Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 34. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0
March 23, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
wow that was fast ...
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 23, 2014, 10:40:18 PM
Now..... what to do with Flatulence coin??? Maybe wait for it to become methane, and it will have a use again...lol
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 23, 2014, 10:35:38 PM
The irony is painful. There is most likely no other coin out there right now since AIR launched, that was a worse investment/speculation than AIR - The investment coin.
March 23, 2014, 10:23:47 PM
Did you just basically say your coin is a worthless clone now, after one fucking week?

Edit : Now AIRcoin has become a simple scrypt clone with a HUGE premine . Sweet. Dumps down to 0.00026
March 23, 2014, 10:21:47 PM
oh boy . . .  price @ 0.0001 by midnight CST, I'd wager . . .
Activity: 284
March 23, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
Because our team is going to focus its energy toward real world application, we will leave this thread for discussion, and will respond when necessary, but for direct questions and concerns, we will primarily work via email or through our website. Supporters are always welcome to discuss our plans and decisions personally with us as we develop them.

- Alexander

Wait...what? You're statement at the end of your big announcement two days ago was:

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.  

Now, you will only be "answering" questions privately?

Sheesh. Every time you people open your mouths it gets worse and worse.

Activity: 5
March 23, 2014, 10:06:40 PM
that's it folks, straight from the horse's mouth, failure of their algos and withdrawal of support.
Please proceed calmly and orderly to the exit, don't forget to turn the light off if you are the last person.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 10:05:24 PM
Extremely dissapointed, However, I do understand. This is an unpredictable market, and you guys made an admirable attempt.

I believe AIRcoin has succumbed to the same enviromental pressures as nearly every other cryptocoin. The exchange rate began way too high too not sell. I personally had mined for a week with 4.5 M/hash, and on launch day i could've sold for exactly 2.6 BITCOIN !! Are you kidding me ? Thats the equivalent of .08253 BTC Per M/Hash Per Day. !! Ridiculous Prices. At the time i wasn;t going to complain. I saw AIRcoin hitting .006 in a matter of weeks. It seems other miners succumbed to greed and cashed out for the prices i could've potentitally cashed out for. It was WAY TOO PROFITABLE TO MINE.

I never realized that a coin could be too profitable to mine, but if you mined AIR from the early days then you know what I'm talking about. Miners can't be trusted not too sell at such a profitable price, and investors weren't present on Poloniex to pick up the slack.

I will forever refer to AIRcoin as the Perfect Storm...

Also, Here is a small Aside about X11 and why it is superior to other algorithms like scrpyt adaptive N..

There other hash solutions out there the best known of these being Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N which for the most part are the same. They both use a variable N factor which is locked to 2^10 in Scrypt. This is the memory requirement, 2^10 works out to 1024 bytes. Vertcoin a very popular Adaptive-N coin currently uses an N factor of 2^11 which works out to 2048 bytes, every time the N factor goes up the performance of miners drops by half. Vertcoin currently has half the performance of Scrypt and has a maximum N of 2^32 which works out to 4GB, most graphic cards cannot even do work at that level and with the current hash rate the difficulty of Vertcoin could not go low enough to support that level of N. Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N may be ASIC hostile but they are also GPU hostile.

There is an alternative that has been largly over looked which was created by Even Duffield. This is the chap who created DarkCoin which looks to include the DarkSend feature that will allow anonymous transactions. X11 uses 11 well known and high performing hashing solutions chained together to generate the hashes required to generate new blocks. Since it uses 11 different hashes it is complex and unlikely to see a ASIC for it any time soon. The good news for miners is that they can use X11 right now to avoid multipools and start gathering coins that are going to become very important when the Scrypt ASICs hit. Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates less heat.

This is the solution that people have been looking for.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 23, 2014, 09:52:58 PM
In the last two days, we have seriously reviewed our internal structure and how we manage ourselves, the coin, and the community, and we've decided to regroup and reorganize to focus on real-world media, endorsement, and infrastructure. The coin is only a week old on an exchange. It is a living financial experiment, that is under improvement, and those who purchased AIRcoin should know this, and our theory is applicable and works well, but requires an environment that we need to properly build from the ground up, beyond the very small environment offered by just the existing market. It is now our duty to do whatever is necessary to change the system or the environment, so that it works long-term.

This means, clearly, we are seeking a larger real world audience, changing our policies on privacy, making more connections with real world business to accept AIRcoin, and whatever else is necessary to create an ideal economic environment for a large volume exchange. We have not abandoned this coin, nor have we planned on doing so. We intend on making AIRcoin both stronger in code, system, economics, and usage in the real world.

The investment pool and trading system and how we managed was an experiment, one that has proven to be unsustainable in these particular conditions. We have as of, 12 hours ago, the last form of market support was concluded, and it is now a completely free market just like any other cryptocoin with no direct involvement from our system. The price currently is almost entirely dictated by the prices that miners are able to sell at to sustain their profit currently.

Our intention is not to pump the price or to directly declare a price to hold, that was never the intent or the plan, it was to provide slowly moving, up or down, rates, that acceptable support. The intent was to always make a self-sustaining system that did not require direct manipulation or purchasing of the coins from the developers themselves. The entire amount of trading value, right now, is split into ~10% BTC and 90% AIRcoin that was purchased from the market to keep the price up. That BTC will remain on Poloniex and is not withdrawn, is not being used to pay the developers, and following the trend of the transparency release, we have used almost the entire investment pool to purchase AIRcoin, not to pay ourselves.

We have postponed DGW and the wallet update indefinitely. As a result of attempting to rush the development, we ran into numerous syncing bugs from the change to DGW and other tweaks into the code. This is the primary reason for the lack of communication: worry that we would not be able to solve the syncing issue in time. It wasn't up to our standards as compiled and it would have been a disservice to release it prematurely.

We're currently looking carefully x11, however it is still relatively new, and most of the problems it solves can also be solved on the market side, so it is definitely a long term option, but we are going to realistically compare it with Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, or, other algorithms that have benefit to the use of their computing power beyond mining.

At all times, we reserve the right to keep our personal information protected, especially given the anonymous nature of online forums and the cryptocurrency community for our protection, that is why we have chosen to incorporate.

If you have purchased AIRcoin, knowing that this is a long-term investment, it is in your best interest to hold it. If your investment puts you at financial risk, and you are unable to have enough faith in our team to pull through and make results, then you are not invested in the project or the team, but in short-term profit, and there are many other coins for the purpose.

Because our team is going to focus its energy toward real world application, we will leave this thread for discussion, and will respond when necessary, but for direct questions and concerns, we will primarily work via email or through our website. Supporters are always welcome to discuss our plans and decisions personally with us as we develop them.

- Alexander

EDIT:

To make sure our point is clear: this coin is not dead. We are still actively working full time on it, and it has only been in the market for one week. We are changing our objectives and methods, but that does not mean, in any way, that we are abandoning the coin. For a brief period, it will not be supported by our system, but that does not mean we are not going to implement a new system or that we have abandoned the investment system in any way.
Activity: 5
March 23, 2014, 09:39:02 PM
yes, please pump it back to 0.002 so that my sell order will go through, i promise i won't dump again as i would run out of AIR by then  Grin
Activity: 750
March 23, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
seems like a hell of alot of effort to go to just to up and dissapear. That few btc they made split between 5 guys may have corrupted them though.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 23, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

Well, don't keep us in suspense, Turpomann. As none of those links work, maybe you could give us a brief summary and why they aren't posting here.
What browser are you using? Can you open this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/jtb800-216384
It's a link to your profile.
March 23, 2014, 09:28:43 PM

Well, don't keep us in suspense, Turpomann. As none of those links work, maybe you could give us a brief summary and why they aren't posting here.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 09:27:12 PM
Like in the series 'Lost' maybe we are part of a grand experiment. 3btc and we are over 0.002. Even my 17yr old son has 3btc much less a bunch of professors, Phd students & Dev's...no siree they are not that broke but they refuse to hold the hands of the 'cry babies' & buy up 0.002  Roll Eyes

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 09:21:16 PM
Thanks for the coin at 0.0006

Coin is dead
Dev is dead
F^#k University of Chicago  Grin

...none of the buy orders below 0.0006btc are mine...I swear
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 23, 2014, 09:12:32 PM
March 23, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
The amount of rationalizing in this thread is hilariously pathetic. Comparing this coin to bitcoin is like comparing a faulty toyota camry to the first engine ever made.

These guys made claims of weekly 5 % rises and threw in economic buzz words so suddenly they are intelligent? The first post I made here was waiting for proof of identity not some fucking stupid picture of printed name on campus scenery. What are they scared of?

The fact that "University of Chicago" is one of the selling points of this coin is laughable in and of itself seeing as how these kids have refused to identify themselves.

People who put in substantial sums into this coin and lost 70% have EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to demand answers or leave and you cunts back patting the devs for their silence are just sticking your heads in the sand.

There is no trading algorithm neither is there any stabilization module. All that has happened is a coin was launched and is slowly biting the dust. Until the devs identify themselves and provide tangible proof of their claims, people will steer clear from this coin. So again, keep on with the dev fellatio.

I agree. these people (hughjays77 especially, but others) are like little NAZIs running around and policing dissent.

Saying "you are mad as hell and I don't blame you" is probably what the gestapo said as they dragged people to concentration camps. Just chill with the retoric. Every person you are accusing of being a "nazi" has acknowledged your concerns and I have not seen one person invalidate them. You seem to be the one using the "fuck you cunts" type of confrontational language that will really get you nowhere. "buzz words" and "anonymous" I get it and I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH the points that you are trying to make, but I am having to wade through a bunch of points that seem to be stuck on repeat. We hear you and despite the aggressive language you are using, I too do not hold it against you. You do have every right to be upset. But let's acknowledge that many of the current complaints about whether or not a trading algo exists or whether or not they should be anonymous were all factors that you had a chance to ponder BEFORE you invested. These are not new risk factors. I am interested in hearing what you have to say with regards to what improvements you would like to see. It seems the devs are in agreement that much has to be done to fix things, but I can see where people are going to inevitably disagree with how to get there. Since you do seem to have made some relevant observations, do yourself a service and don't let them get muddled up in-between lines of misdirected rage.

Can you read buddy? Honest to god, you are quoting the wrong people, you are jumping to erroneous conclusions and you are implying things that weren't implied.

With fans like you this coin needs no enemies.

Now leave me out of any future diatribes that you may have.
Activity: 308
March 23, 2014, 08:52:00 PM
yeah "bot" was a bit presomptuous, sorry  Cheesy
March 23, 2014, 08:49:37 PM
Safe to declare this coin dead and our money gone?  Poloniex is hurting my soul. Fuck you devs. There's no other way to feel about it right now. You're doing a MTGOX/Mark Karpeles , staying silent when things are at their worst.

hurry up, bot is still buying up to 0.000899, so you can get some money back, next step should be 0.000799  Wink

AIRcoin trading "bot"

It would take 5 BTC , fucking 5 , to buy it up to 0.002 or very close. How retarded is this coin.
Activity: 308
March 23, 2014, 08:43:59 PM
Safe to declare this coin dead and our money gone?  Poloniex is hurting my soul. Fuck you devs. There's no other way to feel about it right now. You're doing a MTGOX/Mark Karpeles , staying silent when things are at their worst.

hurry up, bot is still buying up to 0.000899, so you can get some money back, next step should be 0.000799  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: