrapping them and it will be the very people who did not want X11 and an Altcoin Alliance that will be dumping first. Just sad. They should forge ahead. That way they least have a chance to hold some buy support from those who were open to the proposals. This just seems like a lose-lose situation. People were starting to panic but they just set of a full blown avalanche. Oh well. I will be holding for a while I guess. See what happens.

everything they set out to do failed... literally not one goal met, their trading algo failed, their target price was missed

i'll be lucky to get back electricity on this, because i trusted the devs and their fancy words lol.

it's funny, i thought the low hash rate would be a good thing, and an indication this coin wouldn't be totally dumped

how wrong can you get?

this coin woudl suck LESS if it had 10GH on launch -_-
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
Seems like they are putting too much concern into the fact that people were not taking a liking to the proposed ideas. Because they are now indefinitely scrapping them and it will be the very people who did not want X11 and an Altcoin Alliance that will be dumping first. Just sad. They should forge ahead. That way they least have a chance to hold some buy support from those who were open to the proposals. This just seems like a lose-lose situation. People were starting to panic but they just set of a full blown avalanche. Oh well. I will be holding for a while I guess. See what happens.

Activity: 98
March 23, 2014, 11:27:13 PM
Activity: 70
March 23, 2014, 11:08:05 PM
Awww. That is some painful fall...  

Too bad the experiment didn't work out the way it was anticipated.

If the marketing was better at the beginning it may have helped...

Kind of feel bad for the people who bought in early...

Well, at least the Aircoin team came clean on what didn't worked.... lesson learned for all future coin developers.

I truly hope that there is a plan B, but that was a rather discouraging post from the Devs.

Hope you are able to regroup and think of a new plan Aircoin team, it's never too late to do some CPR on aircoin. =)

PS. #1 priority maybe to introduce new wallet to differentiate aircoin from other scrypt clones. then #2 a new investment plan and how to balance between miners dump and the value of the coin #3 better marketing
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 23, 2014, 11:04:21 PM
EDIT:

To make sure our point is clear: this coin is not dead. We are still actively working full time on it, and it has only been in the market for one week. We are changing our objectives and methods, but that does not mean, in any way, that we are abandoning the coin. For a brief period, it will not be supported by our system, but that does not mean we are not going to implement a new system or that we have abandoned the investment system in any way.
You better be working on it. I can't afford to leave anymore. Instead, I have to buy more very cheap coins out of the desperation. It can't get any worse than this. Only way is up now.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 23, 2014, 11:01:40 PM
Anybody have a suggestion for a pool they want me to setup? NOT shutting down air.carbonshark.com , just thinking of maybe setting up a new pool for a different coin. Taking suggestions..
Activity: 742
March 23, 2014, 10:58:53 PM
So uh, what just happened?  Shocked

The devs just dropped fatman and little boy into the Hiroshima that is AIR coin. What you are seeing on coinmarketcap is the first ring of the mushroom cloud.

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Activity: 5
March 23, 2014, 10:56:21 PM
I'd still give credits to the devs for being upfront and honest about their failure.
Any suggestion on what to mine next? I have no luck with roto due to its insane difficulty level and i was a few hours late to jump in.
Activity: 154
March 23, 2014, 10:52:11 PM
Big mistake Alexander. Nice damage control.  Angry

Showing up with arrogant post like that. Completely ignoring root causes of the failure.
Activity: 126
March 23, 2014, 10:50:47 PM

The devs just dropped fatman and little boy into the Hiroshima that is AIR coin. What you are seeing on coinmarketcap is the first ring of the mushroom cloud.
March 23, 2014, 10:49:44 PM
The irony is painful. There is most likely no other coin out there right now since AIR launched, that was a worse investment/speculation than AIR - The investment coin.

That's irony, pretty much at its finest, or worst, depending on how you look at it.
March 23, 2014, 10:48:09 PM
The devs should destroy the premine.
Activity: 16
March 23, 2014, 10:47:28 PM
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 23, 2014, 10:44:21 PM
Marketcap now number 56....and falling... Nice job dev team.. Your last announcement drove the price to the ground and under. Nice..
Activity: 532
March 23, 2014, 10:42:52 PM

AIRcoin on top of the charts! (of coins that have lost the most value)
Activity: 126
March 23, 2014, 10:42:02 PM
Lol it's like the titanic capsizing only this titanic was a canoe with polished wood.

Air coin just hindenberged. It was a fun suspensful ride. I have nothing left to add as I have been vindicated. Scollito I think the dick sucking is quite enough now. Some poor sap lost 100% of his coin value. I managed to eject with a 25 percent loss.

Pages:
Jump to: